maximize.gif Napoli v Genoa (17:00 BST) 1.7 3.9 6.2 100.59 %
maximize.gif Atalanta v Cesena (19:45 BST) 2.16 3.28 4.28 100.15 %
maximize.gif Bologna v AS Roma (19:45 BST) 3.5 3.3 2.37 101.07 %
maximize.gif Internazionale v Lecce (19:45 BST) 1.38 5.3 11.3 100.13 %
maximize.gif Lazio v Chievo (19:45 BST) 1.68 3.85 6.4 101.11 %
maximize.gif Novara v Palermo (19:45 BST) 3.1 3.35 2.56 101.17 %
maximize.gif Parma v Catania (19:45 BST) 1.96 3.39 4.83 101.22 %
maximize.gif Udinese v Juventus (19:45 BST) 2.92 3.37 2.7 100.96 %

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August I only feel as though I have a decent read on a few teams right now. Primarily they are Milan, Napoli and Lazio. I have general impressions of other teams but I don't feel confident to get involved in any of their matches. Thus far I've only taken one bet and I right now I don't think I'll be taking any others. Napoli vs. Genoa The big question regarding Napoli this season surrounds how well they will cope with Europe and Serie A together. They are an immensely proud club and are back on the right track and where they belong following their demotion. The problem of juggling competitions is not yet a concern though and they'll be firmly concentrated on satisfying a packed San Paolo on Sunday. They've had a good off-season and are one of the few clubs who can say they've categorically strengthened. As of now no big players have left and a couple have come in. Inler will prove to be a great signing for Napoli. He's a bossy CM who can dictate matches from the middle. CM was a key area that needed improving and he certainly does that. Dzemali is earmarked as his primary partner. My impression of him is that he's a pretty tidy player that can do a bit of everything but is more geared to going forward than backwards. Britos came in at CB but will miss the start of the season through injury. Ruiz is also expected to push at CB this season but may miss this match also. Napoli had a decent D last season anyway with the only weak player being Aronica IMO. A few squad players are in also but wont affect this match. Napoli should look like this: 3-4-2-1: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Inler, Dzemali, Dossena; Lavezzi, Hamsik; Cavani. Lavezzi is the only player is see possibly being scooped up in the market but I think he has a lot of love for this club and I'd be more surprised to see him leave. I like that line-up. Maggio and Dossena will get up and down all game while the front 3 will terrorise defenders. Napoli will hope that their new CM will help them control matches better as opposed to concentrating on quick counters with the front 3. They got hammered by Barca 5-0 last night but they wont face anything even close to that Barca team in Serie A - it may as well be a different sport. Now to Genoa. Same old story for them. They have yet another largely changed team to start the season. More out the door than in but a couple of good acquisitions have come in. Frey is one of the best GK's in the league no doubt. Merkel is interesting but can't be relied on IMO. I don't really know how they'll line-up to be fair. Their D is pretty much the same as last season and the midfield lends itself to a 3 as opposed to 4. And I'd expect Merkel to play behind 2 strikers. That's what Gazzetta thinks anyway - for what it's worth. Predicted (4-3-1-2): Frey; Mesto, Dainelli, Khaladze, Antonelli, Veloso, Constant, Kucka; Merkel; Palacio, Pratto. The D is pretty run of the mill. Dainelli is decent. Full-backs are average while I've never liked Khaladze. He performed decently for Genoa last season but he's an accident waiting to happen. A year older and slower, I can see him getting run ragged. Veloso was a total flop in midfield and I think the loss of Milanetto is bad for them. Kucka is a very interesting player and I'd look for him to have breakout season. Constant is also a clever buy on the back of last season. There is a little bit of everything in there, but it's not special by any means. Merkel is perhaps one to watch given that he is tidy on the ball. The strikers are a bit 'meh' to be honest. Palacio is decent but isn't a typical scorer as he prefers to be on the wing of a 3. Don't know anything about Pratto. Only one side has any real momentum going into this. Genoa need to find their feet a little while Napoli have a real chance to hit the ground running. Napoli -0.75 (AH) - 1.875 - 4 points - Bet365

