maximize.gif Andorra v Republic of Ireland (20:30 BST) 42 16 1.07 102.09 %
maximize.gif Portugal v Iceland (21:00 BST) 1.11 10.5 41 102.05 %
Saturday 8th October
maximize.gif Liechtenstein v Scotland (18:30 BST) 12 6.5 1.31 100.05 %

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Armenia - Macedonia Here we have Armenia who have a chance to qualify from this group and Macedonia who have nothing to play for other than their pride. Macedonia is an average team and in their last 10 games they managed only 3 wins (2 against Andorra and 1 against Azerbaijan). After beating Slovakia 4-0 away Armenia will be fired up and they are normally strong at home. Armenia has some good players up front and I can see them causing problems to Macedonia and getting all 3 points. However, odds on home win are a bit short so will take them on a handicap. Armenia -1 AH @ 2.42 (2 units) Bet365

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October

Armenia - Macedonia Here we have Armenia who have a chance to qualify from this group and Macedonia who have nothing to play for other than their pride. Macedonia is an average team and in their last 10 games they managed only 3 wins (2 against Andorra and 1 against Azerbaijan). After beating Slovakia 4-0 away Armenia will be fired up and they are normally strong at home. Armenia has some good players up front and I can see them causing problems to Macedonia and getting all 3 points. However, odds on home win are a bit short so will take them on a handicap. Armenia -1 AH @ 2.42 (2 units) Bet365
Quite brave :) Inspite of their tremendous trouncing of the Slovaks, I still think Armenia are one of those sides that could completely muck up after a good result. Macedonia have their new coach, Toshack, and will be looking to impress. Hard to gauge their level under him, with a good performance in Russia, but then only beating Andorra 1-0, which is kind of like a defeat. I think it could go either way, so one to skip for me. Good luck though. Any Dutch fans here? Has Van Marwijk said anything about his side for Friday? I'd like to back the Dutch, but I'd prefer to know who's involved first.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October GREECE-CROATIA PICK:CROATIA+0 ODDS:2.08 LADBROKES Euro 2012 Qualifiers Group F CROATIA 8-19 GREECE 8-18 ISRAEL 9-13 GEORGIA 9-10 LATVIA 8- 8 MALTA 8- 1 Stadium Karaiskakis,Capacity 33.334 A very early pick but we think that if not happens something unexpected the odds for croatia will drop in next days, As the table shows this match is something like a final between the 2 teams because which team takes the result that wants 90% will qualify for euro 2012. The situation is clear ,the greeks want only the win to climb up in the top of the group while the croats will play for 2 results because even with a draw the team will remains at hte top. Greece is a strong team who remains undefeated with santos at the bench for 14 games but usually the tactic of the team is to wait and to hit at the counterattacks but for this match this strategy wont help because has to score in order to take the win and this is something that greek team dont succeed easily. Croatia is a very good team will many talented players from the best european teams,very experienced to overcome the hot crowd of karaiskakis and with the comfort that play for 2 results will find it easier to make their game and the spaces that maybe the greek team leaves when they searching for goal. All in all this will be a very difficult match but we rate the croatian team as better and also with the greek team who is obligated to play offensively,not a familiar play for them we are going to risk at the visitors win with very good odds.

Will Germany be fielding a weakened side against Turkey?
I guess it's very likely since they have already qualified and won the group and their coach might experiment and try new formation or some new players. Turkey will be fighting in this game and I doubt any coach would want to risk his key players.

Will Germany be fielding a weakened side against Turkey?
I guess it's very likely since they have already qualified and won the group and their coach might experiment and try new formation or some new players. Turkey will be fighting in this game and I doubt any coach would want to risk his key players.
No,Germany is NOT fielding a weakened side.They have nominated all of their players including Neuer,Lahm,Mertesacker,Özil,Götze,Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Podolski,Müller,Gomez,Cacau and Klose. I don't think that Germany has much problems against such a bad turkish side.At least DNB/AH0 Germany should be taken.:ok

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Romania v Belarus - 3pts Romania -1 H'cap @ 21/10 Paddy Power Getting on this price early as I don't see over 2/1 come the day, must win game for Romania in the unlikely event that they can reach the top two, the two teams are level on points so far with 12 each. Romania have strong home form in EURO qualifiers unbeaten in their last 13, conceading only six goals in that time. Belarus have only scored 1 goal away from home in this group and that came at France in the period just after the WC and we know what kind of state the French team was in. Admittedly they don't concede a great deal but Romania have won 2 of the last 3 in this fixture by 2 goals and have won 2 of their 4 home group games by 2 or more. Anyway I think over 2/1 for this to happen is wrong.

