England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5

aliando

Tuesday 4 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Gillingham v Barnet (19:00 BST) 1.75 3.4 4.5 108.78 %
maximize.gif Huddersfield Town v Bradford City (19:00 BST) 1.4 4 8 108.93 %
maximize.gif Scunthorpe United v Oldham Athletic (19:00 BST) 2.1 3.3 3.3 108.23 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Swindon Town (19:15 BST) 2.3 3.25 2.9 108.73 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v Walsall (19:15 BST) 2.25 3.25 3 108.55 %
maximize.gif Morecambe v Preston North End (19:30 BST) 2.9 3.35 2.3 107.81 %
maximize.gif Wycombe Wanderers v Cheltenham Town (19:30 BST) 1.8 3.4 4.2 108.78 %
maximize.gif Accrington Stanley v Tranmere Rovers (19:45 BST) 2.9 3.25 2.3 108.73 %
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Yeovil Town (19:45 BST) 1.83 3.4 4 108.96 %
maximize.gif AFC Wimbledon v Stevenage (19:45 BST) 2.87 3.2 2.37 108.14 %
maximize.gif Aldershot Town v Oxford United (19:45 BST) 2.87 3.2 2.37 108.14 %
maximize.gif Dagenham & Redbridge v Southend United (19:45 BST) 2.5 3.25 2.62 108.86 %
maximize.gif Notts County v Chesterfield (19:45 BST) 1.9 3.3 3.9 108.33 %
maximize.gif Rotherham United v Sheffield United (19:45 BST) 3.1 3.25 2.2 108.48 %
Wednesday 5 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Crewe Alexandra v Macclesfield Town (19:30 BST) 2.08 3.35 3.5 106.50 %
maximize.gif Charlton Athletic v Brentford (19:45 BST) 1.8 3.4 4.2 108.78 %

Hi guys, for my midweek selection I'm going for the following Huddersfield - can't see y they should lose to Bradford who are simply struggling Rochdale - at home bit shaky I think but I can see them pounce on Walsall Preston- they have been good home/away, although morecamble can cause a riot at home as well. But still I feel Preston will be up for it. Southend- goals will rain here, dag & red will not fall back as usual but Southend will prove too much. Charlton- amazing they are on a different level enjoying their football , brentford don't seem interested in this cup anyway. I myt even slap a £50 on this 5 fold, looks good but we all know teams can slap me back and disappoint I have substitutes for this list : Wrexham - myt prove too much for cheeky Gateshead Gillingham - play sloppy Barnett Tell me what y'll think?

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5

Hi guys, for my midweek selection I'm going for the following Huddersfield - can't see y they should lose to Bradford who are simply struggling Rochdale - at home bit shaky I think but I can see them pounce on Walsall Preston- they have been good home/away, although morecamble can cause a riot at home as well. But still I feel Preston will be up for it. Southend- goals will rain here, dag & red will not fall back as usual but Southend will prove too much. Charlton- amazing they are on a different level enjoying their football , brentford don't seem interested in this cup anyway. I myt even slap a £50 on this 5 fold, looks good but we all know teams can slap me back and disappoint I have substitutes for this list : Wrexham - myt prove too much for cheeky Gateshead Gillingham - play sloppy Barnett Tell me what y'll think?
Not sure I fancy Preston. They concede far too many goals to be considered a safe bet for me. They also ruined my weekend accumulator by losing to Leyton Orient :wall EDIT forgot to comment on your other picks. I agree with your other picks, but will stay away from Rochdale. I especially fancy Southend, they look to be in great form! May put my all of my weekend winnings on them

to-morrows 14 games' date='over 0.5 accy about evens with bet 365.[/quote'] does this mean evens for no scoreless draws among the 14 matches: if so, it doesn't sound particularly good value. In the JPT's 13 first round matches in August there were two 0-0 draws

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 Huddersfield V Bradford I have a feeling 8-1 (Victor Chandler) for Bradford could be value if the dog botherers from Huddersfield don't take this competition too seriously, as with Sheffield Wednesday last round. We threw away a 2-0 lead on Saturday but for 20 mins played some great stuff and then came back into the game later on but couldn't find a winner. Kyel Reid is dangerous for us and scored the 1st on Saturday, he also got the 1st at Crawley away and at 20-1 to score 1st that is some value for me. If Huddersfield play a strong line up (can only make 5 changes) and want to win this game I think we will probably be outclassed but the City players will be up for this and played well in the Wednesday game and also the Carling Cup game at Leeds and at the prices available I'd be taking Bradford. Bets: 1pt WIN - Bradford 8-1 VCBet 1pt EW Kyel Reid to score 1st 20-1 Bet 365

