FLAT RACING WEDS 28TH MARCH

Re: FLAT RACING WEDS 28TH MARCH

18.55 Leopardstown: 2pts win Robin Hood @ 4/1 VC Far from a strong handicap with question marks for many of these. The same applies for my selection without a doubt. He comes back from a very long lay-off, raced in the Group 2 Beresford Stakes at Curragh in September 2010 for the last time. It's an obvious concern if a horse is for such a long time off the track, though he should be still the class act in this field. He won a solid maiden in June 2010 and stepped up into pattern company after that, but was probably not completely up to the standard over a mile there, though he finished a creditable third to Casamento in the Beresford Stakes. He's still very lightly raced for a four year old and steps up in trip for the first time to 10 furlongs what should definitely suit and bring out some improvement. Main question is of course if he's fit for the race. You never quite know what you get at this stage of the season from the O'Brien horses. AOB didn't have a good start at the Curragh, though it's interesting that Robin Hood is blinkered for the first time. Step up in trip plus blinkers and the fact that it does not need much to win this race are points enough to give Robin Hood a go here.
Winner! Super ride by Joseph from the front, blinkers helped clearly and he won very well at the end. Two from Two today, great day, and great start in the new flat season anyway as Sunday at the Curragh was already pretty good. @ Lars, yeah tricky ride indeed. He clearly needs further and It will be interesting to see what he can achieve when finally get the chance to race over further. He showed now two very good performances over inadequate trips, so there has to be loads of improvement left.

Winner! Super ride by Joseph from the front, blinkers helped clearly and he won very well at the end. Two from Two today, great day, and great start in the new flat season anyway as Sunday at the Curragh was already pretty good. @ Lars, yeah tricky ride indeed. He clearly needs further and It will be interesting to see what he can achieve when finally get the chance to race over further. He showed now two very good performances over inadequate trips, so there has to be loads of improvement left.
well done .....your on fire today ....some nice picks there ......:ok:cigar

8.10 kemp: ducal (97) and street power (95) have been showing electrifying turns of speed here at kempton recently and this looks like a battle of the speed titans .they will have to overcome haamaat the short price fav but he looks to have a lot on his plate to tackle these two speedsters today and although both are penalised for recent wins the weights suggest another fast run is on the cards both are currently 9/2 so 2pts wins both to take the fav on : ducal 9/2 2pts win genrally street power 9/2 2pts win generally
ducal wins by cosy 1/2 length ......9/2 returns 11 makes (+30 points profit for the week so far )

With you on this one Richard - Good Luck - intersting stats from ATR and Hugh Taylor today; At Kempton tonight (8.10) Haamat is likely to be a warm order given her connections, pedigree and style of her recent win. She could still be a long way ahead of her mark, but she has a tricky draw – more than half the handicap winners over course and distance since November (20 out of 39 races) have been won by horses from the bottom four stalls from just 35% of the total runners, whereas horses from double-figure stalls have a record of just 3 wins from 98 runs since November, with 33 of the 98 starting at single-figure odds. Little afriad of Majuro, particualrly given the money for it but have covered myself on that one. They have defiantly been piss-arsing about with it.
hope you won a few quid on ducal .......i probably should have caned him !!!.....

hope you won a few quid on ducal .......i probably should have caned him !!!.....
With regards to the draw though - does indicate that Haamat ran a great race although I suspect we won't see him on the AW again I'm afraid. Form of the race should certainly work out.

With regards to the draw though - does indicate that Haamat ran a great race although I suspect we won't see him on the AW again I'm afraid. Form of the race should certainly work out.
he actually ran a lot better than i thought he would but none of them really got a good start ....and i think they all had chances but the best horse won in the end ......draw is a major factor at all the a.w tracks .......if your drawn 11 or above in any race up to 1 mile your in big trouble