NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Looking for a low scoring w'end. Philli/Minni under 48.5 These teams met in Wk. 2 and the final score was 27-16. The Philli offense is much less dynamic with Owens not playing. Minni run defense played well last week and should be able to contain the Philli offense to reasonable yardage and score. Minni 'high powered' offense has only played 3 solid defenses all season...scoring 16 @ Philli, 14 @ Chicago and 18 @ Washington (8 coming in the last lpay of the game). Before the last round in which Philli played a 2nd/3rd string team, they have allowed 17, 16, 8, 10, 6, 17 and 7 at home! Moss will also not be at 100% which will limit Minnesota's offense. Philli also an amazing 4-13 under after a bye...0-5 last 3 years! Indi @ NE under 51.5 League: 6-35 under (Av. score 33.4) home 3- fav off a BYE! 1-21 under (Av. score 31.6) since 1997!!! Love this trend, and will play it even in the finals. NE 3-10 under last 13 play-off games also. Only 1 Indi road game has gone over this number all season!!...That was @ KC. Indi flying in the dome, hopefully they don't fare as well out in the cold against a solid NE defense.

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Leaning towards main bet of Colts 6/5 or Evens (+2.5) but noticed this and have backed it to to the extent of putting down 50% payment on a new MGTF on the strength of it.:unsure Warwick Dunn over 69.5 yards v St Louis (5/6) - gotta be kiddin' is that for the first half? NO :lol ......I’ll take that thank you very much :dude League Rushing leaders Falcons v League’s 4rth bottom v Rush (admittedly tightened up v Seahawks but they’re pants) If game goes as expected with Falcons probably about a score ahead then what better way to chew the clock a la Vikings :( than hand off to your RB….one missed tackle and this guy could have half that total in one run. Rams gave me a nice 17/10 win last week and had to admire their spirit but just don’t see a tired Rams defence keep a strong fresh Falcon Offensive line from opening holes for Dunn, especially late on. Wouldn't be put off with lack of running in last weeks games, weather was pretty bad for running teams that's not a problem in Atlanta's dome with artificial fieldturf:ok

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January

Dunn rushed for less than 50 yards on 14 carries in the first meeting this season
Yes he did ...on just 14 carries, before leaving with a full quarter to go with a sprained knee.....and the quarter they ran the ball most too..... 31-17 up at the time the Falcons then used Duckett to wind down the clock (same tactic I expect Sat if they're ahead as i mentioned ) who racked up a further 52 yards on 9 carries. other rushing yards included, ...White 26 on just one ...Price 9 on just one ...Griffiths another 3 ...and Vick 109yards on 12 'scrambles' Total 242 rushing yards:D Happy days brrrroom brrrroommm and while I'm on.... those who think Pat's D can stop this years Colts offence from winning them the game:lol Naaaaaa

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Seriously all year people have had a go at the Pats, how many titles do you have to win to get some respect?? :\ Colts offense is superb - their D is good if they get up early.....NE will not allow this. Wouldn't touch the game as there are too many things could happen - but please don't rule out NE, they have spanked Payton numerous times....:spank Taking the under in the Jets/Steelers game at 35.....same as when they played in the regular season.....average total is 22.5 over the last 8 games.....can't see this changing......as already said have the Jets at +10 at Stan James. Toying with Minnesota - just cos Philly have not played without TO and haven't bothered to try and see if it works (last 2 reg season games they didn't bother) Also taken Atlanta (-0.5) and Jets (+16.5) for an even money teaser double at Stan james.

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Jets backers...a quick heads up that u might wanna check...Pennington reported as being sent home ill yesterday (talk of drips inserted an' stuff but I guess that's routine for NFL stars with flu and' the likes) and not intending to practise today either. Back up not available for personal easons so 3rd choice promoted and has lead practise snaps Wed Thurs. Possibly not the best prep.

