** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21

aliando

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21

Aston Villa vs Bolton Form and home ground are on Villa side. Both teams will be weakened for several starters, it's important to say that the best attackers won't play tonight (Bent - Klasnic). Villa manager Alex McLeish has won this competition last season and surely wants to repeat that success. Better team should win in front of their fans... 1 @1.80 4/10
McLeish's cup win cost his team their Premier League place, so I'm not sure how excited he'll be by winning it again :lol From what I've read, Villa will play their ''strongest possible side'' and Bolton will rotate, which hopefully strengthens your bet.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Blackburn Rovers vs Leyton Orient Although home team is a big favorite in this match, I'll try with goals here. Blackburn is a class above team, but will be incomplete and exhausted after amazing win against Arsenal. On the other side, oldest London's club has started very poorly this season, so will try here to make a surprise as to raise morale of players. But defense is the weakest part of both teams, so we could see festival of goals at the Ewood Park. over 3,5 @2.25 2/10

Burnley v MK Dons I think MK Dons are overpriced to win this match. The draw no bet market looks quite good to me. Burnley are doing woefully bad in the championship thus far this season , lying in 20th position with only 1 win in the league, that being away to Derby. They have lost their last 2 games, at home to Middlesbrough and away to Peterborough. They also really struggled in their 2 carling cup games so far, both of which were at home to teams they would expect to beat well, Burton and Barnet. They won 6-3 after extra-time at home to Burton and won 3-2 after extra-time at home to Barnet. I also think their main focus will be on trying to stay in the championship which could play into MK Dons hands. MK Dons on the other hand are doing very well in League 1. They are lying in 4th position and started the season like a house on fire with a draw at home to Hartlepool followed by 6 victories in a row, 4 of which were away from home, so they travel well. They also have had much tougher Carling Cup games than Burnley. They went to Norwich and hammered them 4-0 in the first round and previously went to Cheltenham and hammered them 4-1. I see a good few goals in this game but i can see MK Dons nicking this one, they travel well and are not scared of higher-league sides as proven when thrashing Norwich. I will play it a small bit safe and back them draw no bet. MK DONS DNB @ 15/8 Paddy Power
You do know MK's squad is gonna have ten youth players out of the eighteen, due to injuries?

You do know MK's squad is gonna have ten youth players out of the eighteen' date=' due to injuries?[/quote'] Hi Alex! 10 youth players is a bit of an exaggeration i would say, they are playing a good few of the fringe players... On the other flip of the coin Burnley are missing their goalkeeper Jensen and a vital part of their defence Mee. Also looking at Burnley's defence, they have conceded 2 goals in their last 4 matches, they have not kept a single clean sheet this season either. MK Dons have scored 19 goals in their last 7 games and have only lost 1 game in their last 11.. And MK Dona have scored in every league cup match away from home they have played in since 2004. Not worried about some fringe players getting a run, its a great opportunity for them to try get themselves onto the team and the manager would not play them unless he had faith in the ability in his squad. Thats my opinion

