** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9)

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) 1/0 since i sorted nba out . So lets continue again with this pick . Raptors vs Timberwolves 1st Quarter under 47 points Raptors are playing D this season n a little out of sync offensively of late . will be fresh after that loss to phili . wolves playing b2b after last night . another game tomorrow for them . Thought of taking 2nd quarter unders but Rubio is a guy i worry as he's not a starter and he will get assists to increase the point total . So the best way to do it is to go for the under in the 1st quarter and hope last night's exertions at wizards will affect them at the start .

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Philadelphia - Indiana Its a speculative bet as Indiana might miss out on three very important players - two of them starters - in this game. Granger and Hibbert - both of them best scorers in the team and Hibbert best reboundre aswell. Out maybe also Hill. I believe they all should at least start on the bench as the season is still very long. All in all trends show that Pacers should have an edge here, but with those misses i believe 76ers should cover the spread easily. 76ers -7 @ 1.89 Pinnacle

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Bobcats +11.5 @ Knicks. 1.87 @ Pinnacle This must be a joke. Knicks are not that good to crush anybody these days, especially team like Bobcats and especially after losing to them by 8 points at home like 5 days ago. +11.5 on Bobcats looks like a huge bargain to me. Bulls -13 vs Pistons. 1.83 @ Pinnacle Bulls will be up for this one for sure after losing to Hawks who were playing back to back to back. Pistons have not got stronger since the last season. Jerebko is playing solid ball game but the overall picture is bleak. Bulls have quality all over the place, even the bench looks good this season. Should be a demolition in this one. Bulls won by 16 in Detroit 5 days ago...

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Rubio came in late in the first quarter and destroyed us . One 3 point assist and one 3 pointer . Dun think i need to say how important he is in points . I was expecting him to play late first quarter and most of 2nd quarter anyway . Ul , :eyes 1/1 now

1/1 since i sorted nba out . So lets continue again with this pick . Raptors vs Timberwolves 1st Quarter under 47 points Raptors are playing D this season n a little out of sync offensively of late . will be fresh after that loss to phili . wolves playing b2b after last night . another game tomorrow for them . Thought of taking 2nd quarter unders but Rubio is a guy i worry as he's not a starter and he will get assists to increase the point total . So the best way to do it is to go for the under in the 1st quarter and hope last night's exertions at wizards will affect them at the start .

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) 76ers - Kings Best defence in the league against one of worst teams so far. I cant see Kings having any chance against this Phily team, but the spread is quite high and Phily is on b2b game, hence i will take the unders here, as this is the logical choice, Kings dont have any great shooters which can wound 76ers d and with mentioned Philys defence which allows only 39% fg it is logical that the play is on under. Also Kings miss out on Hayes, while Evans is a doubt. Line is too high for quite some points imo and i will take it. under198.5 @ 1.93 pinnacle

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Back for a revenge after rubio finished me off yesterday with his appearance :rollin Wizards vs Raptors Raptors Half time handicap +1 I know raptors are on back 2 back , something which i hate a lot though . Just dont think it will affect the first half performance , maybe on the late end performance though . Raptors used up a lot of energy yesterday to dispose of timberwolves late on , holding them to a long scoring drought from with 7 mins + left in the game to break a tie and win by 10 points . The defensive intensity could be used against the wizards , who in my opinion are playing the worst basketball of their lives this season so far . Wizards coach was saying scouting reports are sent to players the day before a match but the players are not reading them speaks something about their team chemistry at the moment . With the team in such disarray , i wont be surprised if raptors hold them to very low scores and win a first half dominated by defense from the raptors . Jazz vs Cavs Jazz has been a solid home team so far this season . I saw their game against memphis and they played tight and well despite being down for most parts of the first half due to their turnovers . Cavs on the other hand are not good road travellers anyway . With a solid home team vs a poor traveller , i'm going for the home team and while this might be a close game , i think the strong home team is good enough for at least a 3 point lead at half time . Jazz -2.5 First half handicap

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) I really hate back to back . I'm gonna stay clear of teams with back to back games in future . Raptors playing so well in the 1st quarter and was up 6 at one stage . 2nd quarter is a joke , offensively out of sync . Jazz shooting % is so high , and yet the cavs are hanging with them . I'm surprised it took them so long to get the 9 point half time lead . Close one though phew . 2/2 overall now since i got nba figured out .

