Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April

Re: Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April Sunderland vs Wolves DNB @ 5.5 Bfair I think Wolves can frustrate their opponents this weekend. Obviously it goes against the form book saying Wolves will draw let alone win but I can perhaps see the wheels starting to come off for Sunderland just a bit: a) Out of the FA Cup so season is slowly simmering towards its end b) Tiring of key personnel having played intense games recently (FA CUP X2 which they ultimately lost and tough easter schedule notably against Spurs and Man City) c) Though I don't think its a trait of the manager potential complaceny in the squad against the current worst team in the league d) Finally; as Wolves are all but certainly down so, in a way the shackles are off them to produce good results: i remember in the past when teams were close to the trap door or even after they were mathematically relegated playing some awesome stuff and getting results e) Bassong is suspended so a competent defender can replace him :p

Re: Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April I hope the money on Wolves DNB is a very small stake. They are absolutely dire at the moment. The whole club is a shambles and they quite clearly have no fight left in them. The defence is a laughing stock and the manager is out of his depth. Looking at their last 8 or so matches it is quite amazing how many goals they have let in... around about 30. They are coming off 7 strait losses.

Re: Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April

I hope the money on Wolves DNB is a very small stake.

They are absolutely dire at the moment. The whole club is a shambles and they quite clearly have no fight left in them. The defence is a laughing stock and the manager is out of his depth. Looking at their last 8 or so matches it is quite amazing how many goals they have let in... around about 30. They are coming off 7 strait losses.

Agreed. I wouldn't take Wolves if someone gave me 30.00 on them. Two goals down and a man down after eleven minutes in midweek pretty much says it all. Only question here is whether or not Sunderland turn up. I'd be surprised if they don't, and therefore I think 1.57 is a gift. AH -1 @ 1.77 or so is exceptional value too. They're playing a bad League Two team tomorrow.

Re: Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April I agree that Wolves aren't worth touching, simply because they look a little rudderless at the minute, and are pretty much down. But I still wouldn't call Sunderland a gift at 1.57.... If we're saying that's a gift then you'd also be saying the real price should be 1.40'ish or something, and I don't believe Sunderland have become a top six side overnight. So anyone backing Sunderland are really doing so because of how bad Wolves are. Couldn't make a case for Wolves though, although the season is closing down and Sunderland aren't in any danger, a win though could push them up to ninth, which should be incentive enough.

Re: Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April 14/4/12 EPL Sunderland vs Wolves Though its always dangerous to say that a team is completely out in the race for relegation, I think this is time to say it for Wolves. Though mathematically they are not yet down, I seriously don;t see any way out for them. They were never going to get anything out of that game against Arsenal, despite the red card and 2 goals down at home with 10 men after 10 minutes says it all. I have been rather brave backing them when they had faint hopes, but they simple do not look like scoring right now. Against Arsenal, Arsenal's players were all forward attacking at 0 - 3 up and didn't give half a shit about defending, but despite having 3v3 situations for Wolves, they looked nervous around the box and didn't know what to do with the ball. I know they were jeered by their own fans and are unlikely to get the same treatment, I don't see them scoring here and Sunderland to thump them. But all mugs will probably predict that. So what are the other factors that might need to be considered? I backed Wolves at generous odds against Stoke city, and yet again like Bolton the week before that game they managed to lose after taking the lead. I know they were robbed against Bolton, but they actually had a decent chance then to escape relegation. Sunderland put in a dreadful performance last time out at Everton and were thumped in the end where the players just gave up, and almost felt sick to be playing Everton again after their FA cup adventure together, and put in a similarly poor performance when they lost 0 - 2 at the stadium of light. But I think that might just be against Everton. No doubt knowing O'Neill he will have so sympathy for Wolves and will want to finish with as many points as possible. As said before, Wolves are falling apart. Players are thinking about moves away from the club and are in no mentality to fight. Especially with caretaker boss Connor in charge. Sunderland has even had more time to rest than Wolves and have players who are committed to the club and its future. Hunt and O'Hara remain out without any miracle recoveries, whilst Bassong will start his suspension for his red card. Bendtner, Campbell and O'Shea could return for Sunderland. I backed Arsenal on a heavy handicap of -3.5 and despite all their chances it didn't come through. Backing any game that Wolves are involved in has been a real ******* curse for me this season.This one must at the very worst be a void? Sunderland -1.0 1.840 188Bet 10/10

Re: Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April @ Pay Day, It takes a brave man to have a punt at Wolverhampton atm, and I really appreciate det effort. I like your thought process, and will likely be following you. @ Alex To me, you can't compare a game against an utterly motivated in-form top 4 side, with a team who has nothing to play for, but pride, less than relevant points and home fans. That says something. God have mercy on the bookmaker laying 30 on a Wolves win. ;) "Only question here is whether or not Sunderland turn up." Indeed. Good luck with both your bets.

