NFL Week 8

PinPointPrecision

New York Giants Vs. Miami Dolphins Selection: New York Giants - 11 @ 2.19 Pinnacle Stake: 8/10 I have decided to try and make my bets earlier in the week from now on as I see a lot of promising lines drop in price before I get on to them, irritating! :p I think the 4-2 Giants should comfortably beat the 0-6 Dolphins when they meet at home in the MetLife Stadium. The Giants are probably in the most competitive division, the NFC Eastern division, and will see this game as a must win if they want to ensure a playoff birth. Miami's season on the other hand is effectively over and the general management of the Dolphins may secretly want the slide to continue so they have the potential to sign top draft prospects like the much hyped QB Andrew Luck. The New York Giants are coming off a bye week so's should be well rested for this game. Miami are coming off a demoralizing overtime loss at home against the Broncos where they managed to throw a 15 point lead with less than 3 minutes to play! Tim Tebow and the Broncos were pretty atrocious so to lose to them the way they did must be a real kick in the teeth. The Miami offense has been struggling since Matt Moore took the QB helm putting up only 21 points in 2 games. The Giants have been a little bit inconsistent this season but I always fancy them to put points on the board. With Miami's offense being suspect I think the Giants should win by a couple of TD's. As such I have taken the slightly more aggressive line of -11 for returns of 2.19 at Pinnacle, good luck :hope

NFL Week 8 NE -3 @ 2.10 Sportsbet I like Pats off the bye here. I tend to the feel the Steeler's record this year flatters them. They really are a team that struggles to get everything working - some days D is off, other days it's Mendenhall, next it's the passing game. That might work okay against Jax or Zona, but it wont against Brady. Steelers typically struggle against the Patriots and I expect that to continue this week.

Re: NFL Week 8 Other leans: Miami +10 (Better road team, and few QBs are more opposable laying double digits than Eli. Still, I feel a little uneasy about taking Miami) Dallas +3.5 (I feel they are a more complete team than Philly) Browns +9 (Both teams will run all day. SF big wins off the back of Ginn TD returns or Freeman picks. McCoy may be low on talent but he takes a lot of safe options)

Re: NFL Week 8 Going to pull the trigger on two: Miami +10 @ 1.92 Sportsbet A little weary of this one because Miami are short on belief and I don't like their fightbackability, but really not trusting the Giants laying 10pts. Though Miami are less talented than Dallas, this game reminds me a bit of last year when the Giants were big favs against the Cowboys and got routed. The Dolphins the last couple of weeks have been quite competitive for the most part, but have had key moments go against them (no PI call vs Revis, onside kick v Denver). On the other side, Eli loves to take risks with the football and too often it leads to turnovers. Overall, I think a team who has generally played fairly competitively against just a 2nd tier team like the Giants with a turnover prone QB like Manning and getting a 10pt start is a favourable betting situation. Cleveland +9 @ 1.92 Sportsbet SF have played well above expectations this year and I feel the market is over-reacting here. The Niners have had a lot of help from Defense and Special Teams in games where they have won big, and are a run first team that is limited in what it can do in the passing game. The same is true for the Browns, which is why I feel 9pts is a lot here. Both teams will run early and often and as such eat up a lot of clock. Hillis is scheduled to return which will be a big bonus to the Browns and I think 9pts is definitely too much. I feel that this line will close at -7.

