BBOTD Tuesday 31st

cpo

1.40 Taunton Hobbs Dream 1pt Win @ 16/1 Bet365 That's Some Milan is a short priced favourite for this race and I just have my doubts with him. He ran a cracker first time up after a long absence and I feel he could be suspect to the bounce theory. The step up in trip should suit him and the stable are in great form at the moment but I wouldn't want to take too short a price with him. Sendinpost is another horse that comes from in form stable but his career has been fairly moderate up until this point and I wouldn't want to be with him here. The other horse at the top of the market makes plenty more appeal to me going for a stable who's runners are running well. That one is Acosta who has been running well recently without winning and may just be a shade high in the weights. In his younger days he won off a higher mark this this but he does look temperamental and can be opposed for win purposes. The horse I do like is Hobbs Dream who runs for Neil Mulholland. He was in great form this time last year winning twice very easily on heavy ground. It is after the handicapper put him up 24lbs after his Hereford win that his form has tailed off. He won at Hereford off a mark of 82 with the jockey claiming 7lbs but he did in the style of a progressive horse. Next time up however he was well beaten and every run since he has never been able to recapture that form. He has dropped from that mark of 106 to 83 which is what he races off in this race. They have a booked a young 8lb claimer for the ride but this is a conditional jockeys handicap. He doesn't have much experience but the handy 8lbs that he takes off the horses back puts him down to 75 which is what he last won at when romping to victory at Hereford this time last year. The ground conditions are a slight worry as all of his wins have come on heavy ground but his pedigree suggests that he should be just as good on this better ground. Neil Mulholland has said himself that the stable have been struggling but they look to maybe have turned a corner. His last few flat runners have ran well and they had one today that was backed off the board and just touched off. Mad Max didn't run too badly on his reappearance but Midnight Chase who is the stable star ran a great race at the weekend to win the Argento. Market confidence behind his flat runner today and the fact he ran so well to pull clear of the field with the eventual winner tells me that the horses are in good nick. Hobbs Dream has been running while they have been out of form and we have all seen what can happen when a stable hits form by looking at how Venetia Williams horses have been doing. I am just hoping for a better run from Hobbs Dream that he has shown on recent outings. His 2 wins this time last year were very impressive and if he can recapture that form I put him in with a shout here.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st T4.10 Fahrisee 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Ladbrokes I don't really fancy the 2 at the head of the market so I'm looking for an e/w alternative and Fahrisee fits the bill. Of the 2 favourites, Star Galaxy won well last time out but it'd be some feat to win off its revised handicap mark which is its highest ever basically meaning that you have to be a believer that the horse is improving at the ripe old age of 12 ! Renard looks too high in the weights now so the 2 that I fancied are Fahrisee and Lord Singer. I've sided with Fahrisee who doesn't have many miles on the clock for a 9-y-o and interestingly is the only runner in the field to have won off a handicap mark higher than that which it races off in this race. That is a major plus in that it only has 11 races to its name. It's won 3 of those and it's probably still got more to come. That career high win was off a 4lb higher mark and didn't have todays claiming jockey on board so the excellent Adam Wedge takes off a further 5lb making it look very well treated. The horse didn't like the bottomless ground last time out so I'm happy to ignore that run (many horses failed to complete in that race due to the ground) and the horse seems to run its best races at this time of year so I'm hoping it bounces back to form at a decent e/w price in this 10 runner race.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 16:00 Southwell Il Battista E/W (13,00) Ladbrokes Il Battista won at this course before but never off 6f. He previous ran well over 7f and got a decent mile record. The 4 year old, prefers aw and runs well on this surface. He won against better company before but cant seem to stay on the same mark or progress over longer time. Il Battista recent form. 3-2-1-5-8 The jockey Da Silva are booked. He won 10 % of his aw runs in 2012.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 1:30 Southwell: Aaman 1pt win 6/1 Bet365 Aaman has run three times on the fibresand. The first over an inadequate six furlongs was unplaced, but the next time he beat Mayta Capac by sixteen lengths at what the Racing Post comments describe at a canter. Aaman then folowed that up with a twelve length defeat of Merrion Tiger unchallenged. Although he lines up ten pounds higher today, if he retains that ability previous for new trainer Bernard Llewellyn, Aaman should go close on a course he clearly likes.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st

