Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April

Re: Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April Chelsea are now fighting for the 4h spot that will guarantee them Champions League football next season (it is unlikely in my opinion that they will eliminate Barcelona and win the Champions League this season). Apart from away game against Arsenal they have easy fixture list and including this game against Wigan they will have 3 home games against teams fighting against relegation. This a good chance for them to earn some important points and improve their goal difference. This season at Stamford Bridge Chelsea scored 3 or more goals in 7 out of 15 games. Moreover, Wigan have poor away record against top sides this season. They have lost 1-3 against Tottenham, 0-3 against Man.City and 0-5 against Man.United, so they have conceded 3 goals in each away game against top 4 sides. Chelsea Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.10 (3 units) ​Bet365

Re: Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April Chelsea to win at odds of 3/10 at Betvictor Even at odds on this price is extremely generous. Chelsea are coming off the back of a morale increasing European win and have lots to play for with their push for a top four place. Chelsea will not underestimate Wigan but Chelsea's squad superiority will lead to a win unless Chelsea produce an exceptionally bad performance.

Re: Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April Chelsea vs Wigan What a terrible run in for Wigan. Chelsea, Manchester Utd and Arsenal in a row. The relegation battle has really been stepped up. Wins are meaningless should teams around you be winning their respective games also. Boss Martinez said that for Wigan to stay up, they will need to take points from these 3 games. They managed to beat a poor Liverpool at Anfield a few weeks ago, and that will give them encouragement. Chelsea on the other hand, though they have progressed through to the semi-finals of the Champions league in a tie against reigning champions Barcelona, they played poorly against Benfica. Despite winning 3 - 1 on aggregate in a 2 - 1 home win, Benfica created all the best chances, and I almost forgot they were down to 10 men for most of the game. You'd expect Chelsea to dominate their advantage at home against a Portuguese side down to 10 men. I don't really care about the results that Di Matteo has managed to pull in because of the huge deviation in football results. He is a poor manager to be managing Roman's Chelsea. Pundits usually praise managers when results come in, but never seem to "think outside the box" about the actual performances. Wigan on the other hand have really been playing well. Aside from their performance against Swansea at home, they played superbly in their last 6 or 7 games. The last meeting between these two ended 1 - 1 and despite a degree of fortune in Wigan's late equiliser, Wigan created enough to get something out of the game. Chelsea will need to win this game to sustain their Champions league charge. There will be goals in this game. Despite this, Chelsea can still knock 5 or 6 past a Wigan side and have done so in the past. Wigan can really crumble after a couple of goals go in or made a poor start. Terry will be rested for this game, depsite him publicly stating he will play through the pain barrier of his cracked ribs. Diame is back for Wigan, though he probably cost Wigan 4 points in recent weeks by not putting away glorious chances to win the game against West Brom and Norwich. Over 2.5 1.625 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 2.470 Pinnacle 6/10

Re: Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April Wigan +1.5 AH. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (4/10) First of all, there inevitably has to be Champions League hangover for Chelsea. Secondly, they are missing some very important people and thirdly, Wigan are fighting for their lives. Wigan are creating enough chances to score against any opponent, but most of the time they just can not find the net. Martinez's side has positive approach and I think they won't sit back and defend all the time but will try and have a go at this old and fatigued Chelsea team. They managed to get a late draw at home v Chelsea earlier this season and I reckon they can at least avoid a deafeat by 2 or more.

Re: Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April Over 3.5 @ 2.57 pinnacle With a 4-2 win away to Aston Villa in between wins over Benfica in the Champions League, Chelsea look a much better side than what they have shown for much of the season. They are up against a Wigan side fighting to avoid the drop and who have won their last two games, and scored twice in each of them. Chelsea are without Terry and probably Cole as well which means they are missing their two best defenders, while they have the pace up front with Sturridge as well as Drogba and / or Torres to worry Wigan. Both teams have scored in 8 of Wigan's last 9 away games and can see this also seeing a few goals in it, as both sides have plenty to play for Season record: 136-187 (-5.78)

Re: Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April

Chelsea vs Wigan Over 2.5 1.625 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 2.470 Pinnacle 6/10
+0.25 units Such a harsh result on Wigan. Offside Ivanovic goal, and refree gave some shocking decisions wrong. Figueroa booked for bundling into Torres after getting the ball, obvious corner give goal kicks etc. Looking at the Di Matteo interview it makes think how lucky he is. Poor Chelsea performance and Wigan deserved better. Betwise I was lucky it went over.

Re: Chelsea v Wigan > 7 April

Wigan +1.5 AH. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (4/10) First of all, there inevitably has to be Champions League hangover for Chelsea. Secondly, they are missing some very important people and thirdly, Wigan are fighting for their lives. Wigan are creating enough chances to score against any opponent, but most of the time they just can not find the net. Martinez's side has positive approach and I think they won't sit back and defend all the time but will try and have a go at this old and fatigued Chelsea team. They managed to get a late draw at home v Chelsea earlier this season and I reckon they can at least avoid a deafeat by 2 or more.
That was a superb shout, I wasn't on it personally as I'd had two good wins for the day before the 3 pm kick offs so relaxed for the rest of the day. Respect :ok