NFL season outright bets

meatman

Just a thread here for any NFL season outright bets :ok Peyton Manning most regular season passing yards @ 14/1 paddy power 1.5pts ew (1/4 1-3) This is a dangerous bet, but I will take the risk as I think the price is too big to ignore. Ok, this Manning injury, he is now back into light practice and ‘could’ be fit enough to play the first match against the Texans. Everyone knows he’s proud of his long ‘streak’ of matches, and I reckon he will certainly play some part in that game in which he can hopefully rack up a few yards. Peyton threw 4,700 yards last season, which was 2nd overall (actually only 10 yards short of Rivers). He threw 4,500 the season before too, which again was enough to see him finish 2nd overall. With the way the Colts play, he is always going to be a major contender in this market and as long as this injury doesn’t affect him too much, then I expect him to go well again. Looking at the Colts’ schedule, they play a lot of teams who were weak against the pass last season which will definitely help Peyton. Of course, the doubt is the injury concern, but @ odds of 14/1 it’s a chance I’ll take. Paddy Power are far too big here, when most bookies offer about 7/1. Bluesquare even make him favourite in this market @ 5/1. With decent each-way terms, I think there is a good chance he can finish in at least the top 3, and hopefully win it outright.

Re: NFL season outright bets Yeah i was looking at this myself Meatman, as you say it all boils down to how fit Manning is but 14/1 is a great price and as long as he dosen't miss a lot of games you should get a good run for your money. I think it's between, Brees.Rivers.Schaub.and Manning. Don't think Brady will stand in the pocket and take the hits this season.Will watch for updates on Mannings fitness and may have a bet on this myself . i imagine price will crash if Manning says he is fit enough to start the season so i will have to be quick.:D

Re: NFL season outright bets I've not committed any cash to any bets yet, but I have been having a bit of a look through the markets. In the Top Rushing Yards market, I reckon there's a touch of value about Shonn Greene. LDT's on the wain and Greene is widely touted as going to be the main go-to man this season. With an offence geared more towards running the ball than letting Sanchez throw it, I think 33/1 is a decent price - especially with Skybet who are offering 4 places on the each way terms.

Re: NFL season outright bets

I've not committed any cash to any bets yet, but I have been having a bit of a look through the markets. In the Top Rushing Yards market, I reckon there's a touch of value about Shonn Greene. LDT's on the wain and Greene is widely touted as going to be the main go-to man this season. With an offence geared more towards running the ball than letting Sanchez throw it, I think 33/1 is a decent price - especially with Skybet who are offering 4 places on the each way terms.
I have been looking at the rushing yards market in detail. Greene was on my shortlist at one point, but there are some Q marks. It does seem like he will be the 'go to' man this year, but you know what Rex is like, always someone who likes to keep his options open and mix things around a bit. Also, the NYJ schedule could be better for him, 6 of the 16 fixtures are against teams who were all in the top 10 defences against the rush last season. Nevertheless, playing Buffalo twice, the skins, raiders and broncos does help matters too. @33/1 he is certainly looks better value compared to some other guys and might go close, but personally I'd say maybe not close enough. I'm actually leaning very strongly towards Peterson at the moment. Yes, he is joint favourite but I think this year he is deserving of it. The Vikings offence pretty much IS him alone, and they have a nice looking schedule facing teams weak against the rush.

