Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb

staffy

Re: Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb Prediction: Newcastle win 11/10 @ BetFred Great price for a home win available at the moment. Ba and Cisse are possible starters and Newcastle's form has recovered recently (currently the 5th best in the league). They've won there last 2 games at home v QPR and Man United. Tiote looks like he'll still be missing with international duty, the Ivory Coast one of the favourites to make the final. After going 1-0 up, Newcastle have won 6 out of 6 games. Aston Villa have been dull this year under Alex Mcleish. Even though they had an astonishing 70% possesion at home v QPR, they still only managed a draw. They have only gained 9 points in 8 games versus mid-table sides, so not many points gained off teams near them in the league. N'Zogbia, heel injury, is doubtful.

Re: Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb I like goals here. I think Newcastle without Tiote are vunerable. Since he left for the ANC, they have played 3 PL games. They shipped 5 at Fulham, and while they kept clean sheets in winning the other 2 games, they did give up plenty of chances. QPR had 15 goal attempts (9 on target) at St James Park, and Balckburn battered them the other night, accumulating 14 corners, 23 attempts on goal, with 12 of those on target. Villa seem to have found a bit of form lately, perhaps linked to the return to form of Stephen Ireland, and the arrival of his compatriat Robbie Keane. Along with Petrov, N'Zogbia and Bent, they have been linking up well of late. Villa have 11 goals in their last 4 aways, including 3 at Chelsea and 2 at Arsenal. They forced 23 attempts when scoring 2 against QPR the other night, where from reports the link-up play going forward was very impressive. Not sure what the weather is going to be like so will wait until closer to kick off. But the 1.5 with Boylesports for Villa to score is something that I might combine with over 1.5 in the Chelsea Man Utd game in a lumpy double.

Re: Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb

5-bet-Multiple @ 3.69: Chelsea vs Manchester United >>> Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.3 10/11 Home games have seen Over 1.5 for Chelsea. 8/11 Away games have seen Over 1.5 for Manchester United. BTTS is very likely in this match as well. BTTS won with Chelsea vs Man City/Liverpool/Arsenal & with Liverpool/Arsenal vs Manchester United. Newcastle vs Aston Villa >>> Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.29 7/11 Home games have gone Over 1.5 for Newcastle, plus with Tiote away, they've been conceding more, and with Ba back, their offense is definitely improved. 8/11 Away games have gone Over 1.5 for Aston Villa who are more than capable of scoring at least once @ Newcastle. Juventus vs Siena >>> Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.28 10/10 Home games have gone Over 1.5 for Juventus. They should put at least 2 past Siena at home. 7/10 Away games have gone Over 1.5 for Siena. Genoa vs Lazio >>> Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.32 7/10 Home games have gone Over 1.5 for Genoa plus their last 5 games overall have seen 28 goals from both teams. 9/10 Away games for Lazio have seen Over 1.5 goals. Palermo vs Atlanta >>> Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.3 9/10 Home games have seen Over 1.5 for Palermo plus there's been 18 goals scored in their last 3 games overall. 8/10 Away games for Atlanta have seen Over 1.5. Total odds @ 3.69 (2.5 Units) Betfair Taking another Multiple with Over 2.5 for all of these 5 games as well @ 26.54 (0.5 Unit)

Re: Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb Over 3.5 @ 3.26 centrebet Newcastle have scored in their last 7 EPL games, as well as scoring twice in 5 of these 7 games, and with Ba back to probably partner new signing Cisse, they once again have some more potency up front to score goals. Expect them to score on a Villa defence that has just one clean sheet in their last 8 EPL games, and have also allowed at least two goals in 5 of these last 8 games. Villa have players too who can score, as they have scored in 5 of their last 8 games, and with the addition of Keane up front, they have also managed to score at least twice in 3 of their last 5 games. Though Newcastle have 3 clean sheets in their last 4 home games, they have allowed 3 goals recently to West Brom and Chelsea at home, and there is enough quality in this Villa side to score here. Villa have 3 draws and a win in their last 4 away games, and they have scored at least two goals in these 3 away wins, so going to Newcastle is another opportunity for them to pick up at least a point. Like both teams to score a couple of goals each here Season record: 109-129 (+20.01)