Re: NFL Week 8 Seattle Seahawks Vs. Cincinnati Bengals Selection: Cincinnati Bengals - 4 @ 2.39 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I like the 4-2 Bengals to continue their winning ways and cover the handicap against the 2-4 Seattle Seahawks when they meet at CenturyLink Field. The Bengals have made a surprisingly solid start to the season behind rookie QB Andy Dalton and are coming off a bye week. The Bengals other star rookie WR A.J. Green has formed a good connection with his QB and I will be looking for them to hook up some more this weekend. The Bengals have been effective throwing short high percentage throws and will look to punish the Seahawks relatively weak secondary (20th in passing yards per game). The worry for the Bengals is they will be without RB Cedric Benson who is suspended for the game. I think with the bye week to prepare the Bengals management will have devised a plan of a more pass heavy offense for this game. On the other side of the ball the biggest strength of the Bengals this year has been their defense. The Bengals are rated 5th in both passing and rushing yards conceded per game this season. With a solid defense to build off the I don't think Cincinnati will have to put too many points on the board to win this game. Seattle are coming off an offense nightmare where they only were able to post 3 points on the Cleveland Browns. The Seahawks are ranked 28th in passing pg and 31st in rushing yards pg! With both of their starting QB and RB questionable for the Bengals game it is really difficult to see where the points are going to come from. The game line for points is very low at 38 and I was considering betting on unders as well. Seattle is known as being a tough place to play but I think the composed head of Andy Dalton can handle the pressure. The Bengals to get enough points to clear the handicap in a low scoring affair, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 8 Saint Louis Rams Vs. New Orleans Saints Selection: New Orleans Saints - 14.5 @ 2.24 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I think the 5-2 New Orleans Saints are set to blow out the 0-6 Saint Louis Rams when they meet at the Edward Jones Dome. The Saints are coming off a crushing 62-7 win against the Indianapolis Colts and will look to continue their good form behind QB Drew Brees. The Saints have moved up to 3rd in the ESPN power rankings where as the Rams lie in 30th position as their injury ravaged season goes from bad to worse. The Rams may be without QB Sam Bradford for a second consecutive week as he is suffering from an ankle injury. This uncertainty will only add to the Rams Offensive woes who are currently ranked dead last (32nd) for points per game averaging a measly 9.3 points. The Saints are ranked # 1 in the NFL by the same measure averaging 34.1 ppg! The Rams have lost their 3 starting corner backs this year and are playing against a team who are ranked 2nd in passing yards per game! Also the Rams are ranked dead last in rushing yards conceded per game. The Saint Louis defense managed to give over 250+ yards to DeMarco Murray a fill in RB last weekend against Dallas. Dallas won that game 34-7 and they are not as good a team as the New Orleans Saints. With all this being said it's hard to see anything other than a huge win by New Orleans therefore I am confident they will secure a handicap victory of - 14.5 against the Rams at 2.24, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 8 Minnesota/Carolina Under 48 The Vikes have gone with QB Christian Ponder who despite completing only 40% of his passes was an improvement over McNabb and provided a spark for the offense. The leaky OLine looked better, by evidence of Peterson's 175yds. But I don't see him being able to do the same on the road. The Vikes struggle to put up points on grass, their OLine is poor on the natural turf, they've scored 10@Chi 286yds, 17@KC 341yds, 17@SD 187yds. Their defense isn't the same either on grass but they will play their usual cover 2 shell and force Cam to make short passes down the field. The Vikes red zone defense has also been solid of late keeping teams out of the end zone and forcing FGs. While the Panther defense has been weak against the run they will surely sell out to stop Peterson and put the game in Ponder's hands, and I don't think he can consistently keep the defenders away from the line of scrimmage.

Re: NFL Week 8 Philly -3 @1.80 bet365 Andy Reid is an amazing 12-0 following the bye week. Sure all records must come to an end and the Cowboys had kind of a bye week last week playing the Rams. The eagles can attack the Cowboy's vulnerable secondary. The Cowboys offense has been ok but they struggle to get in the end zone. They were quite poor at times offensively vs the Rams. Yes Murray had 250yds but 91 came on one run, but there were moments in the game where hte Cowboys struggled moving the ball. The rams were just terrible on offense they couldn't sustain any drives. Philly will be high coming out of the bye and start showing why they're picked as NFC East favorites.