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August :welcome My picks for the first weak this season are as follows: Lazio v Chievo - Over 2.5 @ 2.20 Pinnacle 5/10 Lazio looked deadly throught most of there off season and were scoring goals left right and centre, even in there europa league first leg they won 6-0. I expect a tougher match against chievo. Chievo lost Constant, Mantovani and Fernandes and will concede a few goals against high flying lazio in their first game in front of their enthusiastic fans, cisse and klose will want to get off to a good start. Inter v Lecce - AH -1.5 @2.19 Sbobet 4/10 Its true that inter have looked shaky, and just about crap so far in the pre season, BUT. They are playing a team which i expect them to win 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 easily. They will probably start with a 4-3-3 formation and line up something like this: Cesar, Chivu, Lucio, Samuel, Jonathan, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Alvarez, Pandev and Milito or Pazzini Lecce without Olivera, Ferrario and Carrozzieri. Cagliari v Milan - Milan @1.86 Pinnacle 4/10 Milan are just a couple of levels better than Cagliari, also Donadoni was sacked and new coach Ficcadenti who will probably have a similar style to Donadonis 4-3-1-2. They lost Lazzeri , Aquafresca and Marchetti in the window and i cant see them takeing any points against a milan who beat inter in the super cup, and beat juve in the berlusconi cup. Although Milan are without Ibra,Van Bom, Mexes, and Taiwo. Robinho, Pato, Cassano, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Boetang, Seedorf should be enough for Milan to secure 3 points here. I also fancy Siena pk, Cesena +0.5, Roma -0.25 and Novara pk, but i will look into these later on in the week as i did not really put much thought into them just off hand looking at the fixtures, although i do have my reasons :D Let me know your thoughts, :cheers

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August

:welcome My picks for the first weak this season are as follows: Lazio v Chievo - Over 2.5 @ 2.20 Pinnacle 5/10 Lazio looked deadly throught most of there off season and were scoring goals left right and centre, even in there europa league first leg they won 6-0. I expect a tougher match against chievo. Chievo lost Constant, Mantovani and Fernandes and will concede a few goals against high flying lazio in their first game in front of their enthusiastic fans, cisse and klose will want to get off to a good start. Inter v Lecce - AH -1.5 @2.19 Sbobet 4/10 Its true that inter have looked shaky, and just about crap so far in the pre season, BUT. They are playing a team which i expect them to win 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 easily. They will probably start with a 4-3-3 formation and line up something like this: Cesar, Chivu, Lucio, Samuel, Jonathan, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Alvarez, Pandev and Milito or Pazzini Lecce without Olivera, Ferrario and Carrozzieri. Cagliari v Milan - Milan @1.86 Pinnacle 4/10 Milan are just a couple of levels better than Cagliari, also Donadoni was sacked and new coach Ficcadenti who will probably have a similar style to Donadonis 4-3-1-2. They lost Lazzeri , Aquafresca and Marchetti in the window and i cant see them takeing any points against a milan who beat inter in the super cup, and beat juve in the berlusconi cup. Although Milan are without Ibra,Van Bom, Mexes, and Taiwo. Robinho, Pato, Cassano, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Boetang, Seedorf should be enough for Milan to secure 3 points here. I also fancy Siena pk, Cesena +0.5, Roma -0.25 and Novara pk, but i will look into these later on in the week as i did not really put much thought into them just off hand looking at the fixtures, although i do have my reasons :D Let me know your thoughts, :cheers
Gasperini usually plays with 3-4-3 tactics and i think he will put something like this: Julio Cesar Ranocchia, Samuel, Chivu Jonathan, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Zanetti Alvarez, Pazzini, Sneijder They're missing Viviano, Cordobo, Maicon and Nagatomo.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August Missing players: Atalanta : Ferreira Pinto, Doni Cesena: Martinho, Livaja, Rennella Bologna:Rickler, Vitale, Garics, Vantaggiato, Crespo, Ramirez Roma:Juan Cagliari:El Kabir, Ekdal, Thiago Ribeiro, Larrivey Milan:Ibrahimovic, van Bommel, Flamini, Taiwo, Inzaghi, El Shaarawy, Mexes Inter:Maicon, Cordoba, Nagatomo, Viviano Lecce:Ferrario, Olivera, Carrozzieri, Bennasi Lazio:Sculli, Stankevicius Chievo:Sorrentino Napoli:Britos, Gargano Genoa:/ Novara:Lisuzzo, Rigoni Palermo:Pinilla, Simon Parma:Gobbi, Palladino, Valdes, Blasi Catania:Paglialunga, Suazo, Ledesma Siena:Grossi, Belmonte, Angella, Contini, Rossi, Reginaldo Fiorentina:Babacar, Kroldrup, Vargas, Camporese Udinese:Barreto, Coda, Ferronneti, Floro Flores, Domizzi, Benatia Juventus:Iaquinta

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August Bologna - Roma Bologna +0.25 (@1.875) bet365 4 points Roma is still in construction, and Luis Enrique has still a lot to do, Borriello should leave and they will buy Osvaldo from Espanol (which is quite the same) now Roma will play on thursday evening at home for EEL and that will be a real match, cause they loose 1st leg. Bologna at home is good team, their mercato has not been impressive, but Acquafresca and Di Vaio are good forwarders, and opposite to the defense of Roma I think they can create some problems. I think odds on Bologna have a value

