Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stoke City v Arsenal (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.94 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.22 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Stoke 4.670 Arsenal 1.870 Seriously folks, these odds are not correct. We should not be below evens away to Stoke, not when we are in good form and full strength, and definitely not now when we are limping over the finish line with injuries and our main goalscorer beginning to tire out and stop scoring. Stoke absolutely HATE us, despise us, mainly down to Wenger's comments a few years back about the style of play, they seem to attribute the subsequent media criticism of their style to Wenger's initial comments about the physicality and throw-ins etc. There is so much bad blood between the sides and they relish when we have to travel up there. The crowd are bang up for it, getting on top of our players and giving abuse, and the players are usually pushed on by them. We all know Stoke raise their level for the big sides at the Britannia and this league game is right up there for them - City drew there 1-1, United drew there 1-1, Spurs lost 2-1, Liverpool lost 1-0, Chelsea drew 0-0. They've not seemed as strong at home in other matches but you can almost always count on Stoke putting in a dogged performance when the big boys roll into town. Here's a look at some of our previous trips to Stoke, I'm usually not one to look back at past matches but there is a pattern in terms of how the games pan out.​

• 08/09 - Stoke 2-1 Arsenal.....first season in the top flight for Stoke, well deserved win against us. Two throw-ins killed us and Stoke successfully disrupted our rythm while imposing their style on us.
  • 09/10 - Stoke 1-3 Arsenal.....the infamous game where Ramsey had his leg broken sadly by that caveman Shawcross. Again we were undone by a throw-in, we equalised through Bendtner and then the red card/leg break. We struggled to break down 10 man Stoke after until the last minute when we got a pen which Fabregas scored. We added salt to the wound in stoppage time with a Vermaelen tap-in.
  • 09/10 FA CUP - Stoke 3-1 Arsenal.....more throw-in troubles for us, equalised and pushed on for the winner but got killed on the break.
  • 10/11 Stoke 3-1 Arsenal....again we had more of the ball, looked nice in possession but were undone at the back, made mistakes and got punished. Stoke then sit back, let us pass the ball and hit on the break.

I'm very concerned about this match and I don't think we'll win at the Britannia on Saturday. We look a bit lethargic right now, injuries are picking up again and you really need the stomach for battle away to Stoke, let's just say I doubt this current team have got it. If we get more than a point I'll be surprised and obviously happy. Arteta is gone for the season, that means midfield shape is out the window, we look disjointed without him. Walcott has now done his hamstring and is done for the season, that means Gervinho(or Chamberlain) will have to play, Walcott can be bad at times but at least he's a goal threat, dont know what to think of Gervinho as he's offered nothing since returning from Africa a few months back. Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Ramsey or Diaby, Rosicky, Benayoun, Van Persie, Gervinho Stoke will sit back, let us pass the ball around and wait to hit us on the break, play for set-pieces and throws. They'll get about us and try to disrupt our play. Our midfield looks soft to me at this stage, Van Persie is slowing down in recent weeks after carrying our attack all season, he's beginning to miss chances he would usually stick away. Value is all on Stoke at this point. Right now I'd say Stoke +0.5 @ 2.060(Pinnacle) is a great bet and represents value too. I won't be betting on it as I never oppose my team but at certain points in the season you feel as a fan when you just wont get the job done...I felt that at home to United when we had injuries aswell and it panned out pretty much like I thought. This seems like another predictable Arsenal slip-up, squad looking tired, always liable to concede, goals beginning to dry up. Stoke +0.5 is the bet here I think.Interested to see what people think about this match, I would price us at least 2.20 tbh.

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th Great preview mate! I reckon people should listen more to fans pointing their sides weaknesses out. I once tipped Southend to beat my Wimbledon (didn't take the bet myself) at odds of 5/4 or something. Didn't get any thanks or feedback so I think people let that opportunity pass. I rarely bet on the PL but this looks like something worthy.

