Wigan v West Brom > March 17th

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th Wigan vs West Brom Backing Wigan at high odds against Norwich was really frustrating. Wigan despite being the underdogs in terms of pure squad depth playing at Carrow road against a Norwich side with the home advantage were the much better team and generally dominated the game. It is still mistakes that can be avoided that is costing them goals. Though it was a clever finish by Hoolahan, you cant kick the ball out from a goal kick to see the ball in the back of your net 5 seconds later. Wigan’s form has been better away, but only slightly in this must win fixture at home. They won the reverse fixture 2 – 1 at the Hawthorns in a game that on balance probably should have finished a draw. Wigan’s last home game against Swansea was as poor as you’ll see any football team. A dry game and a hollow performance in a game they created some half chances, never enough to seriously see a goal come. West Brom are much more comfortable. Plotting next season in the Premier league is what Hodgson is already thinking about and has less pressure by a mile in this game than for Wigan. West Brom were on an excellent run of results and form until being beat by Manchester United, though they did create chances at old Trafford. I fear for Wigan, and think West Brom may even be favourites for this game, especially if Wigan pulls out the same lacklustre performance against Swansea two weeks ago. However, Wigan being so inconsistent, if they put out a performance they did against Norwich in front of their backing of their fans, I see them being 1.750 favourites to win. Of course, there is no guarantee that they will do that, but odds of 2.900 looks extremely vulnerable with Wigan’s potential. Maloney really impressed me coming off the bench against Norwich last week and I hope he finds a place in the starting lineup. Most important piece of team information for both teams is that Rodallega and Odemwingie are both doubts for this game, with Odemwingie being a bigger one and probably a bigger miss. Wigan -0.25 2.420 188 6/10

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th I want to say there's value in Wigan here as they are the home side, but the odds are fairly similar to when they faced Fulham, and lost 2-0. I think it'll be tough for Wigan as they are much more desperate for the points. WBA in contrast are having a relatively decent season by their standards. Wigan score bugger all, and have one home win all season so I'd probably side with the unders if I had a gun to my head.

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th West Broms record away at clubs in the bottom half is one of the best in the league (5-1-1) and they are in good form at the moment. Didn't see them against Man Utd last weekend but a defeat there is hardly the end of the world. Wigans record at home to clubs in the bottom half is 1-3-2. Whilst thats only two defeats thats still far from impressive. Of those games, Wigan have only failed to score in 2, and have kept 2 clean sheet. It's 1 in each of the same categorys for West Brom. Both teams to score seems like it's on for this. Selections: West Brom to win @ 17/10 (William Hill) Both teams to score @ 8/11 (various bookies)

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th

I want to say there's value in Wigan here as they are the home side' date=' but the odds are fairly similar to when they faced Fulham, and lost 2-0. I think it'll be tough for Wigan as they are much more desperate for the points. WBA in contrast are having a relatively decent season by their standards. Wigan score bugger all, and have one home win all season so I'd probably side with the unders if I had a gun to my head.[/quote'] Even Jol said Wigan deserved at least a point after the game. I really dont know about Wigan. This season their performances have been good and bad, though sometimes they get points from their bad performances but get nothing from their good. Im only interested in the performance to rate teams, and not the results and though I'd like to say I think its just cursed sometimes, eg Diame missing a near open goal last week. I think its just unlucky, but that they have an "inability to score" as some may describe it.

Odd on Wigan is very high. WBA has many injuries players and these players are very important for them. And Wigan has more motivation to have points now. I think that 1X will be perfect bet, Wigan must win at home.
Could you elaborate on supposedly a host of important players missing for WBA. As far as I know centre-back Jonas Olsson is suspended and Odemwingie is the only other notable absentee (not confirmed yet). Thomas and Andrews return from injury lay-offs. Meanwhile Wigan have David Jones sidelined with knee problem and Rodallega with Albert Crusat are both doubtful.

