** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

England > Weekend > Championship > 10-11 September

Spooner

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 10-11 September

I agree with your first paragraph - Leeds record so far is 1-1-3 (w-d-l) & Palace's is the reverse. 4/1 is available for Palace - good value on the face of it. Sporting Life tipped up Palace as value at shorter odds. I'm pretty sure there is a "big team" bias on the Leeds odds on games ala Man U/Man C/Arsenal/Liverpool for the premiership. I see the odds % is now over 100% on the Cardiff game - did anyone here manage to do some hedging at the 98% odd?
First of all there has been an international break and this can potentially disrupt a teams good form (Palace) so that is a risk factor. As I said in my original post I don't expect Palace to consistently pick up points away from home yet and Leeds is a tough place to go despite some poor early form from the Yorkshire club. I expect Leeds season to improve very soon and as I said in my post they have a lot of firepower and I would expect them to pick up good results at home because of the way they are setup. Interesting what you say about big team bias, certainly in pre-season pundits were totally over-estimating Leeds but I feel that has levelled out somewhat now. I've been wanting to back Leeds for a while but this game has too many question marks for me. I personally would not want to back Palace here for reasons already outlined but if others want to take them that is their choice. The 1X2 market should be avoided with this game in my opinion. Good luck if you do decide to bet.

Leeds Utd V Crystal Palace Another tough game to call with Leeds facing a rapidly improving Crystal Palace side. On paper these teams are closely matched but Palace have the advantage of playing with no pressure and no expectation, unlike their Leeds counter-parts. After a poor start there have been some encouraging signs of improvement for Leeds and a re-generated Ross McCormack looks in dangerous form. They also have Andy Keogh up-front which is a shrewd piece of business from Grayson, I think it's a strike partnership which could do serious damage at this level and help save Leeds from the doldrums of a lower mid-table finish. Losing Gradel will be a blow but I think Ramon Nunez is a very usefull player and can step up to the mark now Gradel has left. I would favour Leeds slightly for this match as I don't expect Palace to consistently pick up points away from home yet. However, I must again stress the fact that Palace are playing without fear and do not have the same pressure on them as an expectant Leeds side. Last season I would have been happy to take Leeds at 17/20 for this fixture but this time around I would want at least a price of EVS before I bite in the 1X2 market. Backing Palace is also one to avoid here for sure. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Ramage, Tunchev, McCarthy, Moxey, Wright, Jedinak, Garvan, Parr, Scannell, Murray If I had to bet on this game: Both teams to score @ 4/5 (Stan James) :cigar:cigar:cigar
FT: 3-2, No surprises here with both teams on the scoresheet, McCormack doing the business, apparently Leeds were deserving of their win, be interested to see how Palace respond next week.

Re: England > Weekend > Championship > 10-11 September Birmingham vs Millwall Home side is at the bottom places in Championship and that is a situation that must be changed quickly till it's not becoming dramatic. They got relegated last season, a huge surprise, after with just few months ago they were winning the League Cup and were sitting cool in the mid part of Premiership. Millwall is the same nasty team in CHampionship that can cause a lot of trouble to any team and that is why this game should be spectacular. They have lost Morison to Norwich, but Henderson looks to be a good replacement. The new arrivals of Feeney from Bournemouth and Jay Simpson from Hull should boost their midfield. Birmingham lost Jerome and Dann, but they will welcome Marlon King and Zigic which have been injured till now. Defnder Ibanez and midfielder Elliott which were transfered in last day of transfers might feature also. Hope in a home win here, Birmingham needs it and all the team should give 100% for it. home -0.25 AH @ 1.98 with Ladbrokers

Leeds win -125, Over 2.5 goals -117 (superbook.com) Leeds coming home after a needed layoff after the transfer window meltdown of adding no one and selling one of their best players. Despite that I like Leeds to win, Nunez will step in for Gradel and Nunez has scored in every game this season for Leeds I believe. Becchio should also be back as well to add a punch to their attack. They have been losing matches this year, but they have been quite unfortunate in the Boro and Ipswich games losing players to cards, they outplayed both teams when full strength, and they looked good at West Ham as well, Southampton was a disaster. Clayton is going to cause a lot of problems for Palace, he is a really good player, I thought he outplayed Parker in the West Ham game, and McCormack has been in good form up top. Leeds is a tough team at home, don't think Palace has enough to beat Leeds. Leeds defense will surely leak a goal like usual, but the attack of Leeds should propel them, good luck. 3-1 Leeds win.
3-2 final, but I was close enough ...Leeds wins, goes over the total, I collect the cash :drums

FT: 3-2' date=' No surprises here with both teams on the scoresheet, McCormack doing the business, apparently Leeds were deserving of their win, be interested to see how Palace respond next week.[/quote'] First time this season Leeds back up to their :@