** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Bah - never the winner.

GETT1NLOTS

I can't disguise that this is a bit of a boast (:nana ) but at the same time it can be frustrating always being one of the runners up. Game - 30152 (Laddies) Players - 186 Stake - $30 + $3 Placed - 3rd Prize - $669 :D I win quite a bit on tourneys on Laddies. Mind you I was so lucky tonight. The best win was when I held AK and was short stacked in 17th place (top 20 were in the cash so I was already there). I go all in and the only caller has AA. The flop comes 6, K, K. I win on trips. Poor bastard. (Mind you he went on to win it. :D ) Anyway back to the reason for the thread title. I keep finishing in the top 10 (and mostly the top five when I get to the final twenty) but NEVER hit the winners spot. Coaching on 'heads up' please chaps?

Re: Bah - never the winner. Congrats again GETT1N, you always seem to do well on ladbrokes MTT's mate :clap :clap I wouldn't think the reason you have not won one yet is anything to do with your play....just down to luck really. The people who just CANNOT win a comp like this are the ones who play meekly or just try and survive into the money and I certainly dont think thats your style. If you get heads up and the other guy has less than half your chips then really put the pressure on him preflop (as long as the blinds are large which I assume they would be). And again if you are the one with short chips, take some chances to avoid falling really far behind - if you are going to double up you want to take the lead with it. If you are about even matched then just play your usual solid game - but stay aggressive all the time as heads up this is vital, and use your position well when you have the button (as you can do a lot more stealing heads up against a good player). Jez