Back for a revenge after rubio finished me off yesterday with his appearance :rollin Wizards vs Raptors Raptors Half time handicap +1 I know raptors are on back 2 back , something which i hate a lot though . Just dont think it will affect the first half performance , maybe on the late end performance though . Raptors used up a lot of energy yesterday to dispose of timberwolves late on , holding them to a long scoring drought from with 7 mins + left in the game to break a tie and win by 10 points . The defensive intensity could be used against the wizards , who in my opinion are playing the worst basketball of their lives this season so far . Wizards coach was saying scouting reports are sent to players the day before a match but the players are not reading them speaks something about their team chemistry at the moment . With the team in such disarray , i wont be surprised if raptors hold them to very low scores and win a first half dominated by defense from the raptors . Jazz vs Cavs Jazz has been a solid home team so far this season . I saw their game against memphis and they played tight and well despite being down for most parts of the first half due to their turnovers . Cavs on the other hand are not good road travellers anyway . With a solid home team vs a poor traveller , i'm going for the home team and while this might be a close game , i think the strong home team is good enough for at least a 3 point lead at half time . Jazz -2.5 First half handicap

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Nba 11-12 / 7W - 7L Magic @ Blazers Blazers -2.5 @ 1.85 Pinnacle Rose Garden has been a fortress so far, 6 home games, 6 wins (vs Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets...). It's a b2b for the Blazers but I still don't know how to rate this b2b stuff. I mean Lakers, OKC, Nuggets and Hawks all had b2b2b games and they won them all. I think it might be a bigger factor in a couple of weeks but right now teams should cope with it, especially at home in a normal b2b. Magic with fresh legs, won 2 of 4 road games (W @ Charlotte/Sacramento / L @ OKC/Detroit), always a force to reckon with. But what do they really rely on: Dwight and three point shooting. Take away the three pointers and it will be tough for them to compete here, and that's excactly what I expect the Blazers to do: they allow only 23.7% in three point shooting which is the league's best figure so far.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Raptors vs Kings. Over 187.5 points. 1.81 @ Pinnacle Looked at this match straight away and set a line of about 200 total points and in fairness could see it being even higher. Bookies have other ideas and I simply have to go for overs here as the offer is 187.5 points. Kings can not defend, especially on the road. Raptors are highly offensive team and Kings like to run as well. This will not be a boring match. And they usually score well, there have not been unders in this fixture for 4 years which kind of tells the story. Pacers vs Hawks. Over 181.5 points. 1.85 @ Pinnacle I see overs in this one as well. Pacers have improved a lot lately and Hawks have been scoring very well this season. Thought they would not after three OTs against Miami but they came out the very next day and put up 109 pts against Bulls. That is against very good Chicago D. Marvin Williams is missing but Atlanta will be fine as he is not scoring like 20 per game. Sixers +4.5 @ Knicks. 1.83 @ Pinnacle Philly are on an impressive 6 game run. Knicks have won three in a row themselves two but have beaten only crap teams like Wizards, Bobcats and Pistons. For me Philly has got an advantage in terms of being a more complete team. Knicks still have not got a ture PG and are all about Amare and Melo. Think Sixers might actually come away with a W from MSG but playing safe here and chosing handicap of 4.5 pts. Spurs vs Rockets. Over 197.5 points. 1.86 @ Pinnacle No Ginobili, no problems, it seems for Spurs. They are really running this year and shooting well whilst defense is missing big time. No idea what's going on there but it is what it is. Rockets are quite similar and have been overish team just like Spurs are. If Bucks could score over 100 pts on Spurs the Rockets might do the same as well. Doesn't care who does the biggest part of the job here but it should well over 200 pts line. Lakers to win @ Jazz. 1.81 @ Pinnacle Hard to believe that Jazz have won five in a row and even managed to win away from home. They have struggled a lot against Lakers in the past. Obviously, this is different Lakers team this year but I reckon they can still beat Jazz who are overrated for this match. There's not much going on in that team. Just isolate big Al and you've got a winning formula. Simple as that. Lakers crushed them by 25 @ Staples in December and were playing worse back then. Have to with LAL win in this one with odds like this. Trail Blazers -2 vs Magic. 1.79 @ Pinnacle Have been really impressed with Portland this year. Felton has added a better PG option to them and they have got quality all over the place. Magic still rely too much on Howard and their 3pt shooting. I think team game wins today and Portland come away with a win. Have chosen to play them on -2 pts spread.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Wade over 22.5 @ 1.84 Wade returned in game vs. Warriors, after three game lay off, and scored 34. To look at it, both defences of GSW and Clippers are pretty much the same, they allow pretty similar points and Wade looks on fire. I think line is set just too low as Wade can cross this without bigger problems, i just hope for not to big advantage and rest for Wade in alst quarter. A.Stoudamire over 8.5 rebs @ 1.93 pinnacle Dont know why the line is set only on this level. I mean Amare is the man for rebounds @ Knicks - next to Chandler, and i believe this game should be pretty tight so more minutes for Amare and more chances to grab another double double. 76ers allowing 44 rbs againts them so far, and with godd defendce i reckon Amare should get one or two offensive rbds and compensate others with def. rbds - one good thing is that 76ers are on third b2b game in three days, so probably shooting wont me on top level.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Magic -2 @ Warriors. 1.80 @ Pinnacle Warriors have won only one of the last six matches and that was a gift from Heat who let slip away 17 points lead. Shame on Miami. Magic had an impressive win against very good Portland team in their last outing. Warriors have all sorts of problems. Steff Curry is out, Kwame Brown is most likely done for the season which brings up the question about who's gonna be dealing with Dwight Howard. The answer is simple - nobody. Biedrins is crap, weak and will get into foul trouble early on. Magic is a very good three point shooting team. If they won't get tons of points from the paint and Howard they can score from down town. All in all should be an away win.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) NBA 11-12 7W-8L Wizards @ 76ers 76ers - 12,5 @ 1.91 Sportingbet Simple reasoning, 76ers are the best defensive team so far, Wizards are the worst offensive team. At home 76ers played and won against Pistons by 23 Raptors by 35 Pacers by 10 Kings by 27 None of those teams (especially not the Pacers) is as bad as the Wizards, well, maybe the Pistons. On the road Wizards played and lost against Hawks by 18 Bucks by 21 Celtics by 8 Magic by 18 Bulls (without Rose) by 14. So I hope that it won't be a big problem for the 76ers to win by such a margin when even teams like the Bucks did it. One could say a lot about the 76ers and their development under coach Collins, in one word: it is beautiful, 76ers are - without any big names - a great team and should be a force to reckon with in the rather weak East. No b2b.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Suns - Nets The Nets have been terrible so far, and despite some improvement in the lat 2 performances, I'm still not sold that their problems are over. They have trouble scoring and this won't get solved overnight. I talked about Phoenix yesterday and they played exactly like I expected. They are far from the power scoring team they used to be and this will continue as the old guys just can't carry the burden any more. The stats tell the true story and both of these teams average in the 90's on their home - away and recent form. To go with stats there are some trends: Under is 6-2 in Nets last 8 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game. Under is 8-3 in Nets last 11 games following a ATS win. Under is 23-7-1 in Suns last 31 games following a double-digit loss at home. Under is 24-8 in Suns last 32 games following a S.U. loss. Pick: U192 @ 2.40 Bet365

