** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1

maliniok

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 This is my first post on here, but I've been keeping track of the forums for a good few months now and enjoy looking out for some rather helpful tips. Thought I'd make use of FA Cup 3rd Round weekend to offer my advice on the forthcoming games... MK Dons vs QPR Saw a stat earlier this morning that QPR hadn't won a 3rd round tie since 2001, which is a shocking record! And I can't see that record ending at Stadium:MK tomorrow. The Dons are a solid side at home and have won 4 out of their last 5, so confidence will be high as they push for promotion from League 1. QPR under Warnock, on the other hand, will not be taking the cup too seriously and he's said he'll be giving some of his fringe players a chance. I see this as an ideal chance for MK Dons to reach the 4th round for the first time in their history. DNB seems a slightly safer option. MK Dons to win @ 17/10 MK Dons DNB @ 5/6 both with bet365 Crawley Town vs Bristol City At this stage last year Crawley were somewhat of an unknown quantity and were tipped by many to beat Derby - they did. However, this year I feel that despite their good league form a gap of two divisions may well be too much to ask. The Robins have picked up since Derek McInnes came in, and they look good odds to secure a win at the weekend. Bristol City DNB @ 6/5 with bet365 My other selections have already been mentioned in the thread, and I picked them for pretty much the same reasons. They are: Aston Villa (1/2) to win at Bristol Rovers: As we saw with Birmingham last year, McLeish takes the cup very seriously and quite simply I feel an inconsistent Villa will have more than enough to beat managerless Rovers. Stoke (8/13) to win at Gillingham: Again, the difference in divisions will allow Stoke to win here. Pulis is another one who takes the cup seriously, although he will make changes tomorrow.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Again another boring bet for me here but more to win back another point I lost in the week.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Cups)
EventSpurs v Cheltenham
SelectionSpurs
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 1.11
ReasoningJust simply a Very good Premiership side at home against a side from a few leagues lower. Spurs want to win trophies to confirm that they are becoming a big club. They have to win games like this.

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1

Unfortunately I think our cup run is going to come to an end on Saturday, the drama between Scally and Pulis is certainly an interesting background to the tie, basically Pulis had already decided to move to Bristol City before our Second Division Play-off final against Man City (believe it or not) in '99, he tried to 'blackmail' Scally four days before the final knowing he was going to City regardless of the result, he believed he was owed money based on player sales and other bonuses, Scally refused to pay and it went to court with Pulis claiming wrongful dismissal against the club. I believe it ended in a settlement and plenty of bad blood.. Fast forward to today and obviously the two men have gone in pretty different directions, Pulis is flying high with Stoke and we are back where it started with Pulis in the bottom rung of the football league. Stoke won't be playing a first team but it will be strong and similar, if not stronger, to the sides they put out in the Europa League games, it seems likely it will be similar to the following; ----------------------Begovic---------------------- -Wilkinson----Woodgate-----Upson----Higginbotham- -Pennant-------Palacios--------Delap--------Jerome- ----------------Fuller--------Jones----------------- On a side note it looks like Crouch won't be playing, all Gills fans would love to see him out there, due to the content of his autobiography that was released a few years ago. If he does play he will receive absolute dogs abuse, I can't see it though, the situation is discussed in the article below if you are interested: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/oct/26/newsstory.gillingham Their team will I think be strong they were, of course, finalists last year, and I can't see Pulis taking any chances, especially considering his history with us. We are on a decent run at the moment, but with Frank Nouble going back to West Ham and Jo Kuffour back to Bristol Rovers (scored 7 in 12 for us) we are massively short of attacking options. I expect us to line-up like we did on Monday against Aldershot with Danny Kedwell up-front on his own, supported by Curtis Weston who is a central midfielder and/or Chris Whelpdale who is a right winger. We will be playing essentially a 4-5-1, our defence is slow, Matt Lawrence and Andy Frampton at the back have no pace and I expect us to be exposed on more than a few occasions. I have been to a fair few games this season, against Aldershot we had little going forward, they were a poor side but as I have seen plenty of times when we don't have two up front Kedwell struggles and we struggle to score. We are a decent League Two side but there is a massive difference between that and the Premiership, I don't think we have the weapons in the side to cause them problems, Kedwell will run all day but with no-one to play alongside him he will really be up against it. We have a decent midfield but are not a big side and I can see us being bullied out of it, the Stoke side is not one to be out battled and if there were one team you would back to beat a league two side away it would be Stoke with their team of 6 footers. I can't see them being intimidated and I can't see us causing them problems in attack with the current line-up, away win for me, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep a clean sheet either. Stoke - 1.67 - Ladbrokes Stoke -1AH - 2.1 - Paddypower
To add to my earlier comments there has been more drama today :lol..firstly the match was threatened to be called off in a row over policing costs, but that has now been resolved with Medway Council confirming it will def go ahead. Scally had the opportunity to gain Gills fans respect by keeping his mouth shut for a change, but unfortunately he loves the sound of his own voice far too much.. He has banned Pulis from all parts of the stadium, apart from the teamcoach, changing room and dugout :eyes, when the Sky interviewer asked him if he would like to shake hands with Pulis and bury the hatchet, he said the only place he would bury the hatchet is in Pulis's head. Don't know if this will effect anyones betting decisions but Scally must have just given Pulis a bit more motivation for tomorrow..

