** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July

Re: Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July Kortrijk-Lierse 20:00 30th July Kortrijk is much better than Lierse in my opinion. Lierse is a mess. Their new trainer Chris Janssens has no experience as manager. Lierse bought a few players but they aren't so good Kortrijk bought some interesting players on transfer markt. Kortrijk to win @ 1.826 medium stake Pinnacle :hope

Re: Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July I definitely hope you're wrong ;) btw why do you consider the few new players from Lierse as "not good"? Karim Saidi has a past at Feyenoord and seems a defender with good passing (though his condition should improve over the weeks) Boban Grncarov played Champions League 2 seasons ago (against Chelsea, Atletico, Porto) and has a past at AA Gent. So he knows the Belgian competition. Also part of champions of Cyprus, Apoel Nicosia. Soufiane Bidaoui is rather unknown. Didn't succeed at Westerlo (where they wanted him to be the new Dirar). Left a good impression at Roeselare last season but I'll jugde him when I've seen a couple of games. Ok, Chris Janssens is an inexperienced coach but it was the same with Glenn de Boeck & Bob Peeters (at Cercle).

Re: Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July

I definitely hope you're wrong ;) btw why do you consider the few new players from Lierse as "not good"? Karim Saidi has a past at Feyenoord and seems a defender with good passing (though his condition should improve over the weeks) Boban Grncarov played Champions League 2 seasons ago (against Chelsea, Atletico, Porto) and has a past at AA Gent. So he knows the Belgian competition. Also part of champions of Cyprus, Apoel Nicosia. Soufiane Bidaoui is rather unknown. Didn't succeed at Westerlo (where they wanted him to be the new Dirar). Left a good impression at Roeselare last season but I'll jugde him when I've seen a couple of games. Ok, Chris Janssens is an inexperienced coach but it was the same with Glenn de Boeck & Bob Peeters (at Cercle).
Ok, but defense of Lierse really sucked last year and they had a lot of immature players. I really don't think Lierse will suprise this year.. I know you are a fan and won't like to hear this, and believe me all transfers my team does are great aswell but it's always waiting... There was a reason why Saidi and Grncarov left Feyenoord and Gent. Playing Champions League is really not that hard when you go to a smaller team and you are lucky in the draw for qualification matches..., Idd there are some teams who did a couple of great transfers but a lot will depend of the fitness of the players. Kv Mechelen bought Ruiz, but he's injured a lot so how will that pay off? Leuven did some great transfers if you ask me. But here aswell, question is how about Roelandts? Will he be fit or injured during this season? and as said how will players adapt to a higher level or new competition...

Re: Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July I actually expect some more transfers to come near the end of the transfer window (when the players gets cheaper compared to their current price). Not only at my club, but others too. Also after years of wasting too much money, the board at Lierse changed a lot and we're cutting the expenses. I think the acquisition of Jesse de Preter as CEO is a good thing for the club, for the future. Not many useless transfers (we still got to get rid of players like Job, Douala, Camacho, Nottari, ...) Now, they're looking for some affordable opportunities. I admit we could use some more attacking strength too (only 3-4 attackers at the moment). I don't expect as a surprise this season, but a year without too much of stress would be welcome. The last 3 years were quite demanding "mentally" :p 2 years battling for promotion 1 year of battling against relegation (which we survived just a couple of mins before the end of the season) I hope that because of the few transfers we made and the squad remained a bit stable for the first time in years, we got a team that's accustomed to eachother. Who do you support by the way?

I didn't watch the game. Were they really that impressive or was the opposition just poor?
They were not so impressive :p But they scored easily and the new players showed their qualities apart from Refaelov, he was absent-minded in the game.

I actually expect some more transfers to come near the end of the transfer window (when the players gets cheaper compared to their current price). Not only at my club, but others too. Also after years of wasting too much money, the board at Lierse changed a lot and we're cutting the expenses. I think the acquisition of Jesse de Preter as CEO is a good thing for the club, for the future. Not many useless transfers (we still got to get rid of players like Job, Douala, Camacho, Nottari, ...) Now, they're looking for some affordable opportunities. I admit we could use some more attacking strength too (only 3-4 attackers at the moment). I don't expect as a surprise this season, but a year without too much of stress would be welcome. The last 3 years were quite demanding "mentally" :p 2 years battling for promotion 1 year of battling against relegation (which we survived just a couple of mins before the end of the season) I hope that because of the few transfers we made and the squad remained a bit stable for the first time in years, we got a team that's accustomed to eachother. Who do you support by the way?
Well.. I Love Standard, but that's not really my favorite team.... Belgian football is just to poor actually. I'm a huge Real Madrid fan and I love to go to home games of my local team (Geel you'll prob. Know them since you are from Lier? or Lierse fan...)

