** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NFL: Divisional Playoffs

blackcrow

Re: NFL: Divisional Playoffs Green Bay - New York This will be a tough battle. Green bay poseses great offense but the Gians haven't had their their defense healthy all season on paper they look worse than they are. On the other hand looking at the stats the Packers have one of the worst defenses around but yet their opponents haven't mangaed to put the points on the board against them, like New England for example. It will be very cold in Green Bay and that shouls effect the passinfg game for both teams. The Giants will their great pass rush and in a physical battle I think the clock will get chewed up much more than people expect. The running game for eather team is not their best part, so under shows decent value here. Under is 7-1 in Giants last 8 playoff games. Under is 5-2 in Giants last 7 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game. Pick: U 47.5 @ 3.00 Sportingbet

Re: NFL: Divisional Playoffs I have no money on the game, and no preference as to who wins, so no bias one way or the other... That was a shocking decision the ruling over whether Jennings was stripped of the ball or was down by contact. The ball was clearly out before he contacted the floor. Not even borderline!! That could potentially be a 14pt swing in the game right there. I don't understand how a wrong decision can be given, given they have access to so many replay angles! (as I type, Kuhn goes arse over tit for the TD)

Re: NFL: Divisional Playoffs

I have no money on the game, and no preference as to who wins, so no bias one way or the other... That was a shocking decision the ruling over whether Jennings was stripped of the ball or was down by contact. The ball was clearly out before he contacted the floor. Not even borderline!! That could potentially be a 14pt swing in the game right there. I don't understand how a wrong decision can be given, given they have access to so many replay angles! (as I type, Kuhn goes arse over tit for the TD)
totally agree mind you, i seem to rememebr a call in the SF-Saints game yesterday which was even worse the refs are a joke sometimes

Ok. I should have taken the +9 yesterday that i saw but you live you learn..... New york giants (+8.5) to beat green bay 5/6 bluesq ;) New york giants to beat green bay 29/10 bet365 ;) If there is one team in the nfl that is built perfectly to dispose the world of these pesky packers it is the new york giants. Arguably they are the best pass rushing unit in the league with the likes of umeniora (spelling?), tuck and jpp. To be able to cover all the weapons that the packers have you must have an elite pass rush and be able to drop seven into coverage. New york can achieve this both giving rodgers less time to pick out the pass and sufficient numbers to cover the likes of the returning jennings and jordy nelson etc. The pass rushers must also maintain their "contain" and keep rodgers in the pocket as if he is able to roll away from the pass rush to buy time he can pick the pass or take off for a first down. The inconsistent jermichael finley is likely to be the x factor. If rodgers gets him involved early and often new york will have a problem as he is the likliest mismatch in the secondary as a linebacker will not be able to cover him. Eli manning has quietly put together a superb season and is one of at most four quarterbacks in the league that will be able to keep up with Rodgers as no matter how well you defend him the pack will put some points on the board. New york also have a better running game that has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few weeks of the season and can eat the clock should they get a lead. I believed that the giants would win at home to the packers in the regular season and they fell just short. Things are not likely to be any easier in the road on the playoffs but the giants will have learnt lessons from that game just as in 2007 when they lost late on the year by a narrow margin to the pats before defeating them in the superbowl. New york is a team that is playing their best football and is game tested by one of the leagues toughest schedules this year. New england and green bay are built in very similar fashions and the giants beat the pats. The giants are a team with nothing to lose here.............dont say you werent warned ;)
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

totally agree mind you, i seem to rememebr a call in the SF-Saints game yesterday which was even worse the refs are a joke sometimes
The fumble on the first drive. Ivory (or Sproles?)...was the most blatant helmet to helmet contact I've seen all year. He was out cold before he hit the ground...no call. Fumble. I don't particularly like the rule, but given some of the super soft personal foul calls over the season, to turn a blind eye to that was was laughable. :\ Nice call on the Giants dan. :cheers

Re: NFL: Divisional Playoffs Houston @ 4.05 :@ Houston lose 20-13 with Baltimore scoring 17 of their points off turnovers. NE to beat them next week Houston to win AFC :( Houston to win SB :( Green Bay -13.5 @ 3.00 :eek :puke In shock to be beaten by the Giants, with once again, turnovers being the deciding factor. Rodgers had an uncharacteristically poor game Playoff record: 5-5 (+2.81)

Re: NFL: Divisional Playoffs The Giants looked great the refs were totally against them much like the 2008 NFCCG which they won as well, kudos to them. Three major blown calls on fumbles in the Lions/Saints, Bronco/Steeler and now Giants/Pack games. The Lions were the only team to lose in the end but these blown calls are appalling at times. I can understand not seeing something in real time but to have the benefit of replays and to not even give an explanation like the Jennings fumble is very unprofessional.