Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October

Saturday 1 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Osasuna v Real Mallorca (17:00 BST) 1.9 3.6 5 100.16 %
maximize.gif Racing Santander v Rayo Vallecano (17:00 BST) 2.28 3.4 3.5 101.84 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Real Zaragoza (17:00 BST) 1.65 4.1 6.4 100.62 %
maximize.gif Valencia v Granada CF (19:00 BST) 1.36 5.4 12 100.38 %
maximize.gif Málaga v Getafe (21:00 BST) 1.61 4.3 6.6 100.52 %
Sunday 2 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Real Sociedad v Athletic Bilbao (11:00 BST) 2.52 3.45 3.05 101.45 %
maximize.gif Real Betis v Levante UD (15:00 BST) 1.83 3.75 5 101.21 %
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Sevilla (17:00 BST) 2.02 3.7 4.2 100.34 %
maximize.gif Real Sporting de Gijon v FC Barcelona (19:00 BST) 21 8.4 1.18 101.28 %
maximize.gif Espanyol v Real Madrid (21:00 BST) 14 6.4 1.3 99.69 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October Nop full squad for Malaga with even Toulalan recovered from his injuries. Its in spanish but if you want further info here In my opinion Getafe is a good team and had a poor start. The other day they won Betis at home and maybe that's why odds are around 1.60. Note that Betis had a 4-0 record before that loss. By the way Güiza from Getafe is recovered from his injury and most likely he'll play.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October I'm going to do sporting de gijon v Barcelona over 3.5 goals, Barcelona have played 10 competitive games this season and 9 of them have been over 3.5 the only one that wasn't was the euro super cup win over porto (barca 2-0 porto) Sky bet have this down as evens Any feedback/advice?

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Sporting Gijon v Barcelona
Selection Over 3.5 Total Goals
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.00
Reasoning Barcelona from the start of this season both laliga and champions league in all the games they played a total goal of over 3.5 goals minimum will surely come out,and in this very match i think they will continue on their scoring chance as they have the attacking playing method more than any other team. that is why i go for this.

I'm going to do sporting de gijon v Barcelona over 3.5 goals, Barcelona have played 10 competitive games this season and 9 of them have been over 3.5 the only one that wasn't was the euro super cup win over porto (barca 2-0 porto) Sky bet have this down as evens Any feedback/advice?
I like it, so far Sporting has played really bad. The coach Preciado is being questioned these last days and personally I think they'll lose tomorrow by some goals. Since Castro left the team (he's now in Getafe), a "game creator" is missing in Gijón, so they have a poor midfield.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October One early for tomorrow: Match: Real Sociedad-Athletic Bilbao Stake: 10/10 Pick: Over 5.5 cards @ 1,67 bet365 Regional derby between San Sebastian's team and Bilbao's team. This week Bilbao played a great game against PSG and after that effort the have to be really tired. Bielsa, the coach, didn't modify last year team structure and they played a really worth watching match. They have 3 doubtful but very important player : Equiza, Muniain and Amorebieta. On the other hand Real Sociedad who has been a regular team since the start of the season giving a great surpise drawing Barsa at home. Xavi Prieto and the frenchman Griezman are playing so evrything is set for a great Sociedad game. Another fact is that the game is played at 12:00 hours, and now the temperatures are extremely high in that part of Spain (something really strange because normally is always raining :). It's expected a temperature above 30 degrees Celsius, with a great humidity level. In fact LLorente, the striker from Bilbao has declared that this schedule isn't good for them, they had just 50 hours to rest and the heat will be a great disadvantage. So for me one clear bet which is the number of cards on this game. I think Bilbao's deffence isn't going to be as fresh as they'd like and they are going to see cards. Sociedad makes a lot of faults so I count on them to get ar least 2 cards or more. Finally I'm taking: Over 5.5 cards As for the outcome of the match, i don't really know. Bilbao maybe uses the other's day success and gives a surprise, but I don't know what Bielsa will do tomorrow. He changes the lineup and the position of the players every week. Sociedad is not playing bad, and maybe now that Prieto is ok he can connect with Griezmann and lead Sociedad to a victory. Good luck everyone:ok

