2/1+ System

This is just a paper trial, as im not sure as to how it will work. I will be making virtual bets until i have an idea how it might pan out. The idea is to only back teams at 2/1+ but with a draw saver that just creeps into profit. I usually myself do a few 2/1+ long shots and get my fair share right so ill be interested to see how it works. Ill have a starting bank of 50pts and i hope to find a few value bets, no bets below 2/1 such as 15/8. Week 1 Cardiff to beat Blackburn 1pt on 3/1 win... 0.5pts on 11/5 draw Yeovil to beat Rotheram 1pt on 7/2 win... 0.5pts on 12/5 draw Sheff Utd to beat Villa 2pts on 5/2 win... 1pt on 9/4 draw Crawley to beat Carlisle 1.5pts on 2/1 win... 0.75pts on 9/4 draw Torquay to beat Huddersfield 0.5pts on 7/2 win... 0.25pts on 5/2 draw 9pts staked Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 41pts Edited: Removed Nottingham Forest selection

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2/1+ System Thanks Yeah but it'll be safer as im not sure how well im going to do, know what you mean though. Yep i hear Sutton being tipped up but i am going to wait to hear what my sisters boyfriend says about it as he plays for Sutton! Im going to post his thoughts tommorrow in the non league thread. Good luck on your Everton system too!

Re: 2/1+ System Considering this is a paper trial im going to introduce 3 staking scenarios to help find the best staking plan for this system. Staking plan 1 This is the staking plan i used to post my first selections, where half the amount used to stake on a team to win is put on the draw as cover. Staking plan 2 For this staking plan the amount staked on a team to win will also be placed on the team to draw at the same amount. Staking plan 3 For this staking plan only the amount staked on the team to win will be placed, no draw bet will be used. The amount staked on a team to win in my selections remains constant for all staking plans. I will update each bank to find the most suitable way to place my selections.

Re: 2/1+ System Each of my weeks selctions will be put into a weekly post such as this one. With 3 staking plans it will make it easier for me to post the selections and the odds and then give details of each staking plan and the current bank. Week 1 Selections Team . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | Win Odds . | Draw Odds . | Win Stake Cardiff vs Blackburn . . . . . | . . 7/2 . . . | . . .11/5. . . | 1pt Sheff Utd vs Aston Villa. . . | . . 5/2 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 2pts Yeovil vs Rotheram. . . . . . | . . 7/2 . . . | . . .12/5. . . | 1pt Crawley vs Carlisle. . . . . . | . . 2/1 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 1.5pts Torquay vs Huddersfield . . | . . 7/2 . . . | . . .5/2. . . . | 0.5pts Staking plan 1 This staking plan is where the amount staked on the win is halfed and placed on the draw as cover. Starting Bank: 50pts Current Bank: 41pts Staking plan 2 For this staking plan the amount staked on a team to win will also be placed on the team to draw at the same amount. Starting bank:50pts Current bank: 38pts Staking plan 3 For this staking plan only the amount staked on the team to win will be placed, no draw bet will be used. Starting bank:50pts Current bank: 44pts

Re: 2/1+ System Selections Cardiff vs Blackburn :D DREW at 11/5 Sheff Utd vs Aston Villa :D WON at 5/2 Yeovil vs Rotheram :D WON at 7/2 Crawley vs Carlisle :D WON at 2/1 Torquay vs Huddersfield :D DREW at 5/2 3/5 Winners at.. 5/2, 7/2 and 2/1 2/5 Drew at.. 5/2 and 11/5 0/5 losers.. Absolutely delighted, not a sinlge loser from 5 teams priced at an average of 3/1. Staking plan 1 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 59.2pts Staking plan 2 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 58.25pts Staking plan 3 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 60pts If only these wern't virtual bets, depending on how my selections were staked an average of 9pts profit:D

Re: 2/1+ System Cheers, ive been trying for a system that could work and i noticed that in my weekly bets that i get more of my long shots right than odds on punts. Same applies again this weekend. Im not going over the top though, im gonna give it a 2 month testing period before i put any of my cash on it.. see if it actually is profitable in the long run first. Cant beleive i removed Nottingham Forest, they came in at 7/2.. 3-0 as well, i dont even know why i removed them because Q.P.R had been so terrible, never the less still a great start to the system.

Re: 2/1+ System I had Yeovil, Crawley, Lewes and Sutton at 7/2, 2/1, 2/1 and 2/1 and three of them came in for me! Did you decide not to take Sutton in the end Chris? They won 5-0... On another note I was at the Crawley v Carlisle game today. Crawley deserved the win, they also hit the post twice. Carlisle really didnt look that good, I wont be backing them in the future.