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January

Yes he did ...on just 14 carries, before leaving with a full quarter to go with a sprained knee.....and the quarter they ran the ball most too..... 31-17 up at the time the Falcons then used Duckett to wind down the clock (same tactic I expect Sat if they're ahead as i mentioned ) who racked up a further 52 yards on 9 carries. other rushing yards included, ...White 26 on just one ...Price 9 on just one ...Griffiths another 3 ...and Vick 109yards on 12 'scrambles' Total 242 rushing yards:D Happy days brrrroom brrrroommm and while I'm on.... those who think Pat's D can stop this years Colts offence from winning them the game:lol Naaaaaa
Yeah, great...But that's not the prop is it. :eyes You can't just say that Vick scrambled for 109 yards, so Dunn will get these yards if he's in. Doesn't work that way. St. Louis allowed just 40 yards on 15 carries to Alexander last week. Also....Defense wins play-off games. You might want to go back through to last 10 or so Super Bowl winners and how they ranked defensively for the year ;)

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Little bit of info from another forum from the Boston Herald. By Michael Felger Thursday, January 13, 2005 FOXBORO - Yesterday dawned cold, wet and miserable across New England. In Foxboro, the conditions were probably worse than anywhere, with an overnight snowfall giving way to a driving rain that lasted from morning until night. It was, by any measure, a day to cover up and get out of the elements. Unless, that is, you like to wallow in the cold and mud. It's safe to say the Indianapolis Colts don't, and that explains why the Patriots kept the field at Gillette Stadium uncovered as the turf was pelted by the weather. As always, there were tarps nearby, ready to be rolled out. They sat untouched. The Pats enjoy home-field advantage for Sunday's divisional playoff against the dome-dwelling Colts, and they obviously plan to capitalize on every inch of it. Not that you'd ever get Bill Belichick to fess up to that. ``My job is not to pull weeds,'' he said. As everyone knows, the Colts are at their best on the carpet of their climate-controlled RCA Dome, where defensive end Dwight Freeney can take advantage of the turf and crowd noise to blow by left tackles, and record-setting quarterback Peyton Manning never has to worry about his receivers slipping or his passes being knocked down by the wind. The Pats, meanwhile, have a championship-proven defense built on size, toughness and physical play. In the parlance of horse racing, they're mudders - and they've won 19 straight at Gillette. The turf has been a touchy subject between Belichick and the NFL the last few years. Last season, the league forced the Pats to replace it prior to their divisional playoff game against Tennessee, although it was still a mess by the time the Colts showed up for the AFC title game. This year, the Pats took matters into their own hands, laying new sod in the middle of the field after it was torn up during their rain-soaked win over Baltimore on Nov. 28. After this week's pelting, the Colts can only imagine what it will look like Sunday. More rain is expected tomorrow, while the forecast for the game is partly cloudy skies with a chance of flurries and a high temperature of 30. History shows that the worse the conditions, the worse off the Colts will be. Of the Colts' four losses this season, three came outdoors. And since Manning took over as starting quarterback in 1998, the Colts are 25-25 (.500) outside. Their indoor record over that time is 45-24 (.652). Manning downplayed the dome factor yesterday. ``People talk about that, about how being a dome team kind of gives you an advantage. But I don't really believe it,'' he said. ``I still think it comes down to good execution. And that will be the key on Sunday. It comes down to whether you can play pitch and catch. Whether you can block and tackle.'' Pats left tackle Matt Light said he'll take whatever help he can get against Freeney. ``There's a little bit of a difference, but in the end these guys are going to be playing on the same field we are,'' he said. ``And they know how to play on this surface. It's no big mystery. They're not going to change their style just because of where they're playing - I can guarantee you that.'' Just one domed team has ever won the Super Bowl, and that came only after the 1999 Rams played three straight indoor games in the postseason, two at home and one in the Super Bowl in Atlanta. In other words, no domed team has ever gone outside and won it all. In NFL history, only 10 domed teams have made it as far as their conference title game. Light is glad to be at Gillette this week. ``It's what you play for,'' he said. ``That's the advantage. Being in your own stadium, being able to hear the calls offensively and not getting a late start off the line. That's why you want to play at your place in these types of games.''

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Good post, jj. Forecast to be low 20's F (-5, -10 dg C) by game time..... Field should be icy/frozen and will definately be wet and chopped up. bozzer...There's something just not quite right about that Pits/Jets total, do you think? I mean it opened @ 34.5 and moved upto 35...Seems to be asking for under money. Reg. season game total was 35 and score ends 6-17 (with a trick play for a TD)...Now the total is 35 again? Too easy? Or am I reading too much into it? There was over 800 yards of total offense last week in SD...both teams averaged over 7 y/pass.... Just seems a little strange to me!

