Blackburn v Villa > 3rd March

staffy

Re: Blackburn v Villa > 3rd March Interesting game here. Defeat for Villa would really up the pressure on McLeish. Villa were 2nd best by all accounts against Wigan last week. They had improved since the new year with Robbie Keane helping link up the play and Stephen Ireland & Charles N'Zogbia starting to show some form. However both Ireland & N'Zogbia seem to be out of favour again, Keane is gone, and Bent is now out for a few months. Agbonlahor came out this week and said that they want the season to be over. A bizarre statement in February, with a 3rd of the season to play. If this game was a month ago, I would strongly fancy BTTS, but don't think I can trust Villa with their absentees, despite Blackburn's leaky defence. Especially at the price. At a push I would be looking at Blackburn DNB, but think I will end up leaving it alone. Blackburn were mugged at home to Newcastle earlier in the month, and on that form I would have this bet. But they have since been battered by Arsenal & City, and despite beating QPR 3-2 at home in between, from reports they were 2nd best in that game as well (QPR had 25 goal attempts V 7 for Blackburn).

Re: Blackburn v Villa > 3rd March

Interesting game here. Defeat for Villa would really up the pressure on McLeish. Villa were 2nd best by all accounts against Wigan last week. They had improved since the new year with Robbie Keane helping link up the play and Stephen Ireland & Charles N'Zogbia starting to show some form. However both Ireland & N'Zogbia seem to be out of favour again, Keane is gone, and Bent is now out for a few months. Agbonlahor came out this week and said that they want the season to be over. A bizarre statement in February, with a 3rd of the season to play. If this game was a month ago, I would strongly fancy BTTS, but don't think I can trust Villa with their absentees, despite Blackburn's leaky defence. Especially at the price. At a push I would be looking at Blackburn DNB, but think I will end up leaving it alone. Blackburn were mugged at home to Newcastle earlier in the month, and on that form I would have this bet. But they have since been battered by Arsenal & City, and despite beating QPR 3-2 at home in between, from reports they were 2nd best in that game as well (QPR had 25 goal attempts V 7 for Blackburn).
Impression I got (from Teamtalk/ESPN reports) was that QPR played well second half, but mainly due to Blackburn, perhaps understandably, switching off. Impression I got of the Villa match was that Wigan had the possession, Villa had the chances. Blackburn are a much more clinical side than Wigan, and I'd expect them to find the net. Still think Villa have a good threat in the likes of Ireland, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Agbonlahor, so goals'll be what I'm looking at.

Impression I got (from Teamtalk/ESPN reports) was that QPR played well second half, but mainly due to Blackburn, perhaps understandably, switching off. Impression I got of the Villa match was that Wigan had the possession, Villa had the chances. Blackburn are a much more clinical side than Wigan, and I'd expect them to find the net. Still think Villa have a good threat in the likes of Ireland, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Agbonlahor, so goals'll be what I'm looking at.
Re; Blackburn v QPR, the impression I got was that QPR made much of the running in the first half as well, although as you say they did obviously come on strong second half. In the first half, Blackburn had 6 attempts, scoring with their only 2 on target (the 3rd was an OG). While QPR had 11 first half attempts. Of course this doesn't mean they were battered, but when I compare it to their previous home performance against Newcastle, where they could easily of had 5-6 goals, then it is dissapointing imo. Obviously the flow of the games were different, leading one for most of the game, while chasing the other, but it is enough to make me doubt backing them DNB. Re; Wigan v Villa, Wigan had 18 goal attempts to Villa's 10. . Admittedly Wigan only had 2 attempts on target, but Villa only had 3. Wigan also had 14 corners to Villa's 7. Villa's defence made 43 clearances, to Wigan's 16. They had 60.7% possession, and 54.8% territory. I suppose this was just a performance from Villa that dissappointed me, as I expected them to be able to provide more of a goal threat than 3 attempts on target in 90 mins. When you then take Keane and Bent out of that Villa team, then it puts enough doubt in my mind not to trust them to score, even against a dodgey Blackburn defence. This is especially the case as I think that the average punter thinks goals when Blackburn play, and so the bookies are pricing shorter accordingly. Not saying Villa won't score, but as I say there are enough signs for me not to trust them at the prices.

