Wednesday 19 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Milan v FC BATE Borisov (19:45 BST) 1.2 7 13.4 105.07 %
maximize.gif Bayer 04 Leverkusen v Valencia (19:45 BST) 2.35 3.29 3.08 105.42 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Racing Genk (19:45 BST) 1.13 8.5 18 105.82 %
maximize.gif FC Barcelona v FC Viktoria Plzen (19:45 BST) 1.06 15 41 103.25 %
maximize.gif FC Porto v APOEL (19:45 BST) 1.3 5.09 10 106.37 %
maximize.gif Olympiacos v Borussia Dortmund (19:45 BST) 3.45 3.45 2.2 103.43 %
maximize.gif Olympique Marseille v Arsenal (19:45 BST) 2.4 3.27 3 105.58 %
maximize.gif Shakhtar Donetsk v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (19:45 BST) 2.1 3.45 3.9 102.25 %

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October ZENIT +0,5 1,94 OLIMPIAKOS over 2,5 2,11 SBOBET The Schaktar is no longer the team of last year against the Cypriots have played very poorly built and very few actions Apoel risked very little indeed in the end they also had a great opportunity to win as a team Zenit partita.Lo best of Cypriots Cyprus have lost the game in an incredible way and in 10 to 11 have risked a little bit of the sign pareggiarla.Preso well above 2 to 4 bethome. The over between Olympiakos and Dortmund to play, both teams will play the winner of the last hopes could be part of the race, the goals coming in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October

Barcelona is so overrated. 41 is just too much.
The odds were not much better when barcelona went away to BATE in the last round, the home team was some 25/1 underdog. Took a nice asian handicap of BATE+2 but FT ended 0 - 5. Ill be avoiding bets on barcelona! When you feel they are too short they always come out with a big win, when you expect them to win they usually win by a goal and sometimes lose! However barcelona's team is even stronger this year and i dont think any team will get anything out of a competitive match at the nou camp (AC milan grabbed a point but they are a good team themselves). Its so ridiculous that Barca to beat AC milan were priced at 2/7 a month ago. You'd expect odds like this when Manchester united are playing wigan/norwich/qpr etc at home.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October I've never seen a side as short as 1.06 in the EPL, or an away side at 40s. I think we were about 29 up at Old Trafford the year we went down. 1.06 is akin to Holland V Moldova or something. It's hard to judge Viktoria Plzeň really as they don't have any history in Europe to speak of.

I've never seen a side as short as 1.06 in the EPL, or an away side at 40s. I think we were about 29 up at Old Trafford the year we went down. 1.06 is akin to Holland V Moldova or something. It's hard to judge Viktoria Plzeň really as they don't have any history in Europe to speak of.
Rubin also did not have any history. I think Plzen should be respected and I think we will see some of their players in top European clubs next season. Plzen is stronger than teams in the bottom half of La Liga, but we don't see these sides priced @ 40.00-60.00 at Nou Camp. Barcelona beat BATE, but now they do not have any element of surprise like they did when they first qualified to Champions League and managed 2 draws against Juventus, same was with Rubin a couple of years ago. I already took Plzen with small stake just for fun :)

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Its weekday 3 of what has been a difficult European season so far, hard to judge exotic bets such as HT or asian handicaps as some teams underperform or just don’t turn up like Man united and Barca in their home games.

The other thing to note is that a lot of teams appear to be evenly matched however predicting a draw is a bit difficult hence the Both teams to score market is the best shelve in my opinion.

One thing about football is because it is essentially difficult to predict outcomes correctly one thing you can almost guarantee is that teams will score goals as that is their main aim so the goals market always looks great.

I see goals in the FC Basel vs Benfica Match and Lille vs Intermilan match.