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9)

Event Boston Celtics - Chicago Bulls
Selection Bulls
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.77
Reasoning Chicago Bulls are the best team in NBA right now holding record 10-2 they won five out of last six games including 83-74 at Orlando Magic in the last road game. The Magic were unbeaten so far at home sitting on the third place in Eastern Conference before the game with Chicago. Chicago Bulls hold 6-2 away record, they are going in Boston after failed in both games past season there. On the other hand the Celtics are in poor fit loosing the last three games including two in a row at home. Boston failed when host Indiana 74-87 and weak champion Dallas 85-90. Chicago has Derec Rose MVP for the last season and they can not be stopped here.

Event San Antonio Spurs - Portland Trailblazers
Selection Portland Trailblazers
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.05
Reasoning Well San Antonio hold incredible 7-0 record at home so far in the season but they were in trouble in last two games against Denver and Houston. It is a question of time someone to stop Spurs at home and I will back it to happen today. Portland Trailblazers stopped the best team in West Oklahoma City 93-103 on road so that team has good quality. Portland won nine of last ten games against Spurs including three out of last four visits at AT&T Center. Another reason for me backing road team is that the best Spurs player Manu Ginobili is out after he broke his hand.

Event Denver Nuggets - Miami Heat
Selection Heat -3.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97
Reasoning After three losses out of last four road games now Miami will Denver Nuggets who hold 5-1 home record. It seems that Miami will struggle against but I think that will not happen they understood that if take the lead and allowed host team to reach them in result then failed in overtime as we sow that three times in last four Miami road games. However Denver played against not so strong teams at home so far in the season, even more they failed with 13 points spread 81-94 at home against weak New Orleans who has won only three out of ten games. Miami has Lebron, Wade, Bosh who should try to start winning their games if doesn't want to miss Chicago for the first place.

