Jumps racing Thurs 19th April

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April 4.20 Cheltenham If there was ever a race i feel PAUSE AND CLAUSE could win, it would be this one. It will be suited by the softer conditions, and will get the trip. It is now down to an OR of 122 having won off 15lb higher at this track at the festival 3 years ago. Emma lavelle still trains the horse and her form is ok with a 50% strike rate in the last 2 weeks from 8 runners. The race it won at the festival was the Martin Pipe Conditional riders huirdle over 20f, significantly after some poor runs, the horse will run in 1st time blinkers tomorrow around 14/1, i took 16.5 on Betfair in case it drops

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April 3:10 Cheltenham Silver Gypsy 3pt EW - 12/1 (Boyles) Horse was a NR lto, but is declared to run tomorrow. Conditions are there to suit, and the horse as I said showed signs of coming to life lto after a failed chasing campaign. On best form it's a big price so well worth the risk.

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April 3.10 CHELTENHAM~ .4 WIN SILVER GYPSY 12/1 BET365~Good run LTO a bit more improvement in that should see it involved here from strong yard. 4.20 CHELTENHAM~ .3 E/W OGEE 18/1 BET365~First run over hurdles in over two year but gets in here on a good mark with ground and distance to suit and i feel can put lto chase run behind him! .5 E/W DOUBLE

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April [TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Horse Racing [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Cheltenham 3:10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Kelles Belle [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 2/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 19/04/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Bet365 @ 10.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] One of two runners in the race from trainer Nicky Henderson. The selection is scheduled to have jockey Barry Geraghty in the saddle. They have 1 win from 3 starts together and they are her last three races; 418. Last time out was for the Grade 2 David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle. Finished 8th of 19 by 6 1/4 lengths; Chased leaders, went 2nd 3 out, challenged 2 out, led soon after, headed approaching last, faded closing stage. That was a Grade 2 and now dropped to a Listed race. Ladbrokes has her at 6-1 right now so Bet365's 9-1 is a deal. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April [TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Horse Racing [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Cheltenham 3:10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Semi Colon [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 2/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 19/04/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Paddy Power @ 17.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] Form have not been as good since the last time she raced at this track. That was last November (5 races ago) where she finished 2nd by a head to Decoy and had stablemate Kells Belle in 3rd by 2 1/2 lengths. She pulled up LTO and not gone on as good as her stablemate but she handled by trainer Nicky Henderson so there is a chance of winning this race. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April 2:00 » Cheltenham THU 19 APR 2012 THOROUGHBRED BREEDERS´ ASSOCIATION MARES´ NOVICES´ HURDLE (LISTED RACE) (CLASS 1) (4yo+) Winner £11,888 Good To Soft 2m1f Number of runners: 8 UNE ARTISTE 5pts to win @ Evs bog (Bet365 and many more) This looks a match between Une Artiste and Swincombe Flame. I stick with the Nicky Henderson-trained filly who has a good form 111141 her last six results and beat in impressive style over this C&D 23 rivals in the Fred Winter one month ago in the Cheltenham Festival. Rated 138 vs 134 of her main rival and carrying 2lb less since even under a penalty she's only a 4yo with further progress in her for sure. Swincombe Flame had a super start of her career (5 wins and 1 second in her first 6 starts) and won the Lanzarote (by a nose off 123) in January (her last success). She ran very well in defeat afterwards finishing 3rd behind Bourne and Smad Place in a high quality handicap at Ascot and then 9th behind the mighty Quevega in the Mares' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival. The rain and the step back in trip could help but I see more improvement in Une Artiste and with the other 3 runners far from this level I think the French-bred filly can repeat her recent nice success on the same course.

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April « 3:10 » Cheltenham THU 19 APR 2012 ****.COM MARES´ HANDICAP HURDLE (LISTED RACE) (CLASS 1) (4yo+) Winner £9,966 Good To Soft 2m5f110y Number of runners: 15 FRANCESA 2pts to win @ 4/1 bog (most of the firms) This looks another match with the improved Alan King-trained Tante Sissi but the way Francesa won last time out did really impress me as she was coming back from a very long lay-off (1 year) and won very easily. Daly's yard in top form and this filly has the big advantage to carry no penalty for that win so she is very well in in today's handicap even if this is a big step up in class for her but it seemed there was more to come and with her staying quality (this trip could be even short) a bit of rain and the uphill finish of Cheltenham should suit.