3.30 Southwell Crocodile Bay has never been the most resolute individual, but has returned to something like his bes recently including on this surface, goes without a penalty today having won an apprentice handicap at Lingfield last week but certainly not one to rely on at a short price. St Ignatius has won twice here and won over 1f further last time out 4lb rise probably enough to make you look elsewhere having had a few chances off this sort of mark prior to that win. Spacecraft finally got off the mark in December having been running with credit around here. Hasnt always found as much as can be expected in a finish although much better recently the concern tho now is the drop in trip has looked in need of all the mile recently, and 3lb higher for that good finish 2nd and likely to find one or two too good again. Fluctuation improved for the step up in trip last time out but had previously been found wanting over this 7f trip and 6lb penalty leaves him looking vunerable. Saktoon showed very little for Clive Brittian like most from that yard last year but appeared to improve for first try on this surface and switch of yard to Derek Shaw who does well with his runners around here. Visor is retained and obviously needs to work again but a step back up in trip looks a positive move and Fanning a strong booking. The other that interests me is Fantasy Fry who has dropped a long way in the weights having been rated 77 at his best. He won 2 claimers around here last winter, not gone on since then a dropped a long way in the weights, but appeared to better all previous efforts when a good 2nd in a seller last time out over CD, did very well at the weights if reading that form literally and given his record around here he looks well treated with the handicapper not being able to react to that recent seller performance and should go well in first time blinkers. 1pt win Fantasy Fry 4/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 3.40 VAL MUNDO 11/4 paddy power This is one of those bets where everything seems so obvious, last year was winning group 3s on the level in germany, purchased by new owners on 1st of october for 70 grand sent to venitia had the public schooling sessions out the back of novice hurdle races gently biding it's time never having been put into a winning position, last time out you would notice him in the background making eye-catching headway, showing that he is coming to hand. Has got a mark of 100 for handicap debut was recording RPR's of 106 on the flat so hurdle mark clearly under estimates him. Will the had-brake be let off today??? I guess that is up to Venitia and the owner, however he has multiple entry's over the next few days and you would imagine this is too enable him to run with 6lb if he were to win. Like i say it's too obvious to be true surely but i cant resist it. 1pt win 11/4 paddy power

3.40 VAL MUNDO 11/4 paddy power This is one of those bets where everything seems so obvious, last year was winning group 3s on the level in germany, purchased by new owners on 1st of october for 70 grand sent to venitia had the public schooling sessions out the back of novice hurdle races gently biding it's time never having been put into a winning position, last time out you would notice him in the background making eye-catching headway, showing that he is coming to hand. Has got a mark of 100 for handicap debut was recording RPR's of 106 on the flat so hurdle mark clearly under estimates him. Will the had-brake be let off today??? I guess that is up to Venitia and the owner, however he has multiple entry's over the next few days and you would imagine this is too enable him to run with 6lb if he were to win. Like i say it's too obvious to be true surely but i cant resist it. 1pt win 11/4 paddy power
Very good write up and i can see exactly where you are coming from.. I am convinced!!!!! However, it was 8to1 on atr and there has obviously been a flood of cash. I think the market will stablise tomorrow and it maybe a bit bigger... Will back it at PP for best odds guarantee... Good luck!!!

