Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 16 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Arsenal v Wigan Athletic (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April Wigan really impressed me in their recent games. Their recent fixture list would tough even for teams in the top 6. In the last 4 games they faced Liverpool, Chelsea and Man.United and most people expected them to lose all of them, but they did manage to win 2 of these games and only lost by 1 goal against Chelsea. However, I do not expect them to take anything from the Emirates on Monday mainly because Arsenal are generally strong at home, and apart from away loss to QPR won their last 9 games (5 at home). If we disregard the game against QPR, Arsenal have scored 20 and conceded 4 goals in these 9 games and managed 5 clean sheets. The Gunners also have a good home record against Wigan winning the last 5 without conceding a goal. I would have considered Arsenal on a big handicap but since Wigan are in a good form at the moment and Arsenal have an important game against Chelsea next week I would expect 1-0 or 2-0 win for the Gunners. Arsenal to Win to Nil @ 2.10 (3 units) William Hill Arsenal & Under 2.5 Goals @ 4.00 (1 unit) ​William Hill

Re: Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April Under 2.5 @ 2.65 pinnacle Arsenal have won 7 of their last 8 games as they look to tighten their grip on 3rd place on the ladder. They have kept 4 cleans sheets out of their last 5 games, so their defence is standing strong while offensively, they have been scoring goals but Man City, QPR and Everton have held them to one goal in 43 of their last 5 games. They face a renewed Wigan side who have achieved some very good results of late, losing 2-1 at Chelsea but were on the wrong side of some poor refereeing decisions; beaten Man Utd 1-0, beat Stoke 2-0 and beat Liverpool 2-1. They will go to Arsenal and keep it tight once again at the back, and will find it difficult to score there, given Arsenal's improved defence, and the fact that they have not scored at Arsenal in their last 6 games in all competitions. They have gone under in 6 of their last 8 EPL games, so their own defence is playing well and like them to play their part in this ending up being a low scoring game. Season record: 145-202 (-8.41)

Re: Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April 16/4/12 EPL Arsenal vs Wigan What a great match this promises to be. Wigan have been in great form and thoroughly deserved their win against Manchester United. Martinez said they had to beat 1 of the top 4 to have a good chance of staying up, and they've already managed to beat two, Liverpool and Manchester United. They were unlucky against Chelsea and are favourites to avoid the drop now in the bottom 5. Arsenal no doubt have also had a great few months. Who would have thought they'd be the best London club after their 8 - 2 defeat to the hands of Manchester United? Those gooners asking for the sacking of Wenger must have a change of heart now. Typical of ignorant fans only caring about result and league position, not giving managers time on their current position, like Chelsea, Villas-Boas and Di Matteo. Should the Arsenal board have sacked Wenger I am extremely confident that they'd be nowhere near the top 3. Apart from their hiccup against Queens Park Rangers, they are on a tremendous run of wins. They were ruthless against Wolves in a match they should have scored more and full of flair against Man City. No doubt they'd love this run to continue. Though Szczesny predicted that Arsenal should finish above Man City, that looks impossible now with City picking up form and winning emphatically against West Brom and Norwich. Wigan can approach this game with less intensity. They have surpassed expectations for the past few games and anything they get out of this game will be a bonus for them. Even a narrow defeat can be seen as a positive result against an Arsenal side that's on fire right now, as its likely it will go down to goal difference, and a good one can mean a point in the relegation battle. Though that is what worries me slightly about Wigan. They played very well against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd, the latter a performance amplified by the unjust decisions on their trip to Stamford Bridge. Should their winning mentality and intensity drop being out of the relegation zone, it can really affect their performance. I think that has happened to many sides this season, most recently with Blackburn after pulling clear they have been dragged right back and are now favourites for relegation at 1.30, having been as high as 10.00 weeks ago. No doubt Wigan can play superb football, though this is never guaranteed, otherwise backing Wigan on handicap is the distinct choice. A memorable 3 - 2 victory at the DW a few seasons ago when Wigan were 0 - 2 down and won 3 - 2 in the last 10 minutes was a pivotal one in the relegation and the battle for the title. It virtually made Wigan safe from relegation whilst finished Arsenal's title challenge. Other than that, Wigan's record have been very poor against Arsenal. They were beat by 4 goals to nil at home at the DW this season, having seriously broken down after Arteta's first goal. It was a shot Al Habsi should have saved, and just before that Wigan had a superb opportunity to take the lead, and somehow Alcaraz I think managed to scuff wide from 3 yards out. Again, Wigan on handicap is tempting, though Arsenal are very capable of putting half a dozen past Wigan knowing their form and record. Wigan have improved in recent games, but again, their intensity approaching this game and the fact that they are out of the bottom 3 puts me off the handicap. I think goals are a better bet here. Though you'd argue that its important for Wigan not to roll over to protect their goal difference, it's never easy and they will try to get back in the game still and attack. They are still quite open at the back despite playing 3 in the middle which can be exploited by Arsenal. Wigan themselves have proven then can score against the big clubs, scoring against Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United in their last games against top clubs. Martinez is likely to name an unchanged side again following their recent success, so even if Rodallega is fit I don't think he will be included. Other than that Wigan have no injury worries. Gervinho and Gibbs could return for Arsenal, who also have no fresh injuries. Over 3.5 2.360 Pinnacle/188Bet 10/10