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October Long time reader, first time poster here. After my disastrous punting today I'm looking to make a bit back on tomorrow's la liga games. I'm going for Barcelona -2 goals @ 2.05 with William Hill. For me Barcelona simply have too much quality for Gijon who haven't scored at home in their last 2 games whereas Barca are looking dangerous and Messi has an astonishing 14 goals already this season :notworthy Depending on how I feel later I may consider taking Barca -3 goals @ 3.5 with William Hill for the same reasons stated above.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October Real Betis v Levante Levante +0.5 @2.10 with bet365 Stake 5/10 I think bookies overrated Betis here considering their great start of the season. But Andalusians winning run ended logically against Getafe in the last round. Now on Benito Villamarin is coming Levante - a team in top form with three consecutive wins. Granotes have a decent record of 1-3-0 in their last four outings, they are also among the only 2 teams in La Liga that haven't been defeated this season along with Sevilla. That's why I consider the price of 2.10 for Levante not to lose pretty generous. Levante were one of the best performing teams in the second part of the last season. It seems that they kept the momentum despite the selling of their star Felipe Caicedo. Granotes found a great replacement in the likes of Arouna Kone who carried a great game against real Madrid. Valdo and Aranda are excellent alternatives up front, their experience and skills can decide every single game with a vital goal. Midfielder Ruben Suarez is also in a great form netting two against Espanyol in the last round. Back in defense things also look quite good where 36 years old Sergio Ballesteros does miracles. The solid central defender was announced man of the match in 2 of the last 3 games of Levante (against Real M. and Rayo). I haven't watched much of Betis games so far but I was disappointed from their last performance against Geta. Andalusians were completely outplayed back then. Well I should also mention that I watched their away game against Bilbao and they looked impressing but the thing then was they took the lead early in the game and cought Athletic on deadly counter attacks. I doubt this would be the case in tomorrows game against the well organized team of Levante.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October Atletico Madrid v Sevilla Atletico Madrid -0.5 @2.00 with bet365 Stake 5/10 Not a great value in this one but I think home win at evens is good enough to be taken. Atletico rested few of their key players against Rennes namely Godin, Tiago and Reyes which came to show that Rojiblankos had an eye on Sevilla game. Those three are supposed to start tomorrow. Falcao and Diego played full 90 minutes against the French side but I guess it was done with purpose as those two are newcomers and missed the start of the season so they need some more in-play time to gel with the new teammates. However Falcao looks like he already settled in, as he scored 5 goals in Primera. Diego also looks promising and could become the long waited trequarista for Atletico. Reyes is another player to watch, his raids and passes always bring troubles for the opponents. Sevilla recorded a decent run since the beginning of the season with 3 wins and 2 draws. Not that I am trying to belittle their achievement but somehow they do not look so convincing to me. Andalusians won all their three games at home, all of them with a 1 goal margin. They drew both of their outings facing Osasuna and Villareal. From what I have seen Villareal is not the same team and Osasuna is a class if not more below Atletico. Sevilla will have their first tough test on the road this season and I expect them to record a first loss. Expected line-ups according to Marca: Atletico Madrid Courtois; Silvio, Godin, Dominguez, F.Luis; Tiago, Gabi, Diego; Reyes, Falcao, Turan Sevilla Varas; Navarro, Spahic, Cacares, Coke; Perotti, Rakitic, Medel, Navas; Negredo, Kanoute Striker Diego Costa is injured for Atletico but that's a long term injury and it's not something new hosts should deal with. Key absentees for Sevilla are Trochowski (holding midfielder) and Escude (central defender) who are suspended due to being sent off in the last round against Valencia. Tiberio Guarente is doubtful but he is not a key player. Alvaro Negredo suffered a slight injury but will probably start. Edit: I've just noticed a typo in my bet. Meant Atletico -0.5 @2.00, not Atletico +0.5 as it was initially typed. Sorry for that.