Re: Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July Today we got the first game of the new compeltition. Surprises are a part of football, and unfortunate they most of the time happen in the beginning and are difficult to predict. Today's game is OH Leuven - Anderlecht. Leuven promoted last year and so it's new in first division. Leuven is a bit like Braga in Portugal, a city for the students but I have no idea why that would be important :p The teams: Leuven has a nice team. They have bought several good players but the question is will they remain fit? A Jurgen Roelandts for example is one of the most creative players and has a great vision, but he has difficulties to remain fit at the moment. It's hard to predict how Leuven will play. Annys is suspended, new people as Boi, Roelandts, Vermeulen will play. I'm really eager to see how Ruytinckx will be playing for OHL. He's a great striker with a lot of goals in 2nd division and someone who woke up a lot of intrest of 1st division teams. Now he is in the 1st division and I want to see how good he is. Anderlecht had a good season last year, but they fall apart when Boussoufa left. That was Anderlecht's main goal this season. Replacing the creative little guy on the pitch and giving the team more offensive power and possibilities. Anderlecht bought a lot of players, but the question remains if those purchases are the right ones and are they ready? Anderlecht has a history of poor transfers and specially players who aren't ready (yet) to play for Anderlecht. Thats why Kanu, Reynaldo, Iakovenko,.... where loaned out the first (couple) of seasons. Suspected line up for Anderlecht: Proto Odoi, Juhasz, Samuel, Safari Gillet, Marecek, Klejstan Fernando (Canesin), Lukaku, Suarez I'm not sure about their midfield. A lot of empty spots there. Gillet seems to be sure of his spot, but the other spots are doubtfull. Could be Reynaldo will be starting. OHL is a bit unknown because it's their first game on the highest level and with a couple of new players. Does it really matter? I don't think so. Anderlecht misses with Vargas still a really important player and the question is if they have found a replacement for Boussoufa? In the future it'll be Vargas, but he's not fit and he'll be still out for at least 2 months ... I do think Anderlecht should win this game with the talent they had. Lukaku is still at the team and he'll have to be in a good shape to make Anderlecht win this game. Suarez is a player who always starts good at the season, but around december his best shape is gone... Since it's still early I guess he'll be playing good and a good Suarez is a dangerous weapon! Since it's the first game of the season, and we know little of OHL My bet won't be a huge one.. That's why my bet is: Anderlecht to win @ 1.56 Small-Medium stakes

Today we got the first game of the new compeltition. Surprises are a part of football, and unfortunate they most of the time happen in the beginning and are difficult to predict. Today's game is OH Leuven - Anderlecht. Leuven promoted last year and so it's new in first division. Leuven is a bit like Braga in Portugal, a city for the students but I have no idea why that would be important :p The teams: Leuven has a nice team. They have bought several good players but the question is will they remain fit? A Jurgen Roelandts for example is one of the most creative players and has a great vision, but he has difficulties to remain fit at the moment. It's hard to predict how Leuven will play. Annys is suspended, new people as Boi, Roelandts, Vermeulen will play. I'm really eager to see how Ruytinckx will be playing for OHL. He's a great striker with a lot of goals in 2nd division and someone who woke up a lot of intrest of 1st division teams. Now he is in the 1st division and I want to see how good he is. Anderlecht had a good season last year, but they fall apart when Boussoufa left. That was Anderlecht's main goal this season. Replacing the creative little guy on the pitch and giving the team more offensive power and possibilities. Anderlecht bought a lot of players, but the question remains if those purchases are the right ones and are they ready? Anderlecht has a history of poor transfers and specially players who aren't ready (yet) to play for Anderlecht. Thats why Kanu, Reynaldo, Iakovenko,.... where loaned out the first (couple) of seasons. Suspected line up for Anderlecht: Proto Odoi, Juhasz, Samuel, Safari Gillet, Marecek, Klejstan Fernando (Canesin), Lukaku, Suarez I'm not sure about their midfield. A lot of empty spots there. Gillet seems to be sure of his spot, but the other spots are doubtfull. Could be Reynaldo will be starting. OHL is a bit unknown because it's their first game on the highest level and with a couple of new players. Does it really matter? I don't think so. Anderlecht misses with Vargas still a really important player and the question is if they have found a replacement for Boussoufa? In the future it'll be Vargas, but he's not fit and he'll be still out for at least 2 months ... I do think Anderlecht should win this game with the talent they had. Lukaku is still at the team and he'll have to be in a good shape to make Anderlecht win this game. Suarez is a player who always starts good at the season, but around december his best shape is gone... Since it's still early I guess he'll be playing good and a good Suarez is a dangerous weapon! Since it's the first game of the season, and we know little of OHL My bet won't be a huge one.. That's why my bet is: Anderlecht to win @ 1.56 Small-Medium stakes
I will wait for the line-ups GL