Event New Orleans Hornets - Minnesota Timberwolves
Selection New Orleans Hornets -4 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 13/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.75
Reasoning New Orleans seeks to their second win in six home games today. The Hornets succeed to defeat strong Denver Nuggets on road few days ago with 13 points spread and why not today to cover this poor handicap of 4 points. Denver recorded first loss at home they hold 5-1 record there right now. The Hornets won seven out of last nine games against Minnesota in past three years. At the moment Timberwolves are also weak team, two losses out of three road games. Minnesota failed against other weak teams who have no chances to make the playoff in Toronto 97-87, Minnesota 98-95. The value definitely lies on host team and I will back them.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) NBA 2011-12 8W-8L Nets @ Jazz Jazz -7,5 @ 1.88 Pinnacle Jazz pretty solid so far, won 5 of 6 home games, had a nice five-game winning streak before they lost against the Lakers in overtime. That was three days ago, so they have fresh legs. For the Nets it's a b2b and the third game in four days. Last night they won against the Suns in Phoenix but Nash and Hill were out and D-Will had a massive game with 35 points (hitting 61%) and 14 assists, I rate him very high but he can't do that every night. In a weak East they're still one of the worst teams, are probably struggling with their chemistry (as D-Will is talking a lot about his frustration) and should be rather exhausted. I think we have good conditions here for a solid Jazz win.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Mavs vs Kings. Over 193.5 points. 1.84 @ Pinnacle I think this match has every chance to reach 200 points. Kings can hurt Mavericks inside with Cousins because Mavs don't have a legit center. Haywood won't be able to stop Cousins anyway. Dallas don't defend this season as well as they did last term. Should be a high scoring match. Clippers vs Lakers. Over 187 points. 1.83 @ Pinnacle Another overish match. Clippers take on Lakers, both these two played couple times in pre-season with Clippers coming out on top on both occasions. I think they will win today as well because it's B2B for Lakers and their bench is not commiting as good as LAL would want. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin show means high offense. I reckon this line is set too short. Kobe will get 40+ and the rest of Lakers team will helpt out getting the rest. Overs for me.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) NBA 11-12 / 9W-8L Jazz @ Nuggets Nuggets -9,5 @ 1.85 Pinnacle I already wrote a lot about the Nuggets as I really like their roster, the way they play and the work of coach Karl. Maybe they'll struggle in the playoffs because they don't have a go-to-guy, but other than that they are young, fast and deep. They already played against the Jazz at home two weeks ago and won by 17, they won 6 of 7 home games, last game was against the Heat and they won by 13. So basically they can get a double digit win at home against every team, and because of their enormous bench (averaging 44 PPG) they usually don't slow down in 4th quarters. Jazz were a good pick yesterday and, as I wrote, are a solid team so far. But a) they're not on the same level as the Nuggets and b) probably rely too much on home advantage but that's something we need to explore over the season. On the road they lost against the Lakers by 25 and the Spurs by 15 (+Nuggets by 17), but won against the Warriors by 1 which is not too remarkable in my eyes. Nuggets should have fresh legs as they didn't play yesterday, Jazz on a b2b but it's 'only' the third game in five days, so they should be fine, too. Maybe a little advantage here for the Nuggets, add home advantage and general superiority and they should win by double digits.

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) :ok I'll join you on that one BD... ...I'll also add; Detroit v. GS over 187 (1.91 @ Sportingbet) Some big trends for the over (Det in a 10-1-1 spot which is 12-0 over this no.), and both teams D is pretty bad... ...GS have allowed 97+ in 7 of their last 8, and Det 92+ in 6 of their last 7. I know Det aren't a high scoring team, but pretty sure GS can carry them along to match this total, which really shouldn't be below 190, imo. :cheers

Re: NBA Week 3. (Mon. Jan 9) Tonight in the NBA gives us a match between the Jazz and the Nuggets. Both teams have been playin well, but under the surface ist's not all peachy. Utah has played a majority of their games at home, hence they probably look better than they are. They are putting up 94 ppg on average, but in their away games that comes down to just 87 ppg. On the defensive end they have been doing ok, keeping their opponents below 100 points the majority of the time. The Nuggets have scored heavilly up to now this season, putting up 105 ppg an average overall & at home. The defense has been doing enough for them to win games, with 98 ppg average overall, which is down to 96 ppg in their home games. With the Jazz having some offensive problems, and their defense stepping up in recent games, I see value in taking the under in this one. Under is 9-1-1 in Jazz last 11 games following a ATS win. Under is 8-2 in Jazz last 10 games as a road underdog. Under is 13-5-2 in Nuggets last 20 games playing on 1 days rest. Under is 5-2 in Nuggets last 7 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game. Pick: U 205 @ 2.25 10bet