Re: Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb We really are on the same wavelength today, Mr Crow. Though you were always one step ahead of me on both overs post in the EPL games. Not wanting to repeat too much what youve already said, Villa also play better away from home and Bent and Keane are real goal poachers. Agbonlahor will be a miss if he doesnt start but Newcastle should have Ba and fellow compatriot Cisse back to score them goals. Slightly different bets as I think 2 - 1 to either side covers a larger range of possible results for this game. Over 2.5 1.980 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 Betfair 3.55 Pre commission 5/10

Re: Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb I'm also on over 2.5 goals. Newcastle have Ba and Cisse back from the african cup of nations giving them greater fire power upfront. Seven of Newcastle's home games have gone over 2.5 and six of Villa's away games have gone over 2.5. Newcastle have a good home record this season (6-3-2) and I fancy them to beat what has been a poor Villa side this season. Over 2.5 at 1.95 (5/10) Bet365 Newcastle at 2.1 (3/10) William Hill

Re: Newcastle v Villa > Sun 5th feb Based on league positions alone you could probably make an arguement for back Newcastle here. But I'm happy to LAY Newcastle or BACK Aston Villa (+0.5) @ 1.80. Reason being I think there's not that much difference in quality between the sides and I think Villa are a more dangerous team away from home, don't have the pressure of the Villa Park ground also. Newcastle have been fantastic this season and have exceeded many people's pre-season expectations but I think there's been signs that the team's perforamance levels may be dropping. They won both against QPR at home and Blackburn away without being the best team in my opinion and the conceded five at Fulham in between that. Ba is back for Newcastle but may not be at full fitness after his Africian Cup of Nations campaign with Senegal. Overall Aston Villa have shown enough in recent away fixtures for me to think they've got a very good chance of coming away with something from this game especially with Keane & Bent appearing to link-up so well upfront for them.

I'm also on over 2.5 goals. Newcastle have Ba and Cisse back from the african cup of nations giving them greater fire power upfront. Seven of Newcastle's home games have gone over 2.5 and six of Villa's away games have gone over 2.5. Newcastle have a good home record this season (6-3-2) and I fancy them to beat what has been a poor Villa side this season. Over 2.5 at 1.95 (5/10) Bet365 Newcastle at 2.1 (3/10) William Hill
2/2 :nana

We really are on the same wavelength today, Mr Crow. Though you were always one step ahead of me on both overs post in the EPL games. Not wanting to repeat too much what youve already said, Villa also play better away from home and Bent and Keane are real goal poachers. Agbonlahor will be a miss if he doesnt start but Newcastle should have Ba and fellow compatriot Cisse back to score them goals. Slightly different bets as I think 2 - 1 to either side covers a larger range of possible results for this game. Over 2.5 1.980 Pinnacle 10/10 Over 3.5 Betfair 3.55 Pre commission 5/10
Nearly 5 units up for this game. Fair result though Villa imo played slightly better at times but the extra bit of quality from Cisse sealed the game along with abit of know-how on grinding the clock down. Could easily have gone over 3.5 without the heroics of krul.

Over 3.5 @ 3.26 centrebet Newcastle have scored in their last 7 EPL games, as well as scoring twice in 5 of these 7 games, and with Ba back to probably partner new signing Cisse, they once again have some more potency up front to score goals. Expect them to score on a Villa defence that has just one clean sheet in their last 8 EPL games, and have also allowed at least two goals in 5 of these last 8 games. Villa have players too who can score, as they have scored in 5 of their last 8 games, and with the addition of Keane up front, they have also managed to score at least twice in 3 of their last 5 games. Though Newcastle have 3 clean sheets in their last 4 home games, they have allowed 3 goals recently to West Brom and Chelsea at home, and there is enough quality in this Villa side to score here. Villa have 3 draws and a win in their last 4 away games, and they have scored at least two goals in these 3 away wins, so going to Newcastle is another opportunity for them to pick up at least a point. Like both teams to score a couple of goals each here
:( Season record: 110-130 (+21.21)