** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

African Nations Cup 2012

Re: Final - Zambia v Ivory Coast - Sun 12th Feb Ivory Coast @ 1.57 (Skybet) Ivory Coast have the better quality and experience out of the two teams. This is the chance for this much vaunted IC side to finally show their talent by winning a trophy, and it may be Drogba's last chance at doing so. They have been impressive so far, yet to concede a goal in the tournament and winning every match. Zambia have done well to get this far, but if you look at the leagues their players play in you can see they are weaker than IC. Most players play in Zambia or South Africa; I think only two play in Europe. They are also quite low down the FIFA world rankings, they are about 71- lower than Libya and Mali- compared to IC who are about 15th in the world. The game against Ghana showed they have talent, but they also looked a bit shaky at the end when they were hanging on for the win. I think there's a good chance the nerves will get to them at this grand stage, although you could maybe say the same for the Ivorians. It will be a major upset if Zambia manage to hold the IC in 90 minutes, more so than the odds suggest, in my opinion.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Final - Zambia v Ivory Coast - Sun 12th Feb Ivory Coast vs Zambia Another thrilling match that will offer us a chance to win on a good odd as Ivory Coast looks to win this trophy without conceding a goal. With their solid team they have and their defensive style of play should be possible to achieve this. Zambia is a surprise for everyone here and they are going to enjoy their final presence. Lucky winner against Ghana do not hink they will come so closer to the goal in this one! Expect Ivory COast to win to nil @ 2.10 with bet365

Re: Final - Zambia v Ivory Coast - Sun 12th Feb Zambia vs Ivory Coast Totally agree with pgyid that Ivory Coast are the superior team and should get the win here. They’ve been in excellent nick this tournament, impermeable in defence conceding no goals thus far and are good scorers by African Cup standards with an average of 2 goals a game. With the big game players they have in the likes of the Toure’s and Drogba and plenty others playing at top level European clubs they should have enough experience to not be overawed by the occasion. The same can not be said about Zambia, who whilst performing admirably to get this far have stuttered a little at times and needed late-ish goals to win games and have benefitted from a couple of sending offs of opposition players. Ivory Coast have scored in the first half of every game and if they can do that again then I fancy them to want to put on a show and may be able to push on and get a few more goals. Drogba will be keen for the golden boot and I think this so called golden generation may well finally put on the show that there country has been expecting of them for the last 6 or so years. Ivory Coast to win 1.57 at Victor Chandler (5 / 10 units) Ivory Coast over 1.5 team goals 1.95 at Stan James (1.5 / 10 units) Ivory Coast over 2.5 team goals 4.33 at Sporting Bet (0.5 / 10 units) :hope

Re: Final - Zambia v Ivory Coast - Sun 12th Feb [TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Football (Internationals) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Ivory Coast v Zambia [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Ivory Coast [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]12/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Boylesports @ 1.57 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Hard to see past an Ivory Coast victory. I was on Zambia last time out and they were lucky to get the win v Ghana. Ghana have gone and lost 2-0 to Mali tonight, i know it was a nothing game, but still not impressive. Ivory Coast have too many big players in their side. Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Gervinho, Drogba but a few and they should have double the possession Zambia will have, they are extremely solid at the back, they have gone several games without conceding a goal, and with Zambia not having much fire-power up front, should be a cosy victory for the Ivory Coast. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]