Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Barcelona vs Real Madrid
Selection Under 10.0 Asian Corners
Strength 10/10
Date 17/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90
Reasoning I remeber backign a very similar bet like this last season in the Champions league when these two teams met. So I will be lookign to back this bet based on last year's corner stats. 10 out of 11 Barca's games in the Champions league ended Under 10.5 corners with all 5 out of 5 Barca's home games ended Under 10.5 games. 5 out of 5 of Real's away games ended Under 10.5 Corners. Barca's home games average 7.0 corners per game whereas Real's away games average 8.2 corners per game. There were only 5 corners in the game they played at Nou Camp in the Champions league. The first leg of this contest ended with exactly 11 corners. I feel that with the asian cover where stake will be returned for exactly 10 corners, I am happy to be backing this.

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August Barcelona vs Real Madrid Despite not playing at full potential in the Bernabeu Barca came away with a draw and scoring 2 goals, but I expect more from then tonight at the Nou Camp where Barcelona have won 3 out the last 4 meetings drawing the other in the Champions League last year. New signing Sanchez looked quick and exiting and should be buzzing on his home debut, But with Messi and Villa around him im sure we will see more of him tonight. Mourinho's side looked good in the first leg and may feel aggrieved not to have won a penalty for the foul on Ronaldo by Valdez which would have given his side a lead to take here with but it wasn't given and going to the nou camp will be a much tougher ask. Real Madrid will again struggle to overcome Barcelona's dominance this season and I don't think we will see odds around evens for Barcelona at home very often so ill be taking the home side here. Barcelona @ 1.95 (Bet365).

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August I think in this kind of matches is really tough to get any value playing in 1x2, those matches are over monitored for the bookies, althought Barça is the big favourite to win the Supercopa cause has a good score at Bernabeu we have to remind Real Madrid is in a better shape right now and they are over motivated to demostrate they can be as good team as barça is, also barça will play with 2 no pure defensors as Mascherano and Adriano are against Cr7, Benzema, Coentrao (would be Di María) and Ozil, Xavi in quite sure wont play either at the begining. Real Madrid -0.5 @1.950 (Bet 365) might be a good option, If Real can play as the las Sunday did i think barça can not win for more than 1 goal, a odd bordering 2 it's a good chance.

I think in this kind of matches is really tough to get any value playing in 1x2, those matches are over monitored for the bookies, althought Barça is the big favourite to win the Supercopa cause has a good score at Bernabeu we have to remind Real Madrid is in a better shape right now and they are over motivated to demostrate they can be as good team as barça is, also barça will play with 2 no pure defensors as Mascherano and Adriano are against Cr7, Benzema, Coentrao (would be Di María) and Ozil, Xavi in quite sure wont play either at the begining. Real Madrid -0.5 @1.950 (Bet 365) might be a good option, If Real can play as the las Sunday did i think barça can not win for more than 1 goal, a odd bordering 2 it's a good chance.
Please explain the difference between AH -0.50 @1.95 AND 1X2 @1.95 for us. Thanks :)

Please explain the difference between AH -0.50 @1.95 AND 1X2 @1.95 for us. Thanks :)
Practically there is no difference between picking Barca to win or Barca-0.5, just that the asian handicap (AH) offers a better price in most of the cases. Same goes for Real+0.5 or X2. You may find this article helpful: http://www.footballtip.co.uk/asian-handicap-explained.php

They are the same thing. Both bets require the team in question to win by 1 goal. But as to the bet mentioned above, I think he probably meant Real Madrid +0.5AH and not -0.5AH. :ok

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August Barcelona v Real Madrid Real Madrid Over 4 Corners @ 11/10 (Ladbrokes) I see Barca dominating this one at home and getting an early goal. Real Madrid will then have to fight back in any way they can - Barcelona won't let Real play them at their own game so I expect a few efforts from distance/shots from outside the box which will hopefully result in plenty of deflections/clearances. Good value more than anything else!

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August For the 3rd day in a row I have a story about being in a paddy power shop!! I swear I don't work for them!! :lol Ok so they have a special of 5.5 on Messi to score first. The best price I can see elsewhere is 5.0. Also, on this market they pay 1/3 odds first 5 scorers, which means you get odds of 2.5 on Messi to score any of the first 5 goals. Given that he is a best price 2.2 to score anytime, and generally odds on, then 2.5 I think offers value. I'm not going to go into why I think Messi will score, it's common knowledge. So by backing this price each way, my bet is: 1pt L Messi 1st goalscorer @5.5 Paddy Power 1pt L Messi First 5 scorer @2.5 Paddy Power :hope

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August Anyone notice a trend below? Barca dominant at home in the recent history between the 2. Also they have Sanchez playing his first game at home.... If anyone saw him play last season he is a star and always rises to the occasion. 2.11 sbobet looks huge to me.