No,Germany is NOT fielding a weakened side.They have nominated all of their players including Neuer,Lahm,Mertesacker,Özil,Götze,Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Podolski,Müller,Gomez,Cacau and Klose. I don't think that Germany has much problems against such a bad turkish side.At least DNB/AH0 Germany should be taken.:ok
Just checked and DNB is @ 1.50-1.60. I really can't see Germany losing this one so this bet is definitely going into double with something else.

Just checked and DNB is @ 1.50-1.60. I really can't see Germany losing this one so this bet is definitely going into double with something else.
Maybe Germany will play with 3-4 substitues,but those players are far stronger than the Turkish team. I will take the DNB/AH0 in a double.Furthermore I like the AH-0,25 with odds >@1,90:hope

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Wales v Switzerland - LAY Switzerland (4pt Liability) @ 1.90 Betfair This looks very short to me, Wales seemed to have improved in their last two matches, beating Montenergo at home and then giving it a right go at Wembley v England, should of come away with something. Although they have nothing to play for I think the Welsh camp will want to improve on those two matches with a positive result here. Switzerland are yet to win away in their last three EURO matches and although they probably have the more complete squad I fancy Wales to get something here on home turf.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Finland - Sweden Sweden is really strong at the moment and knowing that their last game is against Holland they simply must win here to secure the play-off spot. In their last 10 games Finland only managed wins against teams like Moldova, Latvia and San Marino (away they only managed to win 1-0). Sweden won the first game against Finland 5-0 and their squad is much more experienced so I expect a win for Sweden here. Sweden & Germany +1 @ 2.18 (5 units) William Hill

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October I'd advise anyone against sticking Scotland in a multi for a couple of reasons... 1. The importance of the match (which is played on Saturday) rests entirely on the Czech-Spain tie on Friday. If the Czechs take something, Scotland can no longer finish 2nd, and this will be a dead match. 2. Our top striker Kenny Miller is hugely doubtful through injury. If he doesn't make it then we'll be giving a first Scotland start to the Brighton striker Craig MacKail-Smith. There's definitely easier matches to make your money from. :ok

I'd advise anyone against sticking Scotland in a multi for a couple of reasons... 1. The importance of the match (which is played on Saturday) rests entirely on the Czech-Spain tie on Friday. If the Czechs take something, Scotland can no longer finish 2nd, and this will be a dead match. 2. Our top striker Kenny Miller is hugely doubtful through injury. If he doesn't make it then we'll be giving a first Scotland start to the Craig MacKail-Smith. There's definitely easier matches to make your money from. :ok
Yeah I was looking at taking Scotland on but it would be a bet based just against them because the hosts record doesn't look great and I don't really have an idea about them, I know Scotland just edged them at home but I believe Scotland have been a tad better lately and will be more aware of them after that match. Scotland so short away from home makes you think about laying doesn't it but as I say what to the hosts have going for them?

Wales v Switzerland - LAY Switzerland (4pt Liability) @ 1.90 Betfair This looks very short to me, Wales seemed to have improved in their last two matches, beating Montenergo at home and then giving it a right go at Wembley v England, should of come away with something. Although they have nothing to play for I think the Welsh camp will want to improve on those two matches with a positive result here. Switzerland are yet to win away in their last three EURO matches and although they probably have the more complete squad I fancy Wales to get something here on home turf.
Disagree here. First of all, I don't understand how you can bet on a team who will play just for pride against a team who need the win badly. Switzerland are still fighting for the second place with Montenegro (and its very likely that Montenegro will lose against England). So if Switz win, they both will have 11 points and having home advantage in the last group game (Switzerland - Montenegro) is not a bad thing. Secondly, Wales trio James Collins, Joe Ledley and Danny Collins have been ruled out of the squad against Switz because of injuries. Third, Didn't see Switz away game against Lichtensten, but I think against England they were great. So if they put similar performance, they can definitely get the 3 points. Wales is not a world beater... thats for sure. Not saying that Switzerland represent some big value here, but wouldn't go against them for sure.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October I think there is a lovely little accumulator on offer for the qualifiers this weekend. All teams need to win and are playing sides that are out of the running, and all are odds-on, all really should win and i think it represents value... Armenia v Macedonia @ 4/6 Finland v Sweden @ 8/15 Wales v Switzerland @ 3/4 Cyprus v Denmark @ 4/9 Liechenstein v Scotland @ 1/4 Accumulator @ over 7/1 Paddy Power

Scotland so short away from home makes you think about laying doesn't it but as I say what to the hosts have going for them?
Regardless of the situation, Scotland should still win. We'll have 6/7 Premiership players in the team, so should have enough of an edge. But, if the Czechs get something at home from a Spain side that's already qualified, the whole Scotland camp goes flat, and Leichtenstein won't be easy for us to carve open. Other than v Spain, they've been fairly solid in this group. The match will probably attract a fair bit of betting interest since it's the only one on Saturday, but I'd wait until after the Czech game before getting involved.