Event Dagenham & Red - Southend
Selection Southend To Qualify
Strength 10/10
Date 04/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.91
Reasoning The two teams are from League Two and this can be used to compare the moment and quality of them. Southend is the leader, with four brilliant consecutive wins, the last one on Friday by a clear 3-0 over the contender to promotion Shrewsbury. They are on a great moment, scoring ten goals on the last four games and not conceding a single one. It is probable they rotate some players today but they have a deep quality squad enough to face this game optimistic. Dagenham & Red is in the 20th place and they were with four consecutive defeats before winning the last game in the last minute against Crewe, by 2-1. It was Saturday at home, which mean they have less 24 hours of rest than Southend. They have one of the poorest attack of League Two with just nine goals scored in eleven games played. It is also unknown if they will rotate some players today but anyway, Southen is still being my favourite here.

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 I won't ever back Charlton - I'm not a big punter but put 200 on the to beat Orient a couple of seasons ago and they lost. And this season had 100 on them to beat some dross and they failed to win. Charlton are my bogey team :(

I kinda agree' date=' Preston letting a lot of goals as of recently but this should be a match they can take , Rochdale are a risk, and for tht I will swap them for Gillingham or Wrexham.[/quote'] I wouldn't fancy taking Gillingham in the JPT simply because the manager is under huge pressure to get Gillingham promoted I can see him sending out a very understrength side I dont envisage Gillingham losing but it will either be a scrappy 1-0 win or go into extra time I'm gonna put down Exeter to beat Swindon @ 2.30 with Bet365 on the basis that Swindon manager Di Canio wont care at all about the JPT that and struggling Exeter will try and use this game to give the team a boost and abit of momentum heading into the weekend.

I wouldn't fancy taking Gillingham in the JPT simply because the manager is under huge pressure to get Gillingham promoted I can see him sending out a very understrength side I dont envisage Gillingham losing but it will either be a scrappy 1-0 win or go into extra time I'm gonna put down Exeter to beat Swindon @ 2.30 with Bet365 on the basis that Swindon manager Di Canio wont care at all about the JPT that and struggling Exeter will try and use this game to give the team a boost and abit of momentum heading into the weekend.
Gillingham might use this match to boost confidence after that poor perfomance on the weekend , i still see them as a good bet against out of form Barnet, 1-0 or 2-1 Exeter to beat Swindow , that match is a bit shacky, there i see them going down to penalties 1-1

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 Few teams i'm tempted by: Wycombe-0.5 AH @ 1.95 Wycombe fielded a reasonable side in the last round and saw off Bristol Rovers 3-1, I dont think the difference in divisions will make much difference and although wycombe are struggling in the league at the moment i think they are good enough to beat a slightly hit-and-miss cheltenham side. Mark Yates has said he will make some changes to his Cheltenham team, so they may not be at full strength. Exeter @ 2.3 I think this is good price for an Exeter side that got a well needed win in the league on Saturday over Oldham. Its also no secret that Swindon have lost 5/6 away games in the league so far. Might be worth leaving this to see what sort of side Exeter field, but if Nardiello, Oakley, Bauza etc play as expected i think theres some good value here. Aldershot @ 2.5 I fancy Aldershot to progress from this all L2 encounter. Aldershot havent had the best starts to the season however they have knocked out both West Ham and Cardiff from the Carling Cup, I'd expect them to field a pretty strong side as they have very few injury problems currently. Oxford have been in good form recently, and have currently got a 3 game win streak away from home in the league, however all 3 games were against sides at the bottom. Oxford boss Chris Wilder is also expected to rest a few players for tonights games Any thoughts on my selections welcome? Just to add, a treble of Wycombe +0.5 Exeter +0.5 Aldershot +0.5 works out @ 2.55 with Bet365

what about Gillingham - Barnet so many money on home win!! any infos about this game.....looks like home win??
Hard one to call, personally i dont see much value @ 1.73, although i do think Gillingham might win. It really depends on what sort of side they put out, they will be without Charlie Lee through suspension and are expected to make a few changes from the weekends loss to AFC Wimbledon What do you think?