I wouldn’t be surprised if CSKA Moscow and Trabzonspor has goals in it aswell. CSKA are defending like amateurs at the moment. Zagreb vs Ajax ans Real vs Lyon could also potentially be BTS but I will stay away.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Marseille-Arsenal pick: Arsenal +0.25 2.01 12 bet 10/10 odds getting sick here imo, how come marseille was dnb kick off 2.15 against dortmund and now 1.65 against arsenal an illusional 3 0 against dortmund, with a naive defense at the beginning of second half dortmund missed many chances to equalize before the match tuned definitely in our favour. Yes arsenal doesnt look to be a top team anymore, but we are way too short here, we have won only 2 matches so far this season.mbia is still out, we still have problem on the wing no creativity..; a lay on marseille for me at those current odds

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Olympiakos-Dortmund Greek side has some missings, others important, but others are important mostly in paper though, rather than reality. Torosidis is a big blow, as not only he was in good form, but cause his absence might mean changes in the whole defensive line of Olympiakos. I personally wait Valverde not to try the A. Papadopoulos experiment again, but go with Modesto in the right flank and have a more tested defensive line. Fuster is also out and despite his mediocre form, he will be missed, having played in many many games with the team and generally being the guy connecting midfield to attack. Feisa and Jeste are not so important absences imo, as they have rarely been used. Of course, the fact that they are both midfielders, is a problem as Valverde doesn't seem to value Makun so much at this point. However, in this game, he might be obliged to start him, as Ibagaza will play in the place of Fuster, he's definetely able to do so and Orbaiz will need a guy next to him too, which I guess will be Makun. Okay, the team has got some absences, plus they are not yet in top form, but I doubt Dortmund will have an easy evening in this stadium. Marseille did have one, but it was Olympiakos' first game in the season and the team was definetely not ready to play in such a level. Unfortunately for them, having 0/2 so far, puts them in a must-win situation which can get tricky, but I would never underestimate this team in this stadium vs any opponent. I don't know if Dortmund will do it, being in this must-win situation too. They are of course a better side and most of a all a more fit side, than Olympiakos is right now, but if a betting decision can be made at this point, is imo not going for that -0.5 of the german side.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Arsenal + 0.25 @ 1.97 Just pure value bet from my view. With all due respect for the Marselle, but these odds are just ridiculous. Ok, Arsenal is not a team what they were before, but cmon... Marsele isn't a world beater also. That last 3-0 result against Dortmunt doesn't actually represent what was going on on the field. 0 AH would be more acurate line for this price.

against the Cypriots have played very poorly built and very few actions .
You are kidding right ? Did you actually watched the game ? This was one of the most one-sided games in that round. They had 23 shots on goal against Apoel's 3 chances (one of them they scored). They completely dominated that game, but thos brasil players couldn't put the ball into the net.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Not the best tuesday of champions league betting but heres a bet i grabbed because i feel it might drift tommorow: Marseille vs Arsenal Arsenal are doing fine with 4 points so far and with their somewhat lucky win over sunderland looks to be going back to winning ways under Wenger. I admit Arsenal's performances have been really patchy, but they away performance in the champions league have been good so far and France isnt the most intimidating place to go in europe to play football. Marseille have started poorly domestically and their champions league win over Dortmund was not convincing at all. Arsenal DNB @ 5/4 Bluesq looks like a nice little bet for tommorow. Gonna go for 5/10. As well as that im thinking of doing a cheeky treble on AC 1/8, Barcelona 1/20 and chelsea 1/8. Theres no such thing as a "sure bet" not i really dont see any of these teams losing. Lets hope there are no upsets and i pick up some pocket change.

The Schaktar is no longer the team of last year against the Cypriots have played very poorly built and very few actions Apoel risked very little indeed in the end they also had a great opportunity to win as a team Zenit partita.Lo best of Cypriots Cyprus have lost the game in an incredible way and in 10 to 11 have risked a little bit of the sign pareggiarla.Preso well above 2 to 4 bethome. The over between Olympiakos and Dortmund to play, both teams will play the winner of the last hopes could be part of the race, the goals coming in my opinion.
Can anyone translate this? Seriously, no offence but what is the point in allowing posts like this? edit: I just re-read this. What a ******* joke... is this the standard of the forum?! No wonder people are leaving!