Re: Blackburn v Villa > 3rd March I am going for goals, 1.91 with Coral for over 2.5. I have taken Kiddo's well argued posts into account, but my personal opinion is that Villa still have enough to score a couple here. Ireland, Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia are all dangerous players given half a chance, and Mc Leish is under pressure; the Villa fans will only be happy with three points here. Despite him being a defensive manager, they have been 7/13 over 2.5 on the road, including some high scoring games away to a couple of similar teams to Blackburn...2-3 at Wolves, 1-2 at Bolton. Samba is gone and at the other end none of Dunne, Collins or Cuellar fill me with confidence, although I know the former two can be excellent defenders on their day, they have looked dodgy to me this season and up against an inform Yakubu and an attacking Blackburn side I fancy the hosts to score at least one as well.

Re: Blackburn v Villa > 3rd March Not going to repeat whats already said on here. Villa had a really hollow performance against Wigan last week and really both teams never really created enough chances to really score a couple. It would be a miracle if every team took every chance they take and without Bent and Keane, I dont see Villa scoring here. Blackburn's defense is stronger than Wigan's imo and the few chances created against Wigan were by Keane and Bent. There are strong planned protests before the game. Though I think Kean and Blackburn should be used to that by now:lol. With the Yak around, he fills me with enough confidence for: Blackburn -0.5 Pinnacle 10/10 2.470 Blackburn-0.75 Pinnacle 4/10 3.000

Re: Blackburn v Villa > 3rd March Had the overs on my list aswell but I think I'm gonna sidestep it tbh. Something about McLeish annoys me, he's too bloody defensive in my eyes and I dont think he's getting enough out of that Villa squad at all, league table tells all and they should not be down where they are. Prices look fair so not gonna get involved, actually quite a tough card this week I think, nothing is standing out to me.

Re: Blackburn v Villa > 3rd March Over 3.5 @ 3.16 centrebet Blackburn have scored and conceded in 9 of their last 11 games, as they have allowed at least two goals in 8 of these games but have scored 3 goals in 2 of their last 3 home games, so they do tend to feature in some high scoring games. Aston Villa have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 6 games, and their defence too has been exposed, allowing at least two goals in 3 of their last 5 games, as well as in 2 of their last 3 away games. Neither defence is playing well and with both sets of teams having some decent strikers, would not be surprised that goals are scored here. Season record: 123-143 (+22.43)

Not going to repeat whats already said on here. Villa had a really hollow performance against Wigan last week and really both teams never really created enough chances to really score a couple. It would be a miracle if every team took every chance they take and without Bent and Keane, I dont see Villa scoring here. Blackburn's defense is stronger than Wigan's imo and the few chances created against Wigan were by Keane and Bent. There are strong planned protests before the game. Though I think Kean and Blackburn should be used to that by now:lol. With the Yak around, he fills me with enough confidence for: Blackburn -0.5 Pinnacle 10/10 2.470 Blackburn-0.75 Pinnacle 4/10 3.000
-14u

Over 3.5 @ 3.16 centrebet Blackburn have scored and conceded in 9 of their last 11 games, as they have allowed at least two goals in 8 of these games but have scored 3 goals in 2 of their last 3 home games, so they do tend to feature in some high scoring games. Aston Villa have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 6 games, and their defence too has been exposed, allowing at least two goals in 3 of their last 5 games, as well as in 2 of their last 3 away games. Neither defence is playing well and with both sets of teams having some decent strikers, would not be surprised that goals are scored here.
:( Enough chances there for a couple of more goals to be scored Season record: 123-145 (+20.43)