West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb

staffy

Re: West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb Prediction: Sunderland +0.25 AH 1.94 @ Ladbrokes. West Brom have only won 2 in 12 fixtures at home all season (v Bolton and Wolves), they currently have 1 point from their last four home games and have scored less than any other team at home. Sunderland meanwhile have won 3 of their last 4 away and currently lie second in the form table. They have a better GD (+1) away from home than West Brom have at home (-5). I expect Sunderland will get at least a draw. Check closer to the time, but Vaughan, Cattermole, Bendter and Bramble may all be available for Sunderland for this game after their various injuries.

Re: West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb Since Martin O'Neill joined Sunderland their away record is W5 D0 L2, their two losses coming at Chelsea and Spurs (both 1-0). West Brom have lost 5 of their last 6 home games in the Premiership. I don't see any reason why this trend should change, so Sunderland to win @ 3.1 at Betfair looks value to me.

Re: West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb Sunderland @ 3.11 pinnacle With two wins and a draw in their last 3 away games, West Brom's best form has been on the road, while at home they have drawn one and lost the other 5 of their last 6 home games. Sunderland on the other hand have been doing well, having won 5 of their last 7 games, which includes winning 3 of their last 4 away games. These wins have included beating both QPR and Wigan who are of similar ability to West Brom. Sunderland have been very good at the back, and though they lost 2-1 at home to Arsenal, they had clean sheets in the previous 3 games. With West Brom having scored just 9 goals in their home games this season, they will find it difficult to score on this Sunderland defence, while like Sunderland's forwards, who have scored in 6 of their last 7 games, to score on this West Brom defence. Season record: 118-136 (+23.98)

Re: West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb As others have pointed out Sunderland have been in fantastic form since O'Neil took over, they have won three of threre last four away games. WBA have been awful at home this season, with a record of 2-2-8 scoring just nine goals and conceding sixteen. They have failed to win at home in there last six matches and against a in form Sunderland side with players like McClean, Sessegnon and Larsson in great form I can see them causing WBA all sorts of problems especially on the counter attack which they are so dangerous from, due to there quick attacking players. Sunderland 2.9 William Hill

Re: West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb I don't expect it to be an easy win but there is definiitely value in a Sunderland win this afternoon as seems to be the general concensus. The Black cats are one of the in-form sides at the moment, especially on their travels whereas West Brom have been poor at home. Not much more to add that hasn't already been said so fingers crossed Sunderland do the business for us all today :hope Sunderland 3.2 @ VCBet

Re: West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb Red Card 7.8 @ Betfair Referee is Chris Foy. Foy has been more restrained in the last few games in which he has officiated, but he is known to be trigger happy with his cards, producing at least one in 30% of his last 30 matches. At one stage he produced 9 reds in a 10 game spell last year! Caveat. I only noticed this just before kick-off, and haven't had time to include Sunderland and West Broms discipilinary record, which I assume is average, but 7.8 looks like decent value here.

Re: West Brom v Sunderland > Sat 25th Feb

Sunderland @ 3.11 pinnacle With two wins and a draw in their last 3 away games, West Brom's best form has been on the road, while at home they have drawn one and lost the other 5 of their last 6 home games. Sunderland on the other hand have been doing well, having won 5 of their last 7 games, which includes winning 3 of their last 4 away games. These wins have included beating both QPR and Wigan who are of similar ability to West Brom. Sunderland have been very good at the back, and though they lost 2-1 at home to Arsenal, they had clean sheets in the previous 3 games. With West Brom having scored just 9 goals in their home games this season, they will find it difficult to score on this Sunderland defence, while like Sunderland's forwards, who have scored in 6 of their last 7 games, to score on this West Brom defence.
:eyes Season record: 119-139 (+21.78)