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August Novara - Palermo 1 (@3.1) bf 2 points Palermo has sold Pastore and Sirigu still do not buy new players, Yesterday they sold also defender Bovo to Genoa, They will buy in last days but this match is on Sunday, so Mr. Pioli has not the time to improve is team and overall is defense, President Zamparini has been criticised by supporters, Novara await this moment from a lot of year, they play on a sintetic field and this will be an advantage for them, and for thei offensive football, Novara maintains quite the same team of last year, they added players like Paci and Dellafiore in defense. Also Mr. Tesser is known to make a strong phisical preparation and their team often start season very well

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August I'm a bit shook of going in on Milan because their South American's only return from holiday 2 days prior to kick-off. I'm sure they could all play if required but perhaps Allegri wont push them into the line-up. Pato or Robinho (probably Pato) will be forced in because only Cassano is fit up front. There is less need for Silva and Robinho. Cagliari do look weak this season but they could hold a solid D when needed last season. I see potential for a Milan clean sheet but I think I'll leave them alone this weekend.

Gasperini usually plays with 3-4-3 tactics and i think he will put something like this: Julio Cesar Ranocchia, Samuel, Chivu Jonathan, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Zanetti Alvarez, Pazzini, Sneijder They're missing Viviano, Cordobo, Maicon and Nagatomo.
Really its quite similar as zanetti will drift more central sometimes and Chivu and Jonathan will advance from the flanks when attacking. More Jonathan than chivu though so yes your right its a 3-4-3 they line up with. But lecce really weak this year.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August agree with divincodino, Bologna +0.25 is a best value bet atm in serie A :ok IMAO Roma are a club under new ownership and with a new look this season. They have a new young coach in Barcelona legend, Luis Enrique and have made some shrewd, young buys this season in Erik Lamela and Bojan Krkic, who both arrive from River Plate and Barcelona respectively. They both have the talent and ability to be great signings for the club. Their best signing, however, has to be Maarten Stekelenburg, who’s a proven, world-class keeper and a definite upgrade over Cristiano Doni and Julio Sergio (who both have left to Liverpool and Lecce, respectively). Despite this excellent signing, I believe that Roma must buy re-inforcements for their defence, especially after the loss of Phillipe Mexes to Roma and the poor form of both Juan and Nicolas Burdisso. At the moment Roma need to settle to their new coach’s methods and tactics, they will improve sure...but atm they are still very vulnerable especially in defense (Both Teams To Score is another good bet IMO)

Novara - Palermo 1 (@3.1) bf 2 points Palermo has sold Pastore and Sirigu still do not buy new players, Yesterday they sold also defender Bovo to Genoa, They will buy in last days but this match is on Sunday, so Mr. Pioli has not the time to improve is team and overall is defense, President Zamparini has been criticised by supporters, Novara await this moment from a lot of year, they play on a sintetic field and this will be an advantage for them, and for thei offensive football, Novara maintains quite the same team of last year, they added players like Paci and Dellafiore in defense. Also Mr. Tesser is known to make a strong phisical preparation and their team often start season very well
Palermo got a lot of new players. Gonzalez (Novara), Cetto (Tolosa), Milanovic (Lokomotiv Moscow), Zahavi (Hapoel Tel Aviv), Simon (Haladas), Labrin (Huachipato), Pisano (Varese), Munari (Lecce), Lanzafame (Brescia), Mantovani (Chievo), Lores (Defensor), Silvestre (Catania), Malele (FC Zurich), Peralta (Nacional) :welcome Btw

Palermo got a lot of new players. Gonzalez (Novara), Cetto (Tolosa), Milanovic (Lokomotiv Moscow), Zahavi (Hapoel Tel Aviv), Simon (Haladas), Labrin (Huachipato), Pisano (Varese), Munari (Lecce), Lanzafame (Brescia), Mantovani (Chievo), Lores (Defensor), Silvestre (Catania), Malele (FC Zurich), Peralta (Nacional) :welcome Btw
Yes I know, But Palermo sold Sirigu, Pastore, Bovo and Cassani (today to Fiorentina) New players have no same quality, and Mr. Pioli needs time to construct a team, major problem are in defense, Cassani and Bovo are regular, maybe Mantovani e Silvestre will play but They need time. Friendly match have not been good, and EEL too.