@ Pay Day, It takes a brave man to have a punt at Wolverhampton atm, and I really appreciate det effort. I like your thought process, and will likely be following you. @ Alex To me, you can't compare a game against an utterly motivated in-form top 4 side, with a team who has nothing to play for, but pride, less than relevant points and home fans. That says something. God have mercy on the bookmaker laying 30 on a Wolves win. ;) "Only question here is whether or not Sunderland turn up." Indeed. Good luck with both your bets.
Fulham and Stoke don't have anything to play for either, and both beat Wolves, Fulham won 5-0. WBA have nothing to play for, and spanked utterly motivated Blackburn the other week. Sometimes having something to lose can be a hindrance, wouldn't you agree? I'm not saying Sunderland are gonna challenge for the Champions League (although you would of thought so the way a lot of folks were banging on about them not so long ago :unsure) I'm just saying Wolves look pitiful. Even if Sunderland are poor today I could still see them winning.

Re: Sunderland V Wolves > 14 April Sunderland -1.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Opportunity to get back into the top half of the table with a win over a dispirited and pretty much resigned to going down Wolves side. They have won 5 of their last 7 home games, with clean sheets in 5 of them, and have scored at least two goals in 3 of these games. They should score on this Wolves side that has allowed at least two goals in 11 of their last 12 EPL games (they have just one win and a draw in these games) as well as allowing at least three goals in 7 of these games. Though there have been goals in these meetings in previous years, this Wolves side is a poor one, and like Sunderland to beat them well here. Season record: 141-200 (-11.56)

14/4/12 EPL Sunderland vs Wolves Though its always dangerous to say that a team is completely out in the race for relegation, I think this is time to say it for Wolves. Though mathematically they are not yet down, I seriously don;t see any way out for them. They were never going to get anything out of that game against Arsenal, despite the red card and 2 goals down at home with 10 men after 10 minutes says it all. I have been rather brave backing them when they had faint hopes, but they simple do not look like scoring right now. Against Arsenal, Arsenal's players were all forward attacking at 0 - 3 up and didn't give half a shit about defending, but despite having 3v3 situations for Wolves, they looked nervous around the box and didn't know what to do with the ball. I know they were jeered by their own fans and are unlikely to get the same treatment, I don't see them scoring here and Sunderland to thump them. But all mugs will probably predict that. So what are the other factors that might need to be considered? I backed Wolves at generous odds against Stoke city, and yet again like Bolton the week before that game they managed to lose after taking the lead. I know they were robbed against Bolton, but they actually had a decent chance then to escape relegation. Sunderland put in a dreadful performance last time out at Everton and were thumped in the end where the players just gave up, and almost felt sick to be playing Everton again after their FA cup adventure together, and put in a similarly poor performance when they lost 0 - 2 at the stadium of light. But I think that might just be against Everton. No doubt knowing O'Neill he will have so sympathy for Wolves and will want to finish with as many points as possible. As said before, Wolves are falling apart. Players are thinking about moves away from the club and are in no mentality to fight. Especially with caretaker boss Connor in charge. Sunderland has even had more time to rest than Wolves and have players who are committed to the club and its future. Hunt and O'Hara remain out without any miracle recoveries, whilst Bassong will start his suspension for his red card. Bendtner, Campbell and O'Shea could return for Sunderland. I backed Arsenal on a heavy handicap of -3.5 and despite all their chances it didn't come through. Backing any game that Wolves are involved in has been a real ******* curse for me this season.This one must at the very worst be a void? Sunderland -1.0 1.840 188Bet 10/10
Betting on wolves has really been cursed this season for me -10 units