** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

African Nations Cup 2012

Ivory Coast v Burkina Faso - Thursday 26th January [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Côte d'Ivoire v Burkina Faso (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Libya v Zambia - Wednesday 25th January Libya v Zambia Zambia started the tournament with a surprise 2-1 win over fancied Senegal, their first goal was the result of shambolic defending though and the second wasn't much better, fair play to them though, they hung on. Libya were involved in a predictably dour game against the co-hosts Eq. Guinea which they lost to a offside looking 87th minute goal. Libya created little and have next to nothing going forward. These two know each other well and it is interesting that in qualifying there was a 0-0 draw and a 1-0 win for Libya. There seems little reason or logic to them changing their tactics of the last couple of years, they will defend and look to hit on the counter, we shouldn't underestimate the amount of energy Zambia expended during their win either, it was unexpected and gives them breathing space going into the next two games. Why can't they now go onto win the next two considering they have beaten what is considered the best team in the group? I would say tournament football is rarely so straightforward, the odds of 1.53 for another under 2.5 encounter seem fair enough to me, I can't see Libya going for it as they don't have the ability in the final third normal policy will be employed. Zambia have more attacking ability but they did in the qualifying rounds too and didn't score a goal against them. Under 2.5 goals - 1.53 betfred - 5 points

Re: Equatorial Guinea v Senegal - Wednesday 25th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Equatorial Guinea v Senegal (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.78 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Senegal - 2

Re: Libya v Zambia - Wednesday 25th January

Libya v Zambia Zambia started the tournament with a surprise 2-1 win over fancied Senegal, their first goal was the result of shambolic defending though and the second wasn't much better, fair play to them though, they hung on. Libya were involved in a predictably dour game against the co-hosts Eq. Guinea which they lost to a offside looking 87th minute goal. Libya created little and have next to nothing going forward. These two know each other well and it is interesting that in qualifying there was a 0-0 draw and a 1-0 win for Libya. There seems little reason or logic to them changing their tactics of the last couple of years, they will defend and look to hit on the counter, we shouldn't underestimate the amount of energy Zambia expended during their win either, it was unexpected and gives them breathing space going into the next two games. Why can't they now go onto win the next two considering they have beaten what is considered the best team in the group? I would say tournament football is rarely so straightforward, the odds of 1.53 for another under 2.5 encounter seem fair enough to me, I can't see Libya going for it as they don't have the ability in the final third normal policy will be employed. Zambia have more attacking ability but they did in the qualifying rounds too and didn't score a goal against them. Under 2.5 goals - 1.53 betfred - 5 points
yes this is the right opinion.I think under 2.5 is the winning bet here.I will follow you mate.GL!!

Re: Libya v Zambia - Wednesday 25th January Yep, unders here as well. Initially I was put off by the fact that Zambia seem to concede and score quite a few, compared to other African sides, but looking at Libya's record and like HastGill says the head to heads it's hard to see many goals here. Although Zambia are probably the better team, there's not that much between them (Libya are actually ahead in the world rankings) and I can see Zambia settling for a draw if the scores are level late on, after already beating the group's best team in their first game.

Re: Equatorial Guinea v Senegal - Wednesday 25th January Equatorial Guineea vs Sengal I think will have a huge surprise on this one as Senegal will do everything to win, but I think will not be able to. Zambia is the kind of powerful team that can ounish you if you do not take your chances accordingly and that is what happened with Senegal. Equatorial Guineea is undefeated at home in the last matches, managing also a 1-1 with Cameroon. I think they know that a draw here is a golden result and I think they will try to stay undefeated. They will play home and that is very important! A draw would be perfect for home side as they compete directly by now with Senegal for going through the next stage! draw @ 3.62 with 5Dimes

Re: Equatorial Guinea v Senegal - Wednesday 25th January An excellent coefficient for a clear victory, the strongest team is Senegal. This alignment of forces in terms of the Guinea, caused very objective reasons. First, Eq. Guinea - a tournament where the are host country. Second, Senegal lost their first game to Zambia, which initially was considered a favorite. And thirdly, Eq. Guinea, which is generally predicted 0 points in the group, it is surprising that beat in the first game of Libya. But first, Equatorial Guinea has already exceeded its goal for this tournament and in any case become heroes in the eyes of their fans, and getting a good bonus for players of this team before and never seen again. So you can safely pick up the presents and hope for the championship. Second, Zambia is not like Guinea, Zambia is a team that have to hold in Group A second place just outside Senegal. And third, the victory over Guinea, Libya can not be considered. Was carried out to the Libyans and only crazy mood Guinea, as well as possible that enough that hosts the tournament only helped win a game in the tournament. Yes, and it is noted that the first matches of the Cup of Africa often stunning results. They now play Senegal, and usually lose points can not be so, and I think what they do and will not be. Only a general class of teams are much larger than the opponent. Equatorial Guinea is not only an outsider of the group A, but the most important from tournament. Guineans were in the CAS, for the first time in history, and then host the championship. Most of the players on this team play in the lower divisions of Spain, having been born in Spain and live there and act accordingly in local leagues. However, the level of these players are extremely low. It should be noted that Equatorial Guinea has one month before the CAS has lost its coach. Henri Michel had a fight with the administration and left the team. In its place was immediately occupied by the Brazilian expert whose contract entered into up to 2 months, that is understandable - but at least that was it. Paul leads a team of less than a month, that is, virtually nothing about the players do not know and build a kind of game this time is simply unrealistic. Probably the main star may be called Rodolfo Bodipo, who has experience, but it has 34 years and his best days have passed. As for Senegal, which are quality players, like teams from Cote Ivoire and Ghana are the favorites of the tournament. Backbone of the team's players are not representing the French and English clubs. In particular Bah, who scored the most goals for Newcastle, which allows the team to maintain a high position in the Premier League. I think today's show their true strength, Senegal and leaves no possibility Guinea frankly weak side in my oppinion. Play: Senegal 1.73 Bet365