McLeish's cup win cost his team their Premier League place, so I'm not sure how excited he'll be by winning it again :lol
yeah, cause B'ham had small number of quality players, but Villa currently has a very solid staff to fight on several fronts and this competition is their the closest way to their placement in Europe. McLeish said: I don't want to let the Carling Cup go. It'd be nice to do it two years in a row.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - Newcastle 2.37 Ladbrokes Both sides on different form. Forest lounge around the bottom of the championship after a defeat to local rivals Derby on saturday whereas Newcastle remain unbeaten sitting currently in the Champions League places. Notts Forest's midfield looks broken with Boateng, Paul Anderson and Chris Cohen set to miss out with injury. Newcastle are taking this competition pretty seriously judging by the squad they put out against Scunthorpe and will see it as a winnable competition so will not want to slip up against a low in confidence forest side. Also add in that Notts Forest have not reached the final 16 in 6 years.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 I don't normally post usually just observe in the background . However reference tonights games heres my choices Burnley vs MK Dons I echo Chris's post earlier MK Dons have a number of injury problems and with this in mind and that Burnley really could do with a win after three straight successive defeats I fancy Bunrley to progress here. Nott'm Forest vs Newcastle As a Newcastle fan I might be getting carried away with the return of Ben Arfa. Likely to be involved tonight the guy is an exciting talent and can change a game. Pardew has stated that he really wants to progress in the cup competitions this year . Forest have yet to win at home this season and have a number of injuries with Chris Cohen , Boateng , Anderson , blackstock and McCleary all out . Wolves vs Millwall Millwall have failed to score in their last four league games and yet to win away this season . Although Wolves have also struggled this season for goals Like Newcastle i can see only cup competitions as a route to european football for Wolves and I expect them to be too strong fro Millwall . Blackburn vs Leyton Orient Leyton Orient have never beaten a top flight in League One added to the fact there are currently rock bottom of league one and blackburn on a high after the Arsenal game this one is a no brainer . Accumulator Burnley Blackburn Newcastle Wolves @9/1 - Sky bet

And i mean it is an exaggeration as not all 10 youth players are going to be playing' date=' he still has 8 others from his normal squad...[/quote'] I don't think Burnley are a bad side by any means, they're just out of form. In a one-off, Burnley have the better side, so obviously MK rotating a bit won't help. I just think it's a bit risky. Nobody mentioning the fact MK obviously could be more interested in becoming League One champions as well.

Hi Jase! I suppose you could argue that point. But i can personally also see the game being a very tight dogged affair' date=' in my opinion Wolves play every game they play as if they are in a cup game, they try their best to attack but often leave big gaps at the back, they always go out there and try to win the game, i think Wolves will win the game and you do have a very valid point, it could well end up 4-3 but if one of the sides dont score i would kick myself looking at them statistics, i guess its all about personaly interpretation, we all look at things differently![/quote'] Aidymac, i know we had abit if disagrement yesterday but no point carrying things on especially when it's only a forum. Anyway, i'll try to be as diplomatic as i can here but your analysis of wolves is very wrong. I can understand why you think we play like it's a cup game but it's just not true. We only resorted to that gung ho style from february 2011 due to needing the points and even then that was only at home in certain games, such as sunderland, or bolton when 0-3 plus of course the last 3 prem games of the season when we had no choice (wba home,sunderland away and 2nd half of blackburn home) We are actually a very unpredictable side to read at home. We often have these scenarios : Just don't turn up (qpr saturday) Start well but fade usually get hit on break (everton) Start well and have nervy 2nd half (wba) And rarely, control game throughout professionally (fulham) Out of ten matches, we don't turn up 2, start well but fade 3, start well nervy 2nd half 4 and control game 1. This season is following lasts in terms of start. Regards away performances, they are usually hard working defensive performance with little chances created 8/10 times with a couple of gung hos thrown in. I know you think everything is about perception and that's fine but these are facts, i've seen every wolves game since we joined the prem and previous 2 seasons in champ. As for your bet, i like jase don't think it's relevent. We play very poorly in these league cup games as shown from the recent results. MM never takes the cup seriously and we do have injuries. I did a write up on page 1 which includes the most relevent info in my opinion and the draw or away dnb is the value bets and although trends only mainly tell us about history, there wont be a better set of stats to reinforce the draw than wolves recent league cup history. Especially when twinned with form, personal, injuries etc.. Anyway, good luck with your bet but i'd have gone with both to score personally if i played that market.