Re: NFL season outright bets Here are all my season bets Divisional bets: NFC West- Patriots 8/15 North- Steelers 1/1 & Ravens 11/10 South-Colts 5/4 & Texans 11/8 West-Chargers 8/15 AFC West- Eagles 5/6 North- Packers 4/9 South- Saints 11/8 & Falcons 11/8 West- Cardinals 5/2 & Rams 7/4 I have gone for Chargers because i think that having Vincent Jackson available all season will be a major plus and think Philip Rivers is going to have a monster season We all know the signings the Eagles made and think this will win them the AFC West With all the shortest prices in one bet works out as a return of £183 from a £1 stake Rest of my season bets are: Most yards Passing- Rivers 13/2 Boyle sport He led the league in passing yards last season and that was without Vincent Jackson for a big part of the season Rushing- Peterson 11/2 Bet365 With Mcnabb at QB and him not being the same as he was a few years ago i think the Vikings will run the ball mainly meaning Peterson should have some big games Receiving- V.Jackson 16/1 skybet With him having Philip Rivers as the QB then why wouldnt you consider Jackson at top receiver, especially as Gates never seems to play a full season due to injuries Offensive Rookie of the year Mark Ingram 13/2 skybet I can see Ingram taking this as i see the Saints running the ball a bit more this year, especially seeing as they moved up in the draft to get Ingram. Also Ingram is a bigger back than Thomas and think he will see the carries in the redzone Daniel Thomas 16/1 William Hills I have also picked Daniels because Henne is not a good QB and think the Dolphins will be running Daniels a lot this year, now that Brown and Williams are no longer in town and that Bush is not a every down back and is injury prone Good Luck to the season guys :cheers

Re: NFL season outright bets Most receiving yards market Well, I think this market is quite literally ‘wide open’ haha. Last season proves that with Brandon Lloyd obtaining the most yards, anything is possible and there can be surprises. I have a couple of main picks here and also a couple of outsiders. Starting with Larry Fitzgerald, I just think he can go so much better this year with Kolb as QB. The Cardinals should improve overall too, which wont do him any harm. They don’t have that much of a running game and he’s pretty much their main target man who will receive a high number of balls throughout the year. He’s a proven performer in the past, now going over 1000 receiving yards in each of the last 3 seasons. The last couple of years haven’t been as productive, but now I think he’s geared up for a far better campaign. Sometimes passing defence statistics can be false, but looking at it on paper, the Cardinals only face one team who were inside the top 10 passing defences last year, so a decent schedule should help. @ odds of 10/1 I’ll take him to be in at least the top 4 places, and I’ll also take his season yardage OVER 1180.5. My second pick is the Steelers’ Mike Wallace. His average yardage last season was superb, and actually this year I’d expect Big Ben to go to him even more. Wallace is so fast and pacey and gets into some superb positions. He can obtain big yardage very quickly, not necessarily needing a high number of balls to receive. The Steelers will run the ball quite a bit too, and Hines Ward will take some balls off him, but I really think Wallace can have a big year. The Steelers