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Sheff Utd v Salisbury City 84 places divide these 2 teams with Utd gunning for promotion back to the Championship and City struggling in the Conference South with a record of W2 D2 L5 away from home. Their 34 yr old player manager includes himself in the lineup tomorrow as the squad has been hit with illness. Utd not expected to change much following the defeat at Carlisle on Monday which came on the back of an 8 game win streak. Utd are strong at home and there's too much of a gulf between these two. I expect a comfortable win for the Blades 1.20 for the straight win so not bad in a combo, or else: Utd to win to nil @ 1.90 Betfair

Nigel has said our current available squad of about 18 players will continue to be used. Expect we'll have a similar side out to our last three sides' date=' maybe a couple of players who've been on the bench given a start but dont expect any major changes.[/quote'] Nice one South Eastern thanks for responding to my earlier post _ Back Derby to win

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Manchester City v Manchester United I fancy City to edge this in what I feel will be a tight game with little goals. The price of City at 6/5 is good enough for me to take but i would not be as confident to take it if it dropped much lower. United are missing many key players at the moment and have looked very out of sorts in their last two games against Blackburn and Newcastle, both of which they lost. Citys form has not been as impressive recently as earlier in the season, however they looked back in business at home to Liverpool on Tuesday night this will give them confidence going into Sundays game. Only blows are missing Yaya Toure and possibly Ballotelli. The reason for few goals are that City have only scored 8 from their last 6 games, much less than they were earlier in the year. Rooney is Uniteds main goal threat and he looked very out of sorts on Wednesday night, I don't rate Berbatov in the bigger games also so cant see him getting on the scoresheet. Finally, 5 of the last 6 clashes between the two sides at City's ground have went under 2.5 goals and under 1.5 goals. Selections: Manchester City @ 2.2 with Betfair - 4 units Under 2.5 goals @ evens with Betfair - 4 units 1-0 City @ 10 with Betfair - 1 unit

Manchester City v Manchester United I fancy City to edge this in what I feel will be a tight game with little goals. The price of City at 6/5 is good enough for me to take but i would not be as confident to take it if it dropped much lower. United are missing many key players at the moment and have looked very out of sorts in their last two games against Blackburn and Newcastle, both of which they lost. Citys form has not been as impressive recently as earlier in the season, however they looked back in business at home to Liverpool on Tuesday night this will give them confidence going into Sundays game. Only blows are missing Yaya Toure and possibly Ballotelli. The reason for few goals are that City have only scored 8 from their last 6 games, much less than they were earlier in the year. Rooney is Uniteds main goal threat and he looked very out of sorts on Wednesday night, I don't rate Berbatov in the bigger games also so cant see him getting on the scoresheet. Finally, 5 of the last 6 clashes between the two sides at City's ground have went under 2.5 goals and under 1.5 goals. Selections: Manchester City @ 2.2 with Betfair - 4 units Under 2.5 goals @ evens with Betfair - 4 units 1-0 City @ 10 with Betfair - 1 unit
Barry is suspended and Dzeko and Nasri are doubts (ok, both not most important players but with Balotelli unavailable, Dzeko would play).

