** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Race planning at the weekend

I don't know if it's just me but sometimes the race planning in this country is dire. There's been so much quality racing on today that I've struggled to study any more than half of the contests in any depth. However tomorrow we're faced with moderate (from my perspective) class 4,5,6 contests apart from a fairly decent card at Fairyhouse. It seems even worse sometimes in the Summer on the flat when there are some very poor Sunday cards. I really don't understand why they don't split the decent racing over the full weekend to drive up interest & turnover in the same way that the Premier League does with the football.

Re: Race planning at the weekend Big races in Ireland are usually on a Sunday, i cant see why they cant do the same in the UK, should be spread out more evenly, Saturday is a day for competitive handicaps, Sunday should be a day for the Grade 1 and 2 races. IMO

Re: Race planning at the weekend If Saturdays are stag and hen party type days then Sundays could be aimed at families and racing fans with the decent graded races saved for the Sunday. The pissheads don't even see a horse all day, bollocks to the TV companies, get the decent races on a Sunday. I always think racing clashes with the footy on a Saturday and wonder if having racing on a Sunday would make a difference to the crowds, although I wouldn't want to see all the pissed up Stone Island brigade at the races either. Far too many meetings on a Saturday and as you say makes form study a nightmare, definitely need to be selective but can often miss one or two horses here or in Ireland.