Re: NFL Week 8 Something ive read that may be of importance when it comes to teams coming off a bye week., the rules have been changed this season.team's have to give there players 4 days off from training. I am not saying this will affect team performances after a bye week as i don't think anyone knows yet,just something that may have to be taken into account. (PhatzRadio / USA Today) — Considering the Week 6 results for NFL teams coming off byes, those returning this weekend might have preferred playing through the schedule. The Baltimore Ravens were the only winners of six clubs returning from the bye featuring four consecutive days off as part of the new collective bargaining agreement between players and the league. With three days off last season, teams were 20-12 after the bye. That initial record doesn’t bode well for the half-dozen teams playing Sunday including the San Diego Chargers (4-1) and Tennessee Titans, leading the AFC’s West and South divisions, respectively. And while it remains to be seen whether that break is a help or a hindrance, the main focus for teams is making sure that rest doesn’t turn into rust. checked last weeks games results last week. 4 Teams lost 2 won Stats so far 9 teams have lost 3 have won.

Re: NFL Week 8 Denver Broncos Vs. Detroit Lions Selection: Detroit Lions - 3.5 @ 2.19 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I'm going to put my money on the Lions this Weekend when they face the Broncos at the Sports Authority Field. The 5-2 Detroit Lions are coming off consecutive losses and need a win to get their season back on track. While the losses are of concern Detroit still look they are a strong enough unit to overcome the Broncos. QB Matthew Stafford looks like he is going to pull through an ankle injury to start against the Broncos. This will be a big plus for the Lions seeing as Stafford has been having a good season so far with a QB rating of 95.5. Detroit RB Jarvid Best is unlikely to play but the replacement RB's Maurice Morris and Keiland Williams manged to rush for a combined effort of more than 5 yards per carry against the Atlanta Falcons in their previous match. The most worrying aspect of Detroit's game has been their inability to stop the run with them being ranked 28th in opponent rushing yards per game. I think they will perform significantly better though against QB Tim Tebow and the Broncos. With Tim Tebow playing you might as well pack your bags and go home as a WR, he is completely one dimensional! I was not impressed by Tebow when he faced Miami last weekend where up until the last 3 minutes of the game he put 0 points of the board. The 2-4 Broncos don't do anything particularly well and are ranked 27th in the ESPN power rankings where as the Detroit are placed in 8th position. I think that is a fair assessment of the respective qualities of these teams and therefore think Detroit clear the -3.5 handicap, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 8 NE -2.5 @1.86 bet365 This has always been a terrible matchup for the Steelers. The Steelers DB's usually play more off coverage. This leads to them being susceptible to the quick hitters that Brady loves. The Pats also ran the ball effectively against the Steeler defense last season racking up 103 yds on 23 carries, and that unit as regressed this season for Pitt. Big Ben is playing well atm, and there' no doubt he'll be licking his chops against the Pats secondary. However Belicheck has an extra week to prepare he should get a strong game plan to limit Wallace and force Big Ben to check down.

Re: NFL Week 8 Cleveland/SF Under 38.5 Both teams have strong defenses. The 49ers have an elite defense whole the Browns have a good one. Both teams like to run, though McCoy has been attempting plenty of passes. Though his gaudy attempts have led to minimal yardage and points, the Browns offense is averaging 4.3 yds per play 31st in the NFL, while they've scored a meager 16pts per game. The 49ers have struggled at times offensively. The Browns defense has been quite good through the air. Both teams struggle in the red zone as well. I can't see the Browns mustering enough points to push this one over.

Re: NFL Week 8 Agree 100% Rob... under 39.5 @ SportsBet (1.92) Not that the extra point is likely to matter too much... ...Browns are 4th in overall D!! Bad news for a SF team who defied all numbers early, and have played some poor D's since. 49ers had just 210 total yards v. Seattle (15th overall D) in week 1, and just 206 v. Dallas (7th)...somehow managed to post some big scores, but logic says that big plays won't happen every game. As Rob said their run D is elite, and I think the Browns will struggle, esp. given their injury list atm...3 of their O-line are doubtful, Hillis still out, and also Watson and Massaquoi...those 3 have 6 of the teams 10 TD's so far. Philli v. Dallas under 49.5 (SportsBet @ 1.92) A big number for such an important Div game. Dallas have been very good defensively so far, and are easily the best pass D the Eagles have faced so far. Dallas had a 27-24 game @ Jets, but a blocked punt and late FG pushed that one over... ...interesting that Philli are 'winners' after the BYE week...they do tend to do it with defense. A 47 total and a 50 last 2, but that's on the back of 14 straight unders off BYES...and 0-6 under inside the Div still stands. Big number based on rep, could easily be another Dallas/NE game. Jags @ houston under 40.5 (1.95 @ Pinnacle) League: 1-10 under (Av. total 40.5...av. score 31.3) any 7+ dog, off a SU win as home 7+ dog with