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 My bets failed, however i made over 100 euros today with minimal bets in live game with pool to win first half (played at 40 mins, 5.00 odds), game over 5.5 @ 80 mins (2 goals after :D) and had a massive profit :D Good luck everyone, celta and valencien paid well as well! kudos to the other tipsters helped me bet!

My bets failed' date=' [b']however i made over 100 euros today with minimal bets in live game with pool to win first half (played at 40 mins, 5.00 odds), game over 5.5 @ 80 mins (2 goals after :D) and had a massive profit :D Good luck everyone, celta and valencien paid well as well! kudos to the other tipsters helped me bet!
Does anyone really care?

Liverpool vs Oldham Liverpool -2.5 2.325 188 10/10 Liverpool -2.25 2.08 188 10/10
Excellent night, +25 units profit. Though Oldham conceading 5 goals is harsh on them, having created some chances. Liverpool were lucky at times but most satisfied about what I predicted before the game and saw what I expected during. Knew Dalglish was going to put out a strong squad! I might even start doing some trading on betfair predicting lineups... though I will probably fail horribly. For tommorow (SAT 07th) Ive got my sights on: Swindon vs Wigan, Norwich vs Burnley Newcastle vs Blackburn Wolves vs Birmingham Nice weekend of sports to look forward to, with a Manchester derby and the BDO.

You don't have to be so hostile' date=' i just wanted to thank the people that helped me actually win.[/quote'] True, you did thank them. However, you also afterevented on the in-play bets, a personal bugbear of mine. Doesn't help anyone you saying that you won those bets. Comes across as a cry for attention to mask a loss. Although I suspect that's not what you intended it to be.

I m sorry i m rather new to the forum' date=' all i want is to contribute. [b']I will now stop posting and keep the offtopic to a minimum, and simply wish everyone a good weekend with profits.
Don't be silly. Continue to post. Just lay low on the aftereventing, it's not appreciated by many. Or, you can post in-play bets in the live score section. That way, people can benefit from your selections :ok

For tommorow (SAT 07th) Ive got my sights on: Swindon vs Wigan, Norwich vs Burnley Newcastle vs Blackburn Wolves vs Birmingham Nice weekend of sports to look forward to, with a Manchester derby and the BDO.
So whats your opinion on those games?

So whats your opinion on those games?
Ive not completely decided yet, but I will reach a conclusion before kick-off tommorow. Main idea is Goals in the Wigan game, Rovers has value away to Newcastle, Norwich to win at home and Wolves to progress/replay against birmingham.

Coventry to beat Southampton 11/4 most firms Southampton are not the force away from home that they are at home. They have won only three of their 12 away games this season which is poor for a team topping the table. Their recent form has also been poor winning only 1 of their last 6 and culminating with the 3-0 defeat at Brighton. The FA cup is likely to be be a low priority for Manager Adkins who will probably rest some key players and he will also be without leading scorer Lambert due to suspension. Coventry are no world beaters but have improved of late and must have better than a 11/4 chance against a weakened out of form Southampton who are more concerned about the league
Backing my team then! We've picked up in the last 3 games (2 home wins followed by narrow 1-0 loss away at West Ham). Lucas Jutkiewicz is 50/50 with a knock. May not play him due to the possible sale of him this month. Thorn said if he's fit he'll definitely play though. Sammy Clingan is injured. Like you say Lambert is a big miss and southampton are inconsistent away from home. They beat us 4-2 at the Ricoh earlier in the season but that was when they were firing and Lambert played. It's our 25 year anniversary since we won the FA Cup so players will wear the cup winning kit. Only problem is we lack goals. We play some lovely football with little end product. Top goalscorer is Jutkiewicz with 9 goals, next group of players have only got 2 goals. 11/4 is great value for a home team in the fa cup against a team in the same league. Our players will want to play for their place with possible sales in January to reduce our wage bill and free up funds for some loan signings.