Re: Libya v Zambia - Wednesday 25th January

Libya v Zambia Under 2.5 goals - 1.53 betfred - 5 points LOSS
Game kicked off an hour and a half late because of the rain and its pretty obvious it shouldn't have been played, tons of standing water on the pitch which made passing impossible. Both teams are just hoofing it into the penalty boxes because of this and there is tons more chances than expected. Basically made the analysis pointless! Under 2.5 was 1.4 at KO, currently 2-2 after 70mins..Onwards and upwards.

Re: Ivory Coast v Burkina Faso - Thursday 26th January

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Côte d'Ivoire v Burkina Faso (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Ivory Coast - Burkina Faso - 1

Re: Ivory Coast v Burkina Faso - Thursday 26th January Burkina faso +0.75 3.040 Pinnacle 1/10 Ridiculously low odds on Ivory coast, even though they have big stars the likes of Kalou and Drogba they are both ageing and was not the players they were under Ancelotti. Must admit Im not the biggest inside on this fixture, though my natural instinct is that Ivory coast is too short.

Ghana v Mali - Saturday 28th January [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ghana v Mali (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Equatorial Guinea v Zambia - Sunday 29th January [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Equatorial Guinea v Zambia (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.69 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.78 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Libya v Senegal - Sunday 29th January [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row1] [TD][TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Libya v Senegal (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.16 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Libya v Senegal - Sunday 29th January 4pts Libya vs Senegal - Over 2.5 goals 7/5 Stan James I quite like the look of goals in this match. Senegal's defence has been an absolute shambles in the tournament so far and Libya have looked ok without being anything fantastic going forward. The one thing we know about Senegal is they have goals in them and with Libya having to win they might commit one man too many and get caught by the strong Senegal attack with their pace and power. Senegal won't want to go home without a point to their name while Libya will do all they can to qualify for the next round so I fully expect there to be goals in this game. This CAN has suddenly found a few goals despite having a reputation for being a low scoring tournament and I expect the goals to continue to flow in this final match of the tournament for Senegal.

Re: Sudan v Burkina Faso - Monday 30th Janaury Anyone else think that over 1.5 @ 1.53 is value here? I like the look of it but not that confident having lost a bit in this tournament so far. Basically, I think overs has been value for most games so far; the market has overplayed the fact that tournament football favours unders games, and there have been a fair few overs games. I'm sure if you had played overs in every game you'd have made a good profit. Sudan are a defensive team with something like 25/30 of their last games going under 2.5 goals. Burkina Faso are more attacking and have a majority of overs games in the last three years. Sudan need to attack in this game so must abandon their defensive principles to some extent. They need to win with a two goal swing to qualify, and hope that Angola lose to Ivory Coast. It's not impossible. Burkina Faso meanwhile will be disappointed to have picked up no points so far and will be motivated to win this one, in my opinion, against supposedly weaker opponents. Both teams will try and win the game which normally equal goals. It's difficult to know to what extent Sudan will come out of their shell here because they are normally so defensive, although we saw in the Angola game they are capable of scoring goals and also that their defence is not airtight. In today's game with the same scenario, the normally defensive Libyans went forward needing to win and as a result we saw goals. Maybe the same will be true here. Either way from a value perspective I think overs is overpriced here. Either the over 1.5 @ 1.53 or for the more adventurous the over 2.5 @ 2.6ish. Would be interested in opinions...not sure if I will go for this or not myself yet but hopefully what I've written will at least be some food for thought.

Re: Ivory Coast v Angola - Monday 30th January Africa Cup of nations 19:00 Ivory Coast - Angola Angola X2 @ 2.20 skybet 3pts With draw resoults Angola will pass this group in second position and Ivory coast will be first! Ivory Coast has the quality and I dont see them losing this one but if they lose they are thru to second round, also I see Ivory Coast coach resting their main guns! Angola if loses has a chance to go otu if Sudan beats Burking Faso by 2 goals. So loss gets angola in tricky situation and this double chance loooks good IMO!

Re: Ivory Coast v Angola - Monday 30th January I am taking the draw @ 3.3 (widespread) with a view to trade. I think that like yesterday's Equatorial Guinea game, both teams will be reluctant to go forward, since a draw ensures Angola's qualification and Ivory Coast's top spot. Ivory Coast will be resting players so the teams will be relatively close in terms of quality, with the Ivorians still having the edge IMO. Can easily see it being 0-0 at half time, so good chances of being able to lay the draw for profit.

Re: Ivory Coast v Angola - Monday 30th January

I am taking the draw @ 3.3 (widespread) with a view to trade. I think that like yesterday's Equatorial Guinea game' date=' both teams will be reluctant to go forward, since a draw ensures Angola's qualification and Ivory Coast's top spot. Ivory Coast will be resting players so the teams will be relatively close in terms of quality, with the Ivorians still having the edge IMO. Can easily see it being 0-0 at half time, so good chances of being able to lay the draw for profit.[/quote'] Just reading that starting gk for angola carlos fernandes is out what do people think about over 2tonight especially with the last game between these two being 4-3?