Yes I know, But Palermo sold Sirigu, Pastore, Bovo and Cassani (today to Fiorentina) New players have no same quality, and Mr. Pioli needs time to construct a team, major problem are in defense, Cassani and Bovo are regular, maybe Mantovani e Silvestre will play but They need time. Friendly match have not been good, and EEL too.
Could you please post a link, whit their friendly fixture?? Cheers :ok

Could you please post a link, whit their friendly fixture?? Cheers :ok
I only have info of two friendlies involving Palermo' date=' they won agaisnt Siena 3-1 and lost against Fenerbahce 3-2.[/quote'] Yes Guys, these are the 2 mojor friendlies, all the others are against non- professional teams, anyway here all the friendly matches of italian teams till now http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/calcio/articoli/63739/amichevoli-estive-tutti-i-risultati.shtml Anyway, during last friendly match lost against Fenerbahce, supporters contest Parlermo' s president Zamparini, accused of only wants to earn money from the team, surely Zamparini will make a good team but according to me 1st match of Serie A comes to early for them , and Novara at the 1st match after 30 years in Seriea A can make a surprise, now odds on Novara are dropping down, surely @3.1 was too high for them. Consider also that Novara is the only one team in Serie A to play on a synthetic field

Missing players: Atalanta : Ferreira Pinto, Doni Cesena: Martinho, Livaja, Rennella Bologna:Rickler, Vitale, Garics, Vantaggiato, Crespo, Ramirez Roma:Juan Cagliari:El Kabir, Ekdal, Thiago Ribeiro, Larrivey Milan:Ibrahimovic, van Bommel, Flamini, Taiwo, Inzaghi, El Shaarawy, Mexes Inter:Maicon, Cordoba, Nagatomo, Viviano Lecce:Ferrario, Olivera, Carrozzieri, Bennasi Lazio:Sculli, Stankevicius Chievo:Sorrentino Napoli:Britos, Gargano Genoa:/ Novara:Lisuzzo, Rigoni Palermo:Pinilla, Simon Parma:Gobbi, Palladino, Valdes, Blasi Catania:Paglialunga, Suazo, Ledesma Siena:Grossi, Belmonte, Angella, Contini, Rossi, Reginaldo Fiorentina:Babacar, Kroldrup, Vargas, Camporese Udinese:Barreto, Coda, Ferronneti, Floro Flores, Domizzi, Benatia Juventus:Iaquinta
Some updates: Yesterday Ibrahimovic trained with the team, He should play in Milan against Cagliari, doubtfull Boateng, Milan buys Acquilani from Liverpool. Juventus yesterday buys Estigarribia and Giaccherini, Vucinic has the flu but he should play, Krasic doubtfull Cesena buy Martinez from Juventus, Eto'o is gone to Anzhi, Inter should buy Forlan but He will not play in the 1st match against Lecce, Atalanta buys forwarder Denis from Udinese.

agree with divincodino' date=' [b']Bologna +0.25 is a best value bet atm in serie A :ok IMAO Roma are a club under new ownership and with a new look this season. They have a new young coach in Barcelona legend, Luis Enrique and have made some shrewd, young buys this season in Erik Lamela and Bojan Krkic, who both arrive from River Plate and Barcelona respectively. They both have the talent and ability to be great signings for the club. Their best signing, however, has to be Maarten Stekelenburg, who’s a proven, world-class keeper and a definite upgrade over Cristiano Doni and Julio Sergio (who both have left to Liverpool and Lecce, respectively). Despite this excellent signing, I believe that Roma must buy re-inforcements for their defence, especially after the loss of Phillipe Mexes to Roma and the poor form of both Juan and Nicolas Burdisso. At the moment Roma need to settle to their new coach’s methods and tactics, they will improve sure...but atm they are still very vulnerable especially in defense (Both Teams To Score is another good bet IMO)
This depends a lot on Roma's fixture today with Slovan Bratislava in Europa League.... If roma perform well as a team, and win easy the odds will definately drop, so for those who want to bet on this game i suggest to wait until during the Roma game and see whats happening then decide before some books have chance to act.

Re: Italy - Serie A - 27-28 August SERIE A STRIKE LOOMS LARGE The threat of strike action for the opening of the new Serie A season has become greater after the Italian Football League refused to sign the latest draft of a new collective agreement. With the Spanish domestic season already hit by player strikes, talks have been ongoing to avoid a repeat of these scenes ahead of Italy’s big kick-off on Saturday. The Italian Players’ Association (AIC) this week maintained it will strike for this weekend’s opening set of Serie A fixtures if a new agreement is not agreed. However, League president Maurizio Beretta told reporters on Wednesday: “The League’s general assembly has rejected the agreement with the players by a large majority of 18 votes against two.” The old collective agreement, concerning players’ rights, expired a year ago and the 2010-11 Serie A season was twice threatened by strikes before they were narrowly averted. The AIC is particularly concerned about clubs trying to force players to move in the last year of their contracts and unwanted players being forced to train separately. Meanwhile, the League is seeking to insert a clause confirming players will pay a new solidarity tax announced by the Italian government this month on all workers earning over Eur90,000 a month. AIC president Damiano Tommasi has previously stated that players would pay the new tax, but his comments on Wednesday seem to suggest the two parties are still some way from an agreement. “At this time, we aren’t in a position to play,” said Tommasi. “The League’s demands are spurious and I don’t see how that this is going to change.” The Italian Football Federation is set to meet today to discuss the crisis. Source :@ :@ :@