Tennis: 6th February to 12th February

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Nothing like a bit of Davis Cup involvement before uni I always say. Taken a ton from this card so bear with me and just endure the boredom ;) Juan Monaco (-5.5 games) to beat Philipp Petzschner- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) Not entirely sure why Germany have picked to play this tie on clay but it definitely suits Monaco a whole lot more than it does Petzschner. The Argentinian is coming fresh off winning a clay tournament over in Chile, where be beat the likes of Chardy, Montanes, Andreev and Berlocq all relatively easily so he should be more adept to the conditions from the start. He's the better clay courter out of the two by a country mile anyways, with Petzschner losing to the likes of Darcis, Ilhan and Cipolla on the clay courts last season. Monaco still can't cope with playing the top guys on the clay, but outside of the top 12 or so in the world, he usually manages to beat fairly comfortably and I expect him to beat the German in his own back yard here. Andreas Haider-Maurer vs Alex Bogomolov Jr- Over 36.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (5/10) Was close to backing the Austrian for the win here but instead I'm going for the overs. Bogomolov has started the season in well, erratic form shall we say. Decent wins over Haase and Troicki at the start of the season but since then he choked at the Aussie Open in the fifth set against Llodra before an interesting scoreline against Lacko in Zagreb. He is the better play of the two with a better all round game but Haider-Maurer with his decent serve has the ability to frustrate him here. The Russian should definitely be up for this more than he was in Zagreb I'd imagine but I'd be surprised given his recent performances, if he won comfortably, if at all. The Austrian has home advantage and that could be a big thing here, but either way, I'd expect at least 4 sets in this one minimum and that could well be enough to see the overs through. Stanislas Wawrinka (-4.5 games) to beat Mardy Fish- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) With Atko on this one and I'd fancy Wawrinka to win this with a bit to spare in the end. As been mentioned, the American has won both games between these two in the past but on the hard courts which is where Fish gets his best results. On clay, the conditions suit Stan a lot more and he'll really fancy his chances of recording a decent win here. Very often in clay tournaments, you'll only see him getting beaten by guys in the top 10/15 on clay which Fish certainly doesn't come into. His serve isn't as effective with the slower conditions and you'd expect Wawrinka to have the edge over his opponent for the majority of the rallies and in the end, I'd expect Stan the man to prevail pretty comfortably. Juan Carlos Ferrero (-5.5 games) to beat Mikhail Kukushkin- 8/11 Bet365- (4/10) Would be very surprised to see the Spaniard not cover this handicap here despite not playing much this season. That's the only reason for the moderate stakes on him but even so, on clay, it should get him right back into the swing of things over a guy who hasn't played since retiring against Murray in Melbourne. Ferrero seemed to be getting back to a really decent standard of tennis last season with many a good run both on the clay and the hard courts, beating the likes of Monfils, Youzhny and Verdasco throughout the season. Kukushkin played superbly well at the Aussie Open to reach the fourth round, providing upsets in the 3 rounds before that but on clay, feel he may struggle a touch today. He really didn't show anything of note on this surface last season, losing to a couple of guys ranked outside the top 100. Ferrero is still a class player, especially on the clay and without the likes of Ferrer and Nadal for Spain this year, it leaves room for the likes of Ferrero to really step up and that's what I think he'll do in front of the home crowd today. Janko Tipsarevic (-10.5 games) to beat Filip Prpic- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Can't really add a great deal to what Atko has said. Should be all one way traffic you feel in this one with Prpic only playing for the sake of playing as it's Davis Cup. Tipsarevic has established himself into that group of just below the top 4 and should want to put on a bit of a show for the home crowd here. Really hard to see the Swedish team getting any joy out of this one and I don't expect him to be winning too many games off the Serb here.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Evans vs Lacko Lacko is a player that progressed so much this year and will do it even more. He is able to win here in 3 quick sets or 4 very quick sets. He can win against anyone which is not in the first 10 ATP players. He managed a great match against Baghdatis, also against Bogomolov, Haase, Starace, Young, Ljubicic. Evans is not out of form, he won against Skugor in Zagreb, but I think Lacko has a very powerfull serve and will be hard to make a break of his serve for Evans. under 34.5 games @ 1.83 with bet365