I don't normally post usually just observe in the background . However reference tonights games heres my choices Burnley vs MK Dons I echo Chris's post earlier MK Dons have a number of injury problems and with this in mind and that Burnley really could do with a win after three straight successive defeats I fancy Bunrley to progress here. Nott'm Forest vs Newcastle As a Newcastle fan I might be getting carried away with the return of Ben Arfa. Likely to be involved tonight the guy is an exciting talent and can change a game. Pardew has stated that he really wants to progress in the cup competitions this year . Forest have yet to win at home this season and have a number of injuries with Chris Cohen , Boateng , Anderson , blackstock and McCleary all out . Wolves vs Millwall Millwall have failed to score in their last four league games and yet to win away this season . Although Wolves have also struggled this season for goals Like Newcastle i can see only cup competitions as a route to european football for Wolves and I expect them to be too strong fro Millwall . Blackburn vs Leyton Orient Leyton Orient have never beaten a top flight in League One added to the fact there are currently rock bottom of league one and blackburn on a high after the Arsenal game this one is a no brainer . Accumulator Burnley Blackburn Newcastle Wolves @9/1 - Sky bet
Gooseheads, Mick McCarthy does not want europa league football with wolves for sometime yet, not that we'll get it. He said after the fulham game that their early start was an advantage to us that we went on and took and his statement was something like ''if i heard we're qualifying for the europa league via fair play i'll personally tackle someone in the tunnel'' Of course that could be implied that he doesn't want the early start but will be happy to take group stages onwards. However, he's also said several times before that it's too many games for a developing squad to cope with especially given the priority of prem football and it's riches. Just a nugget of info for you to consider when the fa cup games come round. :ok

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Palace v Boro Teams meet again 3 days later after saturdays 0-1 win to boro, by most accounts a draw would of been a fair result saturday, with palace finishing the stronger , with the introduction of Zaha and Murray from the bench in the second half for palace. I would expect both to start for palace tonight , along with williams a young central midfielder who is gaining a high reputation. Boro are without the suspended joe bennett, and goalkeeper ikembe ( ineligeble) speaking to boro fans he has been intop form all season , so will be a huge miss. Crystal Palace

• They have won 15 of their last 17 home matches in this competition

verdict palace win 3.00

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Everton v WBA WBA to Qualify @ 3.30 Bluesq Wow, superb odds imo. Can't justify them being an A star bet :lol but i think there is alot of value in this one. Wba under Hodgson and even Di Matteo have put in several decent away performances. I don't know how Wba will line up but Everton are thin for the first team nevermind league cup game fixtures. They do have some youthful talent (everton) but i think as long as Wba put out a decent side they should be equal odds to everton. Jase pointed out last weekend that the compiler of evertons odds needs shooting and if he hasn't been already then he certainly does now. Everton for many a season now have gone out early in the comp often to lower league sides, they are struggling form as usual in the prem early on and face a team who traditionally do ok at Goodison park. All comes down to motivation and line ups but i think Hodgson will want a cup run for europe (unsubstantiated claim). All in all, with alittle risk WBA to Qualify @3.30