schedule should help him too. Overall, its pretty easy and they look to be facing some teams who were poor against the pass last year. In fact, the highest ranked pass defence they are due to face is 13th. Of course, this can mean nothing, and defences do change year by year, but its something which has to be considered. I’m taking the 12/1 @ skybet because they offer four places, but 14/1 is available with quite a few bookies too. Of the ’main’ contenders, I think Andre Johnson is naturally a big threat and will receive plenty of yards this season for the Texans. Personally, I think he’s priced up a little short, but he is certainly a danger. I don’t think Roddy White will take as many yards this year, simply because of the other reinforcements that the Falcons have added to their roster. Reggie Wayne is always up their in yardage, but with Dallas Clark back fit now, his numbers might come down too with Manning having more options. I fancy a couple of outsiders to go well, both simply because they are pretty much ‘go to men’ with not many other viable options. Brandon Marshall has proven in the past that he’s well capable of receiving plenty of yards. Last year wasn’t his best for whatever reason, partly because his head wasn’t ’right’ but he’s a key man for Miami. The biggest problem is the relationship between him and QB Chad Henne, but reportedly during the off-season they have been working very hard to improve this issue. Marshall will pick up a steady amount of yardage and just a few hundred yards of improvement upon his 1,014 of last year will push him up the rankings. @ odds of 40/1 and with Coral offering ew terms on the top 4 places, I’ll chance my arm with him. My final pick is the Bills’ Steve Johnson. He obtained close to 1100 yards last year in an awful Bills team which was quite an achievement. I don’t expect the Bills will be too much better this year either, but with defensive reinforcements they should improve a little which will help. They never added any more WRs during the off-season and lost Lee Evans to the Ravens. This should further increase Johnson’s yardage this season, although the Bills will run it quite a lot too. I think odds of 67/1 are too big for someone who finished 11th overall in total yardage last season, and the indications are that he should have the chance to increase on that. One WR I will be taking on this season is Greg Jennings. He obtained 1,265 last year, but I doubt he will see as much of the ball this time around. The Packers will have Finley back from injury, Driver and Nelson as competition, along with the resurging running game of Grant and Starks. The yardage should be spread out amongst this team making it difficult for him to have such a good campaign. I will also be taking Fitzgerald in a H2H bet with him, with Larry receiving a +55 yard head start. Larry Fitzgerald most regular season receiving yards @ 10/1 skybet 2pts ew (1/4 1-4) Larry Fitzgerald OVER 1180.5 regular season receiving yards @ 1.73 Bet365 5pts Mike Wallace most regular season receiving yards @ 12/1 skybet 1.5pts ew (1/4 1-4) Brandon Marshall most regular season receiving yards @ 40/1 coral 0.75pt ew (1/4 1-4) Steve Johnson most regular season receiving yards @ 67/1 coral 0.5pt ew (1/4 1-4) Greg Jennings UNDER 1232.5 regular season receiving yards @ 1.83 blue square 5pts H2H bet Larry Fitzgerald (+55) vs. Greg Jennings @ 1.90 Bet365 5pts

