BBOTD 4th of October

Links Drive Lady - Leicester 2:40 A maiden after 11 starts, but i think it wont be a maiden after tomorrow. Ran very well last time out over 7f , finishing just over half a length back in 3rd trading at a low of 1.36. Runs off the same mark tomorrow and to me the 7f may have just stretched the horse a little and the 6f tomorrow should be perfect. Also has cheekpieces on for the first time , should like the good ground and Louis Beuzelin takes off a very handy 3 pounds also. Should go close and to me 6/1 is overpriced as i had it as 7/2 fav. WIN @ 6/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 16:00 Catterick They All Laughed Win (10,00) Bet365 This experienced 8 years old gelding, has had a long career but there have been few and far between the victories. He is the only C&D in the race but it will take a good race and a bit of luck mayby to secure the win. There are some great horses in this class 6 run and the bookies favorite is Ad Value. They All Laughed latest form. 2-0-7-9-3-3

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 5:20 Southwell - National Hope Fingers crossed that this George Baker 3yo runs here, as she has been a NR the past two occasions. The trainer is 28% with 3yo's this year compared with 22% for 4yo+ and 9% for 2yo's. She won LTO and this will be her first time on Southwell's fibresand, although I fancy her at the price and believe that in the hands of Tony Culhane, who is showing a profit for Baker. 9/1 will hill (bog) win

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 4:10 Leicester - Quiz Mistress - 1pt @ 5/1 (Boylesports) Only 4 runners line up here but Quiz Mistress seems to be the only one who will appreciate this likely fast ground (the others have form on it, but all have pronounced knee-actions) and if she can settle in re-applied cheekpieces, she could be very hard to beat. A rating of 77 is 4lbs higher than when she was a game 2nd last time out but that was in a much better race in which she stuck to the task very well against tough opposition - only giving way in the closing stages despite taking a pull early on. The track, ground and trip will all suit, so I can't really understand why she's 5/1 and the outsider of the field. She does come with a certain amount of risk but I'm playing medium stakes and hopefully she could get involved.

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 0.5 e/w calico bay 16.40 leicester @ sp this is a very poor class 5 race over 7 furlongs so im going to try a long shot in the 10 runner field,of these 10 horses only 3 of them have ever got to within 10 lenghts of the winner in any race and the best class they have competed in is class 5,except my selection calico bay who hasnt got anywere near the winner on its only start(16 lenghts last) but was entered in a class 4 race over a year ago so i think connections might think this horse is capable of more than a class 5 race,very much an unknown in its ability but against a poor field might grab a place

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 15:20 Southwell AUREATE may have got the run of the race last time but it was his best effort for some time. He really enjoys it here and can go well now down to a mark of 55. Won here off 84 earlier in his career but has dropped in the weights since, although has put up a few decent enough efforts so all isn't lost with him I don't think. Ran well last time to finish 4th off this mark at Wolverhampton and that race has worked out well, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see this one in the shake-up from plum draw in stall 1. Trainer never having a winner is a slight concern but this one gets ideal conditions, looks to have returned to some kind of form and should run better than this mark of 55. AUREATE; EW @ 12/1 William Hill (bog)

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 4:50 Southwell: J R Hartley 1pt win 14/1 Bet365 Southwell can bring about a revival in a horse's fortune. The trouble is most races here feature horses that fall in to that category, and picking the right wake up one, is not easy. However, J R Hartley won well in a maiden here earlier in the year and while recent form is hardly inspiring, he has age on his side, and with Justin Newman taking seven pounds off, he looks worth a go off a mark of 75 with Bryan Smart going well.

Re: BBOTD 4th of October L5.10 Forks 0.5pt E/W 11/1 Victor Chandler When I went through the form for this race last night, I thought this one had a big chance so I was pleasantly suprised to see the forecast sp was 33/1. That proved to be wide of the mark, but anything in double figures looks value to me. The horse has one of the best apprentices on board today and the handicapper has dropped the horse down the handicap after a few unplaced efforts. The key however is that most of those efforts were along the lines of "fading inside the final furlong" over a furlong or so longer than today and the 7 furlongs should be much more suitable.

Re: BBOTD 4th of October A winner last time out over 3m but back in trip today, should handle the going of soft and the jockey up top can be a touch handy. With a good jockey onboard a trip he should find right up his street and softish going he should be a confident bet. Tipperary 4:55 - War of Words 0.5 e/w bet @ 8/1 VC & Boylesports. Best of Luck Miss Hickey. :hope

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 14:40 Lei Lizzie - Drop to 5F LTO done this fillie no help LTO so the loss of alb and back to 6 should help. Best runs are over 6F with all career wins coming over distance. Nice high draw giving the rail should help. Has won on going. I like the looks of Ted Durcan being booked for the ride with Allan going to Catterick. Ted has a winner and 4th for Tim Easterby in last fortnight and a good track record of 22 wins and 23 places from 117 here. He is +43 points for 3 year olds here. Trainer has 5 wins and 10 places from 37 here and is just sending the one here. 0.5EW 12/1 Boylesports.

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 4.10 Leicester Hot Spice Win 5/2 VC & PP Only four runners and its a very trappy race but I thought Hot Spices win over course and distance last time out was pretty impressive. It was his first try at 12f and the step up in trip appeared to suit. He has form on Good to Firm ground so I don't think the going will be a concern. He's a half brother to Harlestone Times and Dunlop always does well with these kind of stayers. The other 3 runners all have very decent form in the book but I'm hoping Hot Spice has a bit more scope and class. First time putting up a bet of the day so I hope this is ok.

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 5.00 Catterick: Danum Dancer 1pt win @ 8/1 Will Hill/Bet365 Made a belated seasonal return in August and didn't run too badly given length of absence from track. Has slipped to quite an attractive mark and should come on for reappearance - win from higher in the past on turf and AW. Decent chance here.

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 4:40 Leicester - Upcountry - Back Pretty mediocre maiden this to say quite a few big yards are represented but upcountry's 2 seconds from 2 runs looks absolutely standout. Doesn't seem to have a temperament problem in terms of 2 seconds, just looks to have bumped into a couple of good horses. Has a big chance here 1pt win @ 8/15 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD 4th of October 5.20 Southwell Llewellyn win @ 10/1 Ladbrokes Going to give this horse one more chance after letting my down twice already this season. He looks a tricky ride and there is every chance he will hate the surface but I think he has the talent to get involved if putting it all in. He was outpaced last time out before staying on very strongly in the closing stages to go down by the narrowest of margins. I am hoping the Southwell surface will help concentrate this horses mind on the job. Stable are going well so hopefully he can run a good race.