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 Exeter City vs Swindon Town I think there is a great value in this one. Exeter is underrated by the fact they have just 2 wins and 2 draws in 11 games in the League One. But their injuries and bad form were determinant to these results. Now seems they got back on winning tracks with this 2-0 administrated to Oldham. For tonight, will be missing midfielder Jake Taylor, but he will be replaced by Richard Logan or Matt Whichelow. Daniel Nardiello was injured slightly in the last match, but will be in the first XI tonight. Also striker John O'Flynn, another important player last season. He only played 17 minutes last game, but he was on the first match after an injury. So I expect a strong team in Exeter City tonight! The manager Paolo Di Canio did not maintain the same players in the team 2 games in a row, each time making some changes. Maybe that would be the reason for which Swindon has poor results - in addition to value of the players and manager. Swindon played with ambition in this competition, eliminating Bristol City, 1-0 away, but the ambition was mainly because it was a local derby. Exeter will play to win here. Form does not allow them not to pull hard in this match. Manager Paul Tisdale will use this match as a good opportunity to improve the chemistry of the group. home -0.25 AH @ 2.08 with 188bet

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 Aldershot vs Oxford Both teams are playing in League Two with pretty good results, The Shots with 6 wins and 2 draws in last 10 games, and Oxford with 3 wins and 2 draws in last five matches. Aldershot were formidable in the tournament beating West Ham United and Carlisle, teams from top leagues. Manager Dean Holdsworth will have all players available and is expected to introduce a redoubtable team field. Oxford will try to remain unbeaten after four wins in the last 5 games in this season, away. But will not send on the field a standard team. I expect home side to win again, especially after the two consecutive defeats they have suffered. It is a good opportunity to comeback to a better morale. home 0 AH @ 1.84 with Ladbrokes

Hard one to call, personally i dont see much value @ 1.73, although i do think Gillingham might win. It really depends on what sort of side they put out, they will be without Charlie Lee through suspension and are expected to make a few changes from the weekends loss to AFC Wimbledon What do you think?
personaly i not know the teams is about many money on home win!more than usual... that´s why i put the question!! is stranje..

personaly i not know the teams is about many money on home win!more than usual... that´s why i put the question!! is stranje..
Personally I'd stay away from sides priced under evens in this competition. For most sides it's really too much of a distraction and you do see a fair few shocks. Barnet haven't been great in the league but they did knock out League One Colchester 3-1 in the previous round.

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 Accrington v Tranmere Accrington won this fixture last year v Tranmere in the same trophy at Prenton Park. This time its at the crown ground. Accrington got a well needed victory at home to impressive Aldershot last weekend and I think they will build on that victory. Accrington should field a similar squad to the one that went out on saturday. Tranmere will probably make a few changes, bringing in the likes of Max Power to play. They drew a frustrating 0-0 draw with Bournemouth on saturday with Jose Baxter missing some great chances. I this game will be even however with Accrington coming just out on top, I will use to DNB as insurance however. Accrington Stanley DNB - 1.9 William Hill

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 Wimbledon - Stevenage Over 2.5 Goals. home :Jolley good form.:clap away :last match lost extra time.:clapReid and Beardsley good player. this type matches suprise result.I am according to this 90 min result over 2.5 goals. Over 2.5 Goals : 1,70 Good Value.

Personally i wouldnt place money on football teams i know nothing about... I'm far from the wisest punters on here, but 90%+ of my bets are on L1 or L2 matches, and would say these are the leagues i know best. Betting on these cup games is hard, particularly when some teams prioritise it higher than others, and teams give players a go etc. So unless there is someone you really fancy or you can see one of the underdogs winning at a good price it might be worth staying away. On a different note, saw something on skysports saying Danny Wilson will field his strongest possible side for Sheffield Utd this evening and he wants to try and win this game to give his team some momentum following succesive league defeats, you can still get 2.025 for Sheffield Utd -0.5AH which doesnt look to bad if that is the case, especially with Rotherham playing badly at the moment - no win in 4 games.

Hi guys' date=' just spoke to my mate who plays for Exeter, he said dont bet on City, as they are missing loads of key players. Just thought id warn you[/quote'] Got any names? i was waiting with my bet on them to see the starting XI

Re: England: Johnstone's Paint Trophy Oct 4-5 SOUTHEND DNB....21/20....Willy hilly....stakes....1/10.....As FCP mentioned above I think the shrimpers have a good chance tonight.The are on a winning streak at the moment and I think the manager will want to keep the winning mentality in the club.Of course they may rest a few tonight but with Hall,Grant,Moshni and Sturrock in contention they have quality waiting in the wings. Dag and Red have Sam Williams out for this one and he is their joint top scorer with two goals.They have a couple of players coming back from injury and this would be the perfect game to introduce them but they may be short of match practice. To sum up,I think the price is right here to reflect the chance.It's slipped a little now as Willy H has caught up with the other crookies.It's generally around 4/5 now for the DNB. This tournament deserves small stakes and I'm on the league leaders to keep the winning feeling going......

Hi guys' date=' just spoke to my mate who plays for Exeter, he said dont bet on City, as they are missing loads of key players. Just thought id warn you[/quote'] for sure he is just afraid! This is not that they will surrender! If Nardiello plays is enough for me! And he will play!