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st Pantxoa - 3.10 Taunton I need a big priced one today to have any chance of being in the top 16 so I'm going for this one here. It's not been in bad form at all recently. it had two good places after it returned over a similar distance so the distance should be fine for it. Not the best run last time out but I think it can bounce back and will hopefully win and book me a place in the top sixteen. Good luck to everyone else today. Pantxoa win @ 10/1 bet 365

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 4.40 Taunton VIC AR AGHAIDH 7/2 bog (Bet365) I like the chances of this horse in this bumper even if it's a debut and of course it's hard to rate her chances perfectly. Anyway Emma Lavelle keeps on improving and is having her best season ever (30 wins sofar and missing another success to score her personal best). She won this race one year ago with a mare we all know: Kentford Grey Lady. Nice pedigree (her brother Bob Run won a bumper) and not a very tough opposition on paper as Gowithdflo is due to carry 7lb penalty sinche she won her first bumper one month ago and it's hard to see her doubling her win today. The same goes for Go Annie, who her first bumper in her second attempt, while Tizzard-trained Dimpsy Time was second and so keeps the advantage to avoid the 7lb penalty. All those bumpers didn't look that strong and as far as concerned the newcomers of course the main opponent looks the Nicky Henderson-trained La Reine De Riogh but I don't like betting Henderson's horses in bumpers as he is a top trainer and his horses are always very short and his stats in bumpers are pretty poor while Emma Lavelle has a good strike-record in bumper and a very good one at this track (24%) and she was looking for this bumper to let Vic Ar Aghaidh debut since a lot of time as the mare is considered a very interesting prospect by her team. Not the easiest shot ever but I like it and couldn't find any better at a decent price today.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 6.45 Greyville (SA): Northern Emperor @ 4/5 sportingbet I struggle to find a decent bet at Southwell today so I have to turn to South Africa. Northern Emperor will have his second career start at Greyville tonight. He won very well at his debut over 6 furlongs five weeks ago. He was a 16/1 shot that day and should improve allot for that run. Top Jockey Anton Marcus takes the ride today who has a 23% strike rate for trainer Charles Laird. Norther Emperor takes a step up in trip today but 7f shouldn't cause any problems. He clearly has not to fear today's rivals and should be very hard to beat.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 1.50 Folkestone: Knight Flight EW (7/1 Bet365) Think this is a big price on known form and should have no trouble getting in the frame and if the jolly has a bad day he could take advantage. Was fourth here on his hurdling debut behind Buddy Belero and Monturgeon, that was decent in the context oif this grade. He then came back and was a clear second to Flemi Two Shoes after making a right mess of the second flight and was lucky to stay in the race. A slight drop back in trip and on better ground could see him jump better and its a very weak race and the fav has top give weight away. Nicholls had a runner coming back from a lay off but with no money around for it i'll be surprised if its one of his superstars.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 16.00 - Southwell- Andiamo Via - 1pt win @ 7/1 - Bet365 (BOG) Got off the mark over 7f at todays track towards the end of December, followed that up with a decent third to Podgies Boy over the same C&D a couple of weeks later so clearly doesnt mind the fibresand. First attempt over 6f, dont see why it should be an issue. Running off the bottom weight with Joe Fanning on board, hoping for a good run.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st 1:50 Folkestone - Open Hearted - Back Slight disappointment when falling 2 starts ago but he was right in that race when coming down and immediately put that behind him when winnining lto. That was a good win, especially considering that the runner up has since come out and won a decent looking race. A clear round of jumping here should make him very difficult to beat 1pt win @ 8/13 Paddy Power BOG

1:30 Southwell: Aaman 1pt win 6/1 Bet365 Aaman has run three times on the fibresand. The first over an inadequate six furlongs was unplaced, but the next time he beat Mayta Capac by sixteen lengths at what the Racing Post comments describe at a canter. Aaman then folowed that up with a twelve length defeat of Merrion Tiger unchallenged. Although he lines up ten pounds higher today, if he retains that ability previous for new trainer Bernard Llewellyn, Aaman should go close on a course he clearly likes.
Didn`t bet in this race but nice spot. :ok