Burnley v MK Dons I think MK Dons are overpriced to win this match. The draw no bet market looks quite good to me. Burnley are doing woefully bad in the championship thus far this season , lying in 20th position with only 1 win in the league, that being away to Derby. They have lost their last 2 games, at home to Middlesbrough and away to Peterborough. They also really struggled in their 2 carling cup games so far, both of which were at home to teams they would expect to beat well, Burton and Barnet. They won 6-3 after extra-time at home to Burton and won 3-2 after extra-time at home to Barnet. I also think their main focus will be on trying to stay in the championship which could play into MK Dons hands. MK Dons on the other hand are doing very well in League 1. They are lying in 4th position and started the season like a house on fire with a draw at home to Hartlepool followed by 6 victories in a row, 4 of which were away from home, so they travel well. They also have had much tougher Carling Cup games than Burnley. They went to Norwich and hammered them 4-0 in the first round and previously went to Cheltenham and hammered them 4-1. I see a good few goals in this game but i can see MK Dons nicking this one, they travel well and are not scared of higher-league sides as proven when thrashing Norwich. I will play it a small bit safe and back them draw no bet. MK DONS DNB @ 15/8 Paddy Power
I can see how this looks tempting but Burnley are one of those sides that do well in the cup and for that reason alone i think it's a no bet.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Some more info for those involved in the Wolves v Millwall match or looking to get involved. Johnson,Zubar,Craddock and Foley all ruled out tonight. Leaving : Elokobi (LB) Ward (LB or CF) Stearman (RB or CB) Bath (CB) Berra (CB) It's abit of a depleted back line but was to be expected anyway. MM will likely play kostrina at RB from the youth sqaud, he played him in a few pre season friendlies. Mixed with Elokobi LB. Likely back line ---------------DE VRIES-------------- KOSTRNA---BATH----BERRA?-----ELOKOBI We also have Fletcher out and S. Ebanks-Blake out leaving only Doyle and Ward who was a forward but now a LB but sometimes plays up top :) Will MM want to risk Doyle our only recognised forward? In mdifield he'll probably give Kightly and Hammil a go on the wings and Davis/Guedioura a go in CM. Really wouldn't want to back wolves tonight guys.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Leeds v Man United Just an update on my previous post. Just came across this taken from Goal.com: "All the players are desperate to play as you would expect, but I'd be lying if I said team selection won't be made without having an eye on our game at Brighton on Friday," he added. I didn't factor that in but it's just what I wanted to hear.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Here's our 18-man squad CONFIRMED for tonights game vs Shrewsbury. Much changed as expected with alot of youth from the reserves + some fringe players from the main squad. GK: Fabianski, Martinez DF: Jenkinson, Djourou, Boateng, Miquel, Gibbs MF: Frimpong, Coquelin, Benayoun, Chamberlain, Miyaichi, Ozyakup, Aneke, Yennaris FW: Chamakh, Park, Watt I think we'll line up like this: ------------------ Fabianski -- Jenkinson - Djourou - Miquel - Gibbs ----------- Frimpong - Coquelin --------------- Benayoun -- Chamberlain -------------- Park ---------------- Chamakh Tough one to call in terms of betting opportunities with so many changes, Shrewsbury have been doing quite well this season and may see this as a real chance to cause an upset. I dont think we'll be as nervy as recent matches with so many youths and a more chilled atmosphere on Carling Cup nights. Actually dont think Shrewsbury +2 looks a bad bet tbh, but again, hard to back anything with much conviction in a game like this IMO. Bookies are anticipating goals too, seen over 2.5 as short as 1.3-1.40.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Stoke v Tottenham (Tues) What we have here is two clubs with similar itineraries as both have the distraction of playing in this seasons Europa League. Stoke off the back of a long trip to The Ukraine did not fare so well on Sunday going down 4-0 to Steve Bruce’s Black Cats. It’s commendable that Stoke’s manager Tony Pulis has not resorted to leaning on excuses as most managers do in circumstances like these but one cannot get away from the fact that Stoke have been racking up the air miles in the last few days both internationally and nationally. All I can say is they’re lucky they were drawn at home for this one and fortunate not to get Newcastle away! Tottenham’s Sunday went swimmingly after their Greek Med exertions giving King Kenny’s boys a 4-0 roasting down at the Lane. I must confess I didn’t see that one coming. I have to be honest I’m really starting to like how this Tottenham team plays. I watched them in the first leg of the Europa League prelim against Hearts and thought to myself this team knows how to move the ball around but I dismissed it as the opposition was clearly inferior. However having watched them deliver a good performance against Man United for 60 minutes and the demolition on Sunday I’m beginning to believe they have a very credible chance of finishing in the top four and Harry’s crazy notion of them winning the league might not be as far fetched as I originally thought. Maybe I'm going over the top a bit;) Anyway back to this match. I’ve decided to avoid the win market as both teams are likely to usher in a whole raft of changes. I’m sure both teams will be hoping they’re not level at 90 minutes for fear of the dreaded 30 minutes overtime, so I’m envisaging quite an open game as both clubs have bigger fish to fry this season. If that attitude is adopted by both teams along with wholesale changes it could be a recipe for quite a few goals. The sides have met 6 times in the Premier League era. I don’t think it’s worth going back any further as previous to the that the last meeting was way back in 1985. The last 3 encounters have all ended over 2.5 and only 1 of the 6 encounters ended under 2.5. On that basis I think this one has a good chance of going over 2.5. I'm surprised Hills have both unders and overs at 1.91 under the circumstances. Total Match Goals over 2.5 1.91 @ Hills