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th i thought about playing a draw here but honestly stoke haven't produced their old fashioned defensive performance for long time like they used to. their season is finished and they are safe so i'm expecting them to play a bit more openly in these games. of course when they do that they leave loopholes in their game and for that reason i'm tipping arsenal to come out on top this time 1-2

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th Games between these two sides always produce goals. Since Stoke got promoted to the Premier League these sides have met 9 times and only twice there were less than 3 goals in games between these two and both these games were played at the Emirates. These two sides met 4 times at the Britannia Stadium and Arsenal only won once, while Stoke won the remaining 3 fixtures. Out of these 4 games, the last 3 produced 4 goals and all 3 times the score was 3-1 (twice Stoke winning by the same scoreline and once Arsenal). In another fixture Stoke beat Arsenal 2-1. So, I expect to see goals in this, but instead of taking Over 3.5 Goals with small stakes I have decided to take a safer option with maximum stakes. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (5 units) ​Bet365

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th Very good stuff being said. Stoke vs Arsenal Another modest season without silverware goes for the Gooners, though I think Arsenal fans have a right to be optimistic about the next. The departure of Fabregas and Nasri in midfield left a gaping hole for Wenger to fill, and were never going to win anything after their early season performances. However though Van Persie's goals has dipped slightly, he is showing a lot of goalscoring instincts and are still getting the chances. I don't think he is going anywhere, especially the raid Arsenal had last summer. Arsenal apart from the loss of senior players have also had players out of form with the likes of Arshavin and Rosicky. The replacements in my opinion hasn't been quality enough. Oxlade Chamberlain was a good signing with plenty of talent and potential, but still inexperienced and raw. Arteta was needed in midfield to replace the hole left by Fabregas and Nasri, in which he did a good enough job in. Though nowhere near the quality of the departed two players. Injuries have cost Arsenal as well this season. A long list of defenders constantly injured, though the likes of Andre Santos have recovered, Wilshere has been another big loss to them from the first choice midfield of last season, as well as Arteta being out for the rest of the season. I felt Arsenal really missed Arteta in the Chelsea game. In the match before that against Wigan, once Arteta limped off injured, the back line was left extremely vulnerable and the hole not covered. Wigan quickly came on the counter and exploited this hole, and caught Arsenal with their trousers down to score two goals that could have been avoided. Arsenal's performance was good enough against Chelsea, though against a team with huge reservations for the midweek fixture, you should feel they should have won. What I was trying to say by the way is that Wenger has done an extremely good job considering the circumstances. With fans calling for the axe after the 8 - 2 defeat and miles adrift of the top 4 being in the bottom half of the table, who would have thought Arsenal would comfortable be sitting in 3rd place? Again, though no trophies this season, Arsenal are poised for success for the next. A good summer of spending should do the job and give Arsenal fans real optimism. Arsenal needs to sign someone big to get the players excited. I feel these 10msignings simply aren't doing the job in terms of real ready made quality. Another season for Stoke winds down to a close. Nothing spectacular again, but comfortably in mid table and a stable club in the Premier league. I fear there is going to be relegation problems for them next season, but that's another story and I don't have much justification on that. The Britannia is always a difficult place to come to. Though it wasn't for fortress of last season, big teams have all dropped points here. Manchester united, Manchester City and Chelsea all only managed draws here, whilst Tottenham and Liverpool were beaten by 2 - 1 and 1 - 0 scorelines respectively. I feel Arsenal are going to give more of a challenge, with this encounter with added spice with previous history between the two clubs. Though it is the odds that give the bigger indicator of value. Arsenal can be backed at 1.90 and layed at 1.91 instantly on Betfair, and though I initially wanted to back Arsenal at around 2.20 odds that I expected, the value here is on a Stoke handicap. Arteta though isn't the best Arsenal player, but he will be missed especially against Stoke and so: Lay Arsenal 1.90 Betfair (effective stoke+0.5 2.065 AC) 10/10

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th Agree with what's been said. I do think there is some slight value in goals like Mustafa says but my bet is to lay Arsenal. Not much to add, only to say that Stoke have avoided defeat more times at home than Arsenal have done away.