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Almagro vs Golubev The odds are great and a re a consequence of Golubev's win over Youznhy in Melbourne. But this match is going to be played on clay where Mr. Almagro is very strong. Almagro has a killer serve and very good moves on clay where the surface is not so fast. Golbev also played more matches on clay, but remember last year won just once on this surface for losing 15 matches. expect Almagro to act like a favorite and to end quick this match! under 30.5 games @ 1.85 with betvictor

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Also taken the overs in the Federer-Isner match, Troicki and Lacko on the handicaps and the unders in the Berdych match but I'm late for uni so can't do proper write ups for those. Basically Isner's serve is still pretty decent on the clay, as Nadal found last year. Troicki and Lacko are a class or two above their opponents whilst Berdych shouldn't really struggle against Bolelli. There may be one tightish set but Berdych should win a couple of sets easily.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February

Tipsarevici vs Prpic I think this will be a one way traffic and Janko with his great Oakley glasses will find the way to end this match quickly enough! First set is something that Janko always offers the best for sitting then comfortable on top of the lead. Expect a quick first set and under 8.5 games is an option that I like. I mean Janko has what it takes to win against this player Prpic which is on 490th spot ATP. 6-8 games in the first set @ 1.85 with bwin
TIPSAREVIC TO WIN FIRST SET 6-0 16/1 WILLHILL Carrying on from the points you made; obviously this is going to be a one sided affair. I think 16/1 for a 6-0 first set offers decent value.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Berdych vs Bolelli This should be a quick match for Berdych which is in a fine form. Bolleli likes the clay, while the match is going to be played on hard surface. Sure this is another advantage for Berdych. Berdych should go quick for the win as he will have a more difficult match on Sunday with Seppi. Very unbalanced match and surely a quick one. under 27.5 games @ 1.95 with Titanbet

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Can actually do some of these writeups now as a couple of them won't start for a while. Thomas Berdych vs Simone Bolelli- Under 28.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (4/10) Bolelli has actually got a really good record against Berdych, winning the last 2 matches the two of them have played but I'd be surprised if he took a set of Berdych today. Conditions majorly favour the Czech and he's coming off taking the title in France last week where he dropped just one set all week. Bolelli thus far this season has been struggling against guys ranked outside the top 100 so where he is going to really trouble Berdych I'm not sure. Prefer the unders to the handicap here as a 6-4 6-3 6-3 scoreline or something similar will do and I'd expect Berdych to win comfortably in front of the home support. Roger Federer vs John Isner- Over 34.5 games- 11/10 Bet365- (3/10) The price has drawn me into taking this one more than anything really. Isner's not started the season superbly and the clay does limit his game a bit but he should still be holding serve with ease for the majority of the time and could easily create a couple of tie breaks in the match. Federer is by no means is unplayable on the clay so Isner you'd feel should get some chances against him and he could well take a set off Roger. Just feel if Isner serves well and hangs about long enough, he could well hold enough games to cover the overs here at a relatively nice price in my eyes which strikes me as a bit of value.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Wickmayer vs Barthel I'm going here to find out the reason for which the odds have dropped so much so far. Wickmayer had bad moments last night with Mc Hale, but The young American has been very good and to me looks like a very important win for Wickmayer. Barthel won aagainst Wickmayer, but we have seen also Kerber winning against Sharapova after a heavy defeat in Melbourne. This macth looks like the one from yesterday when everyone thought Pironkova is going to win against Zakopalova and here we have Zakopalova already in the semis eliminating also beautiful Goerges. Expect a win for Yanina here. Wickmayer @ 2.62 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Tipsarevici vs Prpic I think this will be a one way traffic and Janko with his great Oakley glasses will find the way to end this match quickly enough! First set is something that Janko always offers the best for sitting then comfortable on top of the lead. Expect a quick first set and under 8.5 games is an option that I like. I mean Janko has what it takes to win against this player Prpic which is on 490th spot ATP. 6-8 games in the first set @ 1.85 with bwin I do not know what was in my head when I took this crap of bet! I apologize if someone followed me on this! The most stupid bet I ever took this year!

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Unreal performance from Big Johnny Isner............:notworthy On certain clay courts he can be a threat, the man has taken Nadal to 5 at the French, and Djokovic the same in Davis Cup before. That second serve kicker can be a nightmare to return.