Aidymac, i know we had abit if disagrement yesterday but no point carrying things on especially when it's only a forum. Anyway, i'll try to be as diplomatic as i can here but your analysis of wolves is very wrong. I can understand why you think we play like it's a cup game but it's just not true. We only resorted to that gung ho style from february 2011 due to needing the points and even then that was only at home in certain games, such as sunderland, or bolton when 0-3 plus of course the last 3 prem games of the season when we had no choice (wba home,sunderland away and 2nd half of blackburn home) We are actually a very unpredictable side to read at home. We often have these scenarios : Just don't turn up (qpr saturday) Start well but fade usually get hit on break (everton) Start well and have nervy 2nd half (wba) And rarely, control game throughout professionally (fulham) Out of ten matches, we don't turn up 2, start well but fade 3, start well nervy 2nd half 4 and control game 1. This season is following lasts in terms of start. Regards away performances, they are usually hard working defensive performance with little chances created 8/10 times with a couple of gung hos thrown in. I know you think everything is about perception and that's fine but these are facts, i've seen every wolves game since we joined the prem and previous 2 seasons in champ. As for your bet, i like jase don't think it's relevent. We play very poorly in these league cup games as shown from the recent results. MM never takes the cup seriously and we do have injuries. I did a write up on page 1 which includes the most relevent info in my opinion and the draw or away dnb is the value bets and although trends only mainly tell us about history, there wont be a better set of stats to reinforce the draw than wolves recent league cup history. Especially when twinned with form, personal, injuries etc.. Anyway, good luck with your bet but i'd have gone with both to score personally if i played that market.
Agreed, no hard feelings! :cheers Personally i think Mick McCarthy goes out to win the game, no matter if its away to Chelsea or at home to anybody! Ward gets forward at every opportunity he gets and that leaves leaks at the back. I just think this game tonight has 0-0 or 1-0 written all over it, Millwall can be a dogged side, Wolves are a dogged side, a lot at stake for both clubs as both will want to win this game , again its all about perception and opinions and i know you have more knowledge about wolves as your a fan so i cant argue with your opinion!

I can see how this looks tempting but Burnley are one of those sides that do well in the cup and for that reason alone i think it's a no bet.
They are lucky to still be in the cup! Burton and Barnet both brought them to extra-time and Burnley were at home, they just are not the same side they were, they are playing very bad football and if you can imagine them in League 1 at the moment i think they would be mid-table at best in that league.. Also the youngsters of MK Dons will be out to prove a point tonight

Agreed, no hard feelings! :cheers Personally i think Mick McCarthy goes out to win the game, no matter if its away to Chelsea or at home to anybody! Ward gets forward at every opportunity he gets and that leaves leaks at the back. I just think this game tonight has 0-0 or 1-0 written all over it, Millwall can be a dogged side, Wolves are a dogged side, a lot at stake for both clubs as both will want to win this game , again its all about perception and opinions and i know you have more knowledge about wolves as your a fan so i cant argue with your opinion!
Well i've seen alot of us but i think it comes down to if we turn up or not. if we turn up we look a very decent side unfortunately we quite often don't. Regards tonights match, it'll be a very different wolves line up so i think all league form/trends go out the window. All i know is that from the past 3 seasons, we've played weakened sides in front of a small crowd with no atmosphere and that has resulted in very laboured perfomances, often making changes last twenty and going for the equaliser or win. 5/7 have ended up in draws as the changes are made too late and the opposition hold on but we then do the job in extra -time. Given the injuries we have millwall win looks most likely to me, but the stats suggest draw so i've gone with that. As for goals market, i haven't a clue really hence i'm not involved in that market but i'm confident Millwall will score, wolves not so sure. 1-1 for me hopefully :hope Then Millwall knock us out as it's just an unwanted distraction if MM isn't going to take the cups seriously.