Regardless of the situation, Scotland should still win. We'll have 6/7 Premiership players in the team, so should have enough of an edge. But, if the Czechs get something at home from a Spain side that's already qualified, the whole Scotland camp goes flat, and Leichtenstein won't be easy for us to carve open. Other than v Spain, they've been fairly solid in this group. The match will probably attract a fair bit of betting interest since it's the only one on Saturday, but I'd wait until after the Czech game before getting involved.
For what it's worth, I think a relaxed Spanish side will be very dangerous for an average Czech team, and it woulnd't surprise me to see them do the Scots a favour. Teamtalk reports Scotland are hopeful about Kenny Miller too.

I think there is a lovely little accumulator on offer for the qualifiers this weekend. All teams need to win and are playing sides that are out of the running, and all are odds-on, all really should win and i think it represents value... Armenia v Macedonia @ 4/6 Finland v Sweden @ 8/15 Wales v Switzerland @ 3/4 Cyprus v Denmark @ 4/9 Liechenstein v Scotland @ 1/4 Accumulator @ over 7/1 Paddy Power
Because accumulators offer attractive odds, it's easy to forget to work out whether the individual games are good value. I think it's a good idea to ask the question - would you place single bets on all these? If so, then the accumulator is good value. If not, then it might not be.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October I would stick in this round with teams who actually need something and not just play for nothing/pride. Sweden should take care of business in Finland. These are two neighbour countries, but in terms of football quality these are two different teams. Watched the first meeting with these two and Finland was absoloutely clueless in that match. As Sweden and Hungary both have 18 points in this group this game of course is cruicial. If they are not gonna take all 3 points, i think their chances are basically over, as the last game is against Netherland. Ibrahimovich and Mellberg both have been called up for the squad. Already wrote about Swtizerland in other post. I think they have a good chance of winning this one. If Germany will play with full squad they should win in Turkey. Have a feeling that they wanna end this qualification stage with all wins.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October ITALIA +0,25 1,96 RUSSIA DNB 1,79 CROAZIA +0,25 1,80 MACEDONA +0,75 1,84 segno 2 5,00 stanley FINLANDIA +0,75 1,87 segno 1 6,00 AZERBAJAN +0,5 1,83 segno X 3,30 ESTONIA +0,5 1,87 ENGLAND -0,5 1,83 SVIZZERA -0,5 1,87 SBOBET L 'Italy Prandelli I've never seen it presents, even in friendly matches, true to Serbia would win and then go on holiday in Slovenia, Serbia, but I really sucks and our support, then if we're going to Belgrade will pay to make a gift without any problems. Equal to Russia just to qualify for the final round because the house faces in Andorra, Slovakia is instead forced to play all out because only winning could have some small hope, but they say that the latest results for Slovakia sucks whose support the Russians who believe that they do not lose this game. Croatia for me in Greece never loses, if he wants to win Greece constrained to arrive before the game and this could lead to reinstatement of more than 0.25 croati.Il I think played very well. I saw her play Macedonia in Moscow, and frankly do not deserve to lose, right past them, but results are not exciting to see 5.00 in Armenia, I can not play it, but I think the most 0.75 presents something. The share of Finland at home in the Scandinavian derby prenderla.Finlandia 6.00 I could not help that after a period of crisis has been called to play a friendly win easily beating Latvia and Moldova, the Netherlands took home the second network to 90.Questa I do not like Sweden, Hungary was taken from balls and won the San Marino is off, but before marking the book has suffered moltissimo.Chiaro defend them Swedes who play the second place with 'Hungary, the odds but I have never so scared to sign a +0.75 and 6.00 to 1.87, if the rest pay more convinced that I played well. Estonia is outside the home is dangerous, this Northern Ireland do not like anything, Estonians who then play something, I think that is appoggiabbile +0.5. I do not think that England make gifts to Montenegro, Montenegro saw Wales lose against England. Switzerland is obliged to go to Wales for the three points, I think the victory is largely the extent and in the last round is played at home against the Montenegrins, but in the meantime Galles.Quota serve three points which I think is pretty well .

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Personally I'm not sure backing sides that need to win is ever the best course of action really. We have to remember that the sides that need a win haven't been good enough to get the points on the board so far, and now throw in the added expectation levels. Why are they considered better prospets now than last month, or the month before :unsure Wales V Switzerland for instance. Yes, Switzerland "need the win", but so did Montenegro really last month, and Wales beat them 2-1. Then there's the Wales performance against England to take into consideration. They were worth a point in that game. I remember when Scotland needed the points against Holland during the WC qualifying campaign. Holland had "nothing to play for" (another one of those overused clique's) and everyone was on Scotland. Yet Holland won 1-0. I'm sure there's other examples.