Re: 2/1+ System Yeah Carlisle are having a bit of a wobble, and Crawley are excellent at home. They your local team? ive won quite a bit backing them at home this year. I never spoke to my sisetrs boyfriend because i couldnt get hold of my sister, she lives in London, at Uni and i just couldnt get hold of her so i just thought id stick to my 5 and see how it pans out. I removed Nottingham Forest at 7/2 and mulled over Sutton at 2/1 and decided against them both.. and they won 3-0 and 5-0 :sad Still i got my 5 up so im happy:D Everton for champions leage and F.A cup Muze? ;) My team City lost to Oldham and you were right Oldham were worth the 11/2.. unlucky that you dint back it in the end. Same old..same old City :\

Re: 2/1+ System Yeah damn Chris Killen for being unfit! Otherwise i would have bet it! :( Still returned a small profit for the day so canny complain. Yep i live 15 minutes drive from Crawley (I live in Horsham). So now they're in the conf i'll go to a game or two if its a decent team playing them like Carlisle or if ive got a bet on em. Its the 2nd time ive watched them this season. Id say theyre definitely worth betting on if good odds but I wouldnt go overboard on them at odds on as they seem to play better against better sides.

Re: 2/1+ System Right heres to clarify selection, stake and odds.. just wanted to make sure i got my selctions in before it kicked off. Week 1 midweek selections Rennes vs Auxerre. . . . Win odds: 9/4 Draw odds: 2/1 Win stake: 1pt Halifax vs Crawley. . . . Win odds: 3/1 Draw odds: 12/5 Win stake: 0.5pts

Re: 2/1+ System Unfortunately two midweek losers, both went down 1-0. Staking plan 1 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 56.95pts Staking plan 2 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 55.25pts Staking plan 3 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 58.5pts It'll be tough to get 2/1+shots, the strike rate wont be high but obviously the payout much higher.. onto the weekend.

Re: 2/1+ System Week 2 Selections Team . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | Win Odds . | Draw Odds . | Win Stake Leeds vs Cardiff . . . . . . . | . . 7/2 . . . | . . .9/4.. . . | 1pt Barnsley vs Huddersfield . | . . 5/2 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 1pt Walsall vs Chesterfield. . . | . . 11/4 . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 0.5pts Shrewsbury vs Boston . . . | . . 2/1 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 1pt Accrington vs Hereford . . .| . . 2/1 . . .| . . .9/4. . . . | 0.5pts

Re: 2/1+ System Not such a great weekend ill update later tonight, 3 drew 3 lost. Looking forward to this coming weekend though- theres a few games i like the look of. Right considering this is a 2/1 system im going to put this bet into it. Burnley vs Liverpool 0-1 Goals 11/5 2pts staked out of each bank.

Re: 2/1+ System Right before Burnleys game tonight, just going to update 2nd week bank. After the weekend games where 3 drew and 4 lost banks stand at: Staking plan 1 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 52.51pts (4.4pts loss) Staking plan 2 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 52.94pts (2.3pts loss) Staking plan 3 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 53.25pts (5.25pts loss)

Re: 2/1+ System Right the 0-1 goals at 11/5 came in bringing 6.4 pts return. What a ridiculous price that was given the circumstances. Staking plan 1 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 58.91pts Staking plan 2 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 59.34pts Staking plan 3 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 59.65pts

Re: 2/1+ System Week 3 Selections Team . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | Win Odds . | Draw Odds . | Win Stake Doncaster vs Hull . . . . . . .| . . 2/1 . . . | . . .11/5. . . | 0.75 pts Norwich vs Middlesboro. . . | . . 9/4 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 1.25 pts Brighton vs Nottm Forest. . | . . 3/1 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 0.5 pts Millwall vs Wolves . . . . . . . | . . 5/2 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 0.5 pts Stoke vs Leeds. . . . . . . . . | . . 9/4 . . . | . . .9/4. . . . | 0.75 pts Also going to throw in this 2/1+ bet: West Brom vs Man City (-1) 4/1 . . 0.5pts

Re: 2/1+ System From my original 5 selections 3 bloody won at 2/1, 5/2 and 9/4 and the other two drew which is more profit and then i had to throw in Bournemouth with a massive 3pt stake! Ill update bank after City game but i reckon its another profitable week but would have been fantastic if i dint add Bournemouth at the last minute! Oh well.

Re: 2/1+ System Well Looks like City let us both down, no real suprise to see City let people down. Yep ive still got a decent strike rate for 2/1+ shots, could of been a great week if i just limited my stakes on Bournemouth. Wolves won at 5/2 :D Leeds won at 9/4 :D Doncaster won at 2/1 :D Nottm Forest drew at 9/4 Norwich drew at 9/4 Bournemouth lost :( 3/6 Winners at 2/1, 9/4 and 5/2 2/6 Drew at 9/4 and 9/4 1/6 Lost Added to the loss on City(-1) Staking plan 1 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 57.56pts (1.35pts loss) Staking plan 2 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 57.46pts (1.88pts loss) Staking plan 3 Starting bank: 50pts Current bank: 59.35pts (0.35pts loss) :\ 3 Big priced winners and just 1 team outright loss plus small stakes on city(-1) and its a slight loss.