Wickmayer vs Barthel I'm going here to find out the reason for which the odds have dropped so much so far. Wickmayer had bad moments last night with Mc Hale, but The young American has been very good and to me looks like a very important win for Wickmayer. Barthel won aagainst Wickmayer, but we have seen also Kerber winning against Sharapova after a heavy defeat in Melbourne. This macth looks like the one from yesterday when everyone thought Pironkova is going to win against Zakopalova and here we have Zakopalova already in the semis eliminating also beautiful Goerges. Expect a win for Yanina here. Wickmayer @ 2.62 with Pinnacle Sports
Sharapova had cold and was tired as hell, Zakopalova was lucky that Goerges also started to have health problems. Now Bartoli is struggling too, but this was to be expected after her yesterday's performance. All in all, today it seems like a bad day for favs in Paris, and this is the ONLY reason I am tailing this @2.60 Pinnacle :-)

Malek Jaziri to beat Florent Serra @ 6/5 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Jaziri has had a bit of a slow start this season, despite the early promising showing against Tsonga in Doha, however his win against Rufin followed up by another against the useful Gensse suggests to me that he's starting to get back on track and show the form that made him such a standout on the challenger circuit last season. He's got all the shots and if he's in the mood then he should have a bit too much for Serra, who despite having a solid start to the season, is always there for the taking against talented players in good form who can overcome his steady eddie approach. :hope
6-1 6-3 Jaziri. +16 points for the week with Niculescu doing the business and the Ball-Ginepri match covering the overs line. Think I'll leave it there for this week, bring on Rotterdam :ok

Tipsarevici vs Prpic I think this will be a one way traffic and Janko with his great Oakley glasses will find the way to end this match quickly enough! First set is something that Janko always offers the best for sitting then comfortable on top of the lead. Expect a quick first set and under 8.5 games is an option that I like. I mean Janko has what it takes to win against this player Prpic which is on 490th spot ATP. 6-8 games in the first set @ 1.85 with bwin I do not know what was in my head when I took this crap of bet! I apologize if someone followed me on this! The most stupid bet I ever took this year!
Not your fault, Tipsarevic is dum stupid retard.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Zakopalova vs Bartolli I think the yesterday shock was enough for Bartoli and will not play anymore with her form. She has everything that needs to beat Klara which is already to high in this torunament for what she normally deserves. I think Bartoli will prove here she can win this tournament and will want to and asap this match! under 20.5 games @ 1.90 with bet365

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Zakopalova to bt Bartoli @3.410 Pinnacle 0.5 u I must oppose sportxtipster as it never pays off to ignore plain facts. Zakopalova is playing really well. She had luck is some moments, true, but it's not that her opponents were all utter crap. Bartoli struggless immensely, and there is nothing that would justify the expectation that she will stop struggling. OK, she could tell herself "stop being that big crap Marion and start playing some tennis" and come to the court and crush Klara, but why should I believe this will actually occur? They bot played twice last year, Klara won once 64 62, and lost once 26 62 16. IMO it's like Marion is only slight fav, and that's because of the home court, so I am going with great odds. If Klara wins the 1st set, I am going to trade the bet. GL :hope

