Newcastle v Wolves > Sat 25th Feb

staffy

Re: Newcastle v Fulam > Sat 25th Feb Prediction: Newcastle win 1.66 @ stanjames A good price available after their stuffing from Spurs. Newcastle still lie 5th in the form table and are challenging for a top 4 spot, so they still on to finish the season strong. 36 out the 42 points Newcastle have earned has come at the expense of playing teams outside the top 6 (they've only earned 6 points in 8 games v Top 6 opponents). They've won 3 in a row at home v Aston Villa, QPR and Man U. They have also won 7 out of 7 at home after going 1-0 up. Tiote should be back playing, Ryan Taylor might also be available (you'd have to check closer to the time). Stephen Taylor and Sammy Ameobi have long term injuries. Wolves have been decent on the road, not losing in the last 4. However they've only kept one clean sheet away from home all season and have conceded 2 or more in half those games. The fixture between these two earlier on in the season finished 2-1 to Newcastle at the Molineux.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Newcastle v Fulam > Sat 25th Feb

Those Fulam reminds me off a club in London called Fulham. Properly another chinese copy version.. Tsk Tsk ;) Newcastle - Wolves i presume :)
Ive read this 5 times but can still make to sense of it! Im intrigued! perhaps you can enlighten me? It will be interesting to see how Terry Connor brings out of these players. The sacking of Mick was very harsh and is really sad to see. Though its the truth in modern football. The premier league is money and sometimes it is the only option the board feels is right. I dont... and its great to see all those managers Wolves drafted as a shortlist all reject the job rather than fighting over it like the board perhaps expected. All of this is just a big fiasco imo to give them abit of attention. Im sure wolves fans will also have mixed opinions over this. No doubt McCarthy has done alot at the club but also the fans will be tired to see their club lose all the time. Great expectations? I want Terry Connor to do well. However as a punter I have to keep my personal "non working" views aside. I think Wolves will struggle here. The Dembas look really sharp and full of goalscoring quality. I'd expect them to pop at least 2 goals in 90 minutes. Newcastle -0.75 1.805 Pinnacle 10/10

Re: Newcastle v Fulam > Sat 25th Feb Over 2.5 @ 1.80 pinnacle With Tiote and Cabaye back, Newcastle should be much stronger in midfield to support Ba and Cisse up front with some service. Newcastle have scored at least twice in 3 of their last 4 EPL games at home, and with the Wolves defence conceding at least three goals in 3 of their last 4 games, even with a new manager, there is not enough time to fix this problem. Where they have done reasonably well as been up front, as they have scored in 9 of their last 10 EPL games, so goals are being scored, and with Newcastle having conceded in 3 of their last 5 games, then like their chances of scoring here. Both teams have scored in their last 3 meetings, and like them to do so again, and with Newcastle aiming for a top spot, then like their chances to score another one to send it over Season record: 118-136 (+23.98)

Re: Newcastle v Wolves > Sat 25th Feb Have to agree with the above post. Newcastle have won all four games at home this year, scoring 8 goals in the process.. They will look to redeem themselves in front of the fans for the 5:0 trashing at Spurs in the last league game. Wolves are starring at the relegation and find themselves in all sorts of trouble. Honestly can't remember the last time they kept a clean sheet in the league. If Wolves are to get anything from here, they will have to outscore they're oponnents. OVER 2.5 @ 1.70

Re: Newcastle v Wolves > Sat 25th Feb

Home banker gents....
:welcome to PL the_stumpster Please take a minute to have a read of the rules here: http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/41369-Punters-Lounge-House-Rules. Some reasoning with your pick is required, and also you need to post the odds and the bookie you're betting with. :ok

Re: Newcastle v Wolves > Sat 25th Feb I'm actually thinking that Newcastle are starting to come down to planet earth a little. They've been playing way above themselves in reality and now the slide is beginning to happen. My >ratings don't have Newcastle too far ahead, certainly not putting the Geordies @ 1.57 Paddys and as low as 1.49 10Bet! Wolves are fighting their lives, I'd be very careful before lumping on Newcastle.

I'm actually thinking that Newcastle are starting to come down to planet earth a little. They've been playing way above themselves in reality and now the slide is beginning to happen. My >ratings don't have Newcastle too far ahead, certainly not putting the Geordies @ 1.57 Paddys and as low as 1.49 10Bet! Wolves are fighting their lives, I'd be very careful before lumping on Newcastle.
Agreed. This one looks a little too obvious. Wolves have actually been very good their last four away's, drawing at Bolton, Spurs, somebody else :lol and winning at QPR. Maybe their new manager will be the ''next Mourinho'' :unsure

Have to agree with the above post. Newcastle have won all four games at home this year, scoring 8 goals in the process.. They will look to redeem themselves in front of the fans for the 5:0 trashing at Spurs in the last league game. Wolves are starring at the relegation and find themselves in all sorts of trouble. Honestly can't remember the last time they kept a clean sheet in the league. If Wolves are to get anything from here, they will have to outscore they're oponnents. OVER 2.5 @ 1.70
Came through easy enough, exactly what I expected from the game :nana

Ive read this 5 times but can still make to sense of it! Im intrigued! perhaps you can enlighten me? It will be interesting to see how Terry Connor brings out of these players. The sacking of Mick was very harsh and is really sad to see. Though its the truth in modern football. The premier league is money and sometimes it is the only option the board feels is right. I dont... and its great to see all those managers Wolves drafted as a shortlist all reject the job rather than fighting over it like the board perhaps expected. All of this is just a big fiasco imo to give them abit of attention. Im sure wolves fans will also have mixed opinions over this. No doubt McCarthy has done alot at the club but also the fans will be tired to see their club lose all the time. Great expectations? I want Terry Connor to do well. However as a punter I have to keep my personal "non working" views aside. I think Wolves will struggle here. The Dembas look really sharp and full of goalscoring quality. I'd expect them to pop at least 2 goals in 90 minutes. Newcastle -0.75 1.805 Pinnacle 10/10
Credit wolves for their comeback! Though still a little annoyed at Newcastle giving away a 2 goal lead.

Over 2.5 @ 1.80 pinnacle With Tiote and Cabaye back, Newcastle should be much stronger in midfield to support Ba and Cisse up front with some service. Newcastle have scored at least twice in 3 of their last 4 EPL games at home, and with the Wolves defence conceding at least three goals in 3 of their last 4 games, even with a new manager, there is not enough time to fix this problem. Where they have done reasonably well as been up front, as they have scored in 9 of their last 10 EPL games, so goals are being scored, and with Newcastle having conceded in 3 of their last 5 games, then like their chances of scoring here. Both teams have scored in their last 3 meetings, and like them to do so again, and with Newcastle aiming for a top spot, then like their chances to score another one to send it over
:) Season record: 119-137 (+23.78)