** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > FA Cup > March 17/18

staffy

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 17 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Everton v Sunderland (12:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers (17:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 18 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chelsea v Leicester City (14:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.78 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Liverpool v Stoke City (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Chelsea v Leicester Taking these quickly as fair chance it will move. Like Leicester to put up a fight here, and at least find the net. As it is a cup tie, I think they will have a go. Chelsea just played a draining 120 mins, with the likes of Lampard, Essien & Drogba playing the full 2hrs. Also, both John Terry & David Luiz look to be injured. With the Man City league game on the horizon as well, I think we could see a few changes for this game. And should Terry miss out at the back, then they will be very vunerable. 4pts Chelsea Clean Sheet NO @1.95 - Bwin 2pts Leicester +2EH @2.05 - Boylesports :hope

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Liverpool v Stoke City Maybe a bit early to pick, but I fancied this as soon as I saw the draw. Under 2.5 Goals. 1.93@ Betfair Liverpool's home form has been impressive all season, but they seem to do better against teams who are willing to play open football. They may have trouble breaking down a well organised defense like Stoke, as they showed in their 0-0 draw at Anfield in January. Stokes away form is unadventurous. 6 of their last 7 games have finished with under 3 goals, including narrow losses at Chelsea (1-0), Valencia (1-0), Manchester Utd (2-0) and the aforementioned 0-0 against Liverpool. They may fancy their chances in a replay, as they have already beaten Liverpool at home in the EPL. I think Stoke are going to "park the bus" in front of the goal mouth, and although Liverpool are good enough to break then down, especially given Stephen Gerrard's performance v Everton, this will be no rout,.

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Liverpool vs Stoke Stoke +1.25 (AH) @ 1.9 (Ladbrokes) Liverpool have been struggling to beat organised sides at home, with league draws against Blackburn, Norwich, Sunderland, Swansea and their opponents here, Stoke. They create the chances but don't put them away; their chance completion ratio was the worst in the league last time I checked. It's something that could change but it hasn't done all season really so I would not start assuming it will do now, despite good performances from Suarez, Carroll and particularly Gerrard in midweek against a half-strength Everton side. Liverpool have been consistently overrated by the bookies this season IMO, their points total suggest they are a mid-table team rather than a top five team, and 1.4 or lower on offer here for the home win is very poor value. Stoke are a resiliant side who were hard to break down even with ten men against Chelsea last week, they are safe in the league so will be committed to achieving another Wembley appearance, with the realistic aim a replay at the Britannia. It should be a tight game, and with this bet offering some profit even if Liverpool manage to sneak it, I think 1.9 is very good value for the +1.25 AH.

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Everton vs Sunderland Sunderland +0.5 (AH) @ 1.975 (Bet 365) Everton and Sunderland are evenly matched sides. They have the same points total in the league, and both are on a good run of form. This would suggest fair odds of around 2.25 for the home win, and probable odds of around 2.1 taking into account the overround. I don't think Everton deserve to be odds on here, and that opens up a bit of value on the Sunderland side at close to evens. Sessegnon is suspended, which is a blow, but they still won without him last week against Liverpool. Everton played in midweek, so Sunderland should be fresher. They did not play a full-strength team in the derby game, but many first team players still played, so that plus a gruelling, hard-fought encounter against my team Spurs last week will have affected the Everton players.