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Not great with the singles yesterday in the Davis Cup but hoping to make up for that today in the doubles. The bet on the overs in the Bogomolov was potentially the worst bet I've ever placed that came through. The handicap on the Austrian or the outright was always the call there so bit lucky to get away with that. Anyways like a few in the doubles today so let's see where that gets us. Colin Fleming/Ross Hutchins (-3.5 games) to beat Michal Mertinak/Filip Polasek- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Like the British duo here and they've started the season well together, making the semis in Sydney before getting beaten by the Bryans and the same thing happened in the third round at the Aussie Open. They've grown into a pretty good doubles team have Fleming and Hutchins and last season they beat the likes of Nestor/Mirnyi and Fyrstenberg/Matkowsi which shows how good these two work together. Neither of the two Slovak's are bad doubles players, especially Polasek who already has a doubles title to his name this season but the key thing is that they rarely play together and it can take a couple of matches to really build up a good partnership. The Brits have the home support and we saw yesterday how much that favoured Dan Evans and I'd expect given their doubles experience together, the Brits to get another point on the board for team GB here with a bit to spare. Oliver Marach/Alexander Peya (-3.5 games) to beat Nikolay Davydenko/Mikhail Youzhny- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Don't really see why the handicap line is so low to be honest. Guessing it's down to the Russian pair's singles ability but doubles is something completely different and in the Austrian's here, they are coming up against two very competent doubles players. The Austrian duo already have a doubles title in the bag this season, winning over in Auckland and whilst they team up with various other players throughout the season, when they do play together they usually perform well in the tournaments they play. Davydenko has played just 3 doubles matches since the start of last season and how much the doubles game suits him I'm not sure. His serve isn't anywhere near as effective as it used to be as you have to feel that if they are going to have a chance here, it's going to be Youzhny carrying the team for long periods. Quite how fresh Mikhail will be after winning both the singles and doubles titles in Zagreb last week I'm not sure. Playing 9 matches within a week and then being asked to come and play a 5 set doubles match is a really touch schedule and I wouldn't be surprised to see him below par today. The Russian's know they need a win but I do have a sneaky feeling that if they lose the first set and the Austrian's with the crowd behind them get on top, their heads will drop and the Austrian's will come through comfortably here so I'll back them on the handicap. Janko Tipsarevic/Nenad Zimonjic (-5.5 games) to beat Johan Brunstrom/Robert Lindstedt- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Always risky taking so many favourites on the handicaps in the Davis Cup but think it's warranted here. Tipsarevic doesn't play a great load of doubles matches but you'd feel he's good enough, and playing well enough at the minute to step up to that task. Zimonjic though has had a great load of success with Michael Llodra over the past 12 months, and the pair of them constantsly reach the latter stages of tournaments and won 4 doubles titles last year which shows how good a doubles player the Serb is. Johan Brunstrom plays a lot of doubles, but mainly in the challenger events which is a huge step down from what he'll be facing today and whenever he's been involved in some ATP doubles matches, his success hasn't been that great to be honest with the odd exception. Robert Lindstedt plays a lot of doubles with Tecau who play in most tournaments together and to be fair, do have some big results behind them, including that Wimbledon final last year. He isn't playing with Tecau today though and that should play a part. Granted Zimonjic doesn't have his usual partner to play with in Llodra, but Tipsarevic is far better than Brunstrom you'd feel and that makes them the fat better team in my eyes and I'd expect Brunstrom to struggle as this match goes on which should see the Serb's win well in the end I fancy.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February This one is too tempting for me.... ATP Bergamo Challenger - Albano Olivetti - Mikhail Ledovskikh OVER 22.2 GAMES @ 10/11 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Both of these guys are ace machines when they are on their games ; averaging around 15-20 aces a match in victory or defeat. They can both throw in the odd shocker but that usually happens later on in tournaments and against a higher class in opposition. With it being the first round both should be fresh and on this indoor hard court both serves will be hard to return. Ledovskikih is the better player however he usually plays his best stuff in his home country and with this match being in Italy I would expect a slightly lower level from him and this should help level the playing field. Regardless, Olivetti on a good serving day will be competitive full stop. :hope

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Taken a further 2 as well now I've looked at the rest of the matches. Frantisek Cermak/Lukas Rosol to beat Daniele Bracciali/Potito Starace- 5/6 Bet365- (4/10) Interesting match this one but I'd personally have the Czech team as the favourites. I saw it's an interesting match because Rosol and Bracciali actually teamed up last week in Zagreb so they should both know a fair bit about each others games. I would have the Czechs as favourites here though mainly down to Cermak really. Along with Polasek, he's made the final in Auckland and the third round in Melbourne which shows the early success he has had this year in the doubles. The pair of them had a really good season last year as well and I'd expect Rosol to provide decent support to him here. The pair of them played a bit together last season and won a challenger tournament and although this will be a bigger test, I'd fancy them to come through in the end but it could last a fair while. Marcel Granollers/Marc Lopez vs Evgeny Korolev/Yuri Schukin- Over 33.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) The Spanish duo are the big favourites for this one but this line to me in a 5 set doubles match looks too low. The surface benefits the Spaniards massively, as well as having home advantage but Lopez's season hasn't started well in the doubles so I'm unsure to how well he is playing just at the minute. Granollers hasn't been in any sort of form this season yet either, whether it's singles or doubles so I'm unsure how confident this Spanish team will be early on here. Now of course they are the far superior team in terms of quality on the singles court, but the team of Korolev/Schukin played a bit together on the clay last season albeit at challenger level and did okay so there's enough to suggest to me they could keep this match pretty tight. No matter what the surface, you won't often see a doubles match go under this line when the games don't involve the top 6 or so doubles teams in the world and I'll back this one to cover the overs as well.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Zakopalova rolls, I decided to let the bet go as it is and not to trade it. edit: OMG, that was Zakopalova at her best 67 06. She can play well, but after that screwed smash in the tie-break she melted down and imploded. :wall I am +0.1 FLAT unit in declared bets this week and I guess I better won't push my luck any further this week ...