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Reading thusprider's pick, I'm inclined to agree that Arsenal DNB @ 2.25 (bet365) is good value. I might put a small stake on this. Don't personally see much value elsewhere, so might sit on my hands and see how things go in the meantime.

Event Chelsea - Genk
Selection Chelsea - 2.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 19/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.05
Reasoning The leadership of the group maybe in game tonight. Chelsea, third placed in the Premiership, three points behind the leader behind Manchester City, wants to win this game to avoid surprises in the competition, as the difference between the teams in Group E is very short. A win puts Genk back to fight for the qualification and that is what Chelsea want to avoid. The game will be every important to Chelsea as they play at home, but it is never easy. To this game, Villas-Boas will have the absences of the Brazilian midfielder Ramires, the Portuguese goalkeeper Hilário and Michael Essein. In compensation he will have the return of Fernando Torres, as he is just suspended for the games of Premier League. In the Belgium side, the coach Mario Been will have to choose a very different team form the one he used in the first two games, has he has four injured players. But the midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, an exceptional talent, will be in the field. With four points won with a draw at Valência and one win over Bayer Leverkusen in the debut of Champions League, Chelsea is the leader of Group E, followed by the German team, who has three points. The Spanish, that draw the first two games, are the third placed and the bottom placed is Genk, with just one point.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Chelsea and Barca are so damn short, but I'll still be taking them both on a handicap tonight. I'll also have anothe delve into the 'anytime scorer' markets. I'll provide full write ups a little later on when the line ups are released. I'm also tempted to take Arsenal DNB, as some other punters have, but I think I'll do a little more research on their opponents first. Marseille seem to be doing fine in the UCL? but I haven't followed them much this year. I'll take a squiz anyway.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October I really wanted to make a case for Arsenal on a + 0.5, but I think the whole argument surrounding how poor Marseille have been is a little exagerrated. They've only lost three times this season. Away to Lille and Lyon, and 1-0 at home to Rennes who are in decent shape this season themselves. They hammered Dortmund 3-0 last time in the CL, and I think until Vermaelen returns from injury I'd struggle to make a case for backing Arsenal away in the CL.... Van Persie is in fine form right now, but they are still struggling to put sides away, and I think it's better to be more cautious where they are concerned, rather than assuming they've returned to a decent spell of form. BET365 have both to score @ 1.8 which is acceptable to me. Arsenal have conceded against Dortmund and Olympiakos, and I can't rule them out scoring with the form Van Persie is in now. As low as 1.66 elsewhere.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October I see Arsenal have defensive worries tonight. Gibbs, Vermaelen and Sagna are out and although Koscielny and Djourou have just returned, they will lack match fitness, so serious worries for Arsenal tonight at the back. Marseille are 15th in the French League at the moment so are having a poor season. Out of their 5 home games this season in the league they have drawn 3 of them. Arsenal will threaten them in attack and i have a feeling this game could turn out to be 1-1 but i think there should be goals Marseille v Arsenal DRAW @ 12/5 VC Correct Score: 1-1 @ 6/1 Ladbrokes 2-2 @ 16/1 Hills

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Chelsea should win their match comfortably tonight against Genk. Torres may be in the starting line-up ahead of Drogba who is struggling to find form, but Sturridge should start and he is having an amazing year, he is now a top player. Genk have been quite poor, they are 9th in the Belgian league, and although they drew 0-0 at home to Valancia they lost their last game 2-0 and have yet to score in the champions league. I think Chelsea will win by 2 or 3 goals but will plump for 2. Chelsea to win by 2 goals @ 10/3 Ladbrokes Sturridge to score first @ 4/1 Coral Sturridge to score anytime @ 1/1 Boylesports

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Bit of value IMO in the Barcelona game, although some will be turned off by the shortness etc... Barcelona to win to nil @ 1.5 - PaddyPower. Can't see Plzen getting enough of the ball to cause Barcelona any problems and I'd expect the home side to be rather relentless in their pursuit of goals. They are also an extremely professional side who I can't see taking the game lightly. Plzen were allowed a fair few shots on goal in Milan,. but even then failed to convert, and were completely outshone possession wise. I'd rather be on this than the handicap of - 3.5 really.

