Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb

kevshat

The new Super League season begins this weekend with televised matches on Friday and Saturday. Odds below.... [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 3 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Leeds Rhinos v Hull KR (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.27 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 31 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Widnes Vikings v Wakefield Wildcats (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.81 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 4 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] London Broncos v St Helens (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.24 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Salford City Reds v Castleford Tigers (17:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 5 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bradford Bulls v Catalans Dragons (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hull FC v Warrington Wolves (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.47 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wigan Warriors v Huddersfield Giants (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 31 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb Widnes vs Wakefield Selection: Wakefield 2.4 Sportingbet Widnes are the newcomers to the super league this year. However, they do not come into this game with much confidence from friendlies after having beatings by local rivals St Helens and Warrington. The Vikings also have 7 players out for this game with some in Australia and some on the injury table. Widnes have also signed a full new team over the past few months who will certainly not be linking up aswell in the early stages of the season as they need to bond more and realise eachothers movements etc..

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb Not sure on the Widnes game, as you say they have a lot of new players as do Wakefield, they signed 13 and all are named in tonight's squad so they too could have trouble gelling. I'm going for an anytime tryscorer bet to give me some interest, taking Widnes new signing Patrick Ah Van, he breaks plenty of tackles and he scored 2 tries for Bradford against Wakefield last year. Patrick Ah Van to score anytime 5/4 @ Skybet

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb Good luck guys. Giving the TV match a miss tonight but I will play in the other one. 4pts Leeds (-12) to beat Hull KR 10/11 Ladbrokes Leeds begin the defence of their title on the opening night and in front of their own fans I expect them to put on a bit of a show and win this at a canter. Hull KR are under a new coach and that could take time to bed in and get his approach on the side and their new signings could take a game or two to get up to speed. Leeds have no such problems there. Danny Maguire is fit and firing as are their other big players such as Rob Burrow, Kevin Sinfield, Ryan Hall et al. Apart from a couple of newcomers this is basically the Leeds side which won the Grand Final last year whereas Hull KR are going to have more than half a team making their competitive debuts tonight. I think Leeds will be strong this season and with the World Club Challenge just 3 weeks away I think the intensity of their preparation for the season will have been stronger than that of the Robins and with all things being equal I think the Rhinos can begin the defence of their title with a win by more than 12pts tonight.

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb

Not sure on the Widnes game, as you say they have a lot of new players as do Wakefield, they signed 13 and all are named in tonight's squad so they too could have trouble gelling. I'm going for an anytime tryscorer bet to give me some interest, taking Widnes new signing Patrick Ah Van, he breaks plenty of tackles and he scored 2 tries for Bradford against Wakefield last year. Patrick Ah Van to score anytime 5/4 @ Skybet
Great shout with Ah Van mate :clap:clap

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb

Widnes vs Wakefield Selection: Wakefield 2.4 Sportingbet Widnes are the newcomers to the super league this year. However, they do not come into this game with much confidence from friendlies after having beatings by local rivals St Helens and Warrington. The Vikings also have 7 players out for this game with some in Australia and some on the injury table. Widnes have also signed a full new team over the past few months who will certainly not be linking up aswell in the early stages of the season as they need to bond more and realise eachothers movements etc..
Comfortable win for Wakefield in the end. Gutted I didnt consider a handicap now

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb Cheers Kev, was nice for us all to tip a winner :clap It was touch and go for a while for Leeds but they got the job done in the end as did Wakefield, was a cracking game, not keen on the new Widnes pitch though.

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb Going for another tryscorer bet this evening, Salford new signing Joel Moon is a young player that can play back row, half back or in the centres, he's very mobile around the pitch, good with the ball and gets in plenty of good positions to score. Joel Moon to score anytime 5/4 @ Skybet

Re: Stobart Super League XVII Round 1 - 3-5 Feb Gutted I left the Bradford Bulls game alone. I was looking to back against them outright and on the handicap after reading a preview of their season in our local paper. All reports from supporters and local journalists say they were dire in pre season and look no better going into the new season. After todays game the lads I know that support the bulls said they were awful and blame the players rather than the coach, stating they are simply not good enough to compete. It is worth opposing Bradford in the next few weeks, outright and handicaps. They can't defend and their attack seems one dimensional, believing they can just steamroll opposition rather than moving the ball around. It will be a tough year for the Bulls and they will struggle if reports are accurate.