** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > Semi-Final 1st Leg > Wednesday 18 April

Re: UEFA Champions League > Semi-Final 1st Leg > Wednesday 18 April Sooooo...who else is putting a months wages on Barca reaching the final? :lol..Can't see any way Chelsea won't get destroyed in the Camp Nou, God only knows how they survived tonight. Wait and see what happens in the Clasico first.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Semi-Final 1st Leg > Wednesday 18 April

Barcelona -1.5 @ 2.75 :eyes
Thats what happens when you do not put your chances away, yet Chelsea take one of their very few chances. Any other day and they win by at least two goals in this game

Good points so far guys, Barcelona are ridiculously priced, as much as I want to back them for a comfortable night of viewing! UCLS1 Chelsea vs Barcelona Chelsea +0.75 188Bet 2.02 10/10
+10.2 units Barcelona were all over Chelsea, and though you'd expect that. In the end Chelsea even managed to get a win with the single proper shot on target by Drogba. though 1.75 to win away from home was ridiculous. Chelsea's defense was rather ugly, with Cahill charging balls down. But you have to give them credit to match Barcelona's attacking prowess with brave defending.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Semi-Final 1st Leg > Wednesday 18 April Hi, I have a question for anyone who could help me. I put a bet on tonight for the Chelsea v Barcelona match at ladbrokes. I normaly just put a accumulator on at the weekend with a few quid on and at the bottom of the slip it tells me how much I win so never had this problem before. Anyway... I put Drogba first goal 1-0 with £10 on. The odds when I put it on the slip where 9-1 Drogba first goal and 12-1 1-0 win. What will my return be?? :unsure. Thanks in advanse.:ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > Semi-Final 1st Leg > Wednesday 18 April Laying Barcelona was bet of the week. Surprised how many people backed them, especially at such odds. Myself made a nice profit on Chelsea + 0.75 and by laying Barça. Thanks for the tips guys!

He was poor tonight
I wasn't being serious, he's just my favourite player. Still abit sad he left Arsenal. I thought he was alright, created best chance of the night for sanchez and his chip was cleared off the line by cole.

Hi, I have a question for anyone who could help me. I put a bet on tonight for the Chelsea v Barcelona match at ladbrokes. I normaly just put a accumulator on at the weekend with a few quid on and at the bottom of the slip it tells me how much I win so never had this problem before. Anyway... I put Drogba first goal 1-0 with £10 on. The odds when I put it on the slip where 9-1 Drogba first goal and 12-1 1-0 win. What will my return be?? :unsure. Thanks in advanse.:ok
It would be slightly less than what you would get in a normal accumuator as the events are not independent. Usually you just times the odds together but this time the odds should be thinner. I'd expect about 50/1. Different bookies will have different suggest going on ladbrokes again and find a similar game to make another scorecast to see the odds.

It would be slightly less than what you would get in a normal accumuator as the events are not independent. Usually you just times the odds together but this time the odds should be thinner. I'd expect about 50/1. Different bookies will have different suggest going on ladbrokes again and find a similar game to make another scorecast to see the odds.
40/1 i expect or no bigger than 50's as the post above confirms as the 2nd result can be a direct result of the 1st goal being scored obvuiously

I don't know why Barcelona are such strong favorites here. Even though Chelsea are inconsistent they still have good players capable of producing result. They did so against Napoli when few people expected them to qualify. My conclusion is that teams like Chelsea should not be priced @ 5.00 at home in the semi-final of the Champions League even against Barcelona. Chelsea @ 5.00 (2 units) ​Bet365
Nice :beer

Am going to play bookings here. Felix Byrch has today been confirmed as the referee for this game. His CL record this season is as follows: Porto V Shaktar - 4 yellow 2 red Galati V Man Utd - 6 yellow 2 red Zenit V Apoel - 6 yellow Chelsea V Napoli - 6 yellow Apoel V Real Madrid - 0 yellow Avg: 4.4 yellow 0.8 red Obviously the Apoel V Real Madrid game is a concern, and having not seen it, it is difficult for me to suggest a reason why there were no cards. However he showed in the other games he isn;t afraid to get the yellows and reds out. I think it is always worth considering cards in Barca games, generally for the opposition. And I don;t see this game being any different, as I am sure that Chelsea will be looking to get physical with Barca and try to impose themselves on the game. Di Mateo has already been refering to revenge in this game, and so both the players and fans will be fired up, creating a red-hot atmosphere. In addition, the weather forcast is for lots of rain between now and kick-off, including persistent rain in the London area on Wednesday. This should lead to a soggy pitch, adding zip to challenges. There are plenty of possible culprits for bookings on the Chelsea side - the likes of Ramires, Cole, Ivanovic, Mikel & Merelies in particular. Barca have had 13 yellows in the CL to date. However I don;t think that tells the true story as 4 of their group games involved minnows, and they also had a fairly easy run out at home to Leverkusen in the last 16, having led 3-1 from the first leg. The cards in their other 5 games were: AC Milan home (group) - 5 yellow - Barca 3 AC Milan 2 AC Milan away (group) - 8 yellow - Barca 4 AC Milan 4 B Leverkusen away (last 16) - 4 yellow - Barca 1 Lverkusen 3 AC Milan away (QF) - 4 yellow - Barca 1 AC Milan 3 AC Milan home (QF) - 9 yellow - Barca 2 AC Milan 7 Total: 11 - Average: 2.2 So they can attract the cards themselves. Possible offenders include Masherano (3 yellows in above 5 games), Puyol & Alves. With the Chelsea wing backs likely to get forward as often as possible, Alves & Puyol could be left exposed to possible bookings. Only Bwin have prices up as of yet. They go 2.25 on over 2.5 yellow cards for Chelsea, which looks decent value. However I will play on total yellow cards as I fancy Barca to get their share. They offer over 3.5 yellows at 1.7 and over 4.5 yellows at 2.55. Given the referee has an average of 4.4 yellows, and I expect this to be an above average game for bookings, then I am going to combine over 3.5 & over 4.5, to basically back over 4 Asian yellows @2.05 (i.e. a push on 4 yellows): 4pts Over 4 Asian yellow cards @2.05 - Bwin :hope
4 yellows in the end so a PUSH. Definitely feel I got value here, with the card markets being smashed into yesterday - Over 3.5 from 1.7 > 1.28 and over 4.5 from 2.55 > 1.67. However in the end relieved to get out with a push as there were no bookings until the 69th min, although Merelies should of been carded in the first half imo, amazed how he went the rest of the game without conceding a foul!! Well done Chelsea backers/Barca layers.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Semi-Final 1st Leg > Wednesday 18 April Sorry guys, but this is football ... and it's unpredictable =( A lot of clear chances to score many goals ... but not luck ..., just a one shot of Chelsea and scores a goal, that is effectivity. See u.

I have just done some serious thinking and here are my conclusions after a hectic night: At a current price of 3.15 to win the champions league outright Chelsea seem an obvious lay. Heres why: 1) If Real Madrid go through as they should, they will be odds on which leaves Chelsea as a 3.7 shot to win the final. 2) If Bayern Munich go through, they will be playing the Champions League final at their own ground. I make Bayern a 2.5 shot in the final against Chelsea, leaving Chelsea at around 3.2 again. 3) Chelsea will be without Terry, Ramires, Meireles, Ivanovic and possibly Cahill. Anyone else see my thinking?

Re: UEFA Champions League > Semi-Final 1st Leg > Wednesday 18 April I can not believe what I saw .... plenty of opportunities missed penalty, posts .... again, this is football, not the best team always wins. Sorry, but it was a good bet ... do it again. Salut!