1.40 Taunton Hobbs Dream 1pt Win @ 16/1 Bet365 That's Some Milan is a short priced favourite for this race and I just have my doubts with him. He ran a cracker first time up after a long absence and I feel he could be suspect to the bounce theory. The step up in trip should suit him and the stable are in great form at the moment but I wouldn't want to take too short a price with him. Sendinpost is another horse that comes from in form stable but his career has been fairly moderate up until this point and I wouldn't want to be with him here. The other horse at the top of the market makes plenty more appeal to me going for a stable who's runners are running well. That one is Acosta who has been running well recently without winning and may just be a shade high in the weights. In his younger days he won off a higher mark this this but he does look temperamental and can be opposed for win purposes. The horse I do like is Hobbs Dream who runs for Neil Mulholland. He was in great form this time last year winning twice very easily on heavy ground. It is after the handicapper put him up 24lbs after his Hereford win that his form has tailed off. He won at Hereford off a mark of 82 with the jockey claiming 7lbs but he did in the style of a progressive horse. Next time up however he was well beaten and every run since he has never been able to recapture that form. He has dropped from that mark of 106 to 83 which is what he races off in this race. They have a booked a young 8lb claimer for the ride but this is a conditional jockeys handicap. He doesn't have much experience but the handy 8lbs that he takes off the horses back puts him down to 75 which is what he last won at when romping to victory at Hereford this time last year. The ground conditions are a slight worry as all of his wins have come on heavy ground but his pedigree suggests that he should be just as good on this better ground. Neil Mulholland has said himself that the stable have been struggling but they look to maybe have turned a corner. His last few flat runners have ran well and they had one today that was backed off the board and just touched off. Mad Max didn't run too badly on his reappearance but Midnight Chase who is the stable star ran a great race at the weekend to win the Argento. Market confidence behind his flat runner today and the fact he ran so well to pull clear of the field with the eventual winner tells me that the horses are in good nick. Hobbs Dream has been running while they have been out of form and we have all seen what can happen when a stable hits form by looking at how Venetia Williams horses have been doing. I am just hoping for a better run from Hobbs Dream that he has shown on recent outings. His 2 wins this time last year were very impressive and if he can recapture that form I put him in with a shout here.
Amazing m8 - well done indeed!!:clap

Fantastic tipping mate, brilliant !

CRACKIN SHOUT

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st launde 3:20 folk win 13/2 hills desperate for value today , many easy picks but i need my lsp boosted ! so this is my best shot this 13 year old is getting on abit now but is very lightly raced . he runs in a small race and actualy seems to show the most ability out of these follow rivals , usualy runs in bigger feilds of a high class , ran poorly last time out but hopeflly can overcome that , decent enough jockey on baord must stand a chnace and i will nto be backing a 5/6 on shot becuase i won last time out at 33s its madness ! stands a chance hopefully his experince will pull through

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st Mr Saint, no matter what you did, i would not have let you win. If you had backed anything 2/1 or under, i would have copied your bet. ;) I was sitting pretty waiting for your bet, then this maggot pops up with his 25/1 winner , hahaha i was in stitches laughing watching it on the tv.... Time to get chasing CPO :rollin

Mr Saint' date=' no matter what you did, i would not have let you win. If you had backed anything 2/1 or under, i would have copied your bet. ;) I was sitting pretty waiting for your bet, then this maggot pops up with his 25/1 winner , hahaha i was in stitches laughing watching it on the tv.... Time to get chasing CPO :rollin[/quote'] Yeah - I kinda figured u might employ that filth (cos I'd have done the same!) so I was gonna crack it on with 10 minutes and 2 seconds before the off time!!! Can't believe I spent so long thinking about it! Almost embarrassing now!!!:eyes:lol

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st CPO, you little maggot... Was sitting lovely, happy as larry that Dtrains only put up an 11/4 shot putting him out of the running, was going to copy the Saint if he put up a shortie, and then you maggot storm in with a 25/1 shot.. Couldn;t you just have waited til tomorrow? :lol *Bonnie Prince Blue - Southwell 4:30* Too big a price for a four time course and distance winner and has won over thr trip seven times. Runs off a career-low mark of 56 today and was 3rd here over course and distance off 12 pounds higher last July, has a great chance at the weights if fresh from a break. The trainer has been out of sorts but looked like he may come back to form soon when he had a 40/1 third a couple of days ago. Worth a bet at the price. *1 Point WIN @ 14/1 VC BOG*