** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aintree advice please

Afternoon, wondering if my fellow punterslounge punters can give me some advice please. Going to the Aintree meeting for the first time this year, just wondering if anyone has any idea how much a taxi from Southport to Aintree will be roughly?? Also someone mentioned going to a Railway Club after racing for an hour whilst traffic clears, does anyone know where abouts that is? Thanks for any help, any other advice you can give me is appreciated!

Re: Aintree advice please To be honest if i was coming from Southport, i would get the train, very surprised you can't get a train direct to Aintree,Aintree station is only yards away from the course across the road. according to rail line you can get a train to Sandhills,then a train to Aintree.I would deffo go this way, trains run often and only minutes from Sandhills to Aintree. or maybe get a train to Waterloo and then a taxi, I havent been the National for years but i would expect traffic to be bad,trains every few minutes.why not go into Liverpool for a few drinks then get direct train home to Southport.Not sure if it's the Railway but ive walked passed a club on Melling road it's only a few minutes walk from the course on the right. EDIT, What day are you going, I heard Aintree have asked for the Liverpool v Everton semi final to have a late kick off,don't think it will happen, 12.45 kick off, so maybe best to go to the Railway club,don't expect any real trouble in town but will be very lively to say the least, big day for Liverpool, Grand National and 2 clubs playing FA semi final on the same day.town will be packed.