Re: NFL season outright bets I too thought about taking Greene for most rushing yards. The Jets style is geared towards the run and having LT there to spell him on passing plays is a good thing for this market. This is basically my first NFL season for antepost betting so not going to really take too much, but I have taken Calvin Johnson for most receiving yards @ 17 (Sportsbet). I'm still not sold on Best being able to carry the load and with Leshore picked in the earlier rounds I think the Lions agree that a tandem is their best bet. Of course Leshore is already on IR so the Lions now have to make do with Best partnered with the likes of Maurice Morris or Jerome Harrison or whatever makeshift tailback they have. And let's not forget Best isn't exactly great when it comes to injuries. Neither for that matter is Matthew Stafford, but when you have a guy like Stafford finally fit (for now at least) and a weapon like Megatron, why wouldn't you look to him at every opportunity. Stafford looked very slick in pre-season and Best very not so, so based on that and the odds here I'm happy to take Calvin. Also interested in the NFL offensive rookie of the year market, but can't find the player I like listed anywhere except SJ, who I refuse to bet with.

Re: NFL season outright bets Most rushing yards market This is an interesting market but I’ve narrowed it down to a couple of fancies for this season. The first is an obvious pick in Adrian Peterson, the joint favourite with most bookies. Personally, I hate going for a favourite in a market like this, but I just cant see how he wont be in the top 4 places come the end of the season, barring injury. The Vikings’ offence is pretty much ALL resting on him this season, and with McNabb as QB they will look to run the ball even more. Everyone knows his quality and AP has been consistent over the last few seasons, you know what your going to get with him. What also really helps matters is the Vikes schedule. They aren’t due to face many sides who were good against the rush last season. Only the Chargers and Bears (twice) look like potential challenges. Actually, in total, the Vikings will only play against 5 sides who finished in the top 15 rush defences last season, for me that could be crucial. I will also be taking his overall season yardage OVER 1325.5. He has covered this line in 3 of his 4 seasons, and last year was also extremely close to the mark. Overall, I feel the line is very generous and should be at least 125 yards more. One of the other reasons why I fancy Peterson is because I think there are question marks over some of his rivals. Firstly, Chris Johnson of the titans. With his ‘strike’ due to contract problems only having just ended, he might be distracted at the start of the season a bit, or at least not be as sharp as he could be. Add to the fact that the Titans also have to face the likes of the Steelers and Ravens, it doesn’t look so easy. Johnson will rush a good number of yards this season, but I personally think there are doubts. Secondly take Adrian Foster. Yes, he was superb last season, but I do wonder if that was a bit of a freak year. The Texans will always pass the ball quite a lot so he will lose yards to that and overall I don’t think he will go as well this season. There are also injury doubts surrounding Foster about a recurring problem. He might not even be fit enough to start in week one, and with a recurring injury there is always the danger he might miss games. The other ‘main’ contender is Jamaal Cahrles. Now this man is a real beast and I rate him highly, he will definitely destroy some teams this season for sure. But the Chiefs had a fairly easy schedule last year which he made the most of, probably one of the reasons he rushed so many yards. This year the schedule isn’t so kind and I just cant see how he’ll win this market seeing some of the teams the Chiefs will come up against. The Chargers (twice), Steelers, Bears, Jets, Dolphins, Vikings, NE. Half the schedule is against what were some very good rush defences last season which will make life very difficult. Therefore, I will also be taking his overall season yardage UNDER 1525.5. This is too big a line and will be hard for him to cover it. Actually, only 4 people have managed to score more than this yardage in the last 4 years combined, which just proves how difficult it is to achieve! Of the other contenders, I cant see Ray Rice doing enough to win this overall, although he should rush better than last season. The Ravens will likely go to him more and look to rediscover the running game again. The schedule suits facing weak rush defences, and with the exception of facing the Steelers, I’d expect him to go OVER 1200.5 yards. He has covered this line both of the last couple of years, barring injury I’d expect the same. Michael Turner is a possible contender, but the Falcons have a great passing game too so he will lose yards there. MJ Drew could go well for the Jags, but there are possible injury concerns over him and the Jags schedule is pretty difficult. One player who I certainly did consider is Darren McFaddon. He is pretty much the lynchpin of the Raiders offence and he should go very well in some games. However, a difficult looking schedule against some strong defences and the fitness concerns which always seem to be attached to him were too much of a worry. @ odds of 33/1 though, I’ll admit he’s maybe worth a small bet, although I wont take it. My second pick in this market is Rachard Mendenhall. @ odds of 18/1 I feel he is good value and worth a shot. Over the last couple of years he has certainly shown glimpses of producing some very big matches, its just a question of him doing it more regularly. The Steelers will pass the ball a bit, but they will use Mendenhall plenty of times too. I’m pretty sure he will run a lot of yards this season, and the schedule will definitely help him. Apart from a couple of games against the Ravens which wont be easy, there aren’t really any other tough looking defences against the rush for Rachard to deal with this season. I’ll chance my arm @ these decent looking odds, I think he will definitely have every chance of at least placing in the top 3 this year. I will also be taking his season yardage OVER 1150.5. This is way too low from bwin and he easily covered this last year by going 1273. For those who don’t like to bet @bwin or have restrictions there, then over 1220 @ blue square also looks generous. Adrian Peterson most regular season rushing yards @ 9/2 Skybet 2.5pts ew (1/4 1-4) Adrian Peterson OVER 1325.5 regular season rushing yards @ 1.80 bet365 5pts Rashard Mendenhall most regular season rushing yards @ 18/1 Bluesquare 1pt ew (1/4 1-3) Rashard Mendenhall OVER 1150.5 regular season rushing yards @ 1.85 bwin 5pts Jamaal Charles UNDER 1525.5 regular season rushing yards @ 1.80 Paddypower 5pts Ray Rice OVER 1200.5 regular season rushing yards @ 1.85 bwin 5pts