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Everton vs Sunderland Everton was in my head instantly when I saw this fixture. Everton have played very well recently in the League and at home, have beaten top teams the likes of Chelsea, Tottenham and Man City and winning all 3 fixtures to nil. No doubt the toffees are continuing their traditional second half charge. A defeat in the Merseyside derby has ended the run, however it is obvious that Moyes had the FA cup and a Wembley final in his mind. Many changes were made to his starting lineup and has been debated. Goodison park will be fired up for this fixture and is a Cup they will want to win and realistically see themselves winning. Sunderland as Ive said before are in a similar position. O'Neill no doubt will also want this, but in terms of quality of players I think Everton edges it. Sessegnon is still suspended going into this fixture who will be a loss as will Cattermole. Richardson and Bendtner are slight doubts. Gibson will be the biggest miss for Everton imo, whilst Pienaar is not eligible to play with Tottenham still in this competition. Another final point that i might have mentioned before is that though O'Neill has definitely improved Sunderland's results, the players hasnt really been playing extremely well as the results suggest, only that he has squeezed every ounce of effort out of them. I'd expect a similar effort from Everton with their stronger squad. 48/29/23 > Even squad 51/28/21 > Everton's superiority 51/28/21 > Team news 52/28/20 > Greater home advantage than normal 48/52 = 0.923 Thus value in: Everton -0.5 1.975 Bet365 5/10

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Sunderland +0.5 @ 1.92 pinnacle Everton are coming off a mid week loss to Liverpool which ended a 9 match unbeaten run in all competitions. Sunderland beat Liverpool last week, despite being without two key players in Sessegnon and Cattermole, and though they are without these players again in this game, the players that stepped do well against Gerrard and co. Both managers have had their teams playing well in the last few months, and not much separates their form. Like Sunderland to get at least a draw here, as both defences negate their opposition attackers, as neither sdie has been scoring goals in abundance. Tottenham - Bolton under 2.5 @ 2.75 pinnacle Spurs have lost their last 3 EPL games, as their defence has been found out, and uncharacteristically allowed 9 goals in these games. Even against Stevenage they allowed a goal in the 3-1 win over them, so expect to see the defence become more stable if Gallas is called into the team. However, doubt that they will have too many problems with Bolton who have not scored in 6 of their last 8 away games in the EPL, which included a 3-0 loss at White Hart Lane. However, they played for most of the game with 10 men with the sending off of Cahill in the 18th minute, so as long as they have 11 players on the park, then they should give Spurs a decent game here. Like Spurs to win, but not much value on them winning, or even by two, so given their sub-standard form of late, can see them doing just enough to edge Bolton out. Season record: 127-167 (+3.85)

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 [TABLE] [TR] [TD][h=1]Tip Detail[/h][/TD] [TD=align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD] Football (England - Cups) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Spurs v Bolton [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Spurs [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 17/03/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] William Hill @ 1.30 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD] With Harry Redknapp probably leaving for England he may see this as his last opportunity to win silverware certainly at club level. For this reason I expect Spurs to put a strong team out to get the job done today. [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2]Close Window[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18

Everton vs Sunderland Sunderland +0.5 (AH) @ 1.975 (Bet 365) Everton and Sunderland are evenly matched sides. They have the same points total in the league, and both are on a good run of form. This would suggest fair odds of around 2.25 for the home win, and probable odds of around 2.1 taking into account the overround. I don't think Everton deserve to be odds on here, and that opens up a bit of value on the Sunderland side at close to evens. Sessegnon is suspended, which is a blow, but they still won without him last week against Liverpool. Everton played in midweek, so Sunderland should be fresher. They did not play a full-strength team in the derby game, but many first team players still played, so that plus a gruelling, hard-fought encounter against my team Spurs last week will have affected the Everton players.
Agreed. I think Everton are the more likely winners, but odds of around 2.0 are too short and 4.7 on Sunderland looks too long.

