France - Ligue 1 (13-14 August)

Atko

Saturday 13 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifFC Lorient v Girondins de Bordeaux (18:00 BST) 2.56 3.25 3.25 100.60 %
maximize.gifOlympique Lyonnais v AC Ajaccio (18:00 BST) 1.34 5.3 12.5 101.11 %
maximize.gifSaint-Étienne v AS Nancy (18:00 BST) 2.12 3.35 4.31 100.22 %
maximize.gifSochaux-Montbéliard v SM Caen (18:00 BST) 2.1 3.4 4.5 99.25 %
maximize.gifStade Rennais v Paris Saint-Germain (18:00 BST) 2.88 3.2 2.83 101.31 %
maximize.gifToulouse FC v Dijon FCO (18:00 BST) 1.68 3.8 6.8 100.55 %
maximize.gifValenciennes FC v Stade Brestois 29 (20:00 BST) 2.01 3.45 4.57 100.62 %
Sunday 14 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAJ Auxerre v Olympique Marseille (16:00 BST) 3.9 3.27 2.22 101.27 %
maximize.gifEvian TG v OGC Nice (16:00 BST) 2.26 3.25 4 100.02 %
maximize.gifLille OSC v Montpellier HSC (20:00 BST) 1.63 3.95 7 100.95 %

Re: France - Ligue 1 (13-14 August) I thought last weekend was very trappy and privately, I hit one bet that came in, with small stakes. That team was Rennes, who host big-spending PSG at home. It's certainly a game I'd like to watch. PSG are still gelling, and one wonders if they'll be as good as the hype suggests. Certainly, they looked a team of individuals at home to Lorient. Rennes were lovely going forward, but erroneous at the back - Dijon were unlucky not to score more. Goals, perhaps, are an option in this match, although at the moment I'm leaning towards Rennes with full draw cover. I actually, at first glance, make a lot of the matches playable. Lorient are historically a good home side and Bordeaux haven't ironed out their defensive woes, nor attacking impotency. There could be mileage in les Merlus. Same for Lyon on the minus lines. Ajaccio are going to struggle on the road this season, and les Gones were good going forward at Nice. Only worry would be one eye on their Champions League qualifier in midweek, so team news is essential. Others that make my shortlist are Saint-Etienne, who host Nancy, Toulouse on a minus against a porous Dijon side, and also Evian, who I expect to be solid at altitude against a Nice side who could well go down this season. Lille are too short for my liking at home to Montpellier - les Lillios always start the season poorly. For the moment, the matches at Sochaux, Valenciennes and Marseille don't interest me, but that could change. I'll hopefully start hitting some bets tomorrow as team-news filters in. For now, I'll leave you with my shortlist ... Early shortlist - Lorient -0.25AH - Lyon -1.5AH - Saint-Etienne -0.5AH - Rennes 0AH - Toulouse -0.75AH - Evian -0.25AH - Montpellier +0.75AH

Re: France - Ligue 1 (13-14 August) I like Sochaux home win against Caen. Caen played a boring match with Valenciennes at home (1:0), while Sochaux played 2:2 with OM away from home, and showed impressive game imo. But at least better game than Caen, so they should win this at home. HW priced about 1.96. Auxerre's goalkeeper was very bad last round. Will he start against OM? OM played a draw (2:2) at home against Sochaux, but OM played superior most of the match. Auxerre goalkeeper was really bad, and they conceded 3 from Montpellier last round, and their gameplay was not so impressive. OM AW 2.13 I admit, Auxerre goal looked good! :D

Re: France - Ligue 1 (13-14 August) French Soccer 2011-2012 0W-1L-0P -1.28 units (00.00%) Rennes pick -109 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Not a good start for me last week in Ligue 1. I did watch PSG last week against Lorient at home and this team needs a lot of work to be where they think they are going to be. I think they will continue to struggle on the outset of the season. Rennes at home, inconsistent last year but had some good moments. They started out really well with the season as well putting up 5 goals.

Re: France - Ligue 1 (13-14 August) Evian - Nice: Nice 0 (AH) @ 2.76 (Pinnacle) 10/10 There isn't any real reason for Evian to be favourites by as little as 2.06. The hosts are newly promoted to league 1 and will suffer all the pressure of playing the first match in front of its fans. Evian got a good draw, 2-2, at Brest but it was an away match which allowed Evian to play more freely and without any home pressure. The hosts' inexperience showed given that they gave up a 0-2 lead and only got the draw. Nice had its problems last season and just survived relegation. The guests started the season with a 1-3 loss to Lyon at home. However, the guests are an experienced League 1 side and Evian is a newly promted side which is still trying to find its footing in the top league. I believe the price for Nice's win, with full draw cover, is excellent.

Re: France - Ligue 1 (13-14 August)

Event Auxerre - Marseille
Selection Marseille
Strength 10/10
Date 14/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.20
Reasoning Nice game here, on the first outing of Marseille to face a Auxerre from who i don't know very well what to expect after the departure of Jelen, Pedretti and special his coach Jean Fernandezreplaced by Laurent Fournier. Defeated by 3-1 at Montpellier on the start of the Ligue 1, Auxerre don't seem to be capable of clean the image in front of his fans when facing a Marseille who is coming to win the three points. Marseille knows very well they can't loose too much points to fight for the title, and as they already draw on the first day with Sochaux...

Re: France - Ligue 1 (13-14 August) i don't what to think about france league at the moment. most of top quality has shipped over to other leagues and teams are making do with energetic youth. too many draw have been already and i'm doubting if even elite teams can be relied upon to win games comfortably.