West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March

staffy

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March Quite like BTTS here. West Brom have found their scoring boots of late, hitting 5 past Wolves followed by 4 against Sunderland last week. Odemwinge is in fine form, having notched 5 of those 9 goals. Chelsea continue to miss Terry at the back, the defending against Napoli was laughable at times. They did manage to keep a clean sheet at home to Bolton last weekend, but I think that says more about Bolton's shortcomings than anything. That was Chelsea's first clean sheet since Terry's latest absence began at the end of January. Boswinga is more than likely missing as well which reduces their defensive options further. I had hoped that West Brom to score would be backable on it's own, but it is a best priced 1.57 with Boylesports. So I think that the 1.95 on BTTS with William Hill (1.72 - 1.83 elsewhere) offers enough to look for Chelsea to score as well. Will wait for team news after the internationals.

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March Is Drogba out? I hear he has a knee complaint and pulled out of Ivory Coast's midweek friendly, but that could be a typical smokescreen from a big club protecting their players in this hectic part of the season. West Brom are on fire recently, dont know where this form has come from. Gotta say Woy Hodgson knows how to make a lower side competitive in this league. This one isnt priced much differently from when Chelsea went to Swansea and I was very confident Swansea would get a result, bit less confident in this one as WBA can be inconsistent at the best of times, but my thoughts right now are that they may get a point in this match. Again, team news is crucial later in the week.

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March WBA have impressed me in their recent two games. Scoring 5 goals away against Wolves and 4 at home against Sunderland who haven't lost by more than 1 goal in the entire season is a good achievement and I can see them scoring against Chelsea and maybe even more than once. Chelsea have been inconsistent recently and without Terry have conceded plenty of goals. Clean sheet against Bolton is mostly due to Bolton's poor attack rather than Chelsea's strong defense. However, Chelsea have a good attack and I believe they will be able to score against WBA especially taking into account that they have won last 10 games against them. However,since Chelsea are inconsistent I am not so confident backing them to win this one, but I can see this game producing many goals. Head to head stats show that 7 of the last 10 games between these sides produced 3 or more goals. Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 (4 units) ​Bet365

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March Despite Chelsea winning there last match 3-0 at home to Bolton I still have massive doubts over the ability of a Chelsea side to pick up wins. There are clearly problems within the squad with Luiz coming out the other day complaining at senior players at the club. AVB tactics simply aren't the best for the type of players Chelsea have, there high defensive line exposes the lack of pace they have in defence and has seen this cost them on countless occasions this season. With the pace that Odemwingie has I can see him causing them problems especially in the great form he is in at the moment, scoring five goals in his last two appearances. Chelsea have players capable of scoring goals in Drogba, Mata, Lampard and Sturridge if he recovers from a knock picked up in midweek. WBA have kept four clean sheets at home this season but have a poor home record overall this season picking up just eleven points. They did however record an impressive win last time out at home beating Sunderland 4-0. This was off of the fantastic performance the previous week beating Wolves 5-1 at Molineux. Chelsea have only won once in the last five matches which was last time out against a poor Bolton side. I'm going with BTTS at 1.70 William Hill

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March Chelsea were so much better against Bolton last week. Surely ABV will start with the same team if possible. Lampard and Drogba are still Chelsea's best options in their respective positions, and Michael Essien gets stronger every week. West Brom will present more of a threat then Bolton did, so BTTS looks like a fair bet. I prefer Over 2.5, 1.97@ Bet365 (was 2.1 at William Hill earlier in the week). There have been 19 goals in the last 5 games at the Hawthorns, with only Sunderland failing to score there.

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March

• The Baggies (WB) have won their last two Premier League games - they have not registered three consecutive Premier League victories since August-September 2002 when they secured a trio of 1-0 wins against Fulham, West Ham and Southampton.
  • West Brom have not beaten Chelsea in their last 17 league games (D1, L16) - their last win was a 1-0 victory at The Hawthorns in March 1979.
  • I'll go for X2

Gook luck too all ;);)

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March [h=2]TEAM NEWS[/h] Winger Jerome Thomas is a doubt for West Brom after suffering a hamstring injury against Sunderland. Chris Brunt may be available after two months out with a foot injury, and Paul Scharner is back in training following a rib problem. Chelsea expect Didier Drogba to shake off the knee problem that kept him out of international duty this week. Daniel Sturridge, who bruised his toe playing for England, is expected to be fit, but Jose Bosingwa is a doubt.

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March Again, abit late this week into the predictions, so I wont repeat the things said on here too much. Agree with the general idea of overs. West brom looks to have found their home form and have smashed in goals in the past two games. Odemwingie is on fire and having just won player of the month should be looking to add to his tally. Despite Chelsea's mini-revival against Bolton, the manager and players were still under the spotlight this week and will unsettle the squad. Sturridge will be the biggest miss should his injury make him miss the game. Brunt is a major boost should he be involved. Chelsea have looked vulnerable this season and are abit of a mess. they need to be tightened up and theres been alot of slack defending. I smell goals. Over 2.5 2.010 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 3.480 effective exchanges 5/10 Wbrom +0.5 (1x 4.330 3.540 respectively) 1.945 effective 10/10

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March agree could see this ending as a draw. May even be worth WBA or draw with small odds with chelsea being inconsistant with the problems goin on and WBA finding some form. Chelsea have beaten them summat like 15 games in a row but that doesnt count for anything coz who can argue that chelsea have been very dissapointing this season compared to last few years

Re: West Brom v Chelsea > 3rd March Chelsea @ 2.02 pinnacle West Brom's home form has been ordinary as they have lost 5 of their last 7 home games, and though they have won their last 2 games, and scored 9 goals, they face another side who has plenty of pressure facing the manager. Still, Chelsea do have the quality that West Brom do not have, and having won their last 5 trips to West Brom, like them to continue to do well there. Season record: 123-143 (+22.43)

Again, abit late this week into the predictions, so I wont repeat the things said on here too much. Agree with the general idea of overs. West brom looks to have found their home form and have smashed in goals in the past two games. Odemwingie is on fire and having just won player of the month should be looking to add to his tally. Despite Chelsea's mini-revival against Bolton, the manager and players were still under the spotlight this week and will unsettle the squad. Sturridge will be the biggest miss should his injury make him miss the game. Brunt is a major boost should he be involved. Chelsea have looked vulnerable this season and are abit of a mess. they need to be tightened up and theres been alot of slack defending. I smell goals. Over 2.5 2.010 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 3.480 effective exchanges 5/10 Wbrom +0.5 (1x 4.330 3.540 respectively) 1.945 effective 10/10
-5.5uish

Chelsea @ 2.02 pinnacle West Brom's home form has been ordinary as they have lost 5 of their last 7 home games, and though they have won their last 2 games, and scored 9 goals, they face another side who has plenty of pressure facing the manager. Still, Chelsea do have the quality that West Brom do not have, and having won their last 5 trips to West Brom, like them to continue to do well there.
:( Season record: 123-150 (+15.43)