Newcastle v Sunderland > 4th March

staffy

Re: Newcastle v Sunderland > 4th March Sunderland look good value at 3.75 (BetVictor) in a big derby game they must stand a decent chance of winning. Newcastle at home this season 7/4/2 Sunderland away this season 4/2/7 http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2012/03/04/england/premier-league/newcastle-united-football-club/sunderland-association-football-club/1117303/ Newcastle's home record is better than Sunderland's away record. If you add up the clubs' respective home and away records, you get 11/6/6, and this would give long odds on Sunderland not far from the odds on offer. But I think you should take into account that it's a local derby and the disparity between Newcastle's home form and Sunderland's away form will probably even itself out. I've noticed things often even out in local derby games meaning you can sometimes find value in backing the away team if they are the outsider. Newcastle beat Sunderland 1-0 at the Stadium of Light in August, and Sunderland will probably be motivated to avenge that. And of course there's the Martin O'Neill factor. Sunderland DNB 2.63 Bet365

Re: Newcastle v Sunderland > 4th March Over 2.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Newcastle have been among the goals in their last 5 home games in the EPL, scoring at least two goals in 4 of these games, with Ba and Cisse up front forming a good partnership. In defence they have allowed goals in 3 of these 5 home games, as their reliable defence at the start of the season, is now giving up goals. Sunderland have hit a snag after an impressive start when O'Neill took over, as they have lost their last two games. Still, they have won 3 of their last 5 road games, but with one clean sheet in them, then their defence is also giving up goals. These two teams have scored in 4 of their last 5 meetings and though Newcastle have a good record against them at home, prefer the over here Season record: 123-151 (+14.43)

Re: Newcastle v Sunderland > 4th March Marginal blip in odds for Newcastle and perhaps there will be a surprise in the lineup. Sunderland imo havnt exactly been playing well, but what O'Neill has done is squeeze extra effort out of every player, chasing the ball making tackles and tracking back. Sunderland were terrible against West Brom last week away from home and conceded 4 on a day they could have conceded more. The goalkeeper Mignolet looks abit dodgy to me and the reserve keeper Westwood is out. Newcastle have also been conceding despite having an early season mean defense. Two against Wolves was most unlike them. Bringing this all together I feel though this can become a tight and cagey game, the managers both play with positive attitutes and will be looking to win this game, giving marginal value in: Newcastle 2.260 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 2.5 Pinnacle 2.040 10/10

Re: Newcastle v Sunderland > 4th March Cattermole to get booked seems a very likely outcome, although odds arent great for a bet like this at 1.74 Betfair, even if it is a massive derby, away from home, with Newcastle's 2 main strikers causing problems. I was considering Tiote too but Cattermole seems a likelier candidate, both of these players are super aggressive and obiviously the derby situation heightens the tensions. There'll be flying tackles a plenty.

Re: Newcastle v Sunderland > 4th March

Marginal blip in odds for Newcastle and perhaps there will be a surprise in the lineup. Sunderland imo havnt exactly been playing well, but what O'Neill has done is squeeze extra effort out of every player, chasing the ball making tackles and tracking back. Sunderland were terrible against West Brom last week away from home and conceded 4 on a day they could have conceded more. The goalkeeper Mignolet looks abit dodgy to me and the reserve keeper Westwood is out. Newcastle have also been conceding despite having an early season mean defense. Two against Wolves was most unlike them. Bringing this all together I feel though this can become a tight and cagey game, the managers both play with positive attitutes and will be looking to win this game, giving marginal value in: Newcastle 2.260 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 2.5 Pinnacle 2.040 10/10
Fine magins indeed with the missed penalty costing me 43 units.

Over 2.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Newcastle have been among the goals in their last 5 home games in the EPL, scoring at least two goals in 4 of these games, with Ba and Cisse up front forming a good partnership. In defence they have allowed goals in 3 of these 5 home games, as their reliable defence at the start of the season, is now giving up goals. Sunderland have hit a snag after an impressive start when O'Neill took over, as they have lost their last two games. Still, they have won 3 of their last 5 road games, but with one clean sheet in them, then their defence is also giving up goals. These two teams have scored in 4 of their last 5 meetings and though Newcastle have a good record against them at home, prefer the over here
:( Season record: 123-152 (+13.43)

Sunderland look good value at 3.75 (BetVictor) in a big derby game they must stand a decent chance of winning. Newcastle at home this season 7/4/2 Sunderland away this season 4/2/7 http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2012/03/04/england/premier-league/newcastle-united-football-club/sunderland-association-football-club/1117303/ Newcastle's home record is better than Sunderland's away record. If you add up the clubs' respective home and away records, you get 11/6/6, and this would give long odds on Sunderland not far from the odds on offer. But I think you should take into account that it's a local derby and the disparity between Newcastle's home form and Sunderland's away form will probably even itself out. I've noticed things often even out in local derby games meaning you can sometimes find value in backing the away team if they are the outsider. Newcastle beat Sunderland 1-0 at the Stadium of Light in August, and Sunderland will probably be motivated to avenge that. And of course there's the Martin O'Neill factor. Sunderland DNB 2.63 Bet365
Result: Newcastle 1 Sunderland 1 Bet void (stake returned) I didn't see the game, but from what I heard it was very very competitive and perhaps a draw was a fair result. The Sunderland DNB bet didn't win, but I'm happy that the value seems to have been with Sunderland at longish odds. BBC report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17175791

Well the spread is 12-15 so a buy at 15 with Sporting Index.....Pens have been scored in the last 3 Mags/ Mackem games at ST JAMES PARK...all scored by the Toon... GL if you follow :ok
Excellent call clarky ... 'Penalty scored' obviously lost. Is it possible to back 'Penalty awarded' anywhere?

Excellent call clarky ... 'Penalty scored' obviously lost. Is it possible to back 'Penalty awarded' anywhere?
Small profit of 9 pts on the game as the pen was scored in the 24th min....now if Ba's had gone in in the 82nd happy days, but alas not....Sporting Index do a penalty performance spread 25pts scored, 10pts saved (GK must touch ball), 0pts missed including hitting the woodwork....

Re: Newcastle v Sunderland > 4th March Just seen that Betfair offer a market 'Penalty Awarded' which must pay out even if the penalty is missed. Penalties and red cards seem to happen more often in fiery local derbies (like Newcastle v Sunderland and Roma v Lazio yesterday). Worth keeping in mind I think.