Fulham v Chelsea April 9th

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th Fulham +0.25 (AH) @ 2.04 (188 bet) Chelsea do not win enough away games to justify their price, in what is one of the harder away games in the Premier league. Fulham have already beaten Liverpool, Newcastle and Arsenal at home, and managed a draw at Stamford Bridge in the return match. Chelsea did not play well against Wigan, and were lucky to win due to some dodgy decisions from the linesman. They will surely be feeling the fixture congestion more than other teams at this point, and a hotly contested derby which has become a more serious affair in recent seasons is probably not what they need right now. Fulham have come off an excellent performance and a rare away win at Bolton, and although they have nothing to play for would love to get something from this game. Their attacking players are in good form and will likely cause problems for an unreliable Chelsea defence. Fulham don't get beaten at home very often and there is fat value on their side of the match betting in my opinion. 4/10.

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th With this being the 4th game within the span of 10 days, fatigue has to be a factor for Chelsea. Even though, 7 changes were made at the weekend against second from bottom Wigan, its no help that this game is just 2 days removed from the outing against The Latics. Chelsea has been rather unimpressive as of late, dating back to the 2-1 defeat at Manchester City. Following the defeat at Eastlands was a lackluster goaless draw at Home to Tottenham. With the exception of the gritty win at Benfica, The Blues was almost caught by an out of form Villa side after being seemingly comfortable for most of the match before being saved by Ivanovic. Chelsea then allowed a 10 men Benfica side back into the game before sealing the tie up in injury time. It was followed by an undeserved victory that was marred by refereeing decisions and an inspiring performance from Wigan should have earned them a point, however it was not to be. This could be the fixture that Chelsea's recent less than stellar performances finally catch up to them. Fulham will be going into this game full of confidence after the 3-0 thumping of Bolton at The Reebok. Thus, a punt on Fulham or Draw might be the way to go even though Chelsea clearly need to take all 3 points to keep up with their North London rivals in the race for Europe. If Chelsea don't win, I can't see many goals in this one. Back Under 2.5 goals @ 10/11 (Paddypower)

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th Fulham vs Chelsea What a busy fixture list for Chelsea. Juggling a top 4 spot, FA cup semi final during the weekend and waiting the arrival of Barcelona the following Wednesday, Di Matteo will have to ring the changes. Both teams played just two days ago and though both came out with wins, Fulham were far more comfortable beating Bolton away from home at the Reebok than Chelsea at Stamford Bridge of poor Wigan. The incidents in the game are not worth mentioning any more, but it is clear that Chelsea were lucky to get the win... to say the least. However, to be fair, Wigan were superb on the day whilst Bolton were miserable as ever and never looked like scoring. Dempsey was absolutely superb and that free kick was as goo as you'll ever see. He was modest in the interview and you just know he will add to his tally come the end of the season. Fulham at home have been superb. Despite a slip up against Swansea in a game they lost 0 - 3, the scoreline was rather more emphatic than it should have been. Fulham did create chances in the game. Looking at Chelsea, the squad seems quite tense at the moment and remain underdogs for a top 4 spot. Fulham on the other hand, though have nothing much to fight for in terms of European football or relegation, have enjoyed their football and are playing without pressure. Jol as said they want as many points as possible and I know all mangers will say that but Jol will want a win here and his squad are more than capable of competing. A game for Craven Cottage and the players to relish, having beat Arsenal and held Man City during their peak here this season. Chelsea are going to make changes and the wrinkled trio of Lampard Terry and Cole will probably be dropped due to a mixture of reasons. Ramires will probably start. Ruiz is out and the Russian Yak is a doubt for Fulham. Fulham +0.25 2.075 Bet365 10/10

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th I only have to echo what the above posters have said in regards to my bet of Fulham DNB @ 2.6 vs Chelsea at Betfair Chelsea have results-wise improved since Di Matteo, took over, with an impressive 8 wins out of 10. However, on closer viewing, maybe that run isn't as impressive as it is made out to be. Birmingham 2-0 Stoke 1-0 Napoli 2-1 (4-1 ET) Man City 1-2 loss Spurs 0-0 Benfica 1-0 Villa 4-2 Benfica 2-1 Wigan 2-1 The Napoli 2nd leg was the only time where, IMO, they played well. The other games have all been poor performances where they haven't really deserved the result. Spurs, Wigan and Benfica all have reason to feel particularly aggrieved from the chances create and ineptitude of the officials. This fortunate spell has to stop somewhere and a perfect place is at Craven Cottage. Fulham are strong at home against excellent and weak teams. They have a good balance which they haven't found away from home with a solid defence and a technically gifted and direct midfield that puts away teams under constant pressure. Missing Pogrebniak will be a blow but they have more than enough to create chances at will against a suspect Chelsea backline- even if Terry plays.