They are lucky to still be in the cup! Burton and Barnet both brought them to extra-time and Burnley were at home' date=' they just are not the same side they were, they are playing very bad football and if you can imagine them in League 1 at the moment i think they would be mid-table at best in that league.. Also the youngsters of MK Dons will be out to prove a point tonight[/quote'] Agreed, just something about Burnley and the cup that makes me uneasy. Good luck with it though, on paper it does looks a decent bet.

Stoke v Tottenham (Tues) What we have here is two clubs with similar itineraries as both have the distraction of playing in this seasons Europa League. Stoke off the back of a long trip to The Ukraine did not fare so well on Sunday going down 4-0 to Steve Bruce’s Black Cats. It’s commendable that Stoke’s manager Tony Pulis has not resorted to leaning on excuses as most managers do in circumstances like these but one cannot get away from the fact that Stoke have been racking up the air miles in the last few days both internationally and nationally. All I can say is they’re lucky they were drawn at home for this one and fortunate not to get Newcastle away! Tottenham’s Sunday went swimmingly after their Greek Med exertions giving King Kenny’s boys a 4-0 roasting down at the Lane. I must confess I didn’t see that one coming. I have to be honest I’m really starting to like how this Tottenham team plays. I watched them in the first leg of the Europa League prelim against Hearts and thought to myself this team knows how to move the ball around but I dismissed it as the opposition was clearly inferior. However having watched them deliver a good performance against Man United for 60 minutes and the demolition on Sunday I’m beginning to believe they have a very credible chance of finishing in the top four and Harry’s crazy notion of them winning the league might not be as far fetched as I originally thought. Maybe I'm going over the top a bit;) Anyway back to this match. I’ve decided to avoid the win market as both teams are likely to usher in a whole raft of changes. I’m sure both teams will be hoping they’re not level at 90 minutes for fear of the dreaded 30 minutes overtime, so I’m envisaging quite an open game as both clubs have bigger fish to fry this season. If that attitude is adopted by both teams along with wholesale changes it could be a recipe for quite a few goals. The sides have met 6 times in the Premier League era. I don’t think it’s worth going back any further as previous to the that the last meeting was way back in 1985. The last 3 encounters have all ended over 2.5 and only 1 of the 6 encounters ended under 2.5. On that basis I think this one has a good chance of going over 2.5. I'm surprised Hills have both unders and overs at 1.91 under the circumstances. Total Match Goals over 2.5 1.91 @ Hills
I think spurs will struggle for goals tonight. I assume Pavluchenko will start up top as he did on thursday and the only decent effort he had was from a free kick :unsure If you havent already placed your bet it might be worth seeing the teams. VDV didnt start on Saturday so may well play tonight and if he did that would be a big boost to your chances, plus Gallas and holding midfielder Sandro should be back so that will hopefully sure our defence up!