Personally I'm not sure backing sides that need to win is ever the best course of action really. We have to remember that the sides that need a win haven't been good enough to get the points on the board so far, and now throw in the added expectation levels. Why are they considered better prospets now than last month, or the month before :unsure Wales V Switzerland for instance. Yes, Switzerland "need the win", but so did Montenegro really last month, and Wales beat them 2-1. Then there's the Wales performance against England to take into consideration. They were worth a point in that game. I remember when Scotland needed the points against Holland during the WC qualifying campaign. Holland had "nothing to play for" (another one of those overused clique's) and everyone was on Scotland. Yet Holland won 1-0. I'm sure there's other examples.
Good points and I especially don't think you can apply this system in International fixtures, it should be an honour to play for your country and I'd like to think even in this day and age that rule still applies, although we've heard some things said about the England camp more recently.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Really like the look of a double with: Sweden to win into Croatia +0 or +0.5 Basically for reasons already mentioned above. Sweden are superior to Finland and beat them 5-0 first time so should see this as easy 3 points Croatia I see as having better players and play than Greece and as "Greek Expert" posted before, Greece is one of those teams that sit back and play a very negative style with many players behind the ball and with home crowd pushing them forward it will be interesting to see what they produce in a game where 3 points are essential. Sweden must win to remain in contention for a playoff spot while Croatia must avoid defeat to remain ahead of the Greeks, so motivation is no issue in these games.......any news on these games anyone? Goodluck :ok

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Wait wait guys.... I am not saying that we should always bet in situations when a team ''need the win.'' I wouldn't go against some ''big name'' national teams ( Spain, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, etc) who already have qualified for the next stage and will play with reserves and whom people might say that they have ''nothing to play for'' . What biggest part is forgetting here, that those 2nd choice players are usually playing with 110% motivation to show what they are capable for. But that's no the point here. Wales isn't actually some mighty team who have trashed teams earlier and now will just play at home for pride. I don't rate them higher than Switz. What is more, they are missing 3 regular players. Besides that I don't think this is some ''cheap lay'', what is available in Betfair. Switzerland hasn't lost already 7 games... so if we are going against them, we are expecting two things - Wales win or draw. Is Wales gonna win this game - I highly doubt. Could it be draw.. yes, thats possible, but then I would take a shot on Draw @ 3.85 rather than expecting a first loss for switzerland since 08.10.10 What I do agree is that Wales did play good against England, but so did Switzerland.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Well just beause they have to win is not the sole reason i did my accumulator. On paper every side is a much stronger team than their opponents, Switzerland are a much better side than Wales, they beat Spain at the World Cup lets not forget. Cyprus have not won a game yet, the Danes should win that comfortably, Sweden have far too much class for Finland, and Scotland should beat Liechenstein, they are far superior.. I would have been happy to back the accumulator @ 5/1 MPLouis, so yes i think 7/1 is good value.

Well just beause they have to win is not the sole reason i did my accumulator. On paper every side is a much stronger team than their opponents' date=' Switzerland are a much better side than Wales, they beat Spain at the World Cup lets not forget. Cyprus have not won a game yet, the Danes should win that comfortably, Sweden have far too much class for Finland, and Scotland should beat Liechenstein, they are far superior.. I would have been happy to back the accumulator @ 5/1 MPLouis, so yes i think 7/1 is good value.[/quote'] I think it's fine, but I'd be a bit wary of Armenia, like I said in my post on page one. Very good, hopefully up and coming side, but this is the kind of situation where they know they're the favs, and they may struggle with that. Macedonia did well in their only away game under Toshack too, in Russia. What about the likes of Bosnia and Portugal half-time/full-time? I'll probably have them in an acca, as I fully expect comfortable wins from both.

I think it's fine, but I'd be a bit wary of Armenia, like I said in my post on page one. Very good, hopefully up and coming side, but this is the kind of situation where they know they're the favs, and they may struggle with that. Macedonia did well in their only away game under Toshack too, in Russia. What about the likes of Bosnia and Portugal half-time/full-time? I'll probably have them in an acca, as I fully expect comfortable wins from both.
In my opinion, Armenia are the dodgy ones, but i expect them to nick it.. You see if Armenia do let me down i would still be delighted as im Irish and if Armenia fail to win they are out of the running for the Euro 2012 campaign. Would much prefer to play Armenia with them out than with them needing a result in Ireland. So either way in that match im happy.