03/05-11 UEFA Champions League Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 1.62 3.76 5.08 1:1
29/11-10 Primera Division Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 2.00 3.33 3.58 5:0
29/11-09 Primera Division Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 1.80 3.40 4.00 1:0 blank.gif
13/12-08 Primera Division Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 1.60 3.50 4.56 2:0 blank.gif

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August Pep has said that Madrid were the better side in the first leg, I didn't see it as I was away but 2-2 is no disgrace at the Bernabeu. He also doesn't consider Barca as progressed in pre-season as Real but I think the odds on Barca are great value, the odds have started dropping in the last hour or so but I have taken the 1.5 available on pinnacle for the 0AH, Barca are normally 1.05 to win at home against most teams in the Spanish league to get them at 1.5 with draw cover looks brilliant to me. Doubt if Fabregas will start, Marca are showing Mascherano at the back alongside Pique, which isn't ideal but has served them fine over the last 12 months. They aren't showing Xavi starting but they are usually wrong somewhere so it would be great to see him instead of Thiago, but will know in about half hour I guess..looking forward to seeing Sanchez also, not seen much of him but apparently looked good in the first leg. Never been convinced by Benzema personally I don't think he stands out as exceptional at this level like Messi and Villa do, the Madrid side is the same as last year virtually and we have a pretty good idea of what they bring to the table, they are a great side but they are second to Barca and in the Camp Nou particuarly they will struggle for possession for long periods, it probably won't be a vintage Barca performance this early but I can't see them losing, and as such my money will at worst be returned to me. Good value this for me. Barcelona 0AH - 1.5 - Pinnacle - 10 points

For the 3rd day in a row I have a story about being in a paddy power shop!! I swear I don't work for them!! :lol Ok so they have a special of 5.5 on Messi to score first. The best price I can see elsewhere is 5.0. Also, on this market they pay 1/3 odds first 5 scorers, which means you get odds of 2.5 on Messi to score any of the first 5 goals. Given that he is a best price 2.2 to score anytime, and generally odds on, then 2.5 I think offers value. I'm not going to go into why I think Messi will score, it's common knowledge. So by backing this price each way, my bet is: LOST 1pt L Messi 1st goalscorer @5.5 Paddy Power WON 1pt L Messi First 5 scorer @2.5 Paddy Power :hope
Messi scores to make it 2-1. +0.5pts, profit is profit

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August Real bit unfortunate to be going in 2-1 down at the break, been the better team so far..holding a very high defensive line though, pressing Barca in their own half which seems to be a good plan and is working well so far, leaves them open to through balls though. Next goal crucial..

Re: Spain - Super Cup 2nd Leg - 19 August Brilliant game, Messi the difference as usual..brilliant handbags at the end, someone had to get sent off and it was Marcelo for an outragous foul on Fabregas, then the free for all began with all 22 players and both benches going for it, there were other sendings off but couldn't figure out who..the crowd was loving it, standing up on their seats waving scarves round their heads, that fixture has become total mayhem :lol..

Barcelona v Real Madrid Real Madrid Over 4 Corners @ 11/10 (Ladbrokes) I see Barca dominating this one at home and getting an early goal. Real Madrid will then have to fight back in any way they can - Barcelona won't let Real play them at their own game so I expect a few efforts from distance/shots from outside the box which will hopefully result in plenty of deflections/clearances. Good value more than anything else!
7 corners. Bet won :cigar

Barcelona vs Real Madrid Despite not playing at full potential in the Bernabeu Barca came away with a draw and scoring 2 goals, but I expect more from then tonight at the Nou Camp where Barcelona have won 3 out the last 4 meetings drawing the other in the Champions League last year. New signing Sanchez looked quick and exiting and should be buzzing on his home debut, But with Messi and Villa around him im sure we will see more of him tonight. Mourinho's side looked good in the first leg and may feel aggrieved not to have won a penalty for the foul on Ronaldo by Valdez which would have given his side a lead to take here with but it wasn't given and going to the nou camp will be a much tougher ask. Real Madrid will again struggle to overcome Barcelona's dominance this season and I don't think we will see odds around evens for Barcelona at home very often so ill be taking the home side here. Barcelona @ 1.95 (Bet365):ok.
What a game, Does the sub keeper Pinto get sent off every Barca vs Madrid game despite never getting on the field of play.:lol

Anyone notice a trend below? Barca dominant at home in the recent history between the 2. Also they have Sanchez playing his first game at home.... If anyone saw him play last season he is a star and always rises to the occasion. 2.11 sbobet looks huge to me. BET WON ;)
03/05-11 UEFA Champions League Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 1.62 3.76 5.08 1:1
29/11-10 Primera Division Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 2.00 3.33 3.58 5:0
29/11-09 Primera Division Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 1.80 3.40 4.00 1:0 blank.gif
13/12-08 Primera Division Barcelona vs. Real Madrid 1.60 3.50 4.56 2:0 blank.gif
BET WON :)