Re: NFL Week 8 Baltimore -20.5 @ 3.55 centrebet Baltimore should be fired up for this game and bounce back well after their loss to Jacksonville on Monday night as Flacco was rubbish while Rice was well contained. Flacco should be able to pass on this Arizona secondary that allows 274 passing yards per game, and has some rookie CBs there. Also expect Baltimore's defence to step it up here and get to Arizona's QB Kolb, as they have a very good pass rush, while they allow just 187 passing yards and 86 rushing yards per game. The Cardinals are heading out east to play early and may be out of sync early on which should help a determined Ravens side start strong. Baltimore have scored 29+ points in their 3 home games so far while allowing less than 17 points in each of them, while Arizona have allowed 31+ points in their 3 road games, and scored 21, 10, and 10 in their 3 road games. Like Baltimore to be too strong on both sides of the ball for them. Houston - Jacksonville under 40.5 @ 1.99 pinnacle Houston smashed Tennesse last week thanks to Schaub and Foster doing well, but are up against a very good Jacksonville defence that is coming off a huge win over Baltmore on Monday night where they allowed just 146 total yards, and sacked Flacco 3 times while also creating 2 turnovers to allow 17 points or less for the 4th time in 7 games. The Jags allow 196 passing yards and 103 rushing yards per game, and with Houston having scored less than 21 points in 2 of their 3 home games, like the jags to contain them. Jacksonville tend to struggle on offence as they look to Jones-Drew to run the ball as QB Gabbert has still not found his feet in the NFL. They average just 128 passing yards per game while they run for 124 yards per game, and it is no wonder that they have scored less than 17 points in 6 of their 7 games so far. Houston's defence allows 204 passing yards and 99 rushing yards so with Gabbert struggling they will stack the line to stop MJD. They have allowed 7,10 and 25 points at home, and like them to play their part to keep this a low scoring game New Orleans -20.5 @ 3.15 centrebet NO are fresh off a 62-7 thrashing of the Colts and now with another side that has a suspect defence that allows 227 passing yards and 184 rushing yards per game, then like them to win this one well once again. QB Brees averages 341 passing yards per game while they also run for 126 yards per game, which has enabled them to score 30+ points in 5 of their 7 games. St Louis has allowed 28+ points in 4 of their 6 games with a losing margin of 18+ points in 4 of these games. St Louis's offence averages just 203 passing yards and 93 rushing yards per game, and whether Feeley or Bradford plays at QB, NO will be looking to put plenty of pressure on them. While NO allows 234 passing yadrs and 116 rushing yards per game, if their offence gets going early, then hard to see this St Louis offence staying with them. Buffalo -9.5 @ 2.74 centrebet Buffalo are off a bye and should be refeshed to score on this Washington defence that allows 218 passing yards and 118 rushing yars per game, as they have allowed over 400 total yards in their last two games against Philadelphia and Carolina. They will face a major test with RB Jackson who has led this Buffalo side to rush for 141 yards per game, and then allowed QB Fitzpatrick to pass for 238 yards per game. They have scored 31+ points in their 3 home games, and though they are playing this game in Toronto, they should be getting plenty of support there. Washington has scored less than 23 points in their last 5 games as their offence averages 237 passing yards and 107 rushing yards per game. They are without RB Hightower and WR Moss while their OL has also lost LT Williams and LG Lichtensteiger. Though this Buffalo defence has allowed 285 passing yards and 136 rushing yards per game, they do have 12 INTs for the year (tied for 2nd in the NFL) and with the injuries to some key Redskins players, they have been able to prepare for this game, and should play much better on defence. Denver - Detroit over 42.5 @ 1.97 pinnacle Denver QB Tebow came home strong for them to lead them to a comeback win over Miami, and though this defence is much better, he should have a strong home support to help them beat this defence. Look to them to run the ball with Moreno and Tebow getting more than their average of 114 yards per game as Detroit allows 129 yards per game, and have allowed 23+ points in 4 of their last 5 games. Detroit should be feeling confident of bouncing back from their last two losses as their pass offence with Stafford expected to play at QB, averaging 260 yards per game while Denver allows 248 yards per game. They have scored at least 24 points in 5 of their 7 games, while Denver has allowed 22+ points in 4 