Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 2 January

Spooner

Monday 2 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hibernian v Hearts (12:15 GMT) 3.5 3.4 2.38 100.00 %
maximize.gif Inverness Caledonian Thistle v St Johnstone (14:00 GMT) 2.56 3.4 3.1 100.73 %
maximize.gif Dundee United v Aberdeen (15:00 GMT) 2.06 3.55 4.1 101.10 %
maximize.gif Dunfermline Athletic v Celtic (15:00 GMT) 13 6 1.3 101.28 %
maximize.gif Kilmarnock v St Mirren (15:00 GMT) 2.31 3.4 3.6 100.48 %
maximize.gif Rangers v Motherwell (15:00 GMT) 1.36 5.3 12 100.53 %

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 2 January Inverness - St. Johnstone: Draw @ 3.40 (Betfred) 10/10 The market has Inverness as slight favourites which I think overestimates Inverness' home advantage. Inverness has the 3rd weakest home record (3-2-5) and has 19 points overall while St. Johnstone has 32 points and the 4th best away record (5-4-1). With these stats one might be tempted to bet on St. Johnstone. However, Inverness has 2 consecutive positive results (a home win against Aberdeen and an away draw against Hibernian) so they may be difficult to defeat here. I don't think Inverness can win though. St. Johnstone has 2 consecutive wins (at Dunfermline and at home against Kilmarnock). St. Johnstone's 4 away draws in 10 matches puts me off their win and the fact that they haven't been able to put together more than 2 consecutive wins all season and I don't think they can do it here either. At the same time, I don't think that St Johnstone will lose either. So, the draw looks like the value bet here. Kilmarnock - St. Mirren: Draw @ 3.40 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The teams are very similar and Kilmarnock really don't derserve to be favourites here. The hosts sit in 8th place with 23 pts while St. Mirren is in 7th place with 26 pts. Kilmarnock is coming off 2 consecutive defeats (at Celtic and at St. Johnstone). Kilmarnock is difficult to defeat at home but they have a bunch of draws (4-4-2 record). St. Mirren has 3 draws in its last 4 matches and is prone to the draw result in away matches (2-5-3 record). Kilmarnock and St. Mirren have 8 draws each overall which is the most in the league (along with Dundee Utd.). There is enough here to recommend the draw as a value bet, I think.

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 2 January Motherwell +1,5 AH @ 1.70 looks good considering that Motherwell only lost by more than 1 goal once in last 10 while Rangers on the other hand is struggling at the moment and in last 10 they won by 2 goals just three times. Anyone following this league can confirm this bet ? Cheers!

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 2 January

Motherwell +1,5 AH @ 1.70 looks good considering that Motherwell only lost by more than 1 goal once in last 10 while Rangers on the other hand is struggling at the moment and in last 10 they won by 2 goals just three times. Anyone following this league can confirm this bet ? Cheers!
There's some merit in the line, in my opinion. I think it'll be a close game and Motherwell might even snatch a point. BUT ... I don't think there's much value in that price. It's always a risk opposing Rangers at Ibrox, however poor they've been recently (I mean, no-one bats an eyelid if Rangers win 2-0 today), so I'd be looking for a much jucier price than 1.70.

Ah true.. you think Motherwell to score @ 1' date='91 has more value and is a possible outcome in the end ?[/quote'] Not sure how to advise you mate, because it's not a market I look at. Can tell you that Motherwell have been very dangerous on their travels - they have the tools to trouble Rangers (ie, pace in the wide areas, good movement around the box) who have been less than rock solid in recent times. Good luck if you get involved.

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 2 January Gonna have a play in the early KO. Will prob come back with a 3pm shout later. Hibs v Hearts: Hearts (-0.25AH) @ 1.90 with 188Bet (3pts) Real chance things could get pretty ugly for Hibs here. It's probably not possible to overstate how big a mess that club is in. Pat Fenlon must be delighted it's January, and I'd expect he'll be a busy man while the transfer window is open. For Hearts ... well, this could be the last game for several players. The wages are still a month behind, and it's expected Mad Vlad won't be too hard to deal with in the market. It's live on Sky, and that puts a lot of players in the shop window in this one - it's a real opportunity to impress potential suitors. A confidence has returned to their ranks in recent weeks, and they haven't conceded in three. The Webster/Zaliukas partnership should prove too strong for what Hibs have to offer today. I can't see where Hibs can find themselves an edge. It's fair to say even their supporters aren't holding out too much hope and I think they'd be on the knees if you offered them a draw right now. Black and Mrowiec are bullies and should dominate against Hibs' shrinking violets (I'd expect Scott and Stevenson in there with Osbourne on the sidelines - that's a big blow for Hibs) with Templeton and Taouil pushing Towell and Booth back constantly and forcing Wotherspoon and Sproule into abandoning their natural games to do more defending than attacking. Good luck if you play! :ok

