PGA Tour 2012: Shell Houston Open 29th Mar - 1st Apr

PerryPFC

I am sticking with Ernie. Had he of finished outright 3rd at the weekend he would have qualified for the Masters,and but for some unbelievable misses from as little as 2/3 feet,he would of done so. Other than that,his game is in pretty good shape. T4 at Bay Hill(tough course) & T5 before in Transitions(likely winner 3 holes out). Both could of been so much better. I believe he has to win here,so if he could just sort out that flatstick.... Took 33s yesterday with Hills(now 25/1). Not a bad price,especially with no Tiger in the field! You can still get those odds(Corbett & Betfair) if you're daft enough to join me!

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Shell Houston Open 29th Mar - 1st Apr Last season, the hornet criteria picked out a nice winner in Phil Mickelson - hopefully these three simple criteria will do the same again this year. 1) 5/6 winners were top 20 in driving distance either the year of the win or the previous year 2) 5/6 winners were top 50 in par 5 birdie % either the year of the win or the previous year 3) 5/6 winners had a top 2 finish on the PGA Tour this year This actually only leaves two players: Keegan Bradley @ 18/1 ew General - 13th in driving distance this year, 20th last year - 11th in par 5 birdie % this year - playoff loss at the Northern Trust Open Kyle Stanley @ 50s General - 5th in driving distance this year. 9th last year - 2nd in par 5 birdie % this year, 10th last year - a win at the Waste Management and a 2nd at the Farmers Insurance Open GL :ok

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Shell Houston Open 29th Mar - 1st Apr Anthony Kim @ 110 Continues to show signs of promise but completely incapable of putting together his whole game. Famously won this event with an event worst Driving Accuracy record, so maybe this is the ideal place for his ragged game to still come up trumps. Michael Thompson @ 140 Ranks 4th in Par 5 Performance and 14th in Strokes gained putting, both of which I expect to be important this weekend. Very consistent so far making 7 of 9 cuts with a 6th and two more Top 20's. Decent first outing at this event last year when he finished in the Top 25. Cameron Tringale @ 250 Is pretty strong on the greens and generally makes the most of Par 5's. Have said often I will back him at these odds and he's these odds, so back I have. Pat Perez @ 250 Contended at the Northern Trust and has shown himself in some other events this year. Currently ranks 2nd in Par 5 performance and has a prior Top 10 at this course. Darren Clarke @ 400 Has a tidy little history in this event, albeit a different course. Showed last year he can close out a tournament when in contention and just think these odds are too big. Martin Flores @ 700 Showed himself a couple of times without truly contending. Has been strong with the putter and I think he makes for a really good outsider.

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Shell Houston Open 29th Mar - 1st Apr Time for John Senden 50/1 Hills to get his second win (although i would trade last day if the opportunity arrives G.I.R 3rd BIRDIE AVE 5th SCORING AVE 8TH TOTAL DRIVING 4th 2012,good stats for this course and a good showing last year Would not back Phil this time as he tends to try things out before a major,i did back him last year when he won due to the fact that it was where his wife had her cancer ops and all the doctors etc were there and he gave a huge dollop to charity,so have that down as a one off good luck

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Shell Houston Open 29th Mar - 1st Apr

Would not back Phil this time as he tends to try things out before a major,i did back him last year when he won due to the fact that it was where his wife had her cancer ops and all the doctors etc were there and he gave a huge dollop to charity,so have that down as a one off good luck
I'm sure I read somewhere that he's won four times the week before the Masters, can't remember whether it was online or on twitter. Anyways best of luck to one and all.

Re: PGA Tour 2012: Shell Houston Open 29th Mar - 1st Apr Good Luck All Chad Campbell @ 125-1 [bodog..who pay place 123456] Frustrating player to back but good course form and if can get off to a good start,then it could be his week