** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Southwell 230

Aykay1

Safranine each way bet @ 7/1 Victor Chandler Safranine has won at a higher level than this earlier in his career, including over todays course and distance. He been stifled somewhat by a hike in the handicap and to be honest looks a horse in decline. However, his last 2 runs have seen him take advantage of his plummeting rating and has finished 2nd both times. On his penultimate start he was unlucky to come up against a good horse in Hammer of the Gods, whjo nearly broke the course record (!!) and most recently just being caught by another well handicapped opponent. In an awful race the 7/1 available is attractive despite the horse nt necessarily being one to place all your trust in.

Re: Southwell 230 You`re right mate it`s an awful race but I`ve still been looking for something to take my eye in it :o . I think Amandas Lad could well break his duck today (maiden after 61 starts). He just got nudged out by a head by Redoubtable over todays c+d last week and the jockey reported that the horse hung in the closing stages, so it could be argued the maiden tag could have gone then if the horse had run a true line. I think any sort of repeat run will see it go very close and at least the jock will be wary of any high jinx should it be there at the business end of the race today. 1 point win I can see it vying for joint favouritism with yours aykay.

Re: Southwell 230 I fancy Sergeant Slipper to run a big race here, guys. Must have a strong pace to come off, and that looks likely with several front-runners in the field. Came back to form with a decent 3rd last time in a very fast run race (winner ATTORNEY won again since) and he looks a solid ew bet at around 8/1. Good luck, Seen

Re: Southwell 230 Well, i fancy Pulse! Like Sergeant Slipper needs a strong pace to come off, can run over 6F so will be finishing fast. Also ran against Attorney, finishing 4th, but lost by a smaller margin that Sergeant Slipper did. Ran well last time after a small break so possibly may come on for the run aswell. Currently 6/1, 11/2 in some places. Good luck