** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Market Move

Re: Market Move

Huge plunge on Percythepinto 1.40 at Southwell 20/1 into 7/2 Fav :unsure
No surprise there. Tony Culhane riding for George Baker, the biggest fiddlers in the game! Will probably win, when their cash is down they seldom leave it behind!

No surprise there. Tony Culhane riding for George Baker' date=' the biggest fiddlers in the game! Will probably win, when their cash is down they seldom leave it behind![/quote'] I am of the same opinion , totally agree. Well done for highlighting this for the good of punting. Will be very useful information for new punters

Re: Market Move Well i put a few quid on it as it is clear as day what is going on, a coup! Once it went lower than 5/1 then you know its win money and not e/w money thats going on, so it must be hugely fancied.. Culhane is a job jockey and if he has to beat this horse 40 times to get it to win, he probably will.. On the other hand it could piss in!

got beat by the draw' date=' do need a low number here....... bad race and gamble foiled..... Pried Piper comes to mind:lol:lol[/quote'] Id imagine the connections had a few grand on e/w @ 20/1 or 16/1, id say they will be happy enough with the place.

Re: Market Move Just been given a "mover" from the stable. M Hills is jumping up and down about a 2y old in the 4-30 at Wolverhampton for H Palmer INCENDIARY it has been backed already from 6/1 to 9/4. related to several winners and has been going well. It's up to you guys if you think 9/4 is a good price but I can only tell you what I have heard.

Re: Market Move Culhane just won the 7.00 at Wolves on 40/1 shot Desert Icon tained by David Flood. I mentioned on another thread that this was a combination to watch.The horse is clearly in good recent form and last time out was raced over 2 furlongs longer than todays winning trip possibly in order to ensure a good SP.

Even though the horse came 3rd , it was very clear Culhane was trying to win. When the money is not down you will see him ride differently . Judge for yourself.
Culhane just won the 7.00 at Wolves on 40/1 shot Desert Icon tained by David Flood. I mentioned on another thread that this was a combination to watch.The horse is clearly in good recent form and last time out was raced over 2 furlongs longer than todays winning trip possibly in order to ensure a good SP.
Biggest "about-turn" in PL history...

Huge plunge on Percythepinto 1.40 at Southwell 20/1 into 7/2 Fav :unsure
Obviously this is after the event, but........... I had a look at the horse after reading the thread and i just couldn't see it at all. This horse has got 'stayer' written all over him Sire progeny av winning distance - 11.1 furlongs Damsire Progeny AWD - 12.2 furlongs Dropping back in trip after being outpaced over 8 furlongs Look at kemp 28/09 - rowed along from rear, passed weakening rivals, never involved. Today - midfield, headway 2 out, ridden, chased leading pair This is a horse who's running on over trips that are far too short ! It'd be good to remember him when he cruises in over 12/14 furlongs next year and to resurrect this thread !..............:loon............probably 'after the event' of course !.............:unsure

Re: Market Move It was no surprise to see that the horse came last of 12 the day after winning easily the day before.It was a well backed 2nd favourite too. As mentioned elswhere on this forum when pondering as to whether you should back a G Baker horse , form , no matter how good should not be exclusively used as a guide to future performances. ATR forum members will save a few quid if you keep that tip in mind.