of their 6 games. Denver has gone over this total in their 3 home games, as has Detroit in their 3 road games, and with neither side consistently being bale to contain the opposition, like both sides to score points here. Pittsburg - New England under 52.5 @ 1.93 pinnacle Pittsburg will like their chances of QB Rothelisburger passing on this NE secondary, as they average 265 passing yards per game while NE allows 322 yards per game. They may no get much production out of their run game as the Steelers average 118 yars per game while NE allows 102 runs per game, and have the added benefit of coming off a bye where they have had two weeks to prepare for this game. Despite giving up so many passing yards, NE's defence has allowed less than 24 points or less in 5 of their 6 games. NE have been able to do well at Pittsburg which has been frustrating for the home side, but Brady is going up against the second best secondary that allows just 172 passing yards per game with Polamalu and Taylor doing the job back there. Their pass rush is very good and will put pressure on the NE OL. Pittsburgh has not allowed more than 20 points in their last 6 games, and figure that practice has been much more intense this week to prepare for the threat of Brady and co, but believe both defences will do enough to keep this under the total. San Francisco -16.5 @ 3.25 centrebet While SF struggle to pass the ball with 171 passing yards per game, and will have even further problems on this Cleveland secondary that allows 172 yards per game, they do run it well, for 132 rushing yards per game, and like them to do well here, as Gore should be able to get more than the 120 yards they allow, as he has averaged 193 rushing yards in his last 3 games. They have managed to score 24+ points in 5 of their 6 games, while Cleveland has allowed 27, 31 and 24 points in their 3 losses. Cleveland has been struggling on offence, as they have scored less than 17 points in 4 of their 6 games. They pass for 217 yards per game and just 91 yards per game, as QB McCoy has not been able to get going, and with his OL allowing him to get sacked 5 times in their last game against Seattle, then this SF pass rush, which is fresh off a bye, should get to him again. They are also without RB Hillis, and their run game has suffered, and it does not get any easier up against a SF side that allows just 75 yards per game. SF have allowed less than 20 points in 4 of their 6 games, while cleveland have scord less than 18 points in 5 of their 6 games. SF have a significant edge in Gore being able to run the ball, and with the good field position that his defence should give him, like the 49ers to blow this one out. Cincinnati -6.5 @ 2.75 centrebet Cincinnati head west and are rested off a bye where they will look to improve on their 221 passing yards and 105 rushing yards per game. QB Dalton has done a decent job so far and like him to link up well with Green and Simpson on this Seattle secondary that allows 250 passing yards per game. They have scored at least 22 points in 5 of their 6 games, while Seattle has allowed at least 24 points in 4 of their 6 games. Cincinnati has a very good defence that allows 189 passing yards and 90 rusing yards per game, and this Seattle offence is not that good, as they have managed just 182 passing yards and 81 rushing yards per game. The Bengals have allowed 20 points or less in 5 of their 6 games while Seattle has scored 17 points or less in 4 of their 6 games, and with the added by week, can see them being far too strong for Seattle here, especially as Seattle has allowed a league worst 23 sacks this season. Dallas Dallas will look to Romo who averages 296 passing yards per game to pass on this Philly secondary that gives up 217 yards per game, while Murray looks good to add to his 253 yards against St Louis last week, as he faces a Philly rush defence that allows 124 yards per game. Dallas has scored 24+ points in 4 of their last 6 games while Philly has lost all 4 games when they have allowed 24+ in these games . Philly QB Vick heads the number one ranked rush offence that averages 170 yards per game but he is up against the best rush defence that allows just 70 yards per game, and given that Ware has been in very good form this season, expect him to put plenty of pressure on Vick. Vick also passes for 272 yards per game but this Dallas secondary has also played well with 231 yards per game allowed, but much will depend on this Dallas pass rush if it can stifle this offence. Philly has scored 24 points or less in their last 4 games while Dallas has allowed less than 21 points in 3 of their last 4 games. Though Philly is rested from a bye, Dallas has momentum, and like them to be too strong on both sides of the ball Record: 18-27 (-1.61)

