European Tour 2012: Dubai Desert Classic

kevshat

Re: European Tour 2012: Dubai Desert Classic [TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Golf [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Omega Dubai Desert Classic [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Robert Rock (Each-way) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]2/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]09/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Totesport @ 51.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Rock will be full of confidence after claiming his 2nd European Tour title in Abu Dhabi last week, and i feel odds of 50/1 underestimates his chances again this week, i was thinking 33/1 at the very most. He is hitting the ball brilliantly off the tee, and the putter is very hot, a recipe for success. He already has 3 Top 10's in 2012 with 1 victory. Last year in the corresponding event, he finished a very respectable 20th, and looks an even better player this year. He kept Tiger Woods at bay last week, i think it would be foolish to think he couldn't win again this weekend. At 50/1 he is worth an each-way bet. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Golf [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Omega Dubai Desert Classic [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Peter Uihlein (Each-way) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]2/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]09/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Skybet @ 301.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]A complete stab in the dark, but i like to side with a couple of the very young players, and this 22 year old American has potential. In the Open Championship last year he caught my eye as one for the future when he was well up the leaderboard after Round 2 after 2 rounds of 71 on an extremely tough course. He finished up in 48th, and i put him into my notebook as one to watch out for after that. This is only his 2nd European Tour event , he has won on the Challenge Tour, and if he can build on his very impressive Open Championship, he might surprise a few and finish somewhere in the Top 10. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Golf [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Omega Dubai Desert Classic [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Kenneth Ferrie (Each-way) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]1/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]09/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Bet365 @ 401.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Too big a price for a 3-time winner on the European Tour. He won the Austrian Open in 2011, finished 8th at Gleneagles, in 2010 he finished 3rd in the BMW International Open, if he is on a going day 400/1 will look a ridiculous price, but to be fair he has had some awful rounds and has not played great for a while now. He finished 30th in the Volvo Golf Champions at the start of this year, would have been higher up only for 1 shocking round of 80 on Round 3, so he seems to be playing ok and is worth a crack at the price. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: European Tour 2012: Dubai Desert Classic 0.5 pt ew Anders Hansen @ 25/1 Bet 365 Anders record around here is solid with 2 top 5 finishes and he looks to be picking up form coming into this. Shot a strong closing round in Qatar last week to secure 12th, which followed up a 14th placed finish in Abu Dhabi. Finished 2nd here last year, and has to be respected. 0.375 pt ew Peter Hanson @ 20/1 Bet 365 Peter Hanson is another who has a decent record here, finishing 9th last year and 6th back in 07. Showed he was coming back to something like his best last week when finishing 2nd, shooting 3 very solid rounds on only his 2nd start this year. 0.5 pt win Martin Kaymer @ 9/1 Lads Was extremely dissapointed with Kaymer in Abu Dhabi considering his record at the course. However, was hitting the ball better last week and his record here is excellent, reading 2-4-4-31. If he does find his game, he is more than worthy of a saver at 9/1. 0.375 pt ew Robert Rock @ 50/1 Stan James Robert has started this year in blistering form, with 1 win, 1 top 10 and 1 top 20 in his only 3 events. Beat a high class field in Abu Dhabi and will be advantaged by the week off last week. Showed he can do it at Abu Dhabi, and has a decent record here finishing 20th both of his 2 recent starts. 50/1 is far too big for the englishman. All 1/4 odds, 5 places.

Re: European Tour 2012: Dubai Desert Classic Good luck all :ok Thomas Bjorn – 2pts win @ 30.00 Betfair Rather like Paul Lawrie, Bjorn has been playing the best golf of his career in the last year. A three time winner in 2011, to go with a victory in Portugal in 2010, has set Bjorn’s sights firmly on the Ryder Cup,Bjorn used to look like a man who wobbled under pressure but now he seems to thrive in the heat of competition. He has had a decent start to the year, 3rd in Abu Dhabi he then finished 25th inQatar despite opening with a 79, he played the final two rounds in -11 to send him to Dubai in good spirits. A former winner of this tournament back in 2001, the Dane can build on his fantastic 2011 and get his first win of this year on a course he clearlylikes. Alex Noren – 1pt e/w @ 66/1 Bet365 Noren is another player who had a superb 2011, winning twice at the Nordea Masters and the Wales Open. Had a slow start to the year in Abu Dhabi where he never really got going and although he made the cut he finishedwell down the field. Since then he skipped Qatar favouring practise in the Middle East so he should be ready to go here. He withdrew from this tournament last year but prior to that had some encouraging finishes, 27th in 2010and 22nd in 2009. If you look at the courses where Noren won last year, then Dubai fits the bill as a setup that should suit his game, fairly long, plenty of water, generous greens but a tough test. Simon Dyson – 1pt e/w @ 50/1 StanJames I’m a big fan of Dyson and not just because he’s a fellow Yorkie, he’ll have the Ryder Cup very firmly on his radar this year and will be desperate to get some early points on board. Another player who had a double win in 2011, winning the Irish Open and the KLM Dutch Open, he can win big tournaments and has become one of the tours most consistent performers. T17th in Abu Dhabi he then skipped Qatar to be fresh for the challenge in Dubai. His course form is solid 28th(2011) 56th (2010) 32 (2009) 25th (2008) and 7th (2007), never in the money but always making the cut, last year was the best of Dyson’s career and to me he isa player on an upward curve and worth backing at a decent price. Soren Hansen – 1pt e/w @ 90/1 Bet365 Continuing the Scandinavian theme this week, like his fellow Dane Thomas Bjorn, Hansen comes into this tournament with some good vibes after finishing 5th in Qatar. The former RyderCup player is twice a winner on tour but that’s probably an under achievement for such a fine ball striker. Hansen has some decent course form here, he finished 20th in 2010 and 6th in 2008 sohe knows how to score well at the Emirates GC. Hopefully his final round 66 will propel him to further success this week.

Re: European Tour 2012: Dubai Desert Classic Good luck all :ok James Kingston @ 120 Betfair There's a trend that sees 6 of the past 7 winners of this event having a Top 10 finish in their previous participation. With a 2nd placed finish in last year's edition, Kingston ticks this box. Furthermore, he has shown some strong form in Dubai the past 2 weeks. He was in contention 2 weeks ago before having a bad Sunday round and last week was at the top of the leaderboard mid way through the 2nd round, before faltering away. I'd have had him as the same price as Gonnet. Fredrik Anderson Hed @ 320 Betfair Who doesn't want a bit of Hed now and then? For the last couple of years the Swede has seemingly popped up out of nowhere to challenge for the win and at these odds why not here? He hasn't started the season great but he had a couple of solid finishes at the end of the year that could suggest his form isn't too far away. 7th last year in this event. (6 of past 7 winners of this event had finished Top 10 in their prior participation)

Re: European Tour 2012: Dubai Desert Classic I haven't seen it mentioned, so for the benefit of anyone unaware, Bodog are offering 6 places on all US and Euro Tour events! I'm not mentioning it as an advert for them but it could make the difference between profit and loss some weeks! Obviously they won't be best odds for everyone and many may not have an account with them, but I got best odds with them on 2 of the 6 golfers ive backed over the 2 tours this weekend. Thought i'd mention it as i've had a 3 figure golfer finish 6th a couple of times and its a right kick in the bollox! Also helps with any ties. Best of Luck all!