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th I was also impressed by Wigan and especially Maloney was incredible. They deserved a win at Norwich but somehow unlucky. Home form is poor, WBA is coming with some fine gameplay and results but i think Wigan could snatch something.. kind a agree with thuspriders pick

I want to say there's value in Wigan here as they are the home side' date=' but the odds are fairly similar to when they faced Fulham, and lost 2-0. I think it'll be tough for Wigan as they are much more desperate for the points. WBA in contrast are having a relatively decent season by their standards. Wigan score bugger all, and have one home win all season so I'd probably side with the unders if I had a gun to my head.[/quote'] The situation was different at that time. Fulham were giving a 0.25 AH, which most people thought it was too big, so many took Wigan +0.25. Now, WBA are only giving a 0 AH, so, this time, many will feel safe taking the guests, especially in the light of their very good away record.

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th West Brom @ 2.76 pinnacle With just one win in their last 10 games, hard not to see why Wigan are on the bottom of the ladder, especially as their defence has just one clean sheet in these games. Up front, they have scored just once in their last 3 games, so they are finding it tough to score as well. Like West Brom here, as they have managed to win 3 of their last 4 games, and they have been much better on the road than at home, with 4 wins in their last 7 road games. They seem to have stabilised under Hodgson and are now starting to show some more consistency in their game. Season record: 127-167 (+3.85)

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th WBA played really well in their recent games and managed 3 wins in their last 4 games, but taking a point at Old Trafford is never easy even for big sides. 5-1 away win against Wolves and 4-0 home win against Sunderland are really impressive. They have scored many goals in away games especially against the teams in the lower half of the table so I guess they will score at least a couple of goals against struggling Wigan. WBA Over 1.5 Goals @ 2.25 (2 units) Bet365

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th It's hard to see Wigan being good value at only slightly better odds than West Brom, as the home side have only won one of their 14 home games so far, and West Brom's away record is better than average. You could argue that Wigan are more likely winners because they need the win much more than West Brom, but Wigan have needed to win home games for months and failed to do so.

Odemwingie is a loss for West Brom, but despite this, I think there is value with them at odds of 2.7.

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th Dunno tbh. Wigan are 2.920 at Pinnacle, West Brom 2.620. If I recall Wigan were underdogs against Everton and Villa at home too and drew both games, should have beat Villa. I dont think I've ever backed Wigan this season and wouldnt be rushing to today either, but I do think the odds should be slightly closer here. My gut now is a draw and that the odds are a little off.

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th I reckon there could be a few goals in this one guys.. Wigan have to pick up points and a home draw at this stage of this season won't be enough. WBA are decent + organised side & a win here at DW could see them leapfrog into the top half of the table. Wigan have to score, but they can't defend so WBA should score a set-piece of some sort. Going with my favourite bet here: OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.90 - PP

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th Wigan - WBA Over 2.5 1.9@Unibet 6/10! Well, this smells like an over for me, because Wigan are at the wall and must play some attacking football to keep team in Premiership next season. While WBA are in safe position and have to play just for fans and pride. I think today will be an open game, WBA is a very decent side and won last 2 of 3 games, they are coming of loss to man u last week 0-2 and probably put some pressure today on Wigan. But host have not to lose and come up strong too today so hope it'll be an open game with goals flying everywhere! :D gl!

Re: Wigan v West Brom > March 17th If Wigan had a goalscorer or two in their team, they'd be knocking on the door of the top 10. The problem is they miss chance after chance and then fall asleep at the back, hence they draw/lose so many games they shouldn't. It's shocking that Di Santo and Gomez are their joint top scorers with 4 goals this season.

West Broms record away at clubs in the bottom half is one of the best in the league (5-1-1) and they are in good form at the moment. Didn't see them against Man Utd last weekend but a defeat there is hardly the end of the world. Wigans record at home to clubs in the bottom half is 1-3-2. Whilst thats only two defeats thats still far from impressive. Of those games, Wigan have only failed to score in 2, and have kept 2 clean sheet. It's 1 in each of the same categorys for West Brom. Both teams to score seems like it's on for this. Selections: West Brom to win @ 17/10 (William Hill) Both teams to score @ 8/11 (various bookies)
Not really any value but a win is a win on BTTS. By all accounts Wigan were unfortunate.

I reckon there could be a few goals in this one guys.. Wigan have to pick up points and a home draw at this stage of this season won't be enough. WBA are decent + organised side & a win here at DW could see them leapfrog into the top half of the table. Wigan have to score, but they can't defend so WBA should score a set-piece of some sort. Going with my favourite bet here: OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.90 - PP
Terrible finishing cost me my bet.. :\