Re: NFL Week 8 Saints -20.5 to beat Rams - 1pt @ 9/5 Will take the longest line 365 have to offer here, which is for NO to win by 3 TDs +. Saints torched the Colts last week, and face another .000 side this time. Bradford is ruled again for SL, and I just don't see anything other than another rout. Broncos to beat Lions - 1pt @ 8/5 I fancy the Broncos to cause an 'upset' tonight against a banged up Stafford without Best to hand the ball too to take some of the pressure off himself. Tebow was garbage for 57 minutes last week, but still managed to get it done. Back in front of his home fans, I fancy him to lead his team to a narrow win once again. Patriots -9.5 to beat Steelers - 1pt @ 37/20 Brady has this Steelers' team's number, little difference in the teams from last year's mauling. Expect to see Brady punish whichever areas the Pitt Def show weakness. Gronk hauled in 3 TDs last year, but I expect him to act as a more of a blocking TE tonight with Hernandez and Welker picking up the majority of targets. The running game could see some success tonight with the Pitt Run D not being close to as effective as last season, and the Lawfirm can pound them on the ground to open up the passing lanes for Tom. Record 13-24 (-5.78)

Re: NFL Week 8 Here are my performance bets for the 5pm KOs Kevin Kolb under 236.5 passing @ 1.74 Bet365 The Ravens defence is just really good at the moment and I expect the Cards to struggle in all forms of offence. I think he’ll struggle to pass more than 200 against this solid unit. Torey Smith over 35 receiving @ 1.87 Bodog As the 2nd WR and facing a Cards defence which has had terrible problems against these type of players all season, this line looks low. Always a deep threat option, could easily cover this line with just one catch. Matt Hssslebeck over 225.5 passing @ 1.87 Bodog The Colts look a shambles defensively at the moment, Hasslebeck could have a field day if he wants to and I see him throwing 250+ Nate Washington over 55.5 receiving @ 1.87 Bodog Now that Kenny Britt is injured, Washington is the number one target for Hasslebeck, and in a game like this 55.5 looks a low line. Chris Johnson over 80.5 rushing @ 1.83 Ladbrokes He’s in a slump, but won’t have a better chance of getting out of it than against the Colts. Their whole defence is awful, if CJ cant get 100+ here then he never will against anyone this season. Matt Shaub under 251.5 passing @ 1.77 Bet365 The Jax defence is underestimated at the moment and looked really good on Mon night. With Andre Johnson still out inj. Its restricts Shaub’s passing chances, so I fancy the under here. Eli Manning under 280.5 passing @ 1.86 Bet365 I see this being a game where the Giants run it a lot, especially with Jacobs back. The Giants are likely to be ahead approaching the end too, so even less chances. I don’t think Manning will ‘need’ to throw is all that much, so 280.5 looks a little high to me. Ahmad Bradshaw over 75.5 rushing @ 1.87 Bodog As I said, I fancy this to be a game where the Giants run it a lot, Bradshaw will get opportunities. Jacobs is back, but will be more limited with his knee injury. I can see Bradshaw approaching the 100 yard barrier here against the Dolphins. Adrian Peterson over 100.5 rushing @ 1.87 Bodog It’s a big line, but I think he can over it. The Panthers are definitely there to be run all over and AP looked great last week against GB. With a rookie QB, I can see them looking to the ground more here and AP will just pound and pound away. Cam Newton over 255.5 passing @ 1.87 Bodog The Vikes can stop the run fairly well, but have problems facing the pass. Newton has a lot of options to throw to, so should fill his boots in this one, maybe approach 300 yards. Jonathon Stewart over 58.5 rushing & receiving @ 1.80 Bet365 He is an underrated player and definitely a dual threat option. It wont be easy to run on the Vikes, but he should still get 35-40 rush yards. Usually he’s good to pick up 30 receiving yards, especially today facing a poor pass defence. Marquees Colston over 69.5 receiving @ 1.74 Ladbrokes He’s been in great form the last couple of weeks and we all know the Rams have major problems out wide. He could have another monster and I predict 100+ receiving. Steve Jackson over 69.5 rushing @ 1.83 Bet365 The Rams don’t have too many options passing wise with Bradford out here. They have to look to run the ball more, at least in the 1st half and Jackson could go well . The NO defence isn’t all that great against the rush.