Re: NFL season outright bets Finally into the passing market, some more player totals that I like. Drew Brees UNDER 4500.5 regular season passing yards @ 1.85 bwin 5pts Its always dangerous taking Brees on, but this line of 4500.5 yards looks a bit too big. Actually, he’s only covered it twice in his career, once during the superb SB campaign, and last year he threw 4620. It looks as though the Saints might be a different team this year though and run the ball more. The signing of Ingram and having Pierre Thomas fit for the whole season will only help them in that department and take some pressure off Brees’ arm. He’ll likely throw over 4000 this year, but I don’t think he will go past 4500, it looks a bit too high considering the new possibilities of the Saints’ running game. Ben Roethlisberger OVER 3725.5 regular season passing yards @ 1.83 paddy power 5pts This line is way too low on Big Ben who should be able to cover it with ease. He only threw 3,200 last year, but that’s a completely false statistic. He missed 4 games and it wasn’t all that easy for him in the early stages following his comeback either, took him some time to regain full sharpness. His overall average yardage was excellent, had he completed a full season he’d have thrown over 4000 yards. With the likes of Wallace, Ward and Miller to aim for, I’m pretty sure he can cover this extremely generous total set by paddy power. Yes, the Steelers will run the ball with Mendenhall a lot as well, but there will be more than enough opportunities for Big Ben to get the business done. Joe Flacco OVER 3500.5 regular season passing yards @ 1.85 bwin 5pts I think this line is too low on Flacco, who should be able to cover it fairly comfortably. He has thrown over 3600 yards in both of this last two seasons, so based on that alone this looks like a good bet. Combine that with a need for him to really ‘prove’ himself this year and your looking at someone extremely motivated to push towards the 4000 yard mark. The Ravens will run the ball quite a lot with Ray Rice, but there will be ample opportunity for Joe to get the business done. It helps that the Ravens’ schedule is looking fairly soft and facing some of last seasons’ weak defences against the pass. Unless he gets injured then I’d be really surprised if he failed to throw more than 3500. Matt Ryan OVER 3650.5 regular season passing yards @ 1.85 bwin 5pts Matt Ryan threw over 3700 yards last season and it looks like there is ample opportunity for him to improve upon that. The addition of Julio Jones at WR is a huge boost and with Roddy White also there, he’s spoilt for choice who to choose. The Falcons running backs will always prevent Ryan from throwing seriously big numbers, but even considering this he should have a decent chance of reaching 4000 this season. All in all, it just seems he should improve upon last year’s total and certainly should cover this 3650 line, which definitely looks too low to me.

Re: NFL season outright bets Matthew Stafford @ 34 Most Passing Yards Paddy Power I'm really big on the Lions this year. I think they have potential for big things and whilst not an obvious favourite in any way I feel they offer good value on a number of markets. Anyway, Stafford looked in mid season form in pre-season, and as I said earlier Best isn't the type of back you want to have carrying the ball 20 times a game and the Lions actually have the 6th toughest strength of schedule. Whilst this is bad in some ways (like not the best thing for my Lions Superbowl bet) it may mean the Lions will have to chase some games and this is where a lot of cheap yards can be earnt. Have also taken him for Regular Season MVP @ 67 just in case he has 2nd most passing yards and throws 30 TDs to get the award. Now watch all my bets go tits up as Stafford gets sacked and injured on the first drive of the season :lol

Now watch all my bets go tits up as Stafford gets sacked and injured on the first drive of the season :lol
I guess thats the big worry with Stafford (and the Lions) isn't it. Can he stay fit and can that OL protect him well enough?, because his shoulder is vulnerable. It would be interesting to see how he performs over the full season

