Snooker: Malta Cup

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup

BACK is your buying price and LAY is your selling price - in other words' date=' you're buying Pettman at 2.14 (you stand to win 1.14 for every dollar you could potentially lose) and selling Pettman at 2.26 (you stand to lose 1.26 for every dollar you could potentially win). Hope that clears things up. ;)[/quote']Thanks:ok Now onto the bets..... 10pt single: G.Dott - S.Davis @ 1.41 (5-1) :D (Gamebookers) From the BBC, after Dott beat O'Sullivan 5-0:

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Also.... 3pt double: G.Dott - S.Davis @ 1.41 (5-1) :D M.Stevens - A.McManus @ 1.63 (5-3) :D Odds of 2.30 (Gamebookers) I think the only reason the odds on Stevens are as high as 1.63 is because McManus has just beaten Maguire 5-3. However, that was a game that Maguire described as his worst ever.

Maguire, the world number three, described his 5-3 defeat to McManus as the worst performance of his career. "I think that's as bad as it gets. I can't remember playing that badly before," said Maguire. "Towards the end I was actually embarrassed and wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. It was a terrible day for me."
Good luck:hope

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup In-Running : 4th Frame just completed between Higgins-Robertson with Higgins leading 3-1. Not sure what too many people make of this, but I thought there's a bit of value on Robertson trading at 6.00 . Memories of his near-miss against O'Sullivan when he came back from 4-1 down before eventually losing 5-4 at the Welsh Open is still pretty fresh in my mind. Plenty of opportunities to lay him back later methinks. ;)

10pt single: G.Dott - S.Davis @ 1.41 (5-1) :D (Gamebookers)
3pt double: G.Dott - S.Davis @ 1.41 (5-1) :D M.Stevens - A.McManus @ 1.63 (5-3) :D Odds of 2.30 (Gamebookers)
A good day has me back up to +6.83 for the tournament.:nana :nana

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup I strongly fancy a Dott-Hendry double today, actually - 3.56 at Ladbrokes. ;) With due respect to Higgins, Dott has been flying during the tournament, not least in the last 2 rounds when he hammered O'Sullivan 5-0 before sending Davis home with a resounding 5-1 win. It's hard to envisage how Higgins could live with that kind of form - I certainly don't see him cruising as comfortably as his odds would suggest even if he should prevail eventually. ;) Honestly, I can't see past a Hendry win here as he's simply been flying off the traps (he registered 4 centuries in his 5-1 defeat of Ford last night, didn't he?) to keep up with the form he's displayed so far this year which has been nothing short of superb - he should have beaten O'Sullivan in the Welsh Open and he should make up for lost time here I feel. 5 pt Dott-Hendry double at 3.56 :ok

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup You've got to fancy Hendry big time even against Stevens. The 50 up supremacy is 60 to buy and the volcano is 140. Stevens top break against McManus was 67 whereas Hendry destroyed Ford - 50 up sup made up 236 and Volcano an incredible 497. I think I will buy one or both of the above. I'm leaving the other game alone. I'd like to sell higgins volcano at 95, but I won't.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Hendry has said this is the best hes played in years, he's practicing more and seems to have the hunger back.And considering he's the best player ever to pick up a cue,that sounds ominous.He rarely blows his own trumpet so when he says he's on form,only a fool would back against him in my humble opinion!

either placing a double at the start or lettign your winnings from the single roll over on to the 2nd bet.
I've no idea what point you are trying to make:lol. I'm a bit slow today after last night:beer. Since Hendry is in the single and the double, the bets have to be placed before the Hendry match. I'm just showing that my stake for the double comes from the potential:hope profit of the Hendry single winning.

What a comeback! And what a match - Dott came back from 5-2 down to beat Higgins. :clap Pity the poor sod who laid Dott at 85.00 with a stake of USD199.00 really.
Fantastic result! Now we just need Hendry to do the business for us:ok.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup Hendry wins 6-3:clap Any thoughts on the final? 1.30 Hendry - Dott 3.35 Both players are on form. This should be a Hendry win, but the short odds combined with Dott's form make it tough to call. I think I'll give it a miss.

Re: Snooker: Malta Cup As I write, Hendry is leading 5-4 now - he's available for pretty decent odds, actually. I'm not going to say Hendry is value, but I just can't see him bottling this one the way he did against O'Sullivan - give Hendry -2.5 frames a shot at Betfair if you like. ;)