Re: Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April Wigan were superb v Man United last week, they deserved to score more than the one they got, and their confidence will be supremely high after that. Even though they are massive underdogs here, we have seen in the last two seasons that Wigan come alive in the last couple of months of the season, and they shouldnt be ruled out here, especially after their last away display at Chelsea. Their record at Arsenal is terrible though, losing their last nine visits to Highbury/Emirates, and the problem is that Arsenal have scored at least two goals in their last seven games against them home/away. The Gunners were clinical at Wolves on Wednesday, Van Persie took his penalty very well and like Wigan they are flying in terms of confidence. Six of the last seven matches between these two has finished with over 2.5 goals scored, and I'm seeing a 3-1 home win here. ​Over 2.5...odds are 1.5 @ sportsbet.com.au 10/10

Re: Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April I've gone against the grain here and think Arsenal can end Wigans recent run here and PP offering 15/8 -2.0 that will do for me. Arsenal can be on fire at times and have found their scoring touch, an early goal is what i need and i think this could be 3-0 easily. Wigan are defending for thier lives in the division but also are a threat going forward. I think Arsenal can overcome them tonight though as they seek 3rd place.

Re: Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April

16/4/12 EPL Arsenal vs Wigan What a great match this promises to be. Wigan have been in great form and thoroughly deserved their win against Manchester United. Martinez said they had to beat 1 of the top 4 to have a good chance of staying up, and they've already managed to beat two, Liverpool and Manchester United. They were unlucky against Chelsea and are favourites to avoid the drop now in the bottom 5. Arsenal no doubt have also had a great few months. Who would have thought they'd be the best London club after their 8 - 2 defeat to the hands of Manchester United? Those gooners asking for the sacking of Wenger must have a change of heart now. Typical of ignorant fans only caring about result and league position, not giving managers time on their current position, like Chelsea, Villas-Boas and Di Matteo. Should the Arsenal board have sacked Wenger I am extremely confident that they'd be nowhere near the top 3. Apart from their hiccup against Queens Park Rangers, they are on a tremendous run of wins. They were ruthless against Wolves in a match they should have scored more and full of flair against Man City. No doubt they'd love this run to continue. Though Szczesny predicted that Arsenal should finish above Man City, that looks impossible now with City picking up form and winning emphatically against West Brom and Norwich. Wigan can approach this game with less intensity. They have surpassed expectations for the past few games and anything they get out of this game will be a bonus for them. Even a narrow defeat can be seen as a positive result against an Arsenal side that's on fire right now, as its likely it will go down to goal difference, and a good one can mean a point in the relegation battle. Though that is what worries me slightly about Wigan. They played very well against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd, the latter a performance amplified by the unjust decisions on their trip to Stamford Bridge. Should their winning mentality and intensity drop being out of the relegation zone, it can really affect their performance. I think that has happened to many sides this season, most recently with Blackburn after pulling clear they have been dragged right back and are now favourites for relegation at 1.30, having been as high as 10.00 weeks ago. No doubt Wigan can play superb football, though this is never guaranteed, otherwise backing Wigan on handicap is the distinct choice. A memorable 3 - 2 victory at the DW a few seasons ago when Wigan were 0 - 2 down and won 3 - 2 in the last 10 minutes was a pivotal one in the relegation and the battle for the title. It virtually made Wigan safe from relegation whilst finished Arsenal's title challenge. Other than that, Wigan's record have been very poor against Arsenal. They were beat by 4 goals to nil at home at the DW this season, having seriously broken down after Arteta's first goal. It was a shot Al Habsi should have saved, and just before that Wigan had a superb opportunity to take the lead, and somehow Alcaraz I think managed to scuff wide from 3 yards out. Again, Wigan on handicap is tempting, though Arsenal are very capable of putting half a dozen past Wigan knowing their form and record. Wigan have improved in recent games, but again, their intensity approaching this game and the fact that they are out of the bottom 3 puts me off the handicap. I think goals are a better bet here. Though you'd argue that its important for Wigan not to roll over to protect their goal difference, it's never easy and they will try to get back in the game still and attack. They are still quite open at the back despite playing 3 in the middle which can be exploited by Arsenal. Wigan themselves have proven then can score against the big clubs, scoring against Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United in their last games against top clubs. Martinez is likely to name an unchanged side again following their recent success, so even if Rodallega is fit I don't think he will be included. Other than that Wigan have no injury worries. Gervinho and Gibbs could return for Arsenal, who also have no fresh injuries. Over 3.5 2.360 Pinnacle/188Bet 10/10
Fork, cant believe there wasn't another goal. Was a great game in the first 25 minutes! Second half was horrible, and Arsenal especially poor. -10 units

Re: Arsenal v Wigan > 16 April

Wigan were superb v Man United last week' date= they deserved to score more than the one they got, and their confidence will be supremely high after that. Even though they are massive underdogs here, we have seen in the last two seasons that Wigan come alive in the last couple of months of the season, and they shouldnt be ruled out here, especially after their last away display at Chelsea. Their record at Arsenal is terrible though, losing their last nine visits to Highbury/Emirates, and the problem is that Arsenal have scored at least two goals in their last seven games against them home/away. The Gunners were clinical at Wolves on Wednesday, Van Persie took his penalty very well and like Wigan they are flying in terms of confidence. Six of the last seven matches between these two has finished with over 2.5 goals scored, and I'm seeing a 3-1 home win here. ​Over 2.5...odds are 1.5 @ sportsbet.com.au 10/10
:D l was really surprised it stayed at 2-1 the whole game, but wigan did play like 9 people in defense...so was really hard