Excellent night, +25 units profit. Though Oldham conceading 5 goals is harsh on them, having created some chances. Liverpool were lucky at times but most satisfied about what I predicted before the game and saw what I expected during. Knew Dalglish was going to put out a strong squad! I might even start doing some trading on betfair predicting lineups... though I will probably fail horribly. For tommorow (SAT 07th) Ive got my sights on: Swindon vs Wigan, Norwich vs Burnley Newcastle vs Blackburn Wolves vs Birmingham Nice weekend of sports to look forward to, with a Manchester derby and the BDO.
Well done mate. From what I've seen of your posts you seem to have a good betting instinct. Keep up the good work :ok

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 To add to those backing Villa, Rovers will be without top goalscorer Matt Harrold and regular keeper Scott Bevan both through injury and there is doubt over defender Byron Anthony Source:Bristol Evening Post http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/pressure-s-Aston-Villa-says-Bristol-Rovers/story-14344147-detail/story.html With the price dropping I've got on them at 1.53 Will Hill

To add to those backing Villa, Rovers will be without top goalscorer Matt Harrold and regular keeper Scott Bevan both through injury and there is doubt over defender Byron Anthony Source:Bristol Evening Post http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/pressure-s-Aston-Villa-says-Bristol-Rovers/story-14344147-detail/story.html With the price dropping I've got on them at 1.53 Will Hill
Nice read! In a part of the interview Bristol player says; "Nine times out of 10, Aston Villa will win – but hopefully they won't on Saturday'' "We have to prepare properly for Villa, but to me the more important game is at Hereford on Tuesday. That is massive." If Villa win this 9 times out of 10, then 1,50 is massive. On :hope

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Coventry boss Andy Thorn will have to make do without captain Sammy Clingan, who is absent with a fractured toe. Forwards Clive Platt and Cody McDonald are also missing, though defender Cyrus Christie has recovered from a knock. For visitors Southampton, 17-goal striker Rickie Lambert will not travel after his red card against Brighton. Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin could return to the starting XI after completing a one-match ban for picking up five cautions this season

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is likely to ring the changes, with Frank Nouble, Robbie Hall and Dan Potts all set to get their chance. West Brom could be without eight first-team regulars against Cardiff City. Chris Brunt (ankle), Zoltan Gera (knee), Shane Long (back), Steven Reid, Jonas Olsson (calf), Jerome Thomas (groin), James Morrison (hamstring) and Youssouf Mulumbu (groin) are doubtful. Cardiff may be boosted by the return of Kevin McNaughton after a calf injury.

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Interesting double with odds of 10.7 on Betfair; Barnsley v Swansea Draw Birmingham v Wolves Draw Odds represent value here, similar write ups as well, both championship teams have been relatively solid this season and have home advantage against 2 prem teams who do not have great away records. I feel this represents better value than the 7.2 offered on the 2 championship sides to win

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 My 3rd Bet for this round of the FA cup. The first won the second still to run. Again I am not being that adventurous still trying to win some back from last week.

Tip Detail
EventSheff UTD v Salisbury
SelectionSheff UTD
Strength5/10
Date08/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceBetfred @ 1.20
ReasoningSalisbury are the lowest ranked team still left in the competition and this will be their last game. They are suffering with illness for one and are coming up against a side in form. Sheff UTD will see this as a nice distraction from the league but will certainly take this seriously. They will see this is an opportunity to kick start a great cup run and some extra money to boot.

Again another boring bet for me here but more to win back another point I lost in the week.
Tip Detail
EventSpurs v Cheltenham
SelectionSpurs
Strength10/10
Date07/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 1.11
ReasoningJust simply a Very good Premiership side at home against a side from a few leagues lower. Spurs want to win trophies to confirm that they are becoming a big club. They have to win games like this.
I agree with you, and have been waiting for someone to share my opinion online. However, if you dont mind me asking, how many units were u planning on putting into this? 1.11 is short in general, so id imagine to make a significant profit ud have to put a significant amount of units into this. Does it then become a risk not worth taking? Also, would u consider, Spurs -1 normal handicap @ 1.45? or Spurs -2 AH @ 1.72. I realise the rates from my bookie (sportsbet Aus) may not be the same as yours, but they shouldnt be too far apart. I have spurs to win priced @ 1.14