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 As and MK fan I can only echo what I said yesterday! This competition is of no interest to us now! Infact this game is just a pain in the backside for us! A decent result for us will be to come through it with no new injuries or suspensions. We have one aim this season, get promoted! If we had a full fit squad yes we'd go for it with the aim of a money spinning tie in round 4 but we dont even have 8 1st team players available for selection tonight! I cant put my money on us I'm afraid, yes the DNB market looks nice value but for me I'm sticking with a Burnley win (And I'll be happy if i lose the bet)

Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United - Newcastle 2.37 Ladbrokes Both sides on different form. Forest lounge around the bottom of the championship after a defeat to local rivals Derby on saturday whereas Newcastle remain unbeaten sitting currently in the Champions League places. Notts Forest's midfield looks broken with Boateng, Paul Anderson and Chris Cohen set to miss out with injury. Newcastle are taking this competition pretty seriously judging by the squad they put out against Scunthorpe and will see it as a winnable competition so will not want to slip up against a low in confidence forest side. Also add in that Notts Forest have not reached the final 16 in 6 years.
I can't really add much to this, but I'm also on Newcastle @ 2.37 Bet365 I expect Newcastle will make a few changes, but it's much easier coming into a successful team that one that is struggling. Forest have been poor under McClaren and I just dont see him having the motivational skills, or tactical know how to overcome what I expect to be a strong Newcastle side. Newcastle on the other hand appear to be a team on the up, and I think Pardew will want to keep that momentum going with a win tonight. Newcastle not really conceding many at the minute, and I just can't see Forest troubling them - The bet of the night for me :ok

I think spurs will struggle for goals tonight. I assume Pavluchenko will start up top as he did on thursday and the only decent effort he had was from a free kick :unsure If you havent already placed your bet it might be worth seeing the teams. VDV didnt start on Saturday so may well play tonight and if he did that would be a big boost to your chances, plus Gallas and holding midfielder Sandro should be back so that will hopefully sure our defence up![/quote I was surprised when I looked at Pav's goal ratio at Spurs. Premier League 20 in 45 (29) FA Cup 7 in 6 (4) League Cup 7 in 8 (1) Brackets denote substitute appearances.

Everton v WBA WBA to Qualify @ 3.30 Bluesq Wow, superb odds imo. Can't justify them being an A star bet :lol but i think there is alot of value in this one. Wba under Hodgson and even Di Matteo have put in several decent away performances. I don't know how Wba will line up but Everton are thin for the first team nevermind league cup game fixtures. They do have some youthful talent (everton) but i think as long as Wba put out a decent side they should be equal odds to everton. Jase pointed out last weekend that the compiler of evertons odds needs shooting and if he hasn't been already then he certainly does now. Everton for many a season now have gone out early in the comp often to lower league sides, they are struggling form as usual in the prem early on and face a team who traditionally do ok at Goodison park. All comes down to motivation and line ups but i think Hodgson will want a cup run for europe (unsubstantiated claim). All in all, with alittle risk WBA to Qualify @3.30
Everton wants this win as badly as WBA. Osman already stated that in interview. Nobody wants to lose their momentum when you are winning. Yeah... odds on Everton aren't great but at the same time WBA performance doesn't convince either. They have lost four of their opening five league games.... and have enough problems to solve on their own. And I don't understand how you can say that Everton are struggling in Premier league... they have taken 7 points from 4 games. What did you expect from them ? Having a Top 3 ? Yes, they haven't been superb on the field but still they win games and take points. So if Everton is struggling then WBA are super-struggling. And your statement that WBA do ok in Goodison park... hmm.... From the last 5 games in Goodison park, everton has won 3, drew 1 and lost 1. Can't actually say that they are doing ok. When you will know exact lineups, then maybe you can make some conclusions, but right now all your value seeking is based on that WBA will want this win more Everton and it's just simply not true. What I do agree, that odds aren't good enough to back Everton, but at the same time I don't see that superb value on WBA. Just my 2 cents

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Taking Dimitar Berbatov to score anytime V Leeds. I think the team that Sir Alex is going to put out will be able to break down the Leeds defence almost at will and maybe Leeds will be trying too hard to win at home, Berbatov will be looking to stake a claim in the 1st team and I think he will work hard tonight for the team. Dimitar Berbatov to score anytime Evs @ Skybet