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Wickmayer vs Kerber Yesterday I was very surprised to see Barthel thrashing Yanina in the first 3 games, but after that I saw the real Wickmayer. Very inspired and very tactical. Kerber used brute force to beat an uninspired Sharapova, a plyer that thought her name is enough to win again versus Kerber. Expect Yanina to be in control the entire match and to win again. She has a great form and she deserves at least to be in the final of this competition! Wickmayer to win @ 2.30 with 5dimes

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Yanina for sure big fighter and normally she should beat Kerber, but the quartedfinal against Barthel was long and ended almost 1 hour past midnight. Yanina had some cold problems and now 15 hrs later she is about to play against in-form Kerber. I guess that's why she is not favourite. Anyone knows how Yanina is doing in such conditions? edit: and Yanina lost. Unfortunately, the "the player deserves to win" system does not work ....

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Jesus really sorry to anyone that's followed me this weekend or indeed last weekend with the darts. Really haven't called anything right or even been particularly close to so apologies to anyone who did follow. Think I'll have a few days off now given the results and let the rest of guys in here pick the right calls.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Hey guys, I normally do not bet that low chalk, but this one seems too good to be true Bartoli to bt Kerber in Paris final @1.667 Pinnacle To be honest, I expected something like 1.3-1.4. However erratic Bartoli can be, it is hard to imagine she will lose this prestigious and emotionally loaded match in front of huge home crowd that expects glorious victory. Bartoli seems to be able to get out of serious troubles, and the German should not be mentally strong enough to resist till the end. Kerber has won couple of challenger level tournaments but none WTA tournament, though she was in one final two years ago on clay (Bogota), lost to Duque-Marino. No need to write about Bartoli's titles - two in last year, and many others.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Nishikori vs Dodig Nishikori able here to win a break point in the first set. 19 of his last 30 matches have ended with 9-10 games in the first set, while Dodig had 12 out of last 30 matches ending with this type of result. Expect Nishikori to be much better than with Karlovic and to give sense to the last match, Soeda vs Karlovic. first set: 8.5-10.5 games = 9-10 game in the first set

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Karlovic vs Soeda I think is going to be a stromg match this one, but Karlovic can win in 3 sets without problems. He posses a greats erve and he rtegualrly makes 20 aces / match. Like in the first match with Nishikori, Karlovic will stay very close to the service of his opponent and will look for a break. This is why I go for this kind of bet! 9-10 games in the frist set @ 1.95 with William Hill

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February I’ve seen very little to interest me this week, but I’ll take one in the final at Pattaya today. Daniella Hantuchova vs Maria Kirilenko Over 21.5 games 2.0 at Ladbrokes (2 /10 units) The main thing that sways me towards this is the H2H record. These pair have faced each other on 6 occasions , with 4 of these games going well over this games line and the other two having 20 matches each, and all being relatively tight affairs. With the way these two are playing this week I think todays final will be similar to their previous matches. Kirlenko has stuttered towards the final, needing 3 sets in 3 of her matches so far and a first set tie break against Tanasurgarn before she was able to break her down in the second set. Hantuchova has had an easier ride, but was taken close by King the quarter final and took her time to get going against Hsieh. Both have impressed in parts and toiled in parts so lets hope for the same again and a long match in this final. :hope

This one is too tempting for me.... ATP Bergamo Challenger - Albano Olivetti - Mikhail Ledovskikh OVER 22.2 GAMES @ 10/11 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Both of these guys are ace machines when they are on their games ; averaging around 15-20 aces a match in victory or defeat. They can both throw in the odd shocker but that usually happens later on in tournaments and against a higher class in opposition. With it being the first round both should be fresh and on this indoor hard court both serves will be hard to return. Ledovskikih is the better player however he usually plays his best stuff in his home country and with this match being in Italy I would expect a slightly lower level from him and this should help level the playing field. Regardless, Olivetti on a good serving day will be competitive full stop. :hope
:ok Olivetti serving up 25 + aces on way to 7-6 7-6 victory.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Bartoli vs Kerber Kerber has done well so far, but with Bartoli will be so different. Bartoli looks need always in this tournamenmt to be on danger of losing a set or a match to start showing great tenis. I think the motivation is much different here for her, she already had 2 difficult situations to pass and now will treat the opponent on a high level from the first serve. Expect Bartoli to win quickly! Bartoli -1.5 sets @ 2.60 with betsson