Re: Champions League > Tuesday 18th October AC MILAN vs BATE Borisov pick: MILAN (-1 EH) odds: 1.56 @ Unibet With Ibra and Robinio back to the game Milan had improved from the start of the season. They have managed to create many chances against Palermo and I think they'll manage today as well. BATE was demolished at home by Barcelona and will try to close the game but I'm not sure they will be able to. Odds are good enough for a combo, hopefully today I will not have yesterday bad luck. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Porto - Apoel pick: over 2.5 goal odds: 1.65 @ Unibet Apoel was lucky not to lose in Donetsk. After their win against Zenit they are ON THE FIRST PLACE. We all see them as the weekest team in this group but till now they are proving otherwise. I think they will be stripped of this place. Probably they will lose this game. After defeat in Sankt Peterburg Porto will be hungry to set things square in front of their own fans. But the group is still wide open. As I watch official statistics here I see Porto creating lots of chance who is facing one very efficient team. Porto will create many chances today as well. I do not see Apoel concede only one goal like thay did in the first two matches. Though they will have their chances and even could score. Most probable results for me are 3-0, 3-1 or 4-1. We'll see if I'm right. GL

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Porto V APOEL + 1.75 @ 1.90 - BET365. Really think Porto are being priced up on name here a bit as APOEL are no pushovers, after surprising Zenit and Shakhtar is the first two games. Two years ago they performed very well away from home and picked up draws against Atletico and Chelsea. Porto have lost a core group of players, but naturally will still provide quite a fair amount of quality, and should rack up decent possession stats. But APOEL are a very efficient counter attacking side that have had the same coach for a number of years, so should be pretty settled. Two years ago Porto only beat them by one goal in the group stages also. Leverkusen V Valencia OVER 10 AH total corners @ 1.9 - BET365. What we have here should be an exciting contest between two fairly offensive sides. This handicap has been beaten in both Valencia's CL games this season, while Leverkusen hammered this line against Genk, but weren't quite so fortunate against Chelsea. I remember last season in the Europa league when Leverkusen faced Villarreal, high corner numbers were achieved because both sides will fancy their chances and I'd expect each side to be forward enough in equal measure to rack up a few corners each.

Re: Champions League > Wednesday 19th October Olympiakos v Dortmund=over (2.05) Eurobet stakes 4 / 10 Olympiakos position 4° points 0 Dortmund position 3° points 1 Preview: Olympiakos: Injured: David Fuster (midfielder 4 / 2), Francisco Yeste (midfielder 0 / 0); in doubt: Ljubomir Fejsa (midfielder 1 / 0), Vasilis Torosidis (defender 3 / 0), Giannis Fetfatzidis (midfielder 1 / 0). Dortmund: absent: Lucas Barrios (forward 3 / 0), Patrick Owomoyela (defender 1 / 1); in doubt: Marcel Schmelzer (defender 4 / 0), Chris Lowe (6 midfielder / 0). Olympiakos has a score of w0-d0-l2 goals scored 1 goals against 3 while Dortmund has a score of w0-d1-l1 goals scored 1 goals against 4. Olympiakos started with two defeats champions lost at home with a score of 1-0 to Marseille and away with the score 1-2 against Arsenal. Dortmund has won only one point at home to Arsenal and a defeat against Marseille. I think this is a match with a lot of actions to goals because both teams want to win. Olympiakos in front of their fans will try to play a game very offensive. Dortmund is a strong team with quality players and I think that experience does not play defense and then move on with sudden counterattacks. :hope:hope:hope