Cheltenham Placepots

Is anyone having a go this year? Post your placepots in here. Would be great to see if someone won a few quid I will be having one a day for a bit of fun possibly just 4 lines to keep the stake down and see how it goes If one of those favourites is not in the frame, it could pay well Good luck all

Re: Cheltenham Placepots I going tomorrow and can't wait, my placepot selections are...... 1.30 Agent Archie, Galileo's Choice 2.30 Menorah 2.40 Zarrafakt 3.20 Binocular, Celestial Halo 4.0 Scotsirish 4.40 Our Girl Salley, Belle De Fontenay, The Strawberry One

Re: Cheltenham Placepots Where's the best site to place these bets online? Is it possible? Here's mine: 1. Montbazon 2. Al Ferof, Sprinter Sacre 3. The Package, Billie Magern, Tullamore Dew, Alfie Sherrin, Riguez Dancer 4. Rock on Ruby, Hurricane Fly 5. Uncle Junior 6. Quevega 20 lines.

Re: Cheltenham Placepots

Where's the best site to place these bets online? Is it possible?
Won't be placing my placepot on Betfair anyway:eek Yes ,no problems placing tote place pots online with nearly all the bookie,Can't see how it makes much difference which one you choose. Yes,will deffo have a perm place pot everyday at Cheltenham,pool is always massive, year before last had a nice touch first or second day day.will not be picking all the hot pots,the odd cert not placing can make the return very big

Re: Cheltenham Placepots Will be doing a placepot each day for a bit of fun! Here's mine: 1. Tetlami, Colour Squadron 2. Sprinter Sacre 3. Tullamore Dew, Our Mick, Billie Magern 4. Hurricane Fly 5. Uncle Junior 6. Quevega 6 lines, probably won't pay much if it comes in but i just can't see some of these short prices not placing. Let's hope the favs don't place in races 1 and 3! :hope

Re: Cheltenham Placepots I love a good old placepot! 1. Trifolium, Galileo's Choice 2. Al Ferof 3. Fruity O'Rooney, Quantitativeeasing 4. Binocular 5. Sizing Australia 6. Quevega, Terre de Vent Don't think the placepot will pay very much tomorrow

Re: Cheltenham Placepots I actually won the placepot on the Tuesday last year and got back £68 i think it was (cant remember what my stake was now). A good result you'd think? It was but the annoying thing was that I had all 6 winners in there. If i'd have played the Tote Jackpot as well, i'd have won £44k! :puke

Re: Cheltenham Placepots Gutted mate. I won the placepot at Cheltenham on my brothers stag do, £700 from £2 lines, dad copied me as well so he won! Won it at Newbury once and got back less than I staked (about £30 form £32 staked) :( Will be on this tomorrow for sure

Gutted mate. I won the placepot at Cheltenham on my brothers stag do, £700 from £2 lines, dad copied me as well so he won! Won it at Newbury once and got back less than I staked (about £30 form £32 staked) :( Will be on this tomorrow for sure
Did the same my self years ago, got all 6 winners,prices were all small,so was the placepot,it always crosses your mind when you do a placepot and you get the first 3 winners,willing the next one not to win but just get placed, if i find ive picked 5 or 6 favs in the place pot nowadays i either don't bother putting the bet on or look for a few good 2nd fav to throw in instead ,as you say you can get the placepot up using a perm and get back less than you staked so for me it's either gamble on a few decent priced horses to place or no bet.having said that i remember one placepot a friend got up at cheltenham, all 6 favs placed,think it paid £32-£36, not bad, but wouldn't count on it happening regular.

Re: Cheltenham Placepots When it comes to the big meetings, I always put on placepots but never ever perm it. I go all or nothing one selection in each race and very rarely put in the favourite. I might do a £10 or £20 line but its rather nice when you get one up. I remember last year getting Newmarket up for £187 for every pound and the following day getting Newbury up for £50... happy days. I have never come close to getting a Cheltenham pot up though :( One of the days last year paid over £40k I think. Or maybe the year before...

Re: Cheltenham Placepots Had a place pot at Royal Ascot early 90s, had a 40p perm 8 lines, we all know the feeling when it's a toss up between 2 horses in some races, i remember humming and arring over 2 horses ,just threw the other one in 2 nd to last race, had 4 lines running onto 5 leg, horse i picked not placed other horse placed my last selection placed, dividend well over £ 8.000, sick. was saving to buy a house at the time, would have been well enough for the deposit.

Re: Cheltenham Placepots Past experience tells me that 1 of the odds on will get beat but I just can't see it. 1. Montbazon, Tetlami 2. Sprinter Sacre 3. Hold on Julio, Our Mick 4. Hurricane Fly 5. Sizing Australia 6. Quevega Probably wouldn't be a revelation if it comes in.

Re: Cheltenham Placepots ok 5p perms 200 lines race 1 cinders and ashes montbazon tetlami trifolium vulcanite race 2 al ferof menorah race 3 quantativeeasing magnanimity tullamore dew the package billie magern race 4 binocular rock on ruby race 5 scotsirish garde champetre race 6 quevega best of luck to all

Re: Cheltenham Placepots Going for 576 lines @10p a line, and avoiding all the shorties Galileo's Choice Vulcanite Dylan Ross Al Ferof Cue Card Pentiffic Tulamore Dew Hold On Julio Baile Anrai Binocular Overturn Scotsirish Uncle Junior Sizing Australia Swincome Flame Kentford Grey Lady Shop Dj Terre Du Vent

I love a good old placepot! 1. Trifolium, Galileo's Choice 2. Al Ferof 3. Fruity O'Rooney, Quantitativeeasing 4. Binocular 5. Sizing Australia 6. Quevega, Terre de Vent Don't think the placepot will pay very much tomorrow
Just put this on but taken out galileos choice and quantitativeeasing so it's just 1 selection in each race.

Past experience tells me that 1 of the odds on will get beat but I just can't see it. 1. Montbazon, Tetlami 2. Sprinter Sacre 3. Hold on Julio, Our Mick 4. Hurricane Fly 5. Sizing Australia 6. Quevega Probably wouldn't be a revelation if it comes in.
Only Montbazon done by a head into 4th, don't know whether it's better to go down in the 1st or the last. I doubt it'll pay much though with the 3 short favs placed.