** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny???

Thinking about having a hefty bet on Green Destiny at York tomorrow. Surely its run last time out was too bad to be true... Take out that run and he would probably be 7/4 FAV, would i be correct??????? Not only that but Kieran Fallon replaces Adam Beschizza... I remember Haggas's statement back in June.. "We have decided to withdraw Green Destiny tomorrow as I consider the ground could be too fast for him and he will not be as effective over that distance on fastish ground." Tomorrow the ground is forecast good to soft... Anyone else think 5/1 is a cracking price about the horse? Everything seems to be in place for a big run tomorrow?

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny??? What about the Ascot run as well? Can't trust him now and it is a tough race. Massive fan of Western Aristocrat. If he won LTO he would be short of course but he had no excuses No bet in the race for me

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny???

What about the Ascot run as well? Can't trust him now and it is a tough race. Massive fan of Western Aristocrat. If he won LTO he would be short of course but he had no excuses No bet in the race for me
Yes had a poor run at Ascot but Michael Hills was on board that day, Fallon on tomorrow and the only time he ran at York he won,so this track may suit him more and that was the John Smiths where he left 18 other horses for dead.. Haggas also has 3 winners from his last 6 runners at York.. I thought Kings Gambit may be the danger, but a very good quality race, i have decided to stick to my guns and have a punt on Green Deestiny

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny??? Dux Scholar seems to be the one to be on. He'll eventually develop into a G1 performer I'd say. Worrying though about how hard it was to come off the pace in races up to a mile yesterday. Something racing handy off what could be a steady enough tempo might have a huge advantage. Still undecided about the race but I'll probably plump for Dux anyways. Big fan of Green Destiny mind. Confused!

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny??? form on LH tracks 1-1-1 form on RH tracks 0-1-0-0 the trip is the posible worry now that it may be better over further, when i wtched it at Ascot and Goodwood, i didnt feel that it handled the RH track well and would give it a decent chance based on the figures above which dont lie.

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny??? I'd say his price is about right. Course winner, will handle the going and trainer has a good record at the track as you say Aidy. Gotta go close, particularly in smaller field. Its often been said he is a group horse in a handicap - this is his chance to live up to that, good luck ....

SelectionSelection DetailsResult
Horse Racing
YORK
15:05 STRENSALL STAKES (GROUP 3) 1m 208yds
19th of Aug 2011 3:05 pm
Win or E/W
Green Destiny @ 9/2 (GP)
Win
Stake and Return Details
Bet placed at18th of Aug 2011 10:38 pmTotal Stake€200.00
Bet typeSingle (To Win)Tax@Tax free0
Number of lines1Total stake due€200.00
Stake per line€200.00Freebets Redeemed€0.00
ChannelInternetTotal amount paid€200.00
Number of win lines1
Number of void lines0Returns€1,100.00
Total Returns€1,100.00
Love it when it goes to plan!!! :cow

He's a wonderful horse altogether. Well done Aidy. Dux was set an impossible task of trying to catch the leading duo. Had a very large bet on him. :sad
Yes, but the difference between me and you is that you will have plenty more winners over the course of the season!! I will be doing well to get another one hahaha :loon I just thought Green Destiny had everything in place and went for it, a stab in the dark as they say!! Thanks Jamsey

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny??? You'll get plenty more, just keep putting the work in and it's happy days in the long-term. :) He had everything in place for a big run alright, I just thought Dux had more ability with everything suitable too. Just seems impossible to make up ground from way off the pace. I'm backing those racing handy tomorrow.

You'll get plenty more, just keep putting the work in and it's happy days in the long-term. :) He had everything in place for a big run alright, I just thought Dux had more ability with everything suitable too. Just seems impossible to make up ground from way off the pace. I'm backing those racing handy tomorrow.
I wouldnt be as knowledgable as most on here, i find it hard to go in deep and find out the best form in the race, i sometimes get confused with the classes in racing also and the group/listed class... I like course form, good jockey, trainer in form usually... He was only horse that had course form

form on LH tracks 1-1-1 form on RH tracks 0-1-0-0 the trip is the posible worry now that it may be better over further, when i wtched it at Ascot and Goodwood, i didnt feel that it handled the RH track well and would give it a decent chance based on the figures above which dont lie.
i hope this helped also, it did for me amazing how horses prefer going one way or the other well done on the bet, my stake was much smaller !

i hope this helped also, it did for me amazing how horses prefer going one way or the other well done on the bet, my stake was much smaller !
Certainly did help Bowles, it re-assured me it was the right bet!! Just delighted i backed it last night and not when it was backed into 11/4... When the money piles in for Haggas, they seldom leave it behind..

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny??? Nice call ''BUT'' - These words from you are still very fresh in my mind. Thanks for the kind words BH but i have it under control now, it is just a leisurly past-time now, and my stakes have dropped dramatically! Cheers though :cheers Stay cool fella, stay in control !

Nice call ''BUT'' - These words from you are still very fresh in my mind. Thanks for the kind words BH but i have it under control now, it is just a leisurly past-time now, and my stakes have dropped dramatically! Cheers though :cheers Stay cool fella, stay in control !
Ye, christ, how much was you punting before?

Re: Thoughts, opinions on Green Destiny??? My biggest ever bet was a grand on Bishopbriggs @ 11/2, it won that day... Also had a grand on a couple of losers!!! But thats irrelevant, i have toned it down now and that bet on Green Destiny wont be a frequent amount, my usual bet now would be 20 quid(ish)!! Good man Petersson :cow Fallon always gives you a run for your money