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Everton v Sunderland Everton have finally lost, following that nine-game unbeaten run. In recent times this team seems to wake up and start getting good results towards the end of the season.. Following the derby defeat, Moyes came out saying that the FA cup is the priority now that they look likely to finish in the top half. Toffees are missing the influential Steven Pienaar too. Don't think theres much to be added in relation to Sunderland, we know they are a different team under O'Neill. Sessegnon , Cattermole & Richards are big loses in this side, so I'm definately leaning towards a home win, although I'm pretty sure it will be difficult. Everton have scored a EPL high 68% of their goals in the second half of games :) I will look to bet in play, but my pre-match bet is > Half With Most Goals - Second Half @ 2.10 PP

Injuries & suspensions Everton v Sunderland Everton: Gibson Sunderland: Cattermole, Sessegnon, Westwood, Brown, Bramble My pick: 1
Hi tip74 - can you add some reasoning to your posts please? Lists of injuries/suspensions can be useful, but don't really tell us much on their own. Also, please remember to include bookie and odds with your selection. Thanks. :ok

Everton vs Sunderland Everton -0.5 1.975 Bet365 5/10
- 5 units Though Everton were much better as you would expect from the home side, especially in the second half. Clear trip on Drenthe denied Everton a penalty, Drenthe later hit the bar and O'Shea also handled Jelavic's effort. Though from point blank range, he knew what he was doing there the experienced defender and you cant flap your arms about in those situations. Everton did all the pressing late on and Sunderland held on, with mignolet making a superb double save and got up really well to deny Jelavic from point blank range. Well done sunderland backers, though I still think Everton would have won this tie more than 51% of the time.

- 5 units Though Everton were much better as you would expect from the home side, especially in the second half. Clear trip on Drenthe denied Everton a penalty, Drenthe later hit the bar and O'Shea also handled Jelavic's effort. Though from point blank range, he knew what he was doing there the experienced defender and you cant flap your arms about in those situations. Everton did all the pressing late on and Sunderland held on, with mignolet making a superb double save and got up really well to deny Jelavic from point blank range. Well done sunderland backers, though I still think Everton would have won this tie more than 51% of the time.
Throughout the 2nd half I was having second thoughts about my bet, as Everton were much the better team, even allowing for home advantage. Then again, they didn't create that many clear cut chances, and part of the reason why I judged Everton to be at the same level as Sunderland was their inability to score enough goals, which was evident again today. Jelavic and Drenthe look good signings though and should help them to rectify this to some degree. Everton also find it hard to break down organised sides, which was again an issue today. Difficult to be completely sure where the value was, if at all, today...but still pleased my bet won. The replay should be interesting.

Sunderland +0.5 @ 1.92 :D Tottenham - Bolton under 2.5 @ 2.75
Season record: 129-168 (+3.82) Chelsea - Leicester over 3.5 @ 2.52 pinnacle Chelsea will be coming into this game with plenty of confidence after coming from behind to beat Napoli in the Champions League, and now set their focus on progressing to the semin finals of the FA Cup. Next up is Leicester who have featured in some high scoring games of late, scoring and conceding in 6 of their last 9 Championship games, while 5 of these 9 games have seen at least 4 goals scored in them. They have allowed at least 3 goals in their last 2 away games in the Championship, and given that Chelsea has some players who can exploit poor defending, then can see the Blues scoring some goals. But also like Leicester to score, as Chelsea have allowed goals in 4 of their last 7 EPL games at home. Like Leicester to take it to them, and this be an open game with goals in it Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.34 pinnacle Liverpool will be pretty happy with their efforts after beatign rivals Everton 3-0 midweek, and now look to win this game, on the way to winning a second trophy this year. They have had the wood over Stoke in recent times, and though they drew 0-0 with them at home earlier this year, they dominated that game, they just could put their chances away. Much like against most teams at home this year, the failure to put their chances away has been costly, as they have drawn many games at home. One players who has enjoyed playing Stoke has been Suarez and expect him to cause them problems once again. Stoke have a poor record at Anfield, and doubt that they do well here, as Liverpool will be pretty focused on building on their win over Everton, and looking to reach the semi finals of the FA Cup.

Re: England > FA Cup > March 17/18 Chelsea made 7 changes to the team which faced Napoli: Petr Cech Bosingwa Gary Cahill Branislav Ivanovic Ryan Bertrand Raul Meireles John Mikel Obi Fernando Torres Salomon Kalou Daniel Sturridge Juan Mata