What do you guys think about option both to score on the Atletico vs Sevilla match?
I'd say it's a good bet. Falcao Turan and Reyes are doing great lately, and Negredo is in a superb form.

I'd say it's a good bet. Falcao Turan and Reyes are doing great lately' date=' and Negredo is in a superb form.[/quote'] Not starting a debate here, but Turan does not get all the playing time I expected. As of Reyes, all we need to do is check his disciplinary record in the past 2 seasons - doesn't make him very reliable, does it? Reyes to get booked or sent off could have brought me some cash in the long run ;) This could be a very tight affair, with a lot of dirty play, plus a slightly more cautious approach from both ends, as both Managers for sure are aware of the qualities of the opposition. I give an advantage to Madrid, but no way @ 1,90. The suggestion about Goal/Goal is @ 1,61, too low for me - the same options for Lille vs Rennes is @ 1,83. I need to see my early bets first, with enough budget I would rather go for Cards and Goals, both...Over 6,5 Cards with the Asians is @ 1,70, Over 2,75 Goals is at 2,00. It is all about the odds, right? GL P.S. For the record - after 41 minutes Real Sociedad to score in the Basque derby is at 1,72, which I took gladly. Better than 1,61...

Re: Spain - La Liga - 1-2 October Betis - Levante Selection Draw Strength 10/10 Date 02/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.74 Reasoning Real Betis a unbelievable suprise of Primera Division,the leaders of the league,still one point ahead of Barcelona.On the other side another suprise,Levante team on 3rd position.So this is a clash of two big suprises and my choice for this match is a draw.After 4 victories in a row Betis was defeated in Madrid by Getafe.The tempo is to high for both sides so this is gonna be a very difficult match.For Betis Ruben Castro is still not ready for a return from injury so Roque Santa Cruz will again lead the line up front on the other side Levante has fully-fit squad for this match.I need to say that this two teams play very similar style of game. Hard match.Draw at the end.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Betis - Levante
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.76
Reasoning This should be tough encounter both teams are leading Primera division after five rounds Betis four won games one lost they hold 2-0-0 record at home 4-3 with Zaragoza 1-0 with Mallorca but failed in Mardid against Getafe in last round. On the other hand Levante are going today with three win in a row, including 1-0 versus Real Madrid at home. Levante is still unbeaten they started with two draw new season so this game will sure be very tough to both sides. Levante showed that their defense is very stong holding goalless Real Madrid who are with best offense in Primera and this is too possible another draw.

As of Reyes' date=' all we need to do is check his disciplinary record in the past 2 seasons - doesn't make him very reliable, does it?[/quote'] Seems a bit of a strange comment to me, Reyes' disciplinary record doesn't seem all that bad - 7 yellows and 1 red last year (from 38 games), 3 yellows and 1 red the year before (from 32 games) - http://www.terra.es/deportes/futbol/liga-primera/equipos/ficha-jugador/portada.cfm?id_jugador=995&id_equipo=4 10 yellows and 2 reds from 2 seasons doesn't seem unreasonable to me - let's put it this way, Cristiano Ronaldo over the same time (although from 66 games as opposed to 70 for Reyes) has 8 yellows and 2 reds, and I don't think you'd hear many people arguing that his disciplinary record makes him unreliable.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Atl. Madrid - Sevilla
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 02/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 3.80
Reasoning Atl. Madrid is going today after two home win in a row but at the start of Primera they drew 0-0 with Ossasuna also at home. Atletico failed 5-0 when visited Barcelona also they played on Thursday in France another draw 1-1 with local Rennes. On the other hand Sevilla are going today still unbeaten three win two loss second placed before this sixth round. Sevilla have also very strong offense with Canute, Navas, Negredo in front of their attack who will be with fresher legs than Atletico defense because of the tough game with Rennes. Atletico have Falcao but I think he will not be enough for the three points today.