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Pits/Jets game will have points... one team or the other will try and get creative at some point, and either get scores or screw up for a turnover. IMHO. Which is not worth that much. Decide to go on the following: 2 point double teaser: Jets +16.5, Vikings +14.5 @ 1.96 Stan James 2 points Jets +9.5 @ 1.91 Stan James Atlanta -7 @ 1.95 BetDaq (Is it me or Stan James offering good odds this weekend when they don't normally for the NFL?)

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January ....with ya now boz ;) Jets @ Pittsburgh under 35 Have liked this one from the start, but all week have been thinking it's a sucker line....I mean, line opens @ 34.5, rises to 35....The last meeting the line closed @ 35 and the score was 17-6 with a late 'trick' TD!....Just seemed like the books were begging for under $$.... ...BUT!!!....I've just looked at a concensus site and see over 70% of people on the over!!?? scared.gif What the ?????? I'll quite happily go against that with some logic (and a bit of gut feel. biggrin.gif) Both teams are run first, throw when necessary. Both teams play solid defense, esp. run D. Last weeks game in SD was 17-17 in regulation....Pits run more often than SD....gain less per rush....allow less per rush....allow way less pass yards...throw for less yards....score less and allow less. First meeting was 17-6....15 FD's each...less than 4 ypr each...27 total completed passes @ less than 6.5 y/pass. Jets have av'd only 16.4 ppg on the road...and if we take out the 29 at St. L, and 34 the first game @ SD, that goes down to 12.8!! Steelers have allowed 13 ppg at home all season, and are 1-4 under when the total is 35 or less...Jets are 1-4 under this season as dogs....yet 70% of people on the over??...Can someone tell me my logic chip isn't fried here?? Like I said, it does seem a little too obvious a play, but seeing so many on the over makes me feel a whole lot better.

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January I'm going Over 71.5 yards rushing for Curtis Martin @ 1.83 Pinnacle :ok OK, it's against the best rushing defence in the league, but because of that NY will throw the ball more, and throwing it more downfield isonly gnona open a few gaps for Martin. One of the best RB in the league who eeks out yards from nowhere, he can definately go over 80 here. Went for 72 last time @PIT, and apart from against NE, where he hardly carried the ball, has gone over this figure in nearly every game. :nana

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January I have to put my money on +9.5 for the Jets. I think this is an incredibly large handicapp for what on paper looks like being a low scoring playoff game, I can't see either team winning by more than a TD so I'm hedging my bets with a large single on this one. Same goes for Minnesota +9.5, are Philly going to pile up points without TO. I doubt it and even if they do Minne should keep up even if they lose. Again same feeling as Jets game, no more than a touchdown for the winner. Good luck all!!

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Looking good for the +9.5 I took, this one could go down to the wire, Roethlisberger's inexperience is showing a little here, it just shows how important playoff experience is. I wish I'd put a little single on NYJ as well as they could nick this. However I've probably jinxed myself with this post so 35-10 it'll be to Pitt.......................

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January I'd say go for the +6 NYJ, this looks like the type of game decided by a FG, Roethlisberger looks out of his depth at the moment, if he doesn't improve (4/12 at mo) and NYJ go up even Maddox may get a look in, Pennington looks a lot more assured and interception aside I reckon he's got a TD in him at least, it may be worth a straight bet on NYJ but I'd err towards the +6 for safety. I like Pennington choices at the moment, 7 different recievers have a catch too, very impressive for one half of playoff football. Even though only the punt return is the TD, I like that as I know there is an offensive TD in NY and Bettis aside Pitt do not look like a 15-1 team. Go for the +6 dude

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January Take the under.... ....14 points from a turnover and a punt return. Rothlesbergher has an injured thumb. Finding it hard to grip the ball...expect plenty of running from Pits this half.

Re: NFL Divisional playoffs - 15th/16th January I've got +9.5 so I'm feeling good at moment, +16 would be almost money in the bank at this point! Anyway I'm off to my mate's house to watch this and the next game, good luck dude. Oh and I pick Rams +7.5 for the game Good luck!!!:ok