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th There's no reason why Arsenal should be under evens here. Defeat against Wigan recently and now away to Stoke could also be on the cards. As said above, Arsenal have a habit of struggling to contain sides with a big physical presence and can see them struggling to do much here. My only selection for this one will be: Stoke DNB - 9/4 @ Various

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th Over 2.5 @ 2.04 pinnacle Stoke have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 6 games, including their last two home games, and tend to have high scoring games against Arsenal, as they have both scored and it has gone over in 3 of their last 4 games, as well as in their last 4 games at Stoke in all competitions. Stoke have won 3 and drawn the other of their last 4 home games, as it has always proven to be a tough place to get a result. Arsenal drew 0-0 with Chelsea last week and lost to Wigan the week before as they have conceded in 7 of their last 10 away games. Though they have van Persie to score for them, they have been alowing goals, and will have problems defending the aerial bombardment that will come their way. Can see both teams scoring, and expect both sides to be more than capable of scoring again Season record: 150-209 (-6.96)

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th We actually played alot better than I expected, deserved to win the game I think. Dominated possession and far more chances, dealt well with their route one tactics bar the cross for Crouch. At least people made some cash from the Stoke +0.5, even if we did win today I believe that bet was where the value lied.

Re: Stoke vs Arsenal - April 28th

Very good stuff being said. Stoke vs Arsenal Another modest season without silverware goes for the Gooners, though I think Arsenal fans have a right to be optimistic about the next. The departure of Fabregas and Nasri in midfield left a gaping hole for Wenger to fill, and were never going to win anything after their early season performances. However though Van Persie's goals has dipped slightly, he is showing a lot of goalscoring instincts and are still getting the chances. I don't think he is going anywhere, especially the raid Arsenal had last summer. Arsenal apart from the loss of senior players have also had players out of form with the likes of Arshavin and Rosicky. The replacements in my opinion hasn't been quality enough. Oxlade Chamberlain was a good signing with plenty of talent and potential, but still inexperienced and raw. Arteta was needed in midfield to replace the hole left by Fabregas and Nasri, in which he did a good enough job in. Though nowhere near the quality of the departed two players. Injuries have cost Arsenal as well this season. A long list of defenders constantly injured, though the likes of Andre Santos have recovered, Wilshere has been another big loss to them from the first choice midfield of last season, as well as Arteta being out for the rest of the season. I felt Arsenal really missed Arteta in the Chelsea game. In the match before that against Wigan, once Arteta limped off injured, the back line was left extremely vulnerable and the hole not covered. Wigan quickly came on the counter and exploited this hole, and caught Arsenal with their trousers down to score two goals that could have been avoided. Arsenal's performance was good enough against Chelsea, though against a team with huge reservations for the midweek fixture, you should feel they should have won. What I was trying to say by the way is that Wenger has done an extremely good job considering the circumstances. With fans calling for the axe after the 8 - 2 defeat and miles adrift of the top 4 being in the bottom half of the table, who would have thought Arsenal would comfortable be sitting in 3rd place? Again, though no trophies this season, Arsenal are poised for success for the next. A good summer of spending should do the job and give Arsenal fans real optimism. Arsenal needs to sign someone big to get the players excited. I feel these 10msignings simply aren't doing the job in terms of real ready made quality. Another season for Stoke winds down to a close. Nothing spectacular again, but comfortably in mid table and a stable club in the Premier league. I fear there is going to be relegation problems for them next season, but that's another story and I don't have much justification on that. The Britannia is always a difficult place to come to. Though it wasn't for fortress of last season, big teams have all dropped points here. Manchester united, Manchester City and Chelsea all only managed draws here, whilst Tottenham and Liverpool were beaten by 2 - 1 and 1 - 0 scorelines respectively. I feel Arsenal are going to give more of a challenge, with this encounter with added spice with previous history between the two clubs. Though it is the odds that give the bigger indicator of value. Arsenal can be backed at 1.90 and layed at 1.91 instantly on Betfair, and though I initially wanted to back Arsenal at around 2.20 odds that I expected, the value here is on a Stoke handicap. Arteta though isn't the best Arsenal player, but he will be missed especially against Stoke and so: Lay Arsenal 1.90 Betfair (effective stoke+0.5 2.065 AC) 10/10
+10.65 units