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th After Spurs dropped points I really think that Chelsea will go for it now. Because at the moment the Champions League qualification is in their hands. Plus they haven't lost to Fulham in last 10 games in all competitions and their record is 6 wins and 4 draws. Chelsea @ 2.20 (3 units) ​William Hill

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th Both teams to score - 8/11 @ Coral - Think there's decent odds here.Fulham have scored 31 goals at home this season which is the best in the league apart from 5 of the top six teams (Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea) and have only failed to score 3 times at home this season and at home have scored 5 goals or more on three occassions and although Ruiz is out and Pogrebnyak could miss out, they've still got some good players like Dempsey, Dembele and Duff who will cause the Chelsea defence problems. They also concede quite a bit at home though and have the worst home defensive record apart from the bottom five relegation candidates. Chelsea have the fifth best away goalscoring record and have only failed to score once in all competitions since Di Matteo took over but have only kept 4 clean sheets away (last one was at Norwich in January) from home this season and add to the fact that Fulham have nothing to play for and that this is a local derby, then you would think that Fulham will go for it from the start and with Essien and Cole out i expect Fulham to score at least one. With players like Sturridge, Drogba, Mata, Torres etc. i can't see Chelsea failing to score as well.

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th

With this being the 4th game within the span of 10 days' date=' fatigue has to be a factor for Chelsea. Even though, 7 changes were made at the weekend against second from bottom Wigan, its no help that this game is just 2 days removed from the outing against The Latics. [b']Back Under 2.5 goals @ 10/11
Good point, Chelsea may have an excess of Latic acid in their legs :unsure Personally I think it would take a brave punter to go Under 2.5 on this one, even though it's usually a low scoring fixture, appologies in advance if that's a winner. Theres only been 1 x Under 2.5 in the last 9 fixtures at Craven Cottage !

Re: Fulham v Chelsea April 9th Fulham +0.25 AH vs Chelsea @ 2.010 (Pinnacle:3pts) Fulham team: Schwarzer, Kelly, Hangeland, Hughes, John Arne Riise, Duff, Murphy, Diarra, Frei, Dembele, Dempsey Chelsea team: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Bertrand, Mikel, Meireles, Ramires, Lampard, Kalou; Torres I think Fulham are a good price here to get a result at home to Chelsea. I think Chelsea's form under Di Matteo has been overrated tbh and havent really been impressed with the performance level even if the results have been mostly good.....they robbed Wigan the other day and were outplayed for long periods at home to Benfica who had 10 men. We'll get a better feel for where this Chelsea side really are tonight away against a good home team in a derby. Fulham are usually good at home bar the odd game like Swansea and United a few months before that. There's goals in the side with Dempsey on fire, and Dembele has proven very good in possession and creating chances. Fancy Fulham to get a draw at least here. :hope

Will do' date=' cheers for the heads up mate :ok[/quote'] You're welcome mate, it sounded it might be heading that way until the penalty. The only bet I had on this match was to Lay against Chelsea winning about five mins before Fulham scored. Only a small stake of a few quid but still a win. I trust I won't be acused of after eventing on this one ? ;)

Fulham vs Chelsea Fulham +0.25 2.075 Bet365 10/10
That was a very good point, Mustafa. Di Matteo really did give it a go and Chelsea looked better despite Mata on the bench. Credit Fulham though. Penalty decision somewhat controversial, but Murphy jumped in with two feet anyway despite getting some of the ball, and you can easily get red carded for that. That Riise shot was immense if it had gone in. I dont know if anyone say John Terry in the replay during Dempsey's header, but that was comedy. As he heads the ball between John Terry's flapping arms with his eyes shut, slowing mouthing "hey!" and the rain pouring on him. I cant describe it, you've gotta see it for yourself. +5.375 units

You're welcome mate, it sounded it might be heading that way until the penalty. The only bet I had on this match was to Lay against Chelsea winning about five mins before Fulham scored. Only a small stake of a few quid but still a win. I trust I won't be acused of after eventing on this one ? ;)
Well, yes you will be, because that's exactly what it is. The rule is pretty simple - if you don't/can't post your bet up beforehand, then please don't tell us all about it afterwards.
6. After Eventing – Please do not this as it only gets negative feedback. We’re happy if you’ve won your bet, but if you didn’t post the bet before it kicked off, then please don’t mention it afterwards.
http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/41369-Punters-Lounge-House-Rules