Re: NFL Week 8 Philadelphia Eagles Vs. Dallas Cowboys Selection: Philadelphia Eagles - 3.5 @ 2.13 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 Let me first admit to being an Eagles fan so I'm therefore probably a little bit biased here. :p This is obviously a huge divisional clash that the Eagles can not realistically lose and continue to have playoff aspirations. This season has got off to a rotten start for the Eagles with the so called 'dream team' slumping to a 2-4 start. Considering the reduced preseason due to the NFL lockout maybe it's not to surprising that it has taken time for all of the new components to settle into a good team. I think that things are only going to get better for the Eagles and they still have the potential to be one of the best teams in football. The Eagles have so many weapons offensively and defensively and I think they are due a breakout game. Hopefully Vick will be feeling healthy coming off a bye week as his performance is key offensively. There probably is some value on betting on the Cowboys but they have being pretty inconsistent aswell. This weekend has already thrown up plenty of surprises in the NFL but I'm going to be putting my money on the Eagles showing they deserve recognition as a NFC East contender, good luck :hope

Re: NFL Week 8

This is my attempt for the most spectacularly wrong trio of picks in NFL'ing history :loon
It's been a frustrating week! :spank Thankfully after my first 2 picks failed miserably it looks like my other 2 will come through. Tim Tebow is being Tim Tebow and the Seahawks are still struggling to put points on the board (knock on wood). Of course the Eagles will fly to victory too! :D

This is my attempt for the most spectacularly wrong trio of picks in NFL'ing history :loon
Well it only takes one to let you down so i suppose it best to get them all out the way in one go:) The NO result must have had a few big bettors throwing up, looked like the only bets you could make was how many points will they win by. Ravens got out of jail ,thought that was going the same way as well.

It's been a frustrating week! :spank Thankfully after my first 2 picks failed miserably it looks like my other 2 will come through. Tim Tebow is being Tim Tebow and the Seahawks are still struggling to put points on the board (knock on wood). Of course the Eagles will fly to victory too! :D
Very encouraging victory for the Eagles with them humiliating the Cowboys. Think I may well be on the Eagles next week after such a strong performance. Then again they may pull a New Orleans Saints! That's now 3-2 for me this weekend with all bets being slightly odds against. ;) Nice turn around of after the Giants and Saints failed to deliver. Might post a bet for the MNF clash, an interesting match up between the Chiefs and Chargers. :cigar

Re: NFL Week 8 San Diego -3 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Assumed this was always a close series, but as it turns out. Usually KC plays San Diego well in one game. Then they come out the next game and get blown out. Take last year, Kansas City beats San Diego in an awesome Monday Night Football game on the first weekend of the year. Then the next time they play later in the year, San Diego wins 31-0. This year KC lost there first 2 games in blowout fashion and then lost to SD by 3 points. Then they come back and win 3 in a row, which is great. But those 3 teams were the Vikings (Mcnabb Vikings), The Colts, and a completely ****** Raiders team that gave them 6 interceptions. Deceptive record, I think San Diego crushes them.