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 2 January Dundee United vs Aberdeen Great stats here to take this bet. Listen up: Dundeee United at home had played 10 games so far and 2 have ended with 2 goals, 5 under 2 and 3 were with 4 goals. Aberdeen away had played 10 goals so far and 6 of them were inside these limits. Expect a game with maximum 2-3 goals @ 2.00 with PaddyPower Inverness vs St. Johnstone Inverness and St. Johnstone are meeting tonight on Tulloch Caledonian Stadium (Inverness), in 25 round match in Championship. Inverness is placed on 10 spot with 19 points. At home, they got 3 wins 2 draws and 5 defeats, scoring 12 and conceding 16 goals. From these 10 games, 5 went under 2.5 goals. St. Johnstone is placed on 4 spot with 32 points. Away, they got 5 wins 4 draws and 1, scoring 13 and conceding 5 goals. From these 10 games, 5 went under 2.5 goals. According to all of these stats, I tip that will have a match with 2 or 3 goals. The match can go either way, but a bet of this kind seems to me logic and safe with great odds. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365 Kilmarnock vs St. Mirren Kilmarnock and St. Mirren are meeting tonight on Rugby Park (Kilmarnock), in 25 round match in Championship. Kilmarnock is placed on 8 spot with 23 points. At home, they got 4 wins 4 draws and 2 defeats, scoring 18 and conceding 15 goals. From these 10 games, 5 went under 2.5 goals. St. Mirren is placed on 7 spot with 26 points. Away, they got 2 wins 5 draws and 3, scoring 9 and conceding 15 goals. From these 10 games, 6 went under 2.5 goals. According to all of these stats, I tip that will have a match with 2 or 3 goals. The match can go either way, but a bet of this kind seems to me logic and safe with great odds. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with PaddyPower

Hibs v Hearts: Hearts (-0.25AH) @ 1.90 with 188Bet (3pts)
Hibs team isn't quite what I expected - but it only strengths my confidence in this line. Garry O'Connor hasn't passed a fitness test (he's on the bench), which pretty much renders Hibs impotent. David Wotherspoon and Richie Towell are on the bench, and it looks like Ian Murray is in at right-back. General consensus is that Murray's past it, and if Templeton is on a good day, that could spell trouble for the hosts. In saying that, Murray might be in the middle of a back 5, so we'll see how it plays out.

Re: Scotland > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 2 January i'd be wary about backing motherwell , even with a handicap despite the problems at rangers , i think they'll win comfortably historically ,ex Ranger , Stuart McCall doesn't seem to get his team motivated to play against rangers, previous fixtures 21/08/11 well 0-3 gers 30/04/11 well 0-5 gers 12/02/11 gers 6-0 well 26/12/10 well 1-4 gers 16/10/10 gers 4-1 well 09/05/10 well 3-3 gers just my opinion :ok

Hibs v Hearts: Hearts (-0.25AH) @ 1.90 with 188Bet (3pts)
Hibs 1-3 Hearts - WIN Just about the right result IMO. Hearts missed a pen before HT and their first goal was definitely offside, but that was levelled out by an OG equaliser. Two cracking finishes from Webster and Skacel late on, so it's happy days. One for this afternoon... Dundee Utd v Aberdeen: Dundee Utd (-0.25AH) @ 1.81 with 188Bet (6pts) Really liking United at the moment. They're producing a lot of good stuff and I fancy them to do the business here. In the last quarter, they've lost only to the Old Firm with some strong, confident displays. Biggest strength is their ability to mix things up. They can keep it on the deck, or go wide through the increasingly impressive Gary Mackay-Stevens but if it's not working, they can hit Jon Daly early and feed off him through the buzz-bomb Johnny Russell. Aberdeen just don't have these options. If they get it right, they can be a tight, hard-to-break-down unit and if the delivery is spot-on, then Scott Vernon and Rory Fallon will be amongst the goals, but there's such a lack of creativity, particularly in the wide areas, that their best intentions so often come to nothing. If draw cover wasn't there at a fair price, I'd be happy to take the outright; I've just got half an eye on United's sloppy home performances in the early part of the season, but they're in much better nick now. Good luck if you play :ok

Dundee Utd v Aberdeen: Dundee Utd (-0.25AH) @ 1.81 with 188Bet (6pts)
Dun Utd 1-2 Aberdeen - LOSS When you lose to a 40-yard strike off the underside of the bar, what can you do but shrug? Sounds like United had the best of it, but not to be. It's the Scottish Cup next week, so see you guys then.