Well.. I Love Standard' date=' but that's not really my favorite team.... Belgian football is just to poor actually. I'm a huge Real Madrid fan and I love to go to home games of my local team (Geel you'll prob. Know them since you are from Lier? or Lierse fan...)[/quote'] yes I know Geel of course ;) went there a couple of times watching Verbroedering Geel - Lierse. Last time in 2008 I guess. I live in Antwerp (City) but often reside in Grobbendonk so that's in the neigbourhood too ;) For the game of tonight, I expect a narrow win for Anderlecht (0-1 or 1-2). OHL did some good transfers + they're very motivated to show their best now they in the top division especially against Anderlecht.

No Biglia?
Biglia is injured and needs an operation. He waited untill afther the copa and now he's waiting for the qualifying games for Europe. After those are played he'll get an operation so I don't suspect him playing a lot in competition untill fully fit.

For me Anderlecht under 2.5 goals @ 2.16 (Pinnacle) Leuven will go for at least 1 point, so it will be a close match. The only men who can destroy Leuven is Lukaku.
:sad First bad of new season from me who's wrong. Shit happens, a red card for Odoi, own-goal by Samuel and a goal in extra time :unsure The next week we will see Wasyl :eyes

Re: Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July Not much time, but I'm going for a Zulte Waregem win over lokeren! Lokeren is a good team, no issue about that, but Peter Maes, Lokeren's coach seems to start bad every season. I know him for about 10 seasons and he always starts slow with a few games they can't win. Zulte Waregem is @ 4.2 so I can't refuse that. Small bet! gl all! :hope:hope

Re: Belgium-Jupiler Pro League - 29-31 July Here some medium stake bets purely based on better quality of the whole squad and playing at home. KV Kortrijk - Lierse (1) @1.93 Betfair (6.5/10) Is already discused enough on first page. KV Mechelen - STVV (1) @1.73 Betfair (6.5/10) Typical hometeam and STVV have some new players and they'll still need some time in my eyes.

Not much time' date=' but I'm going for a[b'] Zulte Waregem win over lokeren! Lokeren is a good team, no issue about that, but Peter Maes, Lokeren's coach seems to start bad every season. I know him for about 10 seasons and he always starts slow with a few games they can't win. Zulte Waregem is @ 4.2 so I can't refuse that. Small bet! gl all! :hope:hope
I will go for Gent @ 1.57 (7/10) and Gent over 2.5 @ 1.76 (6/10) Gent showed in the pre-season that they are in great form, Cercle Brugge were really poor, they just won 2 of 8 friendlies. I believe in the trainer, Trond Sollied, it's the 3th time he is coaching Gent and he's is know as a attacking coach. :hope

Not much time' date=' but I'm going for a[b'] Zulte Waregem win over lokeren! Lokeren is a good team, no issue about that, but Peter Maes, Lokeren's coach seems to start bad every season. I know him for about 10 seasons and he always starts slow with a few games they can't win. Zulte Waregem is @ 4.2 so I can't refuse that. Small bet! gl all! :hope:hope
backed lokeren on the basis that this is the worst 'reasoning' i've ever heard :moon

No it's not. What's he say is true. And Zulte-Waregem has now a good coach, he's a bit like Franky Dury.
dont be a fool. he mentioned nothing positive about the zulte coach, simply that lokeren's coach has had slow starts with each team he managed before. this has no corrolation at all with this season and is beyond a poor reason to back the opposing side. "im going to back team B because the coach of team A has managed teams that have started bad in the past decade" ----- and that is good reasoning to you?

Kortrijk-Lierse 20:00 30th July Kortrijk is much better than Lierse in my opinion. Lierse is a mess. Their new trainer Chris Janssens has no experience as manager. Lierse bought a few players but they aren't so good Kortrijk bought some interesting players on transfer markt. Kortrijk to win @ 1.826 medium stake Pinnacle :hope
I will go for Gent @ 1.57 (7/10) and Gent over 2.5 @ 1.76 (6/10) Gent showed in the pre-season that they are in great form, Cercle Brugge were really poor, they just won 2 of 8 friendlies. I believe in the trainer, Trond Sollied, it's the 3th time he is coaching Gent and he's is know as a attacking coach. :hope
:unsure Gent had at least chances and didn't managed to score one of them :eyes