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April « 3:45 » Cheltenham THU 19 APR 2012 IAN WILLIAMS RACING HANDICAP CHASE (CLASS 2) (5yo+ 0-150) Winner £10,010 Good To Soft 3m1f110y Number of runners: 6 BRADLEY 4pts to win @ 15/8 bog (most of the firms) Bradley won the Royal Artillery Gold Cup at Sandown and then ran pretty well here at Cheltenham in the Foxhunters chase of the last month's Festival. The Fergal O'Brien-trained 8yo won in very nice style again last time out switched to handicap company at Haydock (3m4f) 12 days ago and even off an 8lb higher mark he's by far the one to beat here with both main rivals carrying a lot of weight and not in sparkling form of late.

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April 2.35 Cheltenham - 3pts win Back Bob Back @ 5/1 (Boyles) Quite surprised at the price given for Tom George's runner who has progressed on his last few runs and his two most recent efforts look very solid indeed. There's a couple of these who like to go from the front which may well play into the hands of a horse such as my selection who will be happy to travel just behind the leaders. Two starts ago he chased home the very progressive Pepite Rose, who is now rated 30lbs superior to when winning on that occasion, and last time out Back Bob Back beat a horse who looked like he might have a similar profile having readily won his previous two starts. The pair were clear on that occasion and it was a very nice performance as he travelled sweetly and kept on strongly. The extra furlong and stiffer track here should be no problems whatsoever and I think he has every chance of making it back-to-back wins.

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April 3.10 Cheltenham - 2pts win Silver Gypsy @ 6/1 (VC) Donald McCain's runner ran with a great deal more promise at Bangor last time off this mark back in a handicap, and is of interest here with a stiffer test likely to help after she was staying on without threatening on that occasion. The form of the race has worked out, and she's probably not on a bad mark here. She should get a good pace to run off which will suit and if she's getting back to her form of early 2011, has a big shout here. It culminated in a close 3rd in a listed race when rated 135 behind a 153-rated horse and a subsequently 138-rated horse with the front three well clear. On this evidence, a mark of 129 is not a bad one to go handicapping with so long as she is back in business. A run over fences never suited as she didn't jump with any fluency and her efforts over the larger obstacles can be forgotten in my eyes. It was her best effort for a long time last time out on good ground at Bangor so with conditions more in her favour today, she can go very well indeed.

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April 4.20 Cheltenham - 3pts win Michel Le Bon @ 6/1 (Bet365) Paul Nicholls and the connections of this horse clearly still think a lot of him having returned from a mammoth break this season to be sent off 10/1 for a Hennessy and the favourite of the Racing Plus chase, but he has failed to deliver on either occasion. However, he's had excuses and returns to hurdles today off what could be a good mark. Previously a very smart horse, a return to his form of 2009 and he would probably win this off a mark of 134 with Ryan Mahon taking off a further 3lbs. His effort in the Hennessy at Newbury was very encouraging, looking a likely contender for much of the contest before unsurprisingly feeling the pinch late on to weaken into 10th of 18. He was always likely to come on plenty for the run so it was no real surprise to see him sent off the 7/2 favourite at Kempton in February. Things didn't go to plan, however, for a number of reasons I think. His jumping from an early stage set him back and he never jumped with any fluency. They went a very quick gallop as well up front around a sharper, more speed-orientated track than he ideally wants I think, and it just put him under a lot of pressure and he could never make up any ground due to his ponderous leaps. The track here should be ideal and I think the return to hurdling is a sensible idea. He shouldn't get so far behind today and I anticipate his best run of the season today.

Re: Jumps racing Thurs 19th April

[TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Horse Racing[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Cheltenham 3:10[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Kelles Belle [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 2/10[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 19/04/2012[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Bet365 @ 10.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] One of two runners in the race from trainer Nicky Henderson. The selection is scheduled to have jockey Barry Geraghty in the saddle. They have 1 win from 3 starts together and they are her last three races; 418. Last time out was for the Grade 2 David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle. Finished 8th of 19 by 6 1/4 lengths; Chased leaders, went 2nd 3 out, challenged 2 out, led soon after, headed approaching last, faded closing stage. That was a Grade 2 and now dropped to a Listed race. Ladbrokes has her at 6-1 right now so Bet365's 9-1 is a deal.[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
1st :)