Re: NFL Week 8 Baltimore -20.5 @ 3.55 :( Major disappointment once again - Pittsburg next week look good Houston - Jacksonville under 40.5 @ 1.99 :D New Orleans -20.5 @ 3.15 :( Another disappointment. Looking ahead to TB next week? Buffalo -9.5 @ 2.74 :D Denver - Detroit over 42.5 @ 1.97 :D Pittsburg - New England under 52.5 @ 1.93 :D San Francisco -16.5 @ 3.25 :@ Lead 17-3 at half time, and only scored a FG in the second half. Has 4 attempts on the 1 to get a TD and they can't get in. Cincinnati -6.5 @ 2.75 :D Dallas -6.5 @ 3.50 :( Never looked likley from the start Record: 23-31 (+0.77) Kansas -2.5 @ 2.55 centrebet Kansas have lost their first 3 games with the last of these being a 20-17 loss at San Diego where they struggled to run the ball as their main rusher, Charles has been sidelined for the year. They had just 81 rushing yards on top of the 176 passing yards while SD had 266 passing yard and 117 rushing yards in the win over them. Now this game goes to Kansas where Kansas has the form on the board, as they have won their last 3 games, scoring 22, 28 and 28 points while allowing 17, 24 and 0 points. They had 161 passing yards and 141 rushing yards on Oakland, while allowing 177 passing yards and 155 rushing yards; and before that 257 passing yards and 194 rushing yards in winning at Indianapolis, and 260 passing yards and 103 rushing yards in winning at home against Minnesota. The concern for San Diego is that they have allowed 172 rushing yards to the Jets and 162 rushing yards to Denver in their last two games, and with Kansas able to run the ball once again, like them to do so again on them. Also with the Chargers turning over the ball, Kansas will like their opportunities as they are 3rd in INTs (11 this year) and with Rivers capable of throwing wayward passes, then they may pick up another one or two here. Maybe SD is looking ahead to GB but something is not right with this team that should have be better than its record of 4-3.

New Orleans -20.5 @ 3.15 :( Another disappointment. Looking ahead to TB next week? .
Just a team to watch out for on the road I reckon. Ground game on both sides of the ball seems to get left home a lot. (Of course, having said that, it was a reason assumption that they would be able to run on the Rams...) Hopefully they smash TB so we get a good line for Turner time the following week. :ok

Re: NFL Week 8 Kansas City Chiefs Vs. San Diego Chargers Selection: San Diego Chargers - 4.5 @ 2.26 Pinnacle Stake: 3/10 Tonight's MNF divisional clash features the 3-3 Kansas City Chiefs playing host to the 4-2 San Diego Chargers. Arrowhead Stadium is considered one of the harder stadiums to play in but I think the Chargers will go to Kansas and win. The Chargers have been one of the more fancied team this year to challenge for the Superbowl but have so far failed to live up to expectations. QB Phillip Rivers has been throwing too many interceptions (9 int) while struggling to finish in the red zone with only 7 Td's this year. I don't expect this form to continue for too much longer though as Rivers is considered to be one of the elite QB's in the NFL. San Diego have already met Kansas City this year and ended up with a 20-17 victory even though they played poorly by their standards. Kansas are coming off a big 28-0 victory against the Oakland Raiders but I feel this is a little misleading. The Oakland QB situation was an unfolding farce with their QB's throwing 6 interceptions, 2 of which were returned for touchdowns. Kansas have struggled to score all year long and are ranked 30th in passing yards per game behind QB Matt Cassel. With the Chiefs best player RB Jamaal Charles out for the year I really don't see them being much of an offensive threat in this game. If the Chargers play to their potential they will win this game with ease. I'm hoping San Diego come out of their shell tonight but will be cautious with my stakes seeing how they are yet to show their best form this season, good luck :hope