Re: NFL season outright bets Yeah...great. Thanks Crouchy. :eyes :lol ...the bad thing is (for us both now I think!), is that Det have a pretty shit schedule. (that can't be the way to spell that word, surely... :unsure ) Just on a simple formula of rankings (last years) v. games...Stafford comes out second worst @ 13.0... ...Brady real bad @ 11.5!! Could be a super bad year for the Pats. [No, really. ;) ] Big Ben certainly "value" @ 20's...even more-so with their opp (21.8!!) but can he get up there with Schaub (16.5...but likely no Foster early to lean on)...Brees (16.3), not sure I'm so down on him as mm, or Rivers (14.7...but that's counting Oakland as their '2' last year...) Over-priced, but a winner? :\ ...and mm, you have missed C-J out there completely in the rushing yards. Will certainly play this week...has a super soft draw (19.5)...obviously some concerns about new system, and having too much $ in his pockets to run freely, but I'd have him a firmer fav than AP. You did mention one Mr. Michael Turner tho...I may be a bit nostalgic after last year, but 12's (SKY) is crazy! He's got a 18.6 schedule (better still after the no. 2 run D @ Chic ;) ) and has had a 1700 yard season...admittedly before they found their passing groove, but they'll be in front late lots... :cheers Foster [17.6], as mentioned, may be a 'fluke'...either way is in doubt early... ...AP [18.6] has SD and Chic (x2) both top 4...Atl who will be top 4 this year, and I'm sure the Lions will also be on the improve defensively. ...Charles has a bad run of games @ 16.2. I'm sure I also mentioned this somewhere else...but... Titans win Div (9.00 Lad) Wide open Div. Reports coming out of Indi vary anywhere between Manning being stiff, to sore, to needing more knife work...and seriously, this is a gamble against him being good for a little while... ...I say a 'little' while, because of their schedule...6 of their first 7 are non-Div!!!...if they drop a few of those 'unexpectedly' without him, things will be tough! Tough schedule anyway...v. Pits, @ TB, @ NO, v. Atl, @ NE, @ Balt...if they drop one at home to Cleve in wk. 2, it could be a very long road back... ...Jags, no chance I suspect. Aging 'stars'...offense is going backwards, and defense is awful. Tough out of Div schedule, @ Jets, @ Caro even, v. NO, @ Pits, v. Balt, v. SD, @ Atl...nope... ...Houston, can they trust their own D? Have looked better early this year admittedly, but Foster out early...and yeah, D still very suspect. Gave up 4th most points last year...look to improved in pass D, but can still get run on... ...have never won more than 9 games in a season (although I guess that means squat! :lol)...chance for sure... ...but the odds on Tenn look to be a bit silly. As meaningless as pre-season is, I do like to look at ypc stats...3.8 for the Titans, good numbers, given I think their pass D will be solid. They've given up the least points and had the most take-aways also... Question marks on their scoring, but Hasselbeck will be fine (Locker could even be better! :eek )...ceratinly better than Young/Collins last year... ...gives C-J even more room to be productive I suspect too. 2 years removed from winning the Div...new coach...like it... ...Schedule-wise, have losses @ Pits, @ Atl...should be in games @ Cleve, Caro, Buff all the way...tough one @ home v. NO late, but I have it equal with Houston for best run in the Div... ...price looks really big...and will be bigger still when they beat the Jags this week. ;) :cheers

Re: NFL season outright bets Roddy White UNDER 95 total regular season receptions @ 2.62 Bet365 3pts Just a small bet here, but I think its worth a punt. Roddy White received 115 times last season, the highest out of anyone. This was a bit of a freak though and its unusual for players to catch as many as that in a year. Only himself and Reggie Wayne received more than 95 last season, so I think this line seems high from bet365. They are definitely pricing up their market (which is actually 3 way) based on the fact that he took so many last year, but the arrival of Julio Jones should definitely increase his competition. Jones will take catches off both White and Gonzalez and all in all I think it’ll be enough to see the % of White‘s receptions drop. In total, I’d say he’s likely to receive between 80-90 times and I’ll take a 3pt bet that he goes below the 95 mark.

Re: NFL season outright bets My final 4 outrights (yes I know I've taken a lot but its my style :D) Arizona Cardinals to win the NFC West @ 3/1 Bluesquare 3pts In what is the worst NFL division I think the Cardinals offer a bit of value to win it. The addition of Kolb at QB is a huge boost following their nightmares at that position last season. He should link up very well with Larry Fitzgerald and there are a few other options too, new signing Todd Heap being one of them. The running game will probably only be average, but still competent with Wells and Williams battling it out for yards. Defensively, the Cardinals should provide an improvement and I expect them to be reasonably solid. To win this division, they don’t have to do anything secular because their opposition is poor. They face the whole of the NFC east, plus the AFC north this year, so there is the potential for some tough fixtures. The Rams have a really hard looking schedule, especially the first half of the season, and after a bad start then it might be too much for them to claw back. I think we can pretty much discount the Seahawks they just don’t look like they will be able to launch any sort of challenge. San Fran to me are the biggest danger, but we all know that they regularly flatter to deceive. @ odds of 3/1 I’ll chance my arm the Cardinals can finish top of this division, this looks a decent price to me. Philadelphia Eagles to win the NFC East @ 1.91 Bluesquare 5pts Overall, I think the Eagles will be too strong in this division and win it. The standard will be high with the Giants and Boys certainly no pushovers, even the Skins might cause the odd surprise. Looking at how the Eagles have reinforced off season though and its hard to look beyond them here. They seem to be superbly equipped in all areas and especially in offence they are capable of scoring a massive amount of points. A crucial part of their schedule could be that they have home games with both NE and NYJ, which is quite an advantage compared to their rivals in this division. Just all in all I think Andy Reid’s team will have too much and claim the honours here. 1.91 seems like a good price to me, I’d say something like 1.60-70 would be fairer. Baltimore Ravens to win the AFC Championship @ 8/1 Boyles 2pts Pittsburgh Steelers to win AFC Championship @ 13/2 Boyles 2pts Well after looking into detail, I’ve changed my mind on our (Ravens) potential chances this season. The schedule is very kind with the whole of the NFC west to face, along with a potentially weak AFC north. Its pretty useful to avoid the Patriots too, although SD are faced later on in the year. Of course, the Steelers are pretty much in the same boat with some tasty looking fixtures. I expect both teams to make the play offs with ease, the winner of the division is a toss up and will likely be determined on H2H games. I think whoever wins this division will have a very strong chance of being a high seed, maybe even number 1 ranked. If that happens it would be a huge advantage and give either side an excellent chance of winning the AFC conference. Actually, I think the Superbowl will be won by an NFC side, so I wont take either in that, instead just take the conference bet. New Orleans Saints to win the Superbowl @ 16/1 Bluesquare pt ew (1/2 1-2) The Saints look like they will be a good all round team this year and they are my outright pick to win the Superbowl. They don’t have an easy starting fixture at GB and they might well lose that, but it gets easier from then on. The NFC south is a competitive division and the winner will likely be decided by the H2H games between the Saints and Falcons. If New Orleans could top them, then it’d be a nice bonus, but all in all I’d expect both teams to make the play offs comfortably. It seems the Saints will be a better balanced team this year, hopefully not having to rely upon Drew Brees’ arm as much. I’d expect them to run the ball quite a bit more this time around, and the defence should be more stable too. It’s going to be difficult to get to the Superbowl, there are some good NFC teams this year. But @ odds of 16/1 I think the Saints can give me a good run for my money.

Good luck Meat. They all look like they offer a bit of value to me. Just on the Cardinals though, Ryan Williams is out foe the season.
Cheers Crouchie, good luck with your bets too Yeh, I mean to me they seem value. None of those were what I call 50/50 bets, and my only dangerous one is Manning which might well lose now, but thats the risk I took there. For long term season bets some people dont like to have money tied up for a decent period of time, which is totally understandable. Usually I don't, but for 4 months I dont mind. Lets hope everyone has a profitable year and I'm pretty sure the NFL contributions